Machine
- 0 (0%)
Frame
- 2 (28.6%)
Paladin
- 5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: (RTD) Knights of the Stars  (Read 9097 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RTD) Knights of the Stars
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2017, 04:20:43 pm »

((Also, did the grenade or the remains of my slash catch any of the normal marines, or did the Powersuits somehow absorb the full attack? And what are our marines doing?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2017, 04:34:04 pm »

((The Slash was primarily aimed at the Marines, so they took the full brunt and suffered for it. The grenade presumably killed a couple normals, but the flash ahsnt cleared up yet. The three marines are in a couple states. The left most is currently attempting to get back on his feet, the center one is aiming his gun, and the rightmost one is currently falling to the floor.

For reference, a round in combat is about 3-6 seconds.))
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2017, 11:29:01 pm »

"Maneuvering"

Thunderbolt hefts up his stalwart-though compromised shield, before assuming a position in between the enemy combatants and his squad.
Spoiler: Thunderbolt IV (click to show/hide)
(OOC: Apologizes for my absence. Edit: What is the poll for?)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2017, 12:58:42 am »

Continue removing threats.
Have Raptor1 assist in removing lightly armored threats if spare processing power permits.

Spoiler: Vision 1 (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2017, 02:56:29 am »

If straight brute force with dark matter can't take out the suits, I have another idea that involves brute force and dark matter. Smash the power suit marines into the ceiling with dark matter from below them, and use Follow Up to shoot their grenades to make them detonate on their belts. Or just to shoot them in weakened sections of the armor. If the others have already dealt with them, use my Phazon rifles to eliminate as many of the normal as possible and use Follow Up to make a forward moving wall of dark matter to block their return fire if necessary and smash them, or to smash any new hostile that show up. If a follow up isn't necessary, use my secondary action to preemptively recover from the coming psionic stress.

Spoiler: Guwat (click to show/hide)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2017, 10:52:43 pm »

Mission 001: Operation Pandora's Box
Post 011: A gory end to a hero.

Turgle'Purk pulls a grenade off his belt, pulls the pin and chucks it as far as he could, bouncing off a wall with a twak sound.
Quote from: Grenade throw roll
An ominous twak sound is heard away from the vision of the elevator, and the grenade comes into view for some of the elevator inhabitants.
Purk moves to close the elevator but is interrupted by the rest of the squad firing out of the elevator.

Thunderbolt lifts his shield into position, conveniently on the side where Purk threw his special cylinder of shrapnel.
Quote from: holding your shield up roll.
1!
The grenade detonates, and Thunderbolt loses control of its shield bearing arm, Damage control systems kick in, but they do not have time to do anything significant besides pinpoint the damage to the shard of metal that locked into a power control system in the elbow joint. It will need to be removed.

Thunderbolt was knocked back by the kinetic force of the grenade, and could not push his rifle to bear.
[add  disabled shield bearing arm to conditions.]

the Left most Unitarian marine
Quote from: Surviving the Grenade Roll
2-1=1
Keels back over, its blue ichor leaking from its gorget. the gurgly sounds it makes fill you with pride in the fact that it will die.

Vision 1s heat sinks engage as the linear rifle accelerates a slug towards the centermost marine.

Quote from: Linear Rifle Roll
2!
Misses the centermost marine by the skin of its armor, but nails a regular soldier behind it, leaving a fist-sized hole in its chest.  Of the original amount of marines behind the soldiers, only thirteen remains.

Quote from: Raptor firing roll

Three soldiers are hit by bursts of plasma and are either crippled, maimed, or dead from the extreme heat exposure.

Guwat decides that the only thing to do is to rip them apart, as always.
Quote from:  Psi Amp & Endurance Roll
8 3!

The room, the hallway, and the walls drop several degrees temperature wise as the Dark matter is swept up, slamming upwards and backward at the three, poor marines, along with Guwat. In an uncontrolled manner, all three are launched towards the back wall at a horrific speed.  The three Marines slam against the ceiling, and with a wet thud, all three of them break apart like watermelons that had been hit with a sledgehammer, raining gore and metal below.

Guwat merely slams at the elevator doorway and crumples to the floor like a set of broken teaware in a sack instead of embedding into the ceiling and exploding like the Marines.
[add fractured left leg, fractured right arm, fractured rib, ruptured lung, temporary stun to conditions.]

Guwat promptly screams, as the psionic withdrawal of energy finally kicks in, but oddly weaker than the worst case scenario it rightfully should have been.
[ add major Psionic exhaustion, estimated 4-5 turns until complete  recovery, it is highly recommended you do not use psionics at all during this period.]

If one were to look down the right hallway, they would notice a full squadron of Unitarian Soldiers pulls back into a full rout.

Frunk
Quote from: action roll to determine if he actually acts due to his inactivity.
Quote from: Frunks Gunplay roll
4+2(skill)

Lets out a burst of Phazon rounds at the soldiers, noting the clear fire lanes from the fact that the Unitarian Space Marines are now in the way in the form of rain rather than as walls.

Only five Soldiers remain in front of the elevator, the rest are either running to the right or are of unknown status to the left.

The Bridge is to the left, there is likely still personnel in the hallway.

Spoiler: GMs note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:56:10 pm by Blood_Librarian »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2017, 10:57:45 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Do Some Field Repair work on Thunderbolt.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2017, 11:10:30 pm »

((So I got a 5+3 on my Psionic amp roll and have In The Zone Active, heightening my focus to a point that would, paraphrasing you when I was working on the skill, make me unstoppable for a few turns, right? Why and how am I hitting myself with my own psionic attack, especially when I was already behind Thunderbolt last turn? I can understand the severe psionic exhaustion, but I don't remember reading anywhere that Psionic Endurance would affect control, just that it affects the mental strain from psionics. And shouldn't a base 5 roll be a total success, not an overshoot? Not trying to whine, just trying to get some clarification on how that happened.))

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2017, 11:39:26 pm »

((When I think of In the Zone, I believed it to be that "No matter what I do, it was done. No ifs, and's or butts and damn the consequences." If you did not have In the Zone active, your psionic attack would've been interrupted by the grenade going off.)) Granted, I might have gone overboard with the wounds, but since your hard suit will keep you going it's mostly gonna be a -1 or a -2 to related rolls, Since those wounds are really nothing once they are stabilized by another person. The Limb Fractures are automatically set by the hard suit, the rib fracture gets clamped down, and ruptured Lungs are totally different in effect to Yaerians since they have their lungs full of fluid instead of air, kinda like a fish tank with those bubbler things.
The fluid will exchange with the blood in the body and it will lead to problems if you don't get some serious medical attention in say, an hour or three, but as of now, it's just really extensive pain which will be gone once you get hit with some heavy painkillers.

As for the Amp Roll, I had no other option besides giving you a seizure and perhaps some really bad brain damage because you failed both this roll and had psionic shock which would've happened this turn, so I played it like a sudden discharge of uncontrollable power, rather than the mental equivalent of getting beaten to death with lead pipes.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2017, 11:47:15 pm »

((Works for me. Hadn't realized that the psionic shock was just delayed by a turn, had originally thought it would hit me at the end of In The Zone. This way is better, though, since the Psionic Shock, Severe Psionic Exhaustion, and whatever I would have gotten from presumably using psionics next turn would have probably resulted in a coma or instadeath. Thanks for answering so promptly. I'll submit an action tomorrow, either before or after work. Although it'll probably just be "Try to ease the psionic strain and let my suit patch me up."))

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2017, 11:53:24 pm »

((You have the option of "Stabbing yourself with a needle", or "Pulling your pistol out and perhaps becoming a all star pistol hero" or perhaps even "mutter quietly about burns Phazon burns being better then this" as your action, but I appreciate creativity so if you figure something out on your own don't be afraid to hit me with it.

Also, think of Psionic exhaustion as severe migraines, except they go away after twenty seconds if you're a good PSY Agent with ample "reserves". As far as I know, there really isn't a way to "push" migraines away, and that's the sort of baseline I'm trying to go for with Psionic Stress.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2017, 06:07:05 pm »

Frunk stops being lazy long enough to update his sheet! It's super effective!

Spoiler: Frunk (click to show/hide)

Frunk moves out of the elevator and does a quick sweep of the immediate area outside to make sure that there are no immediate threats outside the elevator. If there are, he shoots them. If not, he takes cover by the corner to the left and peeks out.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:12:41 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2017, 06:28:37 pm »

You lost one fragmentation grenade after that mysterious explosion outside the elevator, modify your sheet.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2017, 07:41:24 pm »

You lost one fragmentation grenade after that mysterious explosion outside the elevator, modify your sheet.
What class grenade?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2017, 07:51:43 pm »

Class denotes its general lethality, I said Fragmentation, which is the Class one. You did not have a Class two Fragmentation explosive.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11