Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May  (Read 41221 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2017, 07:51:06 pm »

May was essentially defaulted into the position as everyone else in the leadership race stood down - perhaps noting it for the poisoned chalice it is - so I don't think she's necessarily had a popularity rating, as it were.

She was notable as Home Secretary for various things like the Snooper's Charter and vans with the slogan "illegal immigrants go home or be arrested" or some such.

She certainly isn't doing herself any favors by hiding from debates during the campaign, though. Evidently she thinks that the lead they had when she announced the election was big enough to absorb the hit from doing that.

Edit: I forgot her desire to scrap the Human Rights Act, too.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:55:12 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 08:16:42 pm »

Edit: I forgot her desire to scrap the Human Rights Act, too.

Really? That's... just dumb. Though that's probably an understatement.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2017, 08:58:35 pm »

What effect would a Labour victory have on Brexit?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2017, 09:01:43 pm »

What effect would a Labour victory have on Brexit?

Who is Labour?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2017, 09:02:20 pm »

The current opposition party in British politics.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2017, 09:14:17 pm »

I do believe you mean the Laor Party, who serve at the will of Corbyn Lord Of Direction.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 09:23:05 pm »

Well if I am going for the worst possible thing... for the UK

a UKIP victory.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2017, 09:35:38 pm »

The BNP still exist, man. I have no idea what they stand for other than "NO IMMIGRATION, FUCKING MUSLIMS" but they're there.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2017, 09:36:46 pm »

They still exist, but after UKIP was founded they lost all of their more mainstream voters and all of their few elected positions. Didn't help that they got censured a few times for not allowing nonwhite members.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2017, 09:39:03 pm »

They still exist, but after UKIP was founded they lost all of their more mainstream voters and all of their few elected positions. Didn't help that they got censured a few times for not allowing nonwhite members.

Yeah as you can tell I am being INCREDIBLY nice to UKIP. Given that they are UKIP.

Though I did say that a election victory by them would be the worst possible thing to happen to the UK.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2017, 09:40:36 pm »

They probably won't even win any seats, they're raison d'etre has already come to pass, so they can't campaign on it.

Chances are they'll swing to the Tories for the most part.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 09:51:55 am »

The BNP still exist, man. I have no idea what they stand for other than "NO IMMIGRATION, FUCKING MUSLIMS" but they're there.
Last I checked they failed to pay the thingy that means they're an official party.

So they're political vaporware now?

Necrothurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 05:05:24 am »

Isn't this illegal? He's deleted the Tweet since but that seems like a really bad idea.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 05:39:52 am »

1) Who is that TempletonPeck?

2) Why is there a archive link to a google search page?

3) Tweets are really easy to fake.

4) Not sure what the law on postal ballot is in the UK. Can they open them before d-day? That'd be weird.

P.S. From what I find on wiki, they're supposed to be sealed and only counted during the count. The one info that'd be public would be postal turnout I guess, which make sense since one of Labour's issue is to get young people to turn up.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:44:41 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Necrothurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 05:51:58 am »

1) Who is that TempletonPeck?

2) Why is there a archive link to a google search page?

3) Tweets are really easy to fake.

4) Not sure what the law on postal ballot is in the UK. Can they open them before d-day? That'd be weird.

P.S. From what I find on wiki, they're supposed to be sealed and only counted during the count. The one info that'd be public would be postal turnout I guess, which make sense since one of Labour's issue is to get young people to turn up.

1) TempletonPeck is some random guy who is the only result I can find responding to the guy in the original image (or even quoting him).

2) The Google Search displays the page with the TempletonPeck quote on it.

3) They are, hence the archive.

4) You're not allowed to unseal and count them, that's completely illegal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34