Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous CRPG  (Read 37853 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker CRPG
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2018, 11:17:23 pm »

I ended up dropping the game, both to wait for more bug patches and because other games caught my attention recently. But apparently it looks like DLC is starting to be announced.

The first DLC, Wildcards, will introduce a playable Tiefling race, the Kineticist class, and a Tiefling Kineticist companion with her own story.

Tieflings are a little odd, since they weren't even on the original extra race poll, but they are admittedly pretty popluar. The three on the poll were Aasimar, Dhampir, and the Genie-kin, so I suspect those Dhamps and Genies will be in the future packs. And for the Suli-Jann to be completely forgotten about when Genie-time comes around, as is tradition.

Also kind of surprised to see Kineticist up at all, let alone first. It's an interesting class, but the mechanics are a little weird, and likely need a bit of overhauling to work in the game. I would have figured Hellknights would have been the first to make it, since playable Hellknights were a stretch-goal.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:20:34 pm by BlackFlyme »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2018, 12:27:16 am »

Is Genie-kin pathfinder's genasi or something same-theme-but-different?
Love, scriver~

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2018, 12:47:05 am »

Like Genasi, they are half-genies, but there is lore allowance for genie-kin being born to other elementally-attuned parents, or the result an ancestor being exposed to raw elemental essence. Though they are written as five separate races, rather than one with four subraces. Aside from the Suli, each of the Genie-kin also recently received two subraces.

Ifrits are fire-aligned born to Efreeti,
Oreads are earth-aligned born to Shaitan,
Sylphs are air-aligned born to Djinn,
Undines are water-aligned born to Marids,
and the Suli are born to Janni, which are composed of all four elements.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2018, 12:53:41 am »

Like Genasi, they are half-genies

I must durrsagree
Love, scriver~

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2018, 01:01:41 am »

It seems I didn't get very good search results then. Most of what came up said they were the children of genies.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:05:32 am by BlackFlyme »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2018, 01:05:46 am »

Well if there like genasi it's less direct children and more one of your ancestors were.

I looked them up on the pathfinder srd in the meanwhile because I wanted to check up the new subraces you mentioned and it checks out.

But thanks for the answer regardless. I'm sorry for being a pedantic derp.
Love, scriver~

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2018, 01:11:16 am »

Ah, I see. No worries. I ended up checking 5e's Elemental Evil supplement, and apparently Genasi in there can be directly born to a genie, in addition to less direct ancestry, which is probably what my search results were referencing. I guess that's a new thing then.

But I know Pathfinder has changed racial origins at least once before, or just been unclear in general. Fetchlings are descendants of humans warped from countless generations of living stranded on the plane of shadow, slowly having become infused with the plane's essence as well as the co-mingling of human and planar blood. Except they can also be born between a regular pure-blooded human and a creature from the shadow plane. Most prominently the Shae.

Or Strix going from descendants of ancient cursed humans to the magically created slave-race of a powerful race of owl-people known as Syrinx. Who actually have less known about them than the Strix. They didn't change the Strix language structure either, so it's still technically an unsettling mix of ancient human and Infernal, while the Syrinx language sounds very bird-like.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:43:22 am by BlackFlyme »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2018, 01:19:21 am »

5th Ed - making things less interesting since 4th Ed
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2018, 01:31:38 am »

Oh my god, stop trying to make fetchlings happen!

Aaand that's as bad a joke as any to start the day off with...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2018, 01:32:47 am »

I don't get the joke. It seems pretty far fetched.
Love, scriver~

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2018, 09:37:20 am »

They do have Shadow spells, something I’d never thought I see in an rpg due to the flexibility involved, so why not fetchlings?

More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2018, 03:57:33 pm »

They do have Shadow spells, something I’d never thought I see in an rpg due to the flexibility involved, so why not fetchlings?

Fetchlings aren't really prevalent in the area of the world that Kingmaker takes place in. They're more common in areas with thin borders between the Shadow Plane and the Material, as well as the island city of Absalom. Most genie-kin aren't in the area either, as far as I know. Though Undines might be slightly more common due to the settlement of Outsea, since it's a magically maintained lake of saltwater. There's also mention of Ifrits in the nearby nation of Galt, but there's no real explanation as to why other than some Ifrits enjoy watching the constant conflict there.

Anyways, the Wildcards DLC is out today, and starting a new game as a Tiefling has been reported as causing an infinite loading screen glitch. I've been waiting for almost an hour, personally. Verifying my files seemed to work, however.

Like Aasimar, there are multiple heritages of Tieflings, each with their own attributes, skill modifiers, and spell-like abilities. In addition, there's the Kineticist. Their elements are Air, Earth, Fire, and Water, and their Archetypes are Dark Elementalist, Kinetic Knight, and Psychokineticist.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:34:43 am by BlackFlyme »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2018, 04:19:50 pm »

I haven't looked in a while. Did they get around to making the game interesting and not-horrifically-buggy before moving onto DLC?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2018, 05:36:17 pm »

Not really. There has actually been a dearth of updates.

I'm not holding my breath but then again things can change. Battletech was actually patched into interesting so who knows

Edit: Predictably, once more bugs take the front. The DLC is not working (I got the season pass if you're wondering, back when I thought this game might be good). I honestly don't get the positive reviews.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:07:14 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2018, 05:39:42 pm »

The big bugs are all squashed, early game is basically bug free (except for whatever weirdness the DLC added) and late game the bugs are minor.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17