Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: SpamsRace: A New World (Mash up type game)  (Read 3475 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SpamsRace: A New World (Mash up type game)
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 03:56:03 pm »

I really don't think it's a good idea to force vault dwellers to work in a desert without basic training on not dying.
I'm not sure we need more Cassandras, but guns are useful as a trade good.

A B

1 macro, 2 micro towards rebuilding.
2 micro for another Homekeeper.

Desert Survival Gear And Training

Now that we have opened the vault, we know of the basic environmental dangers of the wastes - Namely, a dry environment of 115 degrees. This would have been dangerous before the apocalypse. To people who have been safely living under a rock for generations, these conditions are a major hazard.

Design an airy uniform, a basic survival kit including canteens, rations, and tents, and a training crash-course on heat stroke, the importance of staying hydrated, and generally how to safely work in a desert.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 05:48:48 pm by Nirur Torir »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 05:30:26 pm »

This isn't a design turn I think?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 05:39:27 pm »

Heads up. You only have 1 macro and 4 micro avaliable for this cycle. This is listed at the bottom of the infrastructure spoiler.

You originally had more, but when you rolled a 1 on the production bonus, your mining equipment was scrapped. You still have the engineering bay from it, and some of the parts from the mining equipment.

Also @detoxicated you already have a basic surveillance system within the vault complex. The designs for building more cameras were lost when the data was corrupted. You could design cameras if you wanted to expand the system though.

I have two votes for A, but voices against with no votes. I'll leave it till later tonight for the update.

This isn't a design turn I think?

You guys can debate the design whenever, but it won't be rolled until you next receive the settlement status. The exact timing of that is a bit variable, with events and all that taking place. The current turn is production distribution.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 05:45:23 pm »

A
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 05:46:00 pm »

A - Well getting cameras outside will be necessary eventually, but for now I guess its fine.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 05:48:09 pm »

Changing my vote from A to B, then. Forcing people to do work in a hostile environment they know little about is too risky when we can just wait a turn to train and pay them.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 07:33:48 pm »

Can we still spend the extra production on the bunker?  Seems reasonable to get that up and running.

I guess the desert survival kit is a good idea, what about some sort of scouting ATV?

Changing vote to B, it looks like our people are not over crowded right now.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 01:17:35 am »

AAA
BB

You decide to conscript citizens for work detail. A lot of people grumble about "Forced labor" and "Civil rights" but they do their part in the end. At first, they try to work during the day, but the heat is exhausting. A few people have to be treated for hyperthermia and dehydration, and there is some mention of how a dedicated medical center would be nice. Everyone recovers fully though, and Eventually they settle into a night time schedule, working while it is relatively cool, and using some spotlights to see. The work goes about as well as can be expected.

(only two plans were posted for production distribution, so I flipped a coin)
((Void Slayer won))

You instruct the workshop to construct another of the environmental analyzers, and afterwards to help the bunker ruins project. The engineering bay helps as well, shaping building frames and parts which are used above.

+1 Cassandra Class Environmental Detector
1 Macro & 2 micro contributed to the ruins project.
Your workforce also manages to produce 1 macro & 1 micro for the project.

Project status: 2/3 Macro 3/5 micro

Albert runs into your office breathless. As quickly and coherently as he can manage, he tells of what just happened above. Just as dawn was breaking, and the work crews were packing up, a number of vehicles came roaring out of the horizon. They circled the camp, and refused to respond when any of the workers called out to them. After circling for a few minutes, the vehicles took off again, and disappeared into the horizon.
"HAPPI, sir, I don't know what we should do. The idea that people could have survived out here all this time is preposterous, but here they are. It is of my opinion, that they may pose a threat. What should we do?"

A) Post as many guards as we can arm, and tell them to shoot on sight next time.
B) Post some guards, but tell them not to shoot unless attacked first.
C) Pull everyone back inside, and seal the vault. Clearly it was a mistake to ever leave.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 01:23:08 am »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

C

I might be over reacting.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 08:16:40 am »

B
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 09:50:49 am »

B

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 02:26:26 pm »

B

You have some guards posted around the worksite, and give them orders to only fire as a last resort. Your "Home Keeper" handguns are distributed among them.

Albert enters your office and closes the door. "We have a few situations to deal with. As our scouts have been growing more confident, we have been voyaging further from the vault. We have reports of smoke on the horizon far to the east. The temperature seems to be a bit lower  in that direction there as well. Not much, mind you, but a little lower. To the north, one of our scouts encountered an area of intense radiation. He burnt out his detector, but it probably saved his life. We had him treated for radiation sickness as well, just to be safe. To the south, we found more of the same. Our scout here was without a detector, but the report indicates that there was little of interest here anyways. All our scouts agree that we can go no further out until we have some sort of equipment to deal with a prolonged stay in the outside world." Albert pauses for a moment before the next report. "Our scout to the west has not yet reported back. She was carrying a detector as well, so that is unavailable for the time being. We have told her family that she is simply on an extended assignment for now, but we have no idea what happened to her."

A) Send a well equipped rescue party, with no less than half of our guns.
B) Send a rescue party with two guns and another 3 men.
B) Send another scout in that direction with a home keeper and a detector.
C) If she was taken, there is nothing we can do to until we can travel further. If she is lost, she will have to find her own way back. We will do nothing for now.

Your resident cartographer (a profession that has seen much decline since the closing of the vault) has began to compile the scouting reports. A map will be available soon.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 06:22:18 pm »

B

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 11:10:22 am »

A We can spare the useless humans to gather intel.  I mean... leave no scout behind?  Yeah that is what I meant.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 03:31:06 pm »

B. We need armed guards more than armed rescue parties.

((I feel this could have easily been merged with the previous update.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5