Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: (Open) Insanity II - Anything (Still) Goes - Chapter 1: New Neighbors  (Read 25153 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: (Open) Insanity II - Anything (Still) Goes - Chapter 1: New Neighbors
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2017, 05:36:29 am »

Frank walks over to the bastard, taps him on the shoulder, and unloads a few shells into his face.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
Insanity II - C1E12 - An Uninspired But Acceptable Episode
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2017, 11:58:00 am »

I notice lately that I roll for just about everything. Because of this, I've decided to roll for essentially every tiny thing this one turn. Enjoy the fire.

Generate Title: 1d10 = 5

The GM generates a rather uninspired, but acceptable title for the turn update.

Speak: 1d10 = 9

The GM begins writing an excellent post, filled to the brim with detail. As he weaves a world together, our well-known characters begin heading through their lively world.

XX121

Snatch Navi out of the air.
Snatch: 1d10 = 10

Oh, you snatch something, all right.

Snatch Appropriate Target: 1d10 = 4

You just narrowly miss Na'vi, however, and instead grip directly onto one of the shack's support beams behind Na'vi. The building creaks as the force of your grip turns the wooden beam into a handful of sawdust.
Manworm:

Walk up to the taxi driver, eat him, then take his taxi.
Walk: 1d10 = 5

You're walking.

...well what did you expect? You rolled a 5, that's as average as they come.

Walk to Appropriate Target: 1d10 = 6

You walk to the taxi.

Eat Taxi Driver: 1d10 = 8

You engulf the taxi driver whole, leaving nothing but the keys he kept in the ignition behind.

Steal: 1d10 = 4

You just barely steal something, leaving it a little scuffed in the process.

Steal Appropriate Target: 1d10 = 7

It's at least the right taxi, though.
((Damn. Missed my last turn.))

"Walls are a construct. Constructs can be burnt down."

Whip out my revolver all action-movie like, fire at one them while holding any who try to come closer off with my chain-whip.

Pull Out Revolver: 1d10 = 1

You instead chuck your revolver halfway across the street, and what's worse, in the direction of those nasty ne'erdowells you set out to destroy.

GM: Interpret Command: 1d10 = 8

The GM seems to understand what you mean.

Fire Revolver: 1d10 = 8

The revolver fires anyways, blinding one of the young men.

Block With Chain Whip: 1d10 = 4

It's not a very good defense, but for now, it'll do.

Nasty Young Men: Attack: 1d10 = 5

They barely scratch your cheek, still reeling from the recent gunfire.
Zefer and Morpheus
Look for some Mooks to build an Army with. Like Morpheus said whats an Armory without an Army to share it with or whatever he stated. 
GM: Interpret Command: 1d10 = 4

...the GM is rather confused by what "mooks" are. No matter.

Build Army: 1d10 = 10

Upon summoning your army, only one man shows up.

"You summoned my presence, sire?"

In front of you stands Poseidon, God of the Seas, holding his trident, ready to attack at any foe you wish to be properly smited.
Roger double checks that this is the street his house was on before.
Then, whether or not that is the case, he looks for the densest cluster of people to introduce himself to and jogs over.
Examine House Area: 1d10 = 9

Well, it surely is. Most likely.

...I mean, your house hasn't moved since yesterday. Right?

GM: Maintain Façade: 1d10 = 3

OK, fine, I moved your house last week. I didn't really mean to! I was just doing some worldbuilding and accidentally... displaced your house by about a few hundred kilometers.

GM: Maintain Façade: 1d10 = 3

All right, fine. Your house didn't fit the theme and I couldn't find one for you that did so I got angry and tossed it as far away as I could. Happy now?

Find People: 1d10 = 1

You find nobody. At all.

In fact, you seem to be stuck in a white void.

...what is this place?
Frank walks over to the bastard, taps him on the shoulder, and unloads a few shells into his face.
Walk: 1d10 = 3

You half-stumble your way into the window of the shack, as broken glass clinks on the floor.

There's no way you can tap Tsem on the shoulder from here.

...or can you?

Tap: 1d10 = 3

Yeah, no way. You'd probably end up scraping your arm on the glass in the process.

Shoot: 1d10 = 6

You unload a good couple of shells out into...

Shoot Appropriate Target: 1d10 = 9

Tsem! The sword flies across the shack, smashing into the failed flight suit.

Charles: Don't Get Shot: 1d10 = 9

Luckily, Charles isn't dead, although trying to play engineer again would probably kill him.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:19:34 pm by Tymewalk »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2017, 12:16:52 pm »

T̕his͡ ̡en̡ds herę.̴

Bend the space around Frank until I've ripped him apart. If that doesn't work, unload one of the eldritch horrors in my pocket dimension in his general direction (with orders not to hurt Charles).

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2017, 12:27:42 pm »

"Come on, already! Just stand still so I can peel off your faces, quit acting like rebellious teenage- oh, wait..."

Draw my kryss, lash at the closest youth and stab any that get too close.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2017, 12:33:48 pm »

XX121

Escape house before it starts to fall apart.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2017, 12:47:03 pm »

Frank draws upon his own connections with Eldritch horrors, calling forth the Ancient Horror "Kevin" from the last game, to protect him. He also doesn't stop firing his shotgun.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2017, 01:17:59 pm »

Zefer
Send Morpheus and Posideon out to find more people to recruit into the army, handing them my phone number in case I am needed. Take the van and find a good place for a Base
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2017, 04:55:28 pm »

Manworm:

Go around offering taxi rides for free to strangers, drop em off, then eat them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2017, 05:03:43 pm »

Roger tries to find something in the void. Anything. Like something to stand on.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2017, 05:46:55 pm »

Try to find out who this assailant is and why he is attacking. Also dodge any attacks.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2017, 06:01:49 pm »

With that introduction, Marlena runs off to perhaps find some adventure in this world.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
Insanity II - C1E13 - Super Awesome Fight Scenes
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2017, 08:36:54 pm »

"Come on, already! Just stand still so I can peel off your faces, quit acting like rebellious teenage- oh, wait..."

Draw my kryss, lash at the closest youth and stab any that get too close.

Stab: 1d10 = 5

You stab your kryss into a hooded graffiti artist, the blood completing his masterpiece.

The hoodlums begin backing off.
XX121

Escape house before it starts to fall apart.
Escape: 1d10 = 5

You manage to barely escape the creaking shack. But hey, you're out alive, so...
T̕his͡ ̡en̡ds herę.̴

Bend the space around Frank until I've ripped him apart. If that doesn't work, unload one of the eldritch horrors in my pocket dimension in his general direction (with orders not to hurt Charles).
Frank draws upon his own connections with Eldritch horrors, calling forth the Ancient Horror "Kevin" from the last game, to protect him. He also doesn't stop firing his shotgun.
BATTLE!

Tsem: Bend Space: 1d10 = 8
Frank: Block: 1d10 = 9

The space creaks and bends, sending you both into a small pocket dimension. Charles has also been teleported, for some reason. I think Tsem's your wielder now? Ah, whatever, we'll probably find out in the season finale.

Charles: Not Die: 1d10 = 9

Charles, who is having an unusually good string of luck, succeeds at not dying because of this.

Frank: Harness Power: 1d10 = 8
Tsem: Defend: 1d10 = 2

Tsem is hit by the blast of power Frank uses, sending him careening throughout space.

He hits the wall, of course, because this space is very tiny.

Tsem: Summon Eldritch: 1d10 = 6
Frank: Defend: 1d10 = 5

Tsem works up enough energy to summon a rather above-average Eldritch from the deep black depths of this space, and sends it out at Frank.

Frank narrowly dodges, scratching his cheek in the process.

Frank: Fire Mist-Maker: 1d10 = 7
Tsem: Defend: 1d10 = 9

Frank's Mist-Maker doesn't seem to be doing too much, either.
Zefer
Send Morpheus and Posideon out to find more people to recruit into the army, handing them my phone number in case I am needed. Take the van and find a good place for a Base
"At your command, sire."
Find Base Place: 1d10 = 8

You find a rather nice government base, hidden in an IHOP.

Guess those pancakes were government hoverboards after all.
Manworm:

Go around offering taxi rides for free to strangers, drop em off, then eat them.
Find Strangers: 1d10 = 6

Looks like some people want a ride.

People: Go Somewhere Reasonable: 1d10 = 1

They go all the way out to the edge of the universe, where the laws of physics begin breaking down! Freaking great, as if this taxi didn't have enough light-years already.

Eat People: 1d10 = 7

Ah well, they made a tasty snack anyways.

...so how are you gonna get home?
Roger tries to find something in the void. Anything. Like something to stand on.
Find Something: 1d10 = 5

You find a small platform.

A tiny button is on the bottom of the platform.
Try to find out who this assailant is and why he is attacking. Also dodge any attacks.
Find Out Attacker's Name: 1d10 = 7

Oh, he's Frank, and is that a Mist-Maker 3000? No home defense gear kit is complete without one!

Ah, the good old days, when you would try out the demos at WeaponCon™. Making instant chicken smoothies was fun.

Not Die Again: 1d10 = 5

You also succeed in not dying, which is nice.
With that introduction, Marlena runs off to perhaps find some adventure in this world.
Run: 1d10 = 6

Run, Marlena, run! You run off, finding...

Search: 1d10 = 10

...a large bay. Next to you, a sign stands, with only the number "12" written on it.

To the left are the forts of varied civilizations, working hard at staying alive. To the right, a communal gathering to speak, where citizens may share their ideas.

And straight ahead are many varied adventures, perfect for anyone looking for fun, honor, glory, friendship, relaxation, or anything in-between.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2017, 08:39:19 pm »

Attempt to get some Hulk smash powers and use them to rek this "Frank" human- I mean, person.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2017, 08:41:55 pm »

"Hey, whoa, you damn whippersnapper! Who the hell are you fighting for? Stand back and watch a real man fight like they did in the good old days!

By that, I mean by forcing an underappreciated individual of a different culture to do it for you!"

Frank, seeing that this is some kind of summoning battle, decides to fully call forth Kevin from the unspoken reaches of space, and draws upon Eldritch powers to boost his physical resistance.

He continues shooting. He really doesn't know how he still has this much ammo, considering he used a shitton getting back to Earth.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2017, 08:50:32 pm »

Figure out what the Mark of Ingenuity does, then take those 2 non-translation spell books with me and find the nearest neighbor of mine.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14