Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62

Author Topic: SPAMDRAGON: Swamp Baron  (Read 36717 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDRAGON: Mummy Wrecker
« Reply #420 on: June 12, 2017, 01:00:26 pm »

F. Kill and eat the leadership. Kill and eat their warriors. Make the rest your slaves. Then kill and eat them as well.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2017, 01:07:28 pm »

E

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2017, 01:13:23 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2017, 01:14:58 pm »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2017, 01:32:38 pm »

B Worship us lowly mortals!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 12, 2017, 02:39:46 pm »

It's one thing to boast about your powers and demand servitude.  It's another thing to actually claim divinity.  Nevertheless, you put your all into it.  You boast of how you slew the prince of the lost Ophidians as he rose from the dead, along with his undead army, of your might in battle, your flight and fire, of your destiny to rule and how you stand to be the salvation of the kobolds of the swamp, of all peoples, if they but bow before you as their god.

Bold claim, but impressive nonetheless.  A number of the kobolds seem to get behind the idea and there are even a few who go down on their knees there and then.  The trio of elders, however, seem more skeptical.  The one with the staff bound with tokens speaks.

"Powerful you may be, O Dragon, but we are sheltered beneath the mantle of the Bloat King and he will guard our lives and souls, not ye.  For no dragon can be a powerful as the spirit of the swamps."

"This Bloat King is minuscule," you boast, "so minuscule I have never even heard of him.  Who is he that falsely claims to be my superior?"

A short discussion follows, as while the elders are skeptical they are still willing to answer your questions.  The good news is that the kobolds don't seem to have any objection to worshipping you; some unmentioned act in distant history managed to get the kobold race forsaken by all the gods, so no major deity will shelter them.  They still have the instinct to worship, though, and need protection as well, so they tend to pray to and make offerings to local spirits or powerful entities instead.  If anything, the main problem is that Igrylligus already has a patron, the Bloat King.  Apparently the Bloat King is some kind of powerful land spirit who rules the supernatural elements of the swamp.  In return for their worship, the Bloat King supposedly protects them from wild beasts and ensures good rice harvests.  He apparently has a shrine not far from the village where offerings are made.

A)  A challenger, eh?  Go forth and try to hunt down the Bloat King himself and slay him to prove your superiority.
B)  This creature might not even exist.  Go topple the shrine; if you can reduce it to burning rubble they will be forced to question the Bloat King's worth as a protector.
C)  Offer them one last chance to worship you anyway, then run amok and start burning and killing anything that doesn't prostrate itself in worship before you.  If their Bloat King is real, maybe he'll intervene.  If not, that's probably going to provide strong proof of either his non-existence or comparative weakness to the survivors.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 12, 2017, 02:44:51 pm »

B

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 12, 2017, 02:47:31 pm »

A

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 12, 2017, 02:52:15 pm »

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 12, 2017, 02:54:58 pm »

B
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2017, 03:08:25 pm »

B.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 12, 2017, 03:10:16 pm »

B
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2017, 03:20:21 pm »

Hehe C
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2017, 03:22:38 pm »

A Will be Most GLORIOUS!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile