Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous CRPG  (Read 37828 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker CRPG
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2018, 03:57:01 pm »

I think encumberance and fortitude saves affect fatigue. Did either of those change somehow? (Haven't played with the newest patch.)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2018, 04:11:32 pm »

If fortitude saves affects it, maybe I was just rolling poorly?

Or it could be because starting over a new game lowered my fortitude to zero as well.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2018, 01:58:16 am »

I rerolled. Again.  Undead bloodline magus, idea is to go crane style, stat layout is not ideal because honestly minmaxing the pc has its own issues, and I hired two semi-minmaxed monster tacticians, a monk and a feyspeaker. We'll see
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2018, 12:41:52 pm »

I think fatigue was adjusted/implemented fully and was just previously not totally functional--a few weeks ago, the whole party got fatigued more or less at once, while now it is always Octavia, with her spectacular 8 Con, getting fatigued first.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2018, 01:20:06 pm »

Technically, the undead girl should never be fatigued, though. Or do undead get fatigued in Pathfinder, never played it P&P? They don't in D&D.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2018, 01:38:33 pm »

She doesnt get fatigue
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2018, 06:26:14 pm »

If you play a celestial Aasimar, you can use your daily racial power to clear away fatigue (but not exhaustion).

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2018, 02:58:05 am »

Paladin can choose remove fatigue as a lay on hands bonus, as well.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2018, 06:28:34 am »

Sooo.. undead bloodline scions are, indeed, surprisingly durable. Tartuccio nuked my party with his fireball and the kobolds KO everyone... but my main char, with the first DR you get alone, walked onto tartuccio, killed him, and then proceeded to slowly, one by one, disembowel every kobold. He still get's KOd at times by attacks by particularily powerful out of depth monsters but I honestly am beginning to think that maybe going for crane style was a mistake because I'm beginning to wonder if this guy will need to bother with dodging attacks at all by the time  he gets to DR 10 (let alone DR 15).

Really, I'm beginning to think the mixed reviews of this game are on the spot because while it has the bells and whistles of a BG-like, somehow everything comes across as unpolished, and the difficulty is schizophrenic, with things going either too easy or impossible.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2018, 05:39:13 pm »

PSA for anyone still making their way through this game that I wish I'd seen before I got near the end:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought I'd come to terms with the whole save-reload and metagamey decision making aspect to this game's design, but this final stretch has taken that to a whole other level and really soured me on a game I was actually enjoying despite the bugs and balance issues.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2018, 06:08:18 pm »

the whole save-reload and metagamey decision making aspect to this game's design
This is basically what is alienating me. Everything is so random, so geared  towards minmax chars, and even then you still have to reload because of rng sheanigans....

I've discovered how to edit savegames recently. I hope to retackle the game once I've buffed my main char's stats. And maybe add some feats I find interesting

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2018, 03:32:45 am »

PSA for anyone still making their way through this game that I wish I'd seen before I got near the end:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought I'd come to terms with the whole save-reload and metagamey decision making aspect to this game's design, but this final stretch has taken that to a whole other level and really soured me on a game I was actually enjoying despite the bugs and balance issues.

In my opinion, the core issue is that you're not given the true freedom that a RPG should have, in particular when it comes to companions. That's what irks me the most : basically your own hero is almost an empty side character and the true heroes with flashy backstories and drama are your companions, and woe on you if you dare not follow the script

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2018, 11:02:31 am »

... The game is all about you. All the dialogue is your character’s actions. The kingdom is your creation. How, exactly, are you a ‘side character’ in all of this?

My complaint is that I wish you could use the mercenary companions without giving up all the companion interactions. The party becomes really lifeless if you take too many mercenaries.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2018, 02:23:12 pm »

My main complaint is that it keeps re-ticking the "Use Rations" option without consulting me.

My other main complaint is that for a game with so many options and so much freedom it's a bit too fond of there being 'correct' choices, with heavy penalties if you make an incorrect choice (especially the ones that take a long time for those penalties to become apparent - save and reload doesn't cut it for those ones).

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2018, 12:46:52 am »

I just finished this game. I ran the kingmaker campaign a few years ago when it came out for pen and paper up to the 3rd chapter or so, so a good chunk of this game was very nostalgic for me. For maximum fun look for a few posts floating around on how to put your game settings "as close to pen and paper as possible". A lot of the creatures in game have crazy bloated stats compared to their monster manual counterparts (in lieu of just designing more difficult or interesting encounters). Grab the mod that allows you to respec story characters as most of them are pretty gimped and you'll need to min/max a bit to make it through. This way you can still enjoy all the beautiful voice acting and companion quests without struggling too much. The kingdom management does NOTHING except provide a few lackluster bonuses while in your claimed territories, and can spiral quickly downward to an instant (and permanent) game over if you dont tend to it often enough. Kingdom management can be put on AUTO, and your kingdom will never fail. This will save you 20hrs of loading screens and irrelevant kingdom stuff that doesnt do anything but add a line or two of flavor text at the end of the game. You should have a good time up until the last chapter which has a ton of poor design choices that turn the whole ordeal into a slog. I'd recommend turning all your difficulty settings to minimum and finishing the game. Otherwise you'll waste hours and hours of time reloading what feels like 20 of the same battle against a couple handfuls of the same uber OP trash mob all throughout the last chapter. Freedom of movement spell is a must to get through the last chapter, but theyve added scrolls for sale in one of the recent updates that has it as a bandaid solution to the trudge of the last chapter. You'll want to make sure you do all the companion quests for your main party at the very least.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17