Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23379 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »

Well, weighing the two choices, one is more likely to leave us dead before we reach there, and since We didn’t plan for a long way around, option, we don’t have extra food supplies to stretch. So, unless someone can make a stag grow out of their backside, and that is not a request, it looks like we are running the gauntlet. (1)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2018, 07:56:28 pm »

Well, weighing the two choices, one is more likely to leave us dead before we reach there, and since We didn’t plan for a long way around, option, we don’t have extra food supplies to stretch. So, unless someone can make a stag grow out of their backside, and that is not a request, it looks like we are running the gauntlet. (1)

Roll 6 (avoided fighting)

"I don't fancy being out in this cold any longer then we have to be, the glaciers sounds like a long strech.
and we don't have all that much food, unless you can magic up a stag, No that is not a request.
We go thru the caves, run the gauntlet." you finger your sword as you give the order.

It's noon, well as near as this never setting sun gets to noon, when you way is blocked by a split in the ice sheet, a
wide crevasse that runs deep down into darkness.
It's far too wide for you to throw your grapple across and it runs for as far as your eye can see in both ways.

"Well that buggers us haveing a short journey then." Ilerie sighs.

"No, il hold my pack and pass me the rope, i'll cross it." Iewaelle sound confident
"What how?" she asks.
"An ace from my sleeve, you just watch." Iewaelle grins

Iewaelle grins takes several steps back, she rolls her neck, cracks her knuckles and then she runs towards the crevasse an jumps, she hangs in the air for a long moment above the black void.
Then she starts to rise, pushed along by an unseen hand.
She lands with a thud and digs the grapple in to the ice.
You cross the rope to find Iewaelle grins in the snow and drenched in sweat while she gasps for breath.

"What else are you hideing?"  asks Iewaelle grins as she helps her up.
"Now i can't give you all my secrets, can i?..." the sly smile of hidden secrets crosses her face.

It must be days later when you finally see the first signs of people, the bare bones of a dog, with cut marks.

The ice changes,it rises and cracks in to jagged serac's, columns of ice rise above you.
You see no more signs of people until they want you to.

As you round a tight bends, they stand before, a dozen of infamous Ice Maidens.
The maidens are pale with hair white as snow, all are tall and broad.
Dressed in scales of ivory and holding caved ivory maces, there leader smiles at you, her teeth shaped fangs and eye hungry like a wolf.

These a shout from Iewaelle, no words but flames.
The roaring blast scorches your shoulder and scatters the maidens in panic.

"Why did you do that? attack them like that.
Now there after our head!" Æstrid shout at Iewaelle, shakeing the Sorceress by her shoulders.

"To buy us time! We need to run now! Get out of this maize before We're EATEN in it!" she shouts back at her.
As you start to hear whistles the distance.
But then your journey is quiet, too quiet there hiding from you, there eyes are always some where in the distance, watching waiting.

It start small like a tree but slowly it rises, the great crystal mountain, a jagged blue spike that stabs in to the sky.
A great twisting ring of battlement has been cut in to the ice makeing, it glint in the endless sun.
You can see ragged banners and tiny men on the distant battlements.

"Brilliant, now how in the seven hell's  do we get in that?
It'd take an army to storm  it?" Æstrid asks as Iewaelle gins

"You have a plan don't you? well what is?" you ask Iewaelle.
The Sorceress  grins "I can call them, the army the dead but i want something." she taps her shoulder and skeletal spider twitch.
"I want to keep this in return, do we have a deal?"

Agree  to the deal?
Any other plan ideas?

(Note that Iewaelle's spell list has partial been added, that not all she can do and it open to creative uses)

Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Our leading man? (click to show/hide)
Companions
Spoiler: Ilerie (sister) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Iewaelle the Sorceress (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  and here Iewaelle (click to show/hide)

[/quote]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2018, 08:22:02 pm »

Armor for an army? And when we need it most? I am skeptical, but, If she can, making them all look like Ice Maidens will create enough shock and awe that we might have a chance to seriously catch them off guard.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2018, 09:20:37 am »

Armor for an army? And when we need it most? I am skeptical, but, If she can, making them all look like Ice Maidens will create enough shock and awe that we might have a chance to seriously catch them off guard.

Dice rolls
spells
raise dead 6x6, 23
Assume illusionary appearance 3

Attack 4
-------
"Some armour for an army, on the day we need an army.
Take the armour, it's your now, if this army comes.

One other thing, You could make them look like Ice Maidens right? i've seen you do that trick before."

"All ready i must work with the dangerous and terrible spells
And now you want me to do for an army what i've only do for my self, i'll try."

Iewaelle walks a few steps away from you and lays out an arrangement of odditys, a human skull, rubies, dice and a dagger.

You hear her start to chant once again, in that twisted black tongue that burns your ears and echoes in your mind in revulsion at the sounds of it.

"It's it done, now do you hear it? the pound of the thunder from the stars.
Now my dead men walk once more.

It should of been dark when Iewaelle's army arrives, but but there only endless cold sun in this land.
Pale men stagger wordlessly, withered legs driveing them on, under a ragged raven banner.
There dead men that walk once more, there war gear covered in an age of rust and decay.
Each ones eyes burn with a corrupted thirst for blood and vengeance.

The leaders cracked lips open "Sorceress, We a wait your command." the long dead man knees in fealty.
"Ayioness the Corpsemaker!  it's good to see you walk once more, ignore the stars changeing, Our plan remains the same, we must storm crystal mountain again."

The great crystal mountain's battlements are higher then ay you have seen before and crewed by two dozen soldiers.
But the attackers are dead men, they know not fear of death, for what is death to one that has returned?
The sling bullets and arrow of the defenders are numerous and against  any liveing force they would be, but a corpse army marches on as if there rain.

At the base of the wall you shoot back with arrow, crossbow bolts and flashing arcs of lighting at the battlements.
Slowly the dead climb and on to the battlements, out numbered five to one there relentless, dry throats laugh in enjoy at there own bloody slaughter. 

A rope hangs from the battlement, time to enter the crystal mountain.

(A little to short but i'm away this weekend and don't want to leave it to long)
Companions

[/quote]

[/quote]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2018, 01:55:34 pm »

Well, we attack. With all the fury we can can muster.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2018, 06:56:24 pm »

Well, we attack. With all the fury we can can muster.

---------
You climb the rope and find the small patch battlement piled with there dead, and the heavy iron studded door bared shut.

"They have barred the door Oh sorceress!" the once dead man called Ayioness voice rattles out.
"Get ready, we go thru the walls!
Once more my friends, once more in to the breach!" Iewaelle shouts before she hurls a blast of sorceress energy with both hands at the wall.

Shards of jagged ice fly from wall as a hole cracks open.

Iewaelle floats in to the breach with the flowing feather cloak behind her, she lands thunder flashing from her eyes and a sword in hand.
The dead wait for no one, and throw them selves after her, you just follow the path of blood and the clashing of steel.

The hallway is tight, you can see the once dead warriors pressed up tight against there foes, your foes.

Black robes and heads shaved smooth are the order of the day with them, and red triangles everywhere, on weapons, on armour and tattoos.

You step over a handfuls of their dieing men as you go down the ice hallway.
At the end of the hallway, you find a large open round chamber, a staircase of ice spirals slowly down in to the floor far bellow.
Two other staircases start there on the floor and head back up to hallways of there own.

Before you can pick a course, more of the cultist spill out down the staircases. 
As the once dead men rush in battle, eager to send other back in there place, you find your self heading down aside passageway in the ice.

It twists and turns but soon the path is blocked by a dozen armored spear men, up to the left hand side is a cleft in ice that makes a walk way.
Archers start to fire down at you from the walkway.

"We have to clear them, I can't use my axe to brake there line other wise." Æstrid shouts, huddled behind her shield as arrows thud into the wood.
You fire an arrow and three whistle back at you.
"Æstrid right bother, we can't attack if we just get an arrow in the side" Ilerie shelters behind triangular shield, taken from one of fallen culitist.   

As you nock another arrow, Iewaelle rolls sideways an leaps at the wall, the bronze spider legs moves as talons dig in to the ice, carrying her up wards.

The archers hear the shouts of warning from the men below, an they are drawn and ready when Iewaelle reaches the walk way.

You see there arrows burn to ash in the air, as Iewaelle rushes forwards to make a clumsily wide slash at the lead archer.
It doesn't mater that the man prays her blade as a spider legs kicks out, stabbing again and gain at he's open face.

With the six bronze legs fighting any one that comes in reach, the armour makes short work of the archers and the brass skulls drink much blood.

You see Æstrid kiss the boar around her neck before she charges forwards.
Her charge is not of that a mortal woman but of monster, a relentless boar of steel and death.
She roars like animal, her axe splitting open helm an shield alike as she deals death with every blow.
With sword in hand you follow her, slashing the first mans hand from his wrist before running your sword thru the secound's chest.
The blade sticks fast to bone, so you drop the sword and take the battle axe for your belt.

Beside you Ilerie swings her war flail in figure of eight, smashing blade and spear aside, before the clawed gauntlet strikes home.

As the men flee, Iewaelle drops down from the ledge, and you follow the men down the path.
The few short hallways lead only to empty battlements, space for them to scatter and hide in but nothing more.
And so you soon find your self back in the grand chamber.

The cultists are scattered and dieing but so is the dead army, there scattered with few of them to be seen.
As you pick paths, you hear a a young girl scream to the right and chanting starts echo from the left.

A) Right
B) Left
Companions

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2018, 09:13:15 pm »

This is frustrating, but we do not have a single moment to delay. our sister and ourselves souls go right with an eight of the forces.

Our wife and Iewaelle should go Left with the rest.

Before we split it would be good to remind Iewaelle that our full co-operation with her does rely on our wife’s condition. We can not worry about the world if our world is dieing.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2018, 07:21:46 am »

This is frustrating, but we do not have a single moment to delay. our sister and ourselves souls go right with an eight of the forces.

Before we split it would be good to remind Iewaelle that our full co-operation with her does rely on our wife’s condition. We can not worry about the world if our world is dieing.
1+
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:23:20 am by Basil ii »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2018, 07:42:36 pm »

1+

"Æstrid  Iewaelle, you two take the left, Ilerie your with me.
There's not a single moment to delay.
An Iewaelle you look after her, my little rose is the world to me."
"Oh honey your so sweet--AHH!--" a pain filled scream cuts off Æstrid.

And you waste no time in kicking down the door.
The corridor is dark and cold like the others, after a few twists you reach an open chamber.

A mix of blacked chains and shackles hang from roof and walls, as a score of strange machines fill the space, there thing with names you don't know but the blood and torn skin on them lets you know there use.
"This is some foul torture chamber, bother but where are men? Come out and you'll die quicky scum" Ilerie shouts
But her offer goes unanswered.

You pass in to a second chamber, the screaming louder now.
In the chamber the walls are lined with giant glass bottles, things float them, the unclothed body's of men and women and things that are only half formed.

At the center a trio of robed cultist are gathered around a table, a body is shackled to it.

Ilerie wastes no time in venting her anger on the cultists, an blows from her war flail hammer down on them.

Your battle axe smashes the chains free, and you pull the bag off the young girls head, a single terrified stares at you.
Neither of your are really sure what to do, you cant go takeing her in a battle with you but you can't leave her here.
So your relieved when one of the once dead warriors picks her up in to her arms.
"It's all right now, you come along with old Crauverra..." the corpse warriors rattly voice soothes her.

With the girl as safe as she can be right now you head on down the twisting corridor.

The air grows warmer as a fog clouds the path.
One moment Ilerie is beside you, the next she not.
You blink and then Ilerie lies on a leather couch as a trio muscular men surround her, one fans her as another trys to undress her.
"Just a little rest what do you say?"
you shake your head and blink trying to clear your mind.
When you open them again some how Æstrid is a the foot of the couch, her bare body glistening but with her helmet still on.
"Come on Peter, join us." a blonde woman pushes her chest in to your arm.

"Ilerie Snap out of it!" you reach forewords and slap her trying to brake the bewitchment.

"Oh you like that master, play rough with me sir." the women giggle, now wearing tight leather and slave collars.
A raven haired woman knelt down in front of you offer up a whip.

You run her thru an she vanishes, you cut down the others watching them disappear in to the fog.
But the "Æstrid" remains.
"Lets look at one who would steal the face of my beloved." you pull the helmet from her.
She's a red head like the real Æstrid, but hair less with ugly red raw skin, it's eyes set in a triangle.

Form out of the fog comes the real Ilerie, blood drips from the gauntlet claws.
"That's you bother?" she asks
"It's me alright, come on lets get out of this mind twisting fog.

Soon the path joins with another and you enter an even larger chamber.
Æstrid and Iewaelle stand at the front of a bridge, below it on each side are sharp icicles.
but you see what blocks there way, the iron woman with mace in her hands.
While behind her is a dozen guards, and one narrow path for you to take.

Companions

[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:18:58 pm by Funk »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2018, 07:53:18 pm »

Hah. We have them surrounded with the advantage of range and spacing. Give them a chance to surrender and live, and, if the refuse, start firing on them with our bow and arrows. It may not get a good hit on her, but, with enough arrows, we will get lucky and take out an eye or arm.

((Welcome back, by the way. How are you?))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2018, 08:42:50 pm »

((Welcome back, by the way. How are you?))
I'm good, i've just had a bit of writers block for the past week and a busy one before that.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2018, 03:40:56 pm »

((I understand the feeling all too well. I am tryin to do far to much at once now-a-days.))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2018, 09:00:21 pm »

Hah. We have them surrounded with the advantage of range and spacing.
Give them a chance to surrender and live, and, if the refuse, 5
 start firing on them with our bow and arrows. 6
 It may not get a good hit on her, but, with enough arrows, we will get lucky and take out an eye or arm. 4

"You have no where to go! Surrender! Throw down your arms and live." You shout across the chamber.
"Narrakar!" the iron woman replays, swinging her flanged mace definitely.
But you see many of them waver, a few slide out the door.
You wait from a moment before loseing the first arrow at them.
With the distance and large shields to protect them, only a few are wounded by arrows.
But you have more then just arrows on your side, Iewaelle lets lose with the forces of magic.

A ball of flame engulf woman and leave ash an blackened bones.
Her lighting flashes, spiting the ice above them, sending a hail of razor shards flying down among them.

Under such a sorceress assault, the guards are defenseless and scatter.

But the path remains blocked, the iron woman still stands in your way statute like.

"Can't you just bast her with magic? " You ask Iewaelle
"No, not that thing."
As if to illustrate she a ball of flames at her, only a wisp of smoke reaches the woman's armour.

"Ok smart ass what the hell if she? how do we get her out of the way.

"I'm not sure what she is, a monster of a time long forgotten.
Some say it's the liveing master work of a really ugly black smith.
Others a cursed princess from ancient kingdom.
An i say that's shes real, that we can't beat her with blades, we can't bury her with rock or drown her in soldiers like the others."

"So what do we do? " you ask as Æstrid fires another crossbowbolt that bounces off.
"You tell me?" Iewaelle sounds panicked as a bell starts the ring.
"Quick there starting! we have to hurry!"

1) Rush her with the undead in front
2) Try to climb around the outside of the tower?
3) Other?

Companions

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2018, 08:11:00 am »

We don’t. Rather, the only thing that makes sense is the surround the woman with the undead troops and find a way to move past her. The good news is that this is a tower, so, we can try to build a rickety later long enough to reach a hole in the tower (that we will make moments before), or we can make a hole in the floor and do the same thing.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2018, 04:44:43 pm »

"No, you lot build a ladder." you shout at the undead.
"Iewaelle then you blast us a hole in the ceiling, we move up past her."

The bell keeps on ringing as a crude ladder is made from spears and left over weapons.
There's a flash of lighting from Iewaelle's fist and a shower of ice and snow meets you.
As your sister starts to climb up, the iron woman charges forwards.
Shes swapped by the once dead warriors, held at bay the weight of numbers.
After Ilerie throws down the rope your next up the rickety ladder and in to a small dressing room.
The room is bare apart from the few piles of robes.

You are soon joined by the others after Æstrid struggles to fit her axe thru the hole and finally discards.

The door leads you in to a hallway, with a down staircase and a up staircase, you choose the upper one, as the ringing bell echos from it.
It leads you to the outside, the top of the tower.

On the flat circle disc of stone, you see them, men, women children and animals bound to blood stained alters.
A above robed cultists wait with twisted sacrificial daggers in hand.

In center stands there leader, a three eyed man in the most impressive robes of all, he's winged by a dozen guards.

Just below him is some thing you know too well, the fabled armour of Ostgre layed out on a bed of human gore.

And above it all the sky above is filled with stars and the moon slowly moves in to place

"Look bothers, the offering key comes to us willingly! Surrender to your place and one of you will be spared."
He points to a stone slab beside the armour.

Your next move is to..
(you still have the Plain pottery jar with something in it.)

Companions
[/quote]

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15