Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23436 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2018, 05:50:02 pm »

I guess we should talk to him. We dont have much to go on, though, we do know that, if he does not mention a child in his story, then he is lieing. No need to call him put on it, though. Maybe if he tells the truth, thank him. . . . otherwise just leave after we get what we want. Go north. See our sister.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2018, 11:18:29 pm »

I guess we should talk to him. We dont have much to go on, though, we do know that, if he does not mention a child in his story, then he is lieing. No need to call him put on it, though. Maybe if he tells the truth, thank him. . . . otherwise just leave after we get what we want. Go north. See our sister.
5 truth full
You soon arrive back in the Royal Justicar chambers, after a short wait you get to see him.
"Ah Peter wasn't? it good to see you again especially in give your success.”he smiles
Here i promised you a reward
He pulls out a large dusty tome, " this is a list of the old kings army, every single payment  he ever made from every gentral to the lowest water carrier is in here.
Ah here we are, Ysmene hired on by Frideric as a sellsword, transferred to calvary six months later.
Granted honors after the battle of osric.
There a few more entries on the pay rolls but she leaves the rolls short while after the war ends.”
he closes book and turns to you.
“Now what i'm going to tell you now isn't in here,but when she left the army she was with child, 3 months later and a girl called Ilerie was left in a basket by the temple.
That night was the last time anyone saw her.”
-he puts his hand on your shoulder and looks you in the eye”
“Mr Hudsley you have a sister.
Now i don't know where she is now but she out there somewhere.”
You thank him for his time and head back to the traven to pack.

The journey northwards after Ilerie leads you into the lands of Sabines.
It’s clearly a turbulent and warlike land, it seems that every hillside is home a small fort timber and earth.
So you reach the hall of Vicixtillus, and in side is your sister
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2018, 12:08:58 am »

Well, I think we should be the ones to break the ice. Let her know what we now know of our mother, and spend some time with her sister in law. After all the pleasentries are done, and give it a day or two to fully be done, we should offer our services. Family as we probably are, staying somewhere for free isn't something we have dome since the game started. Doubt we should do it now.

((P.s. how are you doing?))
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2018, 11:39:52 pm »

Well, I think we should be the ones to break the ice. Let her know what we now know of our mother, and spend some time with her sister in law. After all the pleasentries are done, and give it a day or two to fully be done, we should offer our services. Family as we probably are, staying somewhere for free isn't something we have dome since the game started. Doubt we should do it now.

((P.s. how are you doing?))
Im fine thanks for asking, just put some cherry mead on see what next year does to it.

Inside the hall a meal is under way and lord Vicixtillus wellcoms you join them.
And so you sit down next to your sister.

"I see that you've come bother.” Ilerie smiles at you.
"Yes, well introductions first, Ilerie my wife Æstrid the red, Æstrid my sister Ilerie.”
"uh well, i'd best say how sorry i am about all that trying to kill you both, and i think we should all just forget about it?" Ilerie offers her hand in friendship and you both take it.

"No hard feeling, your my sister in law, now i bet you want to know how we met.."
The next few days pass as you tell your tale to your hosts and spend some time with Ilerie getting to know her a little better.
With the pleasantries are done you decide to offer your services
"Help well.. this isn't mine in fact i have nothing to my name.
But that's going to change, you see that why i'm here, i've bought some land from Vicixtillus.
It's not far from here, a place i want to build a new hall at.
Your kin, help me build it, a place for us to call home, a thing for the family." Ilerie starts to put her idea for some kind of fortified hall.

"Do you say build? i'm not much for building stuff, Ilerie" Æstrid mutters.
"Don't worry, i've hired some other workers and Vicixtillus was talking about a cattle raid earlier.."

1)Cattle raid
2)Build fortified hall

(Too do sheet thing)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2018, 09:27:38 am »

Sorry, I have been quite busy.
We should do the Cattle raid, and ask our sister to handle the fort.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2018, 12:42:55 pm »

(This up date had far too much research, Ever hear Horslips The Tain? of Hadrian's Timber Wall?
or that stonehenge might of been a building? )

“A cattle raid?
That's a good idea, let’s get some beef in to celebrate...”
As Vicixtillus spreads word for men to gather for the raid, your sister get on with the fort.
Ilerie’s idea of fort is simple and fast, she picks a rocky bluff of white chalk overlooking a twisting river, gives the site both natural defences and a water source.

Work on the fort is rapid as crude timber boxes filled with earth from a frontal form the walls that are topped by a wooden palisade.

As the work goes on, you find Æstrid being oddly distant, spending alot of time alone in the nearby woods.

In the days before the raidmen gather, men dressed for war, there necks are ringed with gold torques and arms with silver.
But so enough the night comes and you set off into the darkness, seven riders bent of theft and plunder.
You soon reach the lands and wonder how best to steal the cattle.

A) Take them from the fields in daylight
B) Steal them from the barn, you'll have to somehow get them past the stockade.
C) Wait until there moving androb the herders.

Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Our leading man? (click to show/hide)
Companions

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:56:18 am by Funk »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2018, 02:42:46 pm »

Well, I cant think much, so lets Attack at sundown, and raid their cattle, while they are winding down.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2018, 01:33:10 pm »

just to let you know that i've finally got a working pc of my own so i don't have share.
The up date is still come, i know it's late. 

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2018, 08:50:35 pm »

No probs. I’m patient.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2018, 12:15:50 am »

Well, I cant think much, so lets Attack at sundown, and raid their cattle, while they are winding down.

You wait out of view in some shrubs while farm life goes around you, the cattle goes up to
graze on the hill tops and farmers go down to work the land.
The midday sun comes and slowly it sets and night falls.

Fearghas mutters to you as you sit the bush beside him.
“I hate cattle wars, it’s the randomness of  fate.
You’re good with that blade of yours, against most men in give you the flip of the coin.
But cattle wars are how the gods settle there scores, decide the fate of man -click- like that.”
Here one moment , dead the next.”and as the sun falls below the horizon, you move closer to the walls.

With a thunk Æstrid's axe bites in the wood of the stockade and she pulls you up to the top of the walls.

As Horas open the cattle pen, theirs a shout from the hut nearest, and she emerges. a youth of a woman, nude and pale skinned, her body milky white and tattooed blue in moonlight, she shouts at you and smacks her bronze sword, the carp tongue blade, sparking on the iron shield.
For a moment you regret not having a spear to throw before she meets you blade drawn.

You duck under her first slash and return an thrust, she parry's late and your blade tears deep into her abdomen.
As you pull your blade free she stares at you, chalky white as her innards spill forth on to rampart.
The rest of the farms fighting men and women are stunned by the loss of their champion.
And quickly the cattle are taken away.

With the cattle driven before you, it takes longer for you to ride back home to your sister stronghold, so long that you can clearly see the fighting men following you, always keeping out of bow shot but there coming after you.

As you drive the cattle into the gate of your sisters stronghold, a roasting pot is ready and prize bulls is set on the flames.
After a belly full of  fine drink, you alone carve the Champion's Portion,
As you bite into the finest cut of meat, a ragged war-horn blows in distance.
You turn and see a lone rider on the distant hillside.
The is a single lone rider, the challenger, come to the cast the spear of war  at you.
He fly a red banner of X and but his boots end in horses hoofs, Askuzai.
You ponder what choices are, now that you are at war with the horse lords.

1: Wait , surely the horse lords need to graze there horses and rest.
2: Attack, now is the moment to strike
3: Call on allies, your sister is own protection by her lord.
4: Your wife can call on the powers of the Svinfylking warriors down on her foes  but there is cost to pay, one of sweat and stone.
5: Other, got a clever trick post it here.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2018, 09:47:15 pm »

Option 3. Working together with the other tribes is a good way to bring them all under one banner.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2018, 08:54:42 am »

Option 3. Working together with the other tribes is a good way to bring them all under one banner.

“Ilerie! There not here as guests.
So who the hell are they?” Fearghas shouts from a top the wall as the symbolic spear is cast at the gates.
All thought of the feats is dropped as everyone rushes to the walls to see what's happening.

The rider horse prances as he shouts in foreign tongue and waves the red banner.

“There Askuzai, horse lords that’s the banner of Shyshel’s host.” Ilerie points.
“And you know this how?”Æstrid asks
“I had some horses that em “fell of a cart” six months back, she paid good money for them.”

“But why's she here? The last i heard all the Askuzai where down to the west of Aquilonia.” you point out.

“I don’t know but i don't plan on faceing them alone.
Fearghas!, Anndrais! You two are to ride to lord Vicixtillus stronghold as fast as you can.
Tell him what's happen here. If he says know remind him who’s idea it was.
The rest of you dress for war and fill your bellies you’ll not die hungry if anything to say about it.”

The rest on the day is tense and the night is spent in shifts keeping watch.
As the drawn rises you start to think of what you're going to do next.

Companions

[/quote]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2018, 09:14:06 am »

Well, we do have a lone challenger that came at us. Single combat makes for a good way to buy out time for the reinforcements to come. Archers on the wall just in case, but do not lift unless a clear sign of attack, after our fight is won.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2018, 10:43:18 am »

Well, we do have a lone challenger that came at us. Single combat makes for a good way to buy out time for the reinforcements to come. Archers on the wall just in case, but do not lift unless a clear sign of attack, after our fight is won.
(Been snowed in a little bit over here, as in it was dog walking weather.)

From the top of the wall you shout out a challenge.
"I am Peter, Slayer of the Sorceress Iewaelle! Master of the Cassiteride bowel ripper, he who has faced the Kjallak!
Come and fight me!"

The rider laughs at your challenge and makes insulting hand gestures at you.
"Your mother pleases swine!" Ilerie shouts
"Coward!, half man and chicken! --bauk bauk--" Æstrid jokes
The assembled crowd starts to insult the man in every way, his honor, parentage, gender and waistline are all reticulated.
despite the insults he rides off, but you feel that everyone's a bit more sure of there defenders.

The archers maning the walls night and day report that more Askuzai riders are arriving day by day.
It soon becomes clear that the Askuzai are planning to stave you out, the river is soon filled with dead animals and feces to poison it.

It's two days before you expect the reinforcements to come, when Ilerie wakes you with a task.

"While we have a few more days of water left, i don't have to risk running out.
We have to go outside the walls, upstream of the poison and fills these barrels with fresh water.
Brother get your bow and keep your eyes open, Æstrid center with your axe, Brian an Cormac you keep them back with spears."

Slowly you walk out of the gate, a wall of shields and spears that should keep you safe from attack.
As the party reaches the first bend of the river, you see smoke starts to rise from the nearby woods.
"No! not that!" you hear Æstrid shout.
You turn just in time to see the back of her fur cloak as she runs towards the smoke.
"Æstrid come back! there too close!" Ilerie shouts in warning as Æstrid reaches the tree line.

A: Stay with the party.
B: Run after Æstrid.

Companions

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:38:50 pm by Funk »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2018, 02:08:52 pm »

((I live in Florida. Snow is my Unicorn.))
Well, this isn’t good, but, we can’t let our wife go on her own. Not with the threat of the Askuzai around.  B. But we tell our sister to keep on with the group. We will catch up with her in an hour or two.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15