Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Assemblage (4/6; Possibly starting) - Turn 13  (Read 17873 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 4: Decay
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2017, 02:49:30 pm »

Glass, how much of RtRtD have you read? I'm on page 44. Derm has now summoned yet another atrocity.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2017, 03:09:07 pm »

Glass, how much of RtRtD have you read? I'm on page 44. Derm has now summoned yet another atrocity.
All of it. A while ago. And it's glorious.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2017, 12:31:25 am »

Turn 3: Rationis Ad Prandium

Juni snatches up the insignia and investigates it closely.
(4) The insignia has a hard object sewn into the cloth. Your diagnostic device gives no alarms.
"...Don't let the rust touch you.", Nix says to everybody.

Cautiously proceed down stairs ( it is downwards right? )
(4) You open the normal door, and descend the stairwell. Peering into the next room, something seems wrong, but you can't tell why.
Also go downstairs, gathering any useful-looking scrap along the way.
(2) You start going downstairs, but are arrested by the same sudden feeling of something not being quite normal. You are too nervous to find scrap.
"Agh, my hand!"
Try to get my hand set right again, and examine my surroundings. If the terminal is still there, go and see what I can do on it. Avoid the rust spots as nix ordered, assuming he somehow knows what causes them.
(6) Attempting to set your hand, you heal it slightly, but it aches more now. Concentration will suffer.
(5) You find nothing newer in your surroundings, just the rust, yellow lighting, and insignia.
(6) I don't know how I could overshoot watching a terminal, so you find files labeled RESAUTOLOGS,  DEFLOGS, and BIOACTIVE_DB.
(1) You touch a rust spot, and feel sickeningly queasy. The feeling fades in a few seconds, though.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:51:30 am by Eschar »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2017, 12:36:23 am »

Very carefully enter the not-so-right room, see if there's anything useful in it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 5: Topology Going Out To Lunch
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2017, 12:38:22 am »

I suggest you keep your dazzler ready. There may not be anything in this room, but you're walking through the dead halls of a recently damaged research complex...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:54:48 am by Eschar »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 5: Rationis Ad Prandium
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2017, 02:44:22 am »

Well, rolling a 6 traditionally carries both a good result and a bad side effect. So, maybe I triggered a security system or a virus that was planted in the software?
Also, way to mess up my hand worse..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2017, 05:44:24 am »

Juni follows Nix downstairs, and looks around the room.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2017, 07:20:22 am »

Have no idea what's going on.
Just do what everyone else is doing.
Be ready to run if bad stuff occurs.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2017, 09:36:13 am »

I'll head down stairs.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2017, 09:47:39 am »

Well, rolling a 6 traditionally carries both a good result and a bad side effect. So, maybe I triggered a security system or a virus that was planted in the software?
Taking inspiration from RtRtD, in which there are only rolls for computer interaction if you're doing something risky.
You haven't entered anything into the terminal yet; you've studied its screen.
Also, way to mess up my hand worse..
I'll change that. Since "rolling a 6 traditionally carries both a good result and a bad side effect"needs citation, your hand is more functional now, but gives you more pain, which will interfere with your concentration.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2017, 10:23:03 am »

((I accidentally posted the turn here, then realized that Dustan hasn't had time to post his action.))

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2017, 10:41:47 am »

Glass/Erin has tendered his retirement from Assemblage. Do any of you wish to use his character (in addition to your own)?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2017, 12:05:19 pm »

skim through the files for anything relevant to our current situation or The facility, then regroup with the others..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2017, 12:21:16 pm »

Turn 6: Interesting Topological Exercise
So far, that's the fastest everyone has posted their actions.
Glass/Erin has tendered his retirement from Assemblage. Do any of you wish to appropriate his character (in addition to your own)?

Very carefully enter the not-so-right room, see if there's anything useful in it.
(4) You enter the room cautiously, holding your dazzler ready. The room seems to be just a hub; there is little in the room itself, but many doors leading out of it. What the room does have is a dead man propped up against the far wall, his lifeless hands aiming a weapon at the door you just came through. His face is covered in burns, dried blood has stained most of his uniform, and his eyes are closed. He looks horribly emaciated. You take a step towards him, and two things happen immediately. First, the world tilts around you, and gravity is pointing at a wall, but it is weaker than normal and deposits you safely on said wall. Then you have the sensation again of being in several times at once: some running forward, some speeding backward, and many that you cannot distinguish. The feeling is agonizing; your mind cannot grasp the mechanics of this space, and you feeling something like unto insanity tugging at your mind. You brace yourself for the invasion of images as earlier, but none come. Then you see a metal cabinet labeled Emergency across from (below?) you.
Juni follows Nix downstairs, and looks around the room.
(2) You attempt to discern the contents of this room, but cannot see through a mist of distorted space just past the doorway.
Have no idea what's going on.
Just do what everyone else is doing.
Be ready to run if bad stuff occurs.

(Free) You easily succeed at having no idea what's going on, seeing as you already...had no idea what was going on.
(2) You fail to do what everyone else is doing, still unsettled by that feeling of strangeness.
(4) Still, you manage to occupy a position in the stairwell from which you can run either way.
I'll head down stairs.
(3) You start going downstairs, but are stopped by that same feeling. This feeling is very useful for the GM explaining failure at walking down stairs, isn't it?
skim through the files for anything relevant to our current situation or The facility, then regroup with the others..
(Free) Scanning the SYSRESLOG file, you find references to 7 people being outside of the mindbank. Not just 5. You also find that there is a massive sinkhole surfacing in "Region 18," probably the region in which the device was originally studied.
(Free) You regroup with the others, standing just outside the entrance to the non-Euclidian room..

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:24:32 pm by Eschar »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 6: Interesting Topological Exercise
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2017, 01:00:47 pm »

Juni enters the room
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12