Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23423 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 06:04:01 pm »

We should follow. .  both. Lead a small troop of brave men to beat them back to the boats, and keep them distracted, while we clear the village, so that nobody else will fall into thrallship.

Sooo. . . . C2? It may be their home, but, if any get away, they will come back with greater numbers and for revenge. It is better for these people to live and find a new home, than die just to stay in their old one.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 06:08:31 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2017, 04:12:57 pm »

We should follow. .  both. Lead a small troop of brave men to beat them back to the boats, and keep them distracted, while we clear the village, so that nobody else will fall into thrallship.

Sooo. . . . C2? It may be their home, but, if any get away, they will come back with greater numbers and for revenge. It is better for these people to live and find a new home, than die just to stay in their old one.
Rolls 6 3 1

"We must clear the village, then we will beat them back to there boast and burn them so that nobody else will fall into thrallship."
as you speak a beaded man thrusts a wooden sheild at you.

After a few minutes, your with the village militia and formed up in square.
The men around you are all armed with short spears and sheilds, each one ready to reclaim the village.

Slowy you start to walk down the path in to the village.
--Thunk-- an arrow land in the shiled of frount man and every one moves in tighter.
Tighter and slower the formation moves to the village as you can see titans running with there plunder.

On reaching the first of the buildings, the back rank peels away to clear it.
None of the titans stand to fight you, but thay don't have.

By the time the town is cleared there is maybe 30 men left in the square.
Quicky you rush down the path towards beach and hopefully the boat of the titan raiders.

You reach the beach without any trouble and just in time.
It's a long flat tidel beach and sat waiting for the tide is the titans boat.
A long galley with a dozen oars aside.

The only problem is a dozen titians stand in the way, each dressed and armed for war with scale coats and two handed swords nearly long as there weiders are tall.

Behind them you can see another dozen loading the ship with stolen goods while men and woman in chains sit under watch.

Village militia 30
4 archers
26 spear men

Titan raiders 24
12 greatswordsmen
12 guarding the prisoners

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)
Compilations
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 08:19:14 am »

Our men might not be a military, but there is one thing they can do. Three groups of 9 people. The first group of 9 will attack the Swordsmen head on. Second group comes in to flank. Third group is supposed to keep the 12 Titans guarding the prisoners at bay if they decide to join the fight. Our archers job is to attack the sails. Put as many holes in it as possible. If they can use tar and flame to burn them, even better.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2017, 10:27:32 am »

The  Swordsmen titans are blocking the way to the ship so the ones guarding and loading the ship will likey back them up and not flank you.

I should point out that what is actually in the plain pottery jar of your mothers is up to you.
It can be filled with greek fire if you whant or a does of mithridatium to protect you from poison.
Really anything you can think of.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2017, 11:08:48 am »

It's ment to be more of a buffer than anything else. One row to attack the enemy, one row to flank the enemy, and the other to keep the flank from getting flanked or backing up the group we are focused on.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 03:16:54 pm »

Our men might not be a military, but there is one thing they can do. Three groups of 9 people. The first group of 9 will attack the Swordsmen head on. Second group comes in to flank. Third group is supposed to keep the 12 Titans guarding the prisoners at bay if they decide to join the fight. Our archers job is to attack the sails. Put as many holes in it as possible. If they can use tar and flame to burn them, even better.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

"Spread out! We have to get at there backs.
Archers! Set there sails aflame!
Ęstrid! first rank! Push them back in to the sea!
you lot with me!.
Tarquin hold the rear rank until there's breach.

Your spear-men spread out in to three groups of men.

You try to flank the titan's lines, moving around then and stepping in to the surf, but you quickly run out of firm footing as the beach slopes deeply in to the water.

Wet footed now you step back, having unable to flank them.

you can a few arrows making small tears and holes in the sails.
It's clear that there ship is still capable of sailing or being row away.

Your wading thru the bog like beach as Ęstrid advances.

Its a slow steady march, every man in lock step with there shield before them.
Then you see the titans brake in to a charge, swing there swords in great bloody arcs before them.
And then the sea turns red as one man loses an arm, another is spilt to from his crown to his wast.

Broken and torn before there foes blade Ęstrid's forces waver as many lie dead.
"Attack!!" Tarquin shout's has men run into the fray.
At sight of this your man try to run but are still slowed by the sea.

Both sides move in closer as the ranks brake down in to a brutal close in brawl to the death.
In the chaotic melee it's hard for you to make out anything but blood and screams.

You trip in the dark muddy waters and by the time you rise and get to the others both sides are fixed in battle lines.

You look around, there's ten titans now standing just before the boat, behind them on the boats gunwales is the rest of the war band and a few of prisoners.
The Village militia is in much worse shape with many dead or to injured to fight.

On the boat is the man must be the titans leader shouting for a halt to the fighting and a parley.

"You! The one with the sword! Yes you!. (he points at you)
You lead these men and you don't want to see them die?
Well i don't are to see mine dead aether.
So i will make you a deal, You can have the captives and we leave here unhindered.
Do not throw your men lives away my terms are good."

Well what do you say?

Spoiler: Current Forces (click to show/hide)

Compilations

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:30:16 pm by Funk »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 03:30:45 pm »

Take it. It's the best we will get out of this situation. It favors us none, at all, and it seems he doesn't like the odds either.
We have one question for the man, though. We need to find if he knows anything about the raid on our home.
((p.s. I ship  Ęstrid and ourselves.))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 10:48:00 pm »

Take it. It's the best we will get out of this situation. It favors us none, at all, and it seems he doesn't like the odds either.
We have one question for the man, though. We need to find if he knows anything about the raid on our home.
((p.s. I ship  Ęstrid and ourselves.))
Good then how are you going to flirt with her?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2017, 06:25:30 am »

((Like any good, self respecting person who has never flirted with a girl before. Clumsily and awkwardly praise her combat ability. She had the hardest job of us all and she held the line. Lost men, but held the line. And. . . Looked good doing it. . . ))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2017, 04:18:13 pm »

((Like any good, self respecting person who has never flirted with a girl before. Clumsily and awkwardly praise her combat ability. She had the hardest job of us all and she held the line. Lost men, but held the line. And. . . Looked good doing it. . . ))
Flirting rolls
3 maybe she just to tired to care.
6 but flattery works.

--------------

You look around at the men, there wary and shaken from the loses.
"You're right, this battle favours none of us.
Let them go free and you can go."

"Good."He waves to his men and thay let the prisoners go.
"Go back to the village and when men ask you tell them that you faced the war band of Kjallak and lived to tell."

"The names Peter Hudsley.
Before you go i must ask you, a week ago bandits came to my village, you would't know anything about that would you?"

"No.
We sailed down from shadow the Riphean Mountains, why would we risk fighting away from the sea?"
With strong men at the rowing benches the boat quickly pulls out in to the sea.

You sit on the beach and watch them go northward, while the villagers reunite the prisoners and tend to the wounded.

As Ęstrid washes the blood from her war gear you try and strike up some conversation.

"so.. Uh Ęstrid you where really good back there, yo..you took on two of them at once.. uh that must of been really hard but your like really good at fighting...an stuff.."

"I'm a Svinfylking warrior of course I'm good at fighting."
"I um just wanted to thank you."
"You didn't do to badly your self, i mean you did leaded the militia to clear the village.
"But you even looked good doing it."
"Really?"
"Yes you have lovely hair an such pretty eyes"
She smiles at you for a minute.

It's dawn before find yourself the village hall sat before the village elders.

"From all of us we thank you each of you for invaluable help last night.
Now as  we have come to a join decision and it is our wish that have X in thanks.

X is :
The Armour a fallen titan.
The weapon a fallen titan.
Some of the villages remaining gold.
A night with villages fairest maiden.
A fine horse.
An old relic of interest to you.
Nothing they clearly need what ever they have left more then you.
(Yes your companions will pick an item as well)

Companions

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2017, 04:49:00 pm »

Hmm. Either one of the titan items or an old relic look like they could be interesting. Not sure if that's what best for us but they do sound interesting.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2017, 05:07:59 pm »

I say we take the relic. We have a special sword, and armor will slow us down, though it will protect us more as well.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 11:08:12 pm »

Hmm. Either one of the titan items or an old relic look like they could be interesting. Not sure if that's what best for us but they do sound interesting.
I say we take the relic. We have a special sword, and armor will slow us down, though it will protect us more as well.

.. it is our wish that have this belt in thanks.
The old woman unwraps a bundled of rags and holds up a belt.
it's in the shape of a snake, the scales are green with Verdigris but you can make out the shape of a snake

"This belt belonged to an old travelling snake priest that died years ago, he claimed that it protected him against there bites.
Take it as our gift to you in thanks."
You thank them and put on the belt and adjust it so that the snake's head is eating its on tail.

Ęstrid takes a pair of splinted vambraces and greaves from the spoils of battle.
Tarquin Hostilius takes an embarrassingly small amount of money, it's not even enough to buy a sheep with.
The three of you rest as guests of honour until the next morning.

Quests
1) Reports of The Volscian tribes fighting against the Sabine settlers again.
you have no loyalty to ether side but there's a chance for gold.

2)A merchant caravan to the Puntite lands is leaving in a weeks time, you could sign up as guards.

3)One of the warlock kings has need to expand his Praetorian Guard, doing so would get you close to him and fill your pockets with gold.

4)Try to find out some thing about your mother?

5) other?

Companions

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2017, 11:40:12 pm »

I think I was right to hit on her. Our kids would be the most Movie perfect children ever. Strong and attractive.

Anyway, I vote 4 and 3. Getting close to the Lord, we can use his resources to research the pumble of our sword.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 11:46:11 pm »

We have no father, no village to return to even if we wanted, and now the trail is cold and we will never find the main camp of the bandits who raided it.  Hell they might have already all perished when we killed the drunk ones.

We can go for gold or we can try and find where our true mother came from.

I say we ask our companions to join us in a quest to find a mysterious land or people based only on our mother's sword!  And merc work in the meantime or something.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15