Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 62

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: Swamp Baron  (Read 36650 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: Mummy Wrecker
« Reply #750 on: April 13, 2018, 12:13:53 pm »

B
A
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 13, 2018, 12:25:53 pm »

B C

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 13, 2018, 12:30:18 pm »

BA

Hotfire90

« Reply #753 on: April 13, 2018, 12:31:57 pm »

BA

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 13, 2018, 01:32:52 pm »

2, 2

You decide not to proceed along the beaten path, instead waiting until nightfall to make your move.  Taking a circuitous route, you decide to approach the clearing through the trees.  Unfortunately, it doesn't take long before you feel a sudden tugging at one of your hind legs - a sudden tightening reveals a thick vine has ensnared you in place!  Tugging at it only seems to draw it closer, but before you can cut it loose a pack of spit lizards emerge from concealed holes nearby and begin spraying you with digestive enzymes!

Dragon: 4hp, 1 armour, 1 resistance.  Melee (PC +4 [6dam], MC +5 [3dam]), Ranged (PC +3 [1dam], MC +4 [3 dam])
Spit Lizards:  15hp, Ranged +2 (1 damage).

3, 7!
6, 6

You cover your exposed eyes with your wings and snap the snare on your leg with your impressive muscles.  Dousing your wings quickly in swampwater, you flame most of the spit lizards and then butcher most of the rest with your free claws.  A handful slither back into holes, more trouble to root out than they are worth.  You quickly skin them and add them to your sling for later hoard deposits (300 coins).

2, 1

You barely make it five hundred feet before you get caught in the next trap.  What looked like solid ground suddenly gives way to a sucking pit of unexpectedly slippery but still thick mud, dragging you down!  Once again, spit lizards emerge from the nearby undergrowth, ready to take advantage of your condition!

Dragon: 4hp, 1 armour, 1 resistance.  Melee (PC +4 [6dam], MC +5 [3dam]), Ranged (PC +3 [1dam], MC +4 [3 dam])
Spit Lizards:  15hp, Ranged +2 (1 damage).

3, 2
3, 2
1, 0!
1, -1!, 3
-1!, 3
0!, 5
-1!, 4
0!, 2
1!, 0
6!
7, 3, 8

For all of your struggling, the quicksand pulls you deeper and deeper into the mud!  You try your best to incinerate the black-skinned spit lizards as the crowd around you, layering you with piles of digestive spit.  As the spit builds up, it begins to soak in between the gaps between your scales, burning you!  But soon, the muck pulls you down and down so even the spit lizards cannot attack you any further.  You struggle, trying to find anything to help you break free.  Air is spent, your lungs and muscles are nothing more than fire...

...trapped beneath sand and stone, the desert temple collapsed around you.  You struggle and heave, then find a moment of peace, on the edge of accepting death.  You take that moment's peace to co-ordinate your muscles, then with one surge drive up through the tons of fallen rock -

You burst out of the quicksand, scattering startling spit lizards as you emerge!  You lay into them, tearing them asunder with your claws and adding their skins to your pile (375 silver coins).  And then you collapse, doing nothing for twenty minutes but breathing.

Current status: 2/4hp.  You are wounded from spit lizard enzyme and you are exhausted from your ordeal.

You still have a little ways to go to approach the shrine.  Would you care to proceed, and how?

A) No, bugger this.  We need to get back to the lair and sleep this off.
B) Press on, with a weather eye out for traps.  We came here to perform a task, and we're going to finish it on our terms.
C) Go back to the path the kobolds use to approach the shrine and go that way instead.
D) Find some medical aid first.  Perhaps we could find it in Igrylligus.
E) Find some medical aid first.  Perhaps we could find it in one of the lesser homesteads.
F) Find some medical aid first.  Perhaps we should seek out the caravan, or wait for its arrival, and see if they have any to stock.
G) A different approach entirely.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:34:59 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 13, 2018, 01:39:12 pm »

F Running into every trap was a great idea guys.

Hotfire90

« Reply #756 on: April 13, 2018, 01:42:01 pm »

F

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 13, 2018, 01:46:01 pm »

F

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 13, 2018, 02:49:34 pm »

Discretion is the better part of valour.  You retreat from the traps and head off in search of the promised caravan, stalking the mangrove swamps near Igrylligus.  After two days of searching, you spot it about half a day's journey (at the caravan's rate, anyhow) from Igrylligus.  Following your previous intent, you present yourself openly.

You leap and use your wings to glide gracefully into a landing before the caravan, to give the impression of having flown here.  You spread your silvery wings so that they catch the morning sunlight and rest back on your haunches, raising your head and giving them a small, regal nod.

"Greetings, human travellers," you say, displaying a number of shimmering teeth in a grin.  "Welcome to the Bitter Swamps.  I understand you are traders, correct?"

'Human' is not entirely accurate, your memories inform you.  While what appear to be the two merchants leading the caravan of four heavily laden horses are human, as are most of the guards, a pair of the caravan guards are shorter and far hairier than the rest, both sporting bushy beards.  Your memories fill in the name 'dwarves' for this pair.

In any case, the traders and their guard seem startled and shocked by your arrival (as well they should), but they seem neither entirely surprised nor are they bending their knees in supplication.  After gaping for a few seconds, one of the humans speaks up.

"Ah, uh, greetings, o mighty dragon!  We thank you for your welcome to these lands, having heard of your glory!"

You overhear one of the guards muttering to another: "Wait, isn't the dragon supposed to be dead?  That's what those villagers said."

"We are indeed traders," the trader continues, "I am Jenassa of Drei, and this is my wife and partner Vela and our guard.  We hope that we offer no disrespect by passing through your territory unannounced, we knew not where to properly announce ourselves."

"I prefer my privacy," you demur, pleased by the mild flattery.  "But you have done well to announce yourself now.  It is on the matter of trade I wish to speak with you."

Indeed, what do you wish to discuss?  (Select one or more topics.)

A) "I require salves or ointments to heal injuries, as well as a tonic to restore lost vigour."
B) "What are you trading here, and what do you seek to gain?"
C) "I seek a more permanent trade arrangement; the regular supply of certain wares, especially food, in exchange for certain valuables."
D) "Let us discuss the matter of your toll.  After all, these are my lands you pass through."
E) "Tell me of your lands.  Where is Drei?  From where do you hail?  Where do you travel next?"
F) "Do you trade in slaves or prisoners as well?  I could do with some minions."
G) Any other questions or topics you might wish to raise.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 13, 2018, 02:51:15 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 13, 2018, 02:52:15 pm »

D

STAND AND DELIVER

Hotfire90

« Reply #761 on: April 13, 2018, 03:07:12 pm »

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 13, 2018, 03:09:03 pm »

B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 13, 2018, 03:24:13 pm »

Hmm.

B, C, D, in that order.

That's valid, right? I hope.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 13, 2018, 03:34:14 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 62