Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: Swamp Baron  (Read 36643 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: Mummy Wrecker
« Reply #795 on: April 14, 2018, 07:47:17 pm »

C Being worshiped will just bring more gods and believers down on us.  Better to rule.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 14, 2018, 08:52:44 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 14, 2018, 09:33:52 pm »

C Being worshiped will just bring more gods and believers down on us.  Better to rule.

You know what

C

worship will come on time
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 14, 2018, 11:38:37 pm »

C!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 15, 2018, 03:28:14 am »

I think we're tied again.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 15, 2018, 04:17:52 am »

Changing my vote to C.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 15, 2018, 04:47:09 am »

Despite all the effort you went to in order to crush a shrine and prove yourself at least locally superior to a powerful spirit, you decide that maybe the whole worship thing might not be worth the trouble after all.  Surely removing the influence of the local tribe's only spiritual protector without replacing him will have no negative consequences.

You return to Igrylligus, Tulumata's head clutched in one of your foreclaws.  The guards see you approach and seeing what you're carrying, as well as the plume of smoke rising from the direction of the shrine, immediately summon the village elders.  They seem reticent to open the gates at first, but when it becomes apparent that you are just going to tear or burn them down reluctantly do so.  You ascend to the top of the hillock where the village roundhouse is and, before all the villagers, hurl Tulumata's head to the ground in front of the elders.  It explodes, showering them with black ichor.

The villagers immediately go to their knees, offering up prayers and pleas in the hopes of propitiating your wrath.  It is... satisfying, but you hold up a claw.

"Stop.  I seek mastery merely over your bodies and possessions, not your souls.  Do not offer your worship unto me."

The villagers seem confused by this.  One of the elders speaks up.

"But, lord, why did you destroy the Bloat King's shrine if you did not want us to worship you as first you said?  We would gladly have accepted you as our master anyway."

Huh.  Well, time to defend your position.

"The Bloat King dared to claim a station higher than me in your lives.  He was a challenger and needed to be driven away.  I have simply set things as they are.  Now then, on to accepting me as your master..."

The kobolds immediately begin scurrying to bring you tokens and tribute in food and what little valuables they have.  It is most gratifying.

You have claimed the village of Igrylligus.

But how will you rule this place?

A) Directly.  You will actively involve yourself in the affairs of your new fief as their ruler.
B) At arm's length.  You will leave the village elders to run the village and its surrounds and only involve yourself in major decisions.
C) Not at all.  So long as the tributes keep coming, who cares if they run this place into the ground?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 15, 2018, 04:49:42 am »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 15, 2018, 04:54:08 am »

B

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 15, 2018, 04:55:57 am »

B!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 15, 2018, 07:45:11 am »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 15, 2018, 08:12:21 am »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 15, 2018, 08:29:30 am »

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 15, 2018, 10:50:56 am »

You graciously permit the village elders to live... and to continue governing their village in your name.  You will not be bothered about general troubles assailing the village, nor are you that expected to retain a presence here, yourself or by proxy.  The elders will present decisions to you about the most important concerns the village faces and you will of course be free to make demands or impositions on them as often as you think you can get away with.

Speaking of which, you have a few decisions to make now.  First and foremost, what level of seasonal tribute will you exact upon Igrylligus and any surrounding homesteads that accept your rule?

A) A rapacious tax.  Squeeze them for everything they have, as often as you can.
B) A burdensome tax.  Don't actually starve them out of house and home (immediately) but still exact a tribute befitting a dragon.
C) A reasonable tax.  About on par with a typical lord, you aim to skim as much tribute from them as you can without actively harming them.
D) A token tax.  Power and respect are the important things here, the small tribute they pay is mostly to help remind them who is in charge.

This tax would typically be split up between food, valuables and kobolds (either as labourers, soldiers or maybe just snacks).  How do you want to divide this?

A) An even split of the three.
B) Mostly food.
C) Mostly valuables.
D) Mostly kobolds.
E) Entirely one of the three, or excluding one specifically (state which).

You have the option of maintaining a space in the village roundhouse where you can sleep, as well.  Note that you can only have one true lair where all your loot is gathered; you can keep 'summer homes' and even places to stash loot before bringing it back to your lair, but for the purposes of gold and glory you can only improve skills and grow by sleeping in your true lair.  You can still sleep and heal in a secondary lair, though.  Such a lair must have some valuables for you to sleep on comfortably, however, representing an expense in valuables not left in your true lair.

A) No, I have no interest in maintaining a place to sleep here.
B) Yes, prepare a secondary lair where I can rest and sleep here.  (This will cost 3000 silver in trinkets to make your bed.)
C) Actually, let's just move my primary lair here and abandon the one in the catacombs.  I have servants here!

Assuming you don't just move your entire lair here, the elders would like to know how to get in contact with you if there is a problem.

A) Don't.  I'll come to you.
B) Inform one trusted elder of the location of your lair, with instructions not to tell anyone.
C) Inform the elders of your lair's location so they can bring tribute there directly in future.

Finally, there is the matter of the surrounding homesteads.  Having taken over Igrylligus, it seems likely that some of the closest homesteads will fall into line as your subjects of their own volition, being too close to the village to risk angering you.  There is no guarantee that more distant homesteads or those close to other villages will acknowledge your dominion.

A) Who cares?  I'm fine with this for now.
B) Go on a bit of a tour of the surrounding homesteads, presenting yourself and demanding their submission.
C) Go on a bit of a tour of the surrounding homesteads, burning them to the ground if they don't immediately submit.
D) I have minions for this now.  Command Igrylligus to raise a militia and go convert the nearby homesteads to your vassalage.
E) Another approach?

And of course, you may always suggest a command or project you may wish to give the village.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 15, 2018, 11:23:59 am »

C A A A B
As a project they should construct a marketplace so we can lure in some more caravans.

I think splitting threeways is the way to go as we can have double food with this style. We could always test the individuals send to us and if they pass our test we train them to become respected heroes.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62