Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Do you own firearms?  (Read 5559 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you own firearms?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 11:19:34 pm »

Since when does anybody care about necros on Bay 12?

Probably only if it's several years old, but at worst you'd just get some heat from other forumers and possibly a thread lock.

Back ontopic... No, I don't own any guns. As for reasons, do I need to give one? I have no desire to own a gun anyway.

I have a DPKM AR15 that I greatly love and a bolt gun that's quite nice, although long distance shooting is something I'm terrible at.

With a tank, I'm sure you're good at it. ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:30:19 pm by smjjames »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 07:42:20 am »

Since when does anybody care about necros on Bay 12?
I'd say we care a lot, we banned him remember?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 10:07:16 am »

Does owning muzzleloaded cannons made from scrap materials count as owning a firearm? What about pellet rifles and pistols? In that case I am soon going to own a GAMO P-800 in .177 for backyard plinking, and when I have rounded my two year anniversary at the local marskman club I am buying a Glock 17DK and maybe some cheap Kar98 clone.
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 03:33:33 pm »

Does owning muzzleloaded cannons made from scrap materials count as owning a firearm? What about pellet rifles and pistols? In that case I am soon going to own a GAMO P-800 in .177 for backyard plinking, and when I have rounded my two year anniversary at the local marskman club I am buying a Glock 17DK and maybe some cheap Kar98 clone.

A firearm uses a burnable chemical propellant. Notice with you can purchase airsoft, BB, and paintball without much difficulty compared to a firearm.

Edit.

A muzzle loader that uses a burnable chemical propellant does count.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 06:05:12 pm »

How about a bow with incendiary / explosive arrowheads? Is that a firearm?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2017, 06:06:57 pm »

No it doesn't
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 06:15:04 pm »

No it doesn't
Okay so it's really the propellant that matters, copy that.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 06:20:56 pm »

No it doesn't
Okay so it's really the propellant that matters, copy that.

Well, the key words ARE 'chemical propellant'.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 06:33:20 pm »

I would assume the fact that a long tube that throws projectiles at lethal velocities from some sort of mechanical actuation would be sufficient.

Air rifles, "firearms" and coil/rail guns all rely on the exact same external ballistic principles. This seems more like some sort of protective "I don't want to be grouped with people toying around with potato cannons" thing than anything, no offense intended.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2017, 07:26:55 pm »

No, I don't own any, and I don't own any because I live in the UK and am perfectly happy without guns.

Why reply?

This is literally a shitpost lol.

Also currently working on a breech loaded fuse fired smoothbore, for wall hanging purposes. I have checked it all with a homeland defense guy and a police officer and they both say its considered a toy despite it's capabilities and is kosher, for now that is. Don't want to talk too much of this out of fear that some trend may spread from this and result in children losing fingers and one of my favorite hobbies being banned.

I actually scared off an intruder once with my "cigarette lock"(think matchlock but with a cigarette instead of a match) shorty. Nothing hit him, it was a paper blank, but apparently the tinnitus was enough for him to file a complaint at the police station, which quickly got dismissed because A: He had broken down a fucking fire door to get to me and B: It was considered a blank warning shot from what basically amounted to a super edgy muzzleloaded prop pistol(this was a very early design of mine, current ones are either touchhole fired for simplicity or piezoelectrically discharged for reliability)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:34:41 pm by Eclectic Wizard »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 07:52:43 pm »

I have a DPKM AR15 that I greatly love and a bolt gun that's quite nice, although long distance shooting is something I'm terrible at.

With a tank, I'm sure you're good at it. ;)

It's actually a bet I've manipulated more than one person into taking before, I might not be great with small arms, but few people are able to win a challenge for "I'll bet that I've hit a target at further away than you have, though"
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 08:28:14 pm »

No, I don't own any, and I don't own any because I live in the UK and am perfectly happy without guns.

Why reply?

Also currently working on a breech loaded fuse fired smoothbore, for wall hanging purposes. I have checked it all with a homeland defense guy and a police officer and they both say its considered a toy despite it's capabilities and is kosher, for now that is. Don't want to talk too much of this out of fear that some trend may spread from this and result in children losing fingers and one of my favorite hobbies being banned.

I actually scared off an intruder once with my "cigarette lock"(think matchlock but with a cigarette instead of a match) shorty. Nothing hit him, it was a paper blank, but apparently the tinnitus was enough for him to file a complaint at the police station, which quickly got dismissed because A: He had broken down a fucking fire door to get to me and B: It was considered a blank warning shot from what basically amounted to a super edgy muzzleloaded prop pistol(this was a very early design of mine, current ones are either touchhole fired for simplicity or piezoelectrically discharged for reliability)

>thread is called "Do you own firearms"
>You responded with " no I've never felt the need " you're a troll
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2017, 08:35:43 pm »

Why reply?

>thread is called "Do you own firearms"
>You responded with " no I've never felt the need " you're a troll

*ahem* I gave essentially the same response and nobody's calling me a troll, I even said I don't own guns either. So, not sure why you're picking on greatorder here when I gave an essentially identical response with nobody complaining.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2017, 08:36:56 pm »

Why are you saying I'm picking on greatorder when I'm making fun of Wizard for calling him a troll
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2017, 08:37:55 pm »

I think Dorsi was taking GO's side there, although it's hard to tell.
Yes, not owning or wanting firearms is, despite being wrong, still a perfectly valid answer to the OP. :P   

Fakeedit: Ah, yeah.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4