Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: Swamp Baron  (Read 36621 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: Swamp Baron
« Reply #870 on: April 17, 2018, 09:04:03 pm »

C
I

Stealth will help us escape after we burn down a village. It may not hide our body(as we grow bigger), but it will hide our tracks.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 17, 2018, 09:12:01 pm »

We need to get a better flight at some point.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 17, 2018, 09:13:38 pm »

We need to get a better flight at some point.
Well, I assume stealth applies to flight as well?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 17, 2018, 09:14:59 pm »

Exactly. But it wont make us fly, thats a physical trait we have to invest in.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 17, 2018, 11:34:11 pm »

I J purely because thats the only one with any sort of consensus.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 17, 2018, 11:48:09 pm »

I J purely because thats the only one with any sort of consensus.

C,E Was actually in the lead, but now it's tied.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 18, 2018, 12:18:14 am »

CE

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 18, 2018, 12:32:42 am »

A, B. If we can take down any foe in glorious combat, we can get more skills, it also means we can defend ourselves better. Ergo, having better combat skills will help in the long run and short run.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 18, 2018, 03:32:52 am »

H,H We're gonna need architecture experience to help our little demesne grow fat and wealthy (Thus meaning we're also fat and wealthy), and I doubt the kobolds have much expertise in building stuff.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 18, 2018, 03:38:13 am »

CD

Stealth and Hunting means we are not reliant on our kobolds either to supply food or be a source of food.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 18, 2018, 04:00:57 am »

H,H We're gonna need architecture experience to help our little demesne grow fat and wealthy (Thus meaning we're also fat and wealthy), and I doubt the kobolds have much expertise in building stuff.

I sort of agree with that, but we literally just recruited a Kobold who is a good enough builder to meet our short term needs. We should combine an architecture boost with a boost to our claws next time we get both a physical upgrade and ancestral memories, that way we can literally dig our glorious constructions into the ground without needing to gather as many materials.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 18, 2018, 07:33:22 am »

CE
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 18, 2018, 09:09:05 am »

C I

because stealth argument wins

and i know we probably need that phisical magical upgrade first for most magic, but i think that even without magic we can change our elemental breath. If that's true it might help ALOT
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 19, 2018, 10:20:03 am »

You have learned from your experienced with Tulumata, and memories of stealth have resurfaced, drawn from your encounter with her.  You recall how to avoid leaving tracks, how to conceal yourself within any cover down to two thirds of your apparent size, and you are almost undetectable at night.  Indeed, until you grow larger you would rate your own stealth skills on par with those of She of the Drawing Dark.

Similarly, your recent use of potions has brought memory of apothecary to the fore.  You now know several medically and alchemically useful plants and animal parts you can harvest, many of which are present in the swamps.  You believe you know how to brew these ingredients into potions for your own use, although they tend to be fairly expensive in terms of the resources used.  In particular, you can brew simple forms of healing potions, antitoxins and venoms.  You already know the limitations of healing potions - antitoxins when drunk will provide an hour's protection against poisons and venoms, while venoms can be used to coat your claws to inflict additional poison damage on your melee attacks.  However, they lose potency out of a container, so will only last for an hour after you apply them.

You will need to gather ingredients to make these, or else send a minion with expertise in apothecary to do the gathering for you (with the aid of helpers).  Most of them share some common ingredients, simply requiring skill to combine them properly into functional potions.

Jibjibjub has completed a bare necessities version of the barracks you instructed him to build.  He is ready for a new task.  What should you command of him?

A) Decorate my lair.  Carve some statues, maybe of me, maybe of other beautiful things.
B) Construct a concealed entrance for my lair to hide it from prying eyes.
C) Fortify the entrance to my lair to serve as a defensible guard post.
D) Smooth out the entrance corridor to my lair and install some simple traps while you're there.
E) Improve the existing barracks by creating a dedicated kitchen and armoury, to better supply troops at rest.
F) Construct some exterior outbuildings for my minions, such as a tannery to process hunted hides into leather for armour.
G) Something else?

Next up, Gugujib has been leading the hunters, bringing in a quiet but useful bounty to keep yourself and your minions fed.  She has had experience both as a huntsbold and a spy, but it would be better for her to focus on one skill to develop it.  From now on, where should she focus?

A) On hunting and tracking.  I need a capable huntsbold to lead food gathering and swampcraft efforts.
B) On espionage.  I need someone who can bring information in from elsewhere in the swamps.

And finally, what would you care to do now that you have awoken?

A) Gather some ingredients from the swamp in preparation for alchemy.
B) Convert some more homesteads through displays of force or guile.
C) Investigate one of the other villages; Korobatbat or Bomugil.
D) Find another shrine to the Bloat King and start taking down his daughters pro-actively.
E) Seek a challenge in the swamps.
F) Seek a new source of wealth.
G) Seek treasure and combat in the catacombs.
H) Something else.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 19, 2018, 10:26:06 am »

A
B
F

We need more wealth in general, but our first minion would be best as a spy, need a trusted spy.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62