Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Create a world III  (Read 11904 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Create a world III
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:21:37 am »

A simple game in which the entirity of the forum can participate. Based on the original games ran by tntey and Prophet.

You, the player, posts what happens in the world. You can post it from the perspective of a god or character you've created, but you can also just describe whatever happens without controlling anyone.

Example:
Code: [Select]
P1: Year 1: Surya, the Goddess of knowledge and literature is born from the void.
P2: Year 2: the world itself is born from the void
P3: Year 3: Humans emerge from the depths of the world
P1: Year 3.1: Surya bestows them intelligence
Etc.

Each post, a year passes. If the post refers to the post before, only part of a year passes (eg. 10, 10.1, 11, 12, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3, 13)

Rules (credit to Prophet):
1: There shall be no retconning. What happens happens no changing it.

2: While you can effect and interact with stuff other players create they get main ownership and are the only ones who can command/control them unless they give you permission.

3: All conflicts between player characters shall be judged by another player besides those fighting with things such as coin flips, dice, or random stuff like that.

4: All divine beings are equal in power so it doesn't matter if your a god, titan, or void entity they all have the same amount of power. The difference is for those who like to name their player character something besides a god.

5: There may only be one world at a time.

6: Worldwipes are possible but you must start a vote for it and the worldwipe may only happen after the worldwipe achieves a majority vote of yes.

7: Don't take actions to seriously this is a game and we are all here to have a good time so no angry real fighting! Argue yes but no angry shout matches or serious fights.

8: Nothing is permanent or unbreakable anything players create can and will most likely get destroyed later on.

9: Only one action per post, no double posting.

10: The rules may be changed through out the course of the game if problems arise that they can't/don't stop.

I'll start us off:

Year 1: The void itself springs in existence, filled with many kinds of pure and unstable magic.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Create a world III
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:25:48 am »

Year 2: The corpse of the Eight-Sphered Goat enters creation. Its body combines with the nascent magical essence to create the beginnings of a solar system.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 09:35:26 am »

Year 3: Gravity pulls stuff together.
And it pulls even more stuff together
And it pulls ev-OH LOOK A STAR
it's over

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 09:43:13 am »

Okay, let's try a Suggestion Game.

Year 4: Estrith, the God of knowledge, assassins, and secrets is born from the void.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 09:53:21 am »

Year 5: To counter the influence one of the spheres of the Eight-Sphered Gaot corpse rises to become Trangal, god of Wisdom, Knights and Perception.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 09:55:05 am »

Year 5: Pure magic left by the void and the eight-sphered goat contracts, mixes and takes shape in the physical world. A humongous mobius strip is formed around the sun, turning around fast enough for a day-night circle.

Currently it only exists of solid, liquid and gaseous magics.

The world is formed

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 10:00:10 am »

Year 6: Upon meeting for the first time Estrith and Trangal battle it out on the moebius circle. For what seems like several months they fight with weapons they imagined into existance. Many creatures are burn in the fires of their weaponry, and plantlife sprouts where the gods blood spills.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 10:09:26 am »

Best of five:
1=Estrith victory, 2=Trangal victory
1d2=1
1d2=1
1d2=2
1d2=1
1d2=2

Year 6.1: Estrith defeats Trangal in battle after a series of skirmishes.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 10:21:02 am »

Year 7: The planet Jupiter appears, and the Mobius circle orbits around it, even as Jupiter orbits the star.

Avanti!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 10:28:28 am »

Year 8: Race of sentient humanoid rock beings called "Children of the Ground" appears on the Mobius strip.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:34:21 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 11:03:33 am »

Year 9: The new plants spread rapidly over the surface of the strip, turning the once barren ground into impossibly tall forests and open wind swept plains. The majority of the plants were formed from Trangal's golden blood, and they shine with soft light during the night, revealing the hidden and guiding the Rockmen. The fruit is dry, but filing.
The plants of Estrith are fewer, but they take on pleasant tones of purple or blue. They form canopies that block out light during the day, and their fruit is overwhelmingly sweet, to the point that too much will put one in a coma.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 11:07:21 am »

X: A species of large yellow hexapods pops into existence.
it's over

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 11:08:01 am »

Year 11: vibrant faeries emerge from these lush forests, making them their home

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 11:25:29 am »

War breaks out between the rockmen and the faeries for dominance of the strip. The whole of creation trembles.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 11:31:32 am »

(((can someone roll a best of 5 for this? When I do it I fear I might look partial. Also rule 3)))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16