Machine
- 0 (0%)
Frame
- 2 (28.6%)
Paladin
- 5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: (RTD) Knights of the Stars  (Read 9103 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RTD) Knights of the Stars
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2017, 11:10:54 pm »

((How long is my psionic exhaustion? And why did I get a malus on that psionic endurance roll earlier? I don't recall the rules ever mentioning that would happen.))

"I don't have the patience for this. You, Unitarian. You will unlock the case of the strange boltgun, then I will leave you to cower here while we do our job. If you refuse, I will kill you and take it. Is that clear?" Guwat speaks to the Uniatarian, the psionic exhaustion making his tone sound annoyed as he shifts his fingers to rest on the triggers of his Phazon rifles.

Get the Armory Unitarian to give me access to the strange bolt gun, and take the bolt gun along with whatever ammo I can find. Use gestures to get my point across if necessary. If they don't cooperate due to something other than a language barrier, shoot them dead and get to work on opening that case carefully with my cutting torch so I don't damage the gun. Then take the gun and any ammo I can scrounge up. If hostile show up, take cover and shoot them.

Spoiler: Guwat (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:28:29 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2017, 09:17:43 am »

@Beirus
It's probably gonna last for a good 2-3 more turns, but essentially every time you use your psionics, there is a chance that you will draw too much,  hitting excessive highs ((like rolling really well both times you used your psionics)) results in a malus to the Endurance roll. I did not clarify anything in the rules about psionic attack usage, so it is my fault.

to be clear, the Unitarian can't understand the Yaerian Langauge.

Once Crazyabe posts we are good to go.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2017, 09:36:45 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Try to get my knife and get untrapped?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2017, 11:37:39 pm »

"At the ready."

Thunderbolt stands watch, ready to act as needed.

Spoiler: Thunderbolt IV (click to show/hide)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2017, 06:09:41 pm »

Quote from: Coolrune206 v Undying Maintenance Worker{CQC}
1! v 3
one by one, any who stirs, gets a rifle butt to the skull, Quick and efficient.

When you were six collapsed skulls in,  one caught wind of their impending doom and rolled out of the way.  it was too late to wind up for another hit when it elbowed the rifle away, conveniently allowing it to pick up a fallen Gyro-pistol.

Quote from:  Undying Maintenance Worker v Coolrune206{Close Range Firefight}
-1! v 6

The Gyrojet weapon clicks three times, begging for more ammo, with the baarrel pointed straight at your heart.

For a split second you considder mercy, but decide instead to help him act like his previous cohorts, and slam the barrel of your gun into his face, collapsing the skull with a meaty thunk.

Nothing else stirs in the cargo elevator.

[5+2]

Looking in the maintenance panel of the elevator, you note that the linear rails-- an ingenious design by Unitarian forces -- have nearly strained themselves apart during the Psionics assault on the elevator, and with a quick couple screws tightened and wires cauterized, you just sped up the elevators movement time back to original speculated blueprint specifications.

sluggishly, not to damage the heat sinks, Thunderbolt walks over to the armory, leaning on the wall where it can to expend the least amount of energy.

[2]

the deployed eye drone begins pulling out grenades from their baskets indented into the wall, but fails to cut through any cases for actual weapons.

[6] The second eye drone assists greatly in the endeavor, widely affecting the salvaging potential by applying stresses to the windows with ramming and applied pressure to actually break windows. small tiny components are gathered and stored into the main Frame.

[add Armory Loot]

Quote from:  Beirus +Lenglon vs Armory QUarter Master {Persuasion}
[4 + 2 v 6]

Gesturing at the Quartermaster started to work.
it really did.
Until the Raptor drone shot the Guardian in its shoulder, and the poor thing fell unconscious from shock.

its repeating its warning right now.

[6+1]

Cutting it open was the easiest thing you could've done, honestly.
[Add 1 Adv. Bolt Gun + 4 Adv. Boltgun Magazines.]

[6+1]
As a turgle purk,
Cutting yourself out was simple, with the combat knife. so was getting out form under the desk.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2017, 06:45:51 pm »

Finish getting on the elevator
Send Eye1 ahead of us through the elevator shaft to our destination floor.
Eyes 2, 3, 4, and Raptor 1 all go to elevator and land.

Spoiler: Vision 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:49:13 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2017, 06:58:45 pm »

((I uh... meant to be nonlethal. Woops.))

Frunk investigates all possible stops on the elevator. Does he know any Unitarian written language? Possibly any symbols?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2017, 07:17:23 pm »

You can't be non-lethal with a super powered rifle butt.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2017, 07:21:48 pm »

((Touche.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2017, 06:31:03 pm »

Need more actions to complete turn.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2017, 06:34:19 pm »

Take a Look for any Explosives,
>if found, "Collect" them
Then head down to the Elevator, and look for somewhere to jack in and hack in.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:04:22 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2017, 07:38:13 pm »

Go to the elevator. Inspect my new gun. Load it during the elevator ride up if that happens this turn.

Spoiler: Guwat (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:16:37 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2017, 02:55:59 am »

"On Standby."

Thunderbolt maneuvers to the elevator and pauses to continue cool-down.

Spoiler: Thunderbolt IV (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2017, 05:13:06 pm »

Quote from: Lenglons Final loot scan & Drone Action
1 & 4
Scanning through the debris and the mounts on the wall, nothing of interest is found, so you promptly re-arrange the drones to your demanded orders, sending one up the elevator shaft to head to the destination floor: the  main halls which connect the most critical parts of the ship related to Bridge function, where it begins to cut through a maintenance panel with its monofilament blade.
Your systems estimate that when the elevator is half way up [15~ seconds from entry to the main floor] it will have a view of the battlefield, providing data for the Wallhack function to activate.

Quote from: Coolrune206's Langauge dechyper
6+2(Structual Engineering)

The buttons themselves hold fast to a base ten decimal system, similar to the Yaerians, and simply contacting a xenolinguistics expert offsite on fleet comm network, It was simple enough to actually decipher all the buttons and their purpose.

This elevator is an equipment elevator designed to load ammunition from the cargo bays to any deck mounted guns before the battle. It will stop once at a gun deck before the intended location, and with your expertise, you can presumably rewire the control panel to skill the destination if you so choose.
((damn you and your surprise discoveries, post your character sheet again, update it with "Xenolinguistics Adept(Unitarian) in your equipment.))

Quote from: Crazyabes looting spree & Hack roll
4 & 2+1
The box on wheels missed some perfectly good half disassembled weapons on a shelf, no use letting that go to waste, shoving that int eh various pockets you have, and  magnetically attaching the barrel to your thigh, you promptly move to the elevator.
((Add 3 half disassembled Gyrojet guns to equipment.))
 Arriving at the elevator, probably ten seconds late then Vision I, you find a port and idly jack yourself in, but iether the code is different from the Unitarian standard or the port is in a stunted position, you cant really make heads or tails of it, but it is interesting, so you make a copy of the software and attach it to your suits "mainframe".
((Add Anom. Loading Elevator Software to Equipment.))

Quote from: Beirus gun salvage roll
5+1
It's obvious that this gun is used to kill Yaerian Soldiers, instead of Unitarian Forces.
Instead of the heavy hammerhead bolts that could take down an [elephant], it has two barrels that fire thumb sized "needles", in rapid succession.

A machinegun instead of a rifle, It seems they are already learning from the equipment they have found.

Learning the mechanics of loading it was simple, as was defeating the locking mechanism inherent to the rifle.

Working with your hands relieves some of the mounting pressure from the psionic effort you pushed, as you mentally activate the nourishment reserves to feed you some more to make up for expended energy.
(Remove Psionic Exaustion and put in Psionic Stress)

Thunderbolt, not bothering with looting a stripped down armory, walks to the elevator and slides in just as its heat sinks report greenlit status.
It is no longer heated to a significant degree.
((Remove Overheating from status effects.))

The elevator starts churning up, and the squad is notified of the fact that they can choose to bypass stop on the weapon deck briefly, however, time is of the essence and the more they delay, the higher risk.

High command reports that engine team has taken casualties, and they will likely fail their mission in destroying the ship's sub-light engines.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:14:54 pm by Blood_Librarian »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2017, 09:08:25 pm »

Wait for Elevator Software to download, Whistle a bit... Basically wait for something important to happen.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11