Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May  (Read 41285 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2017, 09:12:42 pm »

Labour wins Glasgow Northeast by 0.8%. GLASGOW.

Anybody seen Owlbread, or is he busy playing a funeral dirge on his bagpipes?

EDIT: Ipswitch? More like Flipswitch, amirite? (flips Tor to Lab).

.....I'm sorry.

I haven't seen Owlbread around in like, forever.

SNP bleedout continuing, Dunbartonshire East went Lib Dem.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2017, 09:16:07 pm »

For some fun, have a look at Cities of London and Westminster to see the 59 people who voted for Ankit Love The Maharaja of Kashmir, founder and leader of the One Love Party. They claim to be, and I quote, "techno-progressive".

Tories are embarrassed and filthy due to the loss of Bath (+8) to the LibDems, the second such humiliation of the night.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:17:40 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2017, 09:18:05 pm »

SNP at -11 now. Lost Midlothian to Labour. Ayr, Carrick & Cumnock to Tories.

All total so far, the Tories have picked up 6 from SNP, which almost negates their losses to Labour further south.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2017, 09:20:16 pm »

All of a sudden, BBC replaces Lib Dem with Sinn Fein on their readout. Only thing though, I thought they chose not to represent in Westminister, which is their policy for some reason? Saw that in a tweet somewhere.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2017, 09:21:54 pm »

Corbyn retains his own seat with a 60.5% vote.

Labour takes Kirkcaldy from SNP, Bedford from the Conservatives.

Tories at -5, Labour at +18. And we're a little over halfway done.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:23:34 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2017, 09:23:39 pm »

All of a sudden, BBC replaces Lib Dem with Sinn Fein on their readout. Only thing though, I thought they chose not to represent in Westminister, which is their policy for some reason? Saw that in a tweet somewhere.
Yes, Sinn Finn practices abstentionism. They refuse to take their seats because they are a republican group and will not swear loyalty to the Queen, which is needed to take seats in the UK parliament.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2017, 09:26:00 pm »

10 point swing to Labour in London. Apparently they've taken Canterbury which has been Conservative since 1850. They are taking some losses in the North but it's far less than expected.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2017, 09:27:59 pm »

Portsmouth South (+12.5%) flips Tory to Laor. Not as big a gap as Battersea, but the bell of Corbyn tolls for the Tory majority once more.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2017, 09:28:59 pm »

SNP have 25/59 seats so far, 22 seats left to call it.

Still on track for more than half the seats in Scotland guys :P hardly a crushing loss.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2017, 09:29:56 pm »

So far, the BBC shows Tories as losing 5 seats while The Guardian shows 6. They're right about where Theresa May said she would step down as PM if Tories lost that much.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2017, 09:30:12 pm »

Even so, it looks a bit nasty. Though I suppose for the second indyref it's more important to hold control of the Scottish Parliament. Maybe they could swing it as a coalition deal with Laor?
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2017, 09:30:21 pm »

SNP holds onto Glasgow Southwest and Glasgow East by 0.2% in each. All in all, they'll keep all the Glaswegian districts except NE. But holy hell they're taking a beating in their heartlands.

MSH: After tonight, does Labour win their "b" back?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2017, 09:32:20 pm »

I'm strongly considering it. If Laor goes beyond the impossible and wins a straight majority I may even grant jubilee and restore the "u" as well.

The Tories, on the other hand, are at immense risk for losing their "r", mostly for the hubris of calling this election.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2017, 09:33:03 pm »

T'would be a bit awkward to go round being Labur. Pepl mite thenk thay kant spel.

Theresa May holds her Maidenhead by a 45.5 margin. (so many double entendres, so little time...)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:34:59 pm by RedKing »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2017, 09:33:56 pm »

Even so, it looks a bit nasty. Though I suppose for the second indyref it's more important to hold control of the Scottish Parliament. Maybe they could swing it as a coalition deal with Laor?

I can assure you quite comfortably that no British party has taken leave of their senses enough to enter into an official coalition with the SNP.

I am going to go out on a limb, perhaps contradicting my earlier statement that the last election was an outlier, and say this was technically a Brexit election, even if there wasn't much campaigning on it. The SNP are not going to be able to do anything at that particular table, so people are choosing between the Tories and Laor (why Laor, by the way?)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34