Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: Swamp Baron  (Read 36653 times)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: Mummy Wrecker
« Reply #720 on: April 12, 2018, 06:56:21 pm »

H, H
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 12, 2018, 07:54:28 pm »

well HB makes sense rp wise. we were roughened up by masses last time so we make sure it wont happen again.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 13, 2018, 01:27:49 am »

HB
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 13, 2018, 04:33:05 am »

You are significantly tougher than when you went to sleep.  Your heart beats more strongly, you feel brighter and more vibrant in your muscles and breathing.  Some part of you knows that you can take a fair bit more punishment in a fight, and you have naught to fear from common diseases - even poisons or exposure to the elements will be attenuated.

You also feel much more competent in mass combat, enough that you find your previous defeat surprising knowing what you do now.  Fresh tactics flood your mind, ways to avoid getting trapped and mobbed the way you did before, tricks of speed and mobility that make you that much more dangerous in a large fight.  You feel as if taking on a hundred armed men might be an even fight now.

You are hungry, but Gugujib has apparently been laying in a few stores for you, and you happily scarf them down.  You slip out of your lair and engage in some hunting to fill your belly - you are reaching the limit of what your current food sources will do for your size.  Having done it once, you can always return to cattle rustling as a food source in future if you want to make a habit of it.  [3] The six now feral pigs are still alive, but have not birthed any new pigs - at least, none that have survived.  You might want to set a swineherd to watching out for them in future.

By the time you return, Gugujib has risen and is waiting for you.  After prostrating herself and offering various satisfying ingratiations, you silence her and instruct her to conduct her report.

4, 6

"Things are peaceful in the swamp, master.  The three main villages are in a state of peace with each other and your hunting of the area has been infrequent enough not to attract too much attention.  I can confirm that the Bloat King has put a sort of bounty on you - indirectly, that is.  It seems that the Bloat King himself doesn't feel you are a threat, but the daughter that replaced the guardian of the Igrylligus shrine, Tulumata, She of the Drawing Dark, was close to Phragmita and has taken issue with you killing her sister.  She has offered a boon to any kobolds that kill you and has been providing packs of trained spit lizards to serve as companions to those seeking you.  I have not seen her in a fight, master, but rumour says that she engages in combat primarily through traps, poisons and stealth.

"I also have the locations of several homesteads and even one of the Bloat King's lesser shrines found, which I have marked here on this map of the local area.  Speaking of the local area, I have learned a little more about where we are by talking to various elders, since I have always thought of this place as 'home'.  We are in the centre of what outsiders call the 'Bitter Swamps', loosely divided into five regions.  To the north, the swamps continue on until they rise into high hills and mountains.  To the south, the land grows firmer and becomes deep jungle.  To the east, the swamps eventually reach a wide open sea.  To the west, the swamps thin out until they become open grassy plains.

"The reason I mention this is because there is a caravan!  A few of the strange, tall, pink-fleshed people we call 'humans' have ventured into the swamps from the west, travelling with armed guards and beasts laden down with useful and rare goods, which they are trading as they move between the homesteads.  It seems they will likely stop at Igrylligus soon to make trade before continuing on their way."

With that, Gugujib concludes her report.  She looks up at you hopefully.

A) Commend Gugujib for her service.
B) Tell her she has done a good enough job to live... for now.
C) Allow her a trinket of her choice from the hoard.
D) Gift her with the guardian's bow as a reward.

What will you set Gugujib to doing now?

A) Return to espionage.  Keep a finger on the pulse of the swamps.
B) Return to working as a hunter for you.
C) Remain here as a guardian of your lair.

And what will you do?

A) Investigate this caravan, since you know its general route and location.
B) Test your new skills and hardiness against the denizens of the third layer of the catacombs.
C) Head up and begin planning a way to tackle Tulumata, She of the Drawing Dark.
D) Topple that other shrine of the Bloat King's, just for fun and looting.
E) Go fuck with some kobold homesteads, or maybe even one of the villages.
F) Go seeking a new challenge or source of wealth entirely.
G) Something else?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 13, 2018, 04:55:58 am »

CBA

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 13, 2018, 05:01:23 am »

Sure, why not. CBA

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 13, 2018, 05:11:52 am »

CBA
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 13, 2018, 05:14:10 am »

CBA As much as I would like to go to the third layer, we can always do that right after we deal with this caravan so long as we remain unhurt, which is a high probability.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 13, 2018, 06:00:17 am »

CBA sounds good
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 13, 2018, 06:21:56 am »

ABA

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 13, 2018, 07:55:15 am »

You graciously permit Gugujib to take a trinket of her choice from your hoard.  She seems a little greedy, but not quite willing to risk your wrath by claiming anything too important, so she selects a rather nice silver necklace for herself (-600 silver coins).  You set her back to hunting duty, warning her to keep away from the feral pigs you introduced for now.

You depart your lair and make your way eastward, following Gugujib's crude map to head in the direction of the last sighting of the caravan.  You have a few options here.

A) Head to Igrylligus - you know the caravan will stop there, so you can just wait for it.
B) Pick one of the homesteads it is likely to visit on the way to Igrylligus and wait for it there, or else see if it has already passed.
C) Try to intercept the caravan as it moves between settlements.

And how do you plan to approach them when you find them?

A) Mercilessly.  Kill and devour them all, their pack animals too, and take their valuables as your rightful prize.
B) As a brigand.  Do a little damage to scare them, then offer them their lives if they abandon their valuables.
C) Claim to be lord of these lands.  Present yourself and demand a toll for safe passage.
D) Imperiously.  Present yourself and demand they serve you as their new lord and master.
E) Diplomatically.  Bring some of the choicer trinkets from your trove and see if you can't broker trade in your favour.  Conduct other civilised discourse while you're there.
F) Stealthily.  Just observe them for a while, gauge their strengths and weaknesses before making a decision.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 13, 2018, 07:56:58 am »

AE. Bit hard to be stealthy at OUR size.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 13, 2018, 07:58:17 am »

AE
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 13, 2018, 07:59:37 am »

AE - It can always devolve into violence afterwards.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 13, 2018, 08:10:34 am »

You load several valuables into a leather sling you had Gugujib make for you to wear around your torso, then take wing for Igrylligus.  It is less than a day's journey now that you know the way and have a map (you are not yet capable of sustained flight, so must travel by foot).  As before, Igrylligus rises on a natural hillock above the surrounding swamp, encircled by a sturdy wooden wall manned by kobold defenders.  There doesn't seem to be any sign of the caravan yet, so you might need to wait here for a few days.  Speaking of which, do you want to do anything about this village while you're here?  Last time you visited you were chased off by spit lizards in a rather humiliating fashion - it seems unlikely that these kobolds fear or respect you as much as they did initially.

A) Just hide out in the swamps nearby.  No need to announce our presence.
B) Enter the village proudly and demand their hospitality (paid or unpaid), regardless of whatever indignities you suffered before.
C) Lay waste to the town's defences to make it clear you aren't to be trifled with, then take over as lord of this village.
D) Sneak in under cover of night, assassinate the leadership and take up residence in the roundhouse - when everyone wakes up, present your new lordship as a fait accompli.
E) Erase the stain of your earlier failure and prove yourself a superior divinity by wrecking the Bloat King's shrine and defeating his daughter Tulumata, She of the Drawing Dark.  Then claim the town's worship as originally intended.
F) Burn the entire village to the ground, devour its livestock and its people.  Send a fucking message to the rest of the Bitter Swamps that the Bloat King's protection isn't worth spit.
G) Something else?

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 62