Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: Swamp Baron  (Read 36697 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: Mummy Wrecker
« Reply #570 on: July 11, 2017, 01:03:51 am »

A,D, Hunt for us - She may not have done the best, but it IS still useful information, besides that food is at an all time low.

A. Sleep cures all wounds.
+1
+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 11, 2017, 01:55:13 pm »

You call Gugjib off her spying duties and set her to hunting extra meat for you instead.  You also let her pick a trinket of her choice from your hoard.  After a little thought, she selects one of the jade statuettes; a female ophidian pouring water from a jug.  She seems to find it pretty.  {- 100 silver coins}.  You leave her to working and settle down to sleep.

Five days later, you awaken to find that a number of smoked cuts of lizard meat have been left near your hoard.  Only the equivalent of a couple of spit lizards, but it's nice to have a quick snack after waking.  You can see a small pile of furs acting as bedding where Gugujib has set up camp in one corner, although she presently seems to be out hunting.  You munch down on Gugujib's offerings and then head out of your lair renewed, rested and healed, and pick out a few boars, raptors and a small colony of spit lizards to fill your rumbling stomach.  Afterwards you wing up to the top of a mangrove tree and bask on a strong branch in the sun, considering your options.

A) Go exploring the swamp again, maybe you can find something interesting.
B) Mess with kobolds for a bit.
  i) Take advantage of those homesteads you know about.  You can always decide to raid, raze or trade with them later.
  ii) Head back to Igrylligus.  Maybe we can take another shot at this.
  iii) Pay a visit to Korobatbat.  Half-decent warriors sound interesting.
  iv) Seek out Bomugil and that apothecary.
C) Plunge into the necropolis and see if you can't find any new treasure or challenges.
D) Something else?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 11, 2017, 01:59:28 pm »

C seems like the most reliable way to get loot and glory. We can then buy some tracking experience with our next level up so that we don't eventually starve to death.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 11, 2017, 02:34:28 pm »

C seems like the most reliable way to get loot and glory. We can then buy some tracking experience with our next level up so that we don't eventually starve to death.
A good plan.
C

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 11, 2017, 02:41:30 pm »

C
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 11, 2017, 02:50:44 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 11, 2017, 03:44:28 pm »

C
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 11, 2017, 04:19:30 pm »

Tomb raiding it is!  You head back down into your lair and take the passage out beyond the dome with all of the historical bas-reliefs.  From there you find yourself moving through a maze of twisty passages, all alike, some of which are natural caves or fissures in the earth, some of which appear to be deliberately constructed, either as elements of tombs or as pragmatic and unadorned passageways.

You spend the better part of several days down in the necropolis, charting out new sections of it, clearing rubble in your path and slaying the occasional wandering ophidian mummy - no sign of any living ones as of yet.  As well as several relatively unguarded minor tombs with associated loot for the raiding, you manage to find one mummy who was buried with a very impressive tiered necklace of peridot pendants.  {3500 silver coins} worth of loot in total, although no real enemies worthy of note.  What does catch your eye is a depiction of the temple that supposedly used to stand at the height of the Ophidian Empire's capital city, the prime temple of Fortuona.  The temple most likely sank with the rest of the city, but some inscriptions nearby indicate that it was traditional to bring an offering to the temple to receive Fortuona's blessing.  Whether that interests you or not, if the temple is down here it might be full of valuable loot for the taking.

Still, you take the opportunity to return to your lair and deposit the loot you've stashed in your hoard there, then head out to kill a few raptors, since you're hungry.  Picking feathers out of your teeth, you consider your next move.

A) We're not done here yet!  Plunge back into the necropolis and see if we can't find more clues as to that temple.
B) Mess with kobolds for a bit.
  i) Take advantage of those homesteads you know about.  You can always decide to raid, raze or trade with them later.
  ii) Head back to Igrylligus.  Maybe we can take another shot at this.
  iii) Pay a visit to Korobatbat.  Half-decent warriors sound interesting.
  iv) Seek out Bomugil and that apothecary.
C) Go exploring the swamp again, maybe you can find something interesting.
D) Something else?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 11, 2017, 04:22:42 pm »

C
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 11, 2017, 04:30:53 pm »

A

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 11, 2017, 04:48:37 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 11, 2017, 04:56:53 pm »

I think we could find a dangerous creature in the swamp.
C
We got a six and didn't find any worthy opponents in the necropolis, so odds are it's empty.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 11, 2017, 05:58:52 pm »

C
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 11, 2017, 06:15:40 pm »

C
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 11, 2017, 06:40:06 pm »

A, We will get free silver if we get a decent roll, and we might just find that temple which is bound to have a lot of nice things for taking.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62