Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Vassals of Sylthas OOC [6/?] (signups temporarily closed)  (Read 5569 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Vassals of Sylthas OOC/interest check [5/?]
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 08:38:13 am »

I would hope my lands don't remain cut off from each other in the final version, makes governing them a bit tricky.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2017, 09:20:23 am »

Man, I have a lot of coast. Even as it is, the map looks great.

Avanti!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 09:24:11 am »

Noice.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2017, 10:38:45 am »

Quite liking the way this is looking so far.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2017, 10:53:00 am »

I like it. I also like my insanely high martial.

please no spies thank you. i don't want my tribe to collapse because someone told a lie once.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2017, 11:01:56 am »

I like it. I also like my insanely high martial.

please no spies thank you. i don't want my tribe to collapse because someone told a lie once.
I think your expansion will be incredibly fast and bloody, but I fear it won't last very long once you've made some scheming enemies.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2017, 11:05:36 am »

And given that overall Oldetrag comes second on martial prowess that end could well be a literal wall. Although I'm not likely to spread very fast.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2017, 12:44:51 pm »

Wealth and Economy
As most nations, Sylthas is fueled by wealth. Nobles, merchants and peasants alike require its everlasting glory. Nobles trade in gold, merchants in silver and peasants in copper or goods. Because not all wealth can be measured in gold, the Sylthan Standard was applied to measure wealth. 1 Sylthan Standard unit of Wealth equals the worth of a single coin of pure gold, weighing 8 grams. The Sylthan Bank, a large and powerful organisation, turns out the taxes of nobles in gold, selling the goods they in turn recieve for a small profit. This process is seen as automatic for most rulers in Sylthas, spare for the Ner-Ghazan, who prefer holding on to their cattle.

Rulers make money in a variety of ways. Taxes are the most important, but other ways of earning coin is possible. Wealth is used for basically everything in the game: building things, bribing, paying your soldiers. You will see that it is so useful, you wil always be in short demand of it.

Taxes (civilian)
The main source of your income will be the taxes paid to you by your civilians. All civilians are obliged to pay a share of their income to their direct ruler. This share is set to 20% by default. A regular province churns out 100 gold every season, meaning you will get 20 wealth per province you directly control. You then automatically use your combined state and personal Stewardship to increase the value of this income. It increases 3.5% for every point of Stewardship you have. So a leader with 3 Stewardship leading a nation with 2 Stewardship will turn this 20 wealth per season into (20*(0.035*[stewardship=5]+1)=) 23.5 gold per season. A significant bonus, to say the least.

Taxes (vassal) & demesne
A single leader of a large nation will never be able to fully control his provinces by himself. There's just too much work to be done. That's why every decent leader has vassals himself. From the most glorious God-emperor to the pettiest baron, all have people under them, dividing the tasks of the nation. The amount of provinces you are able to control yourself depends on the Stewardship of your leader. The base amount is one, but for every 4 stewardship points you will be able to control another province directly.

All vassals pay taxes to their liege. The default amount is 20% of their income. Direct crown vassals pay it to the king, indirect vassals pay it to their respective liege.

Army costs
Each raised soldier costs 0.01 wealth per season to maintain. Additionaly, provinces with raised levies will have a smaller income. The base tax of a province decreases with 1% for every 1% of raised soldiers. Raising all soldiers in a province will thus mean you will not garner any gold from the province as lomg as the troops remain raised. Failing to be able to pay might lead to lower morale, desertion and even revolts.

Don't worry too much about this. I'll be the one keeping track of income, expenses and current funds.

Thinking of using online google spreadsheets to allow everyone to keep track of it. It'll be easier for me that way, as I'll have the software calculate your income. Opinions on this? Thinking of using it for more, as it's easy to navigate and access, and I won't have to copy/paste everything.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2017, 12:49:59 pm »

Sounds okay to me.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2017, 12:55:31 pm »

Yeah, google spreadsheets are really helpful for forum games like this. And they're easy to google the codes and such.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 01:56:35 pm »

This one is important!
It concerns the way the players should behave ingame, so make sure to read it. Feedback is critical here, as this can make or break the game.

Communication
Communication is key to the flourishing of any civilization. So said the old kings of Sylthas, at least. The first kings had invested much in a network of paved roads. Horses were specially bred for couriers, and the courier's guild had flourished under the Luhmann-Pye rule.

Letters
Most communication between rulers in Sylthas goes through letters. Rulers will not always have the time to travel to someone else's hold to talk. Thus, letters are used to communicate. They're simple to type yourself! Just type the text of your letter between two code brackets, and state to whom the letter is sent. Example:

A message is sent to the castle of Count Sylaeth of Northern Mastovia
Code: [Select]
To Count Morgrave Sylaeth of Northern Mastovia,

Cursed are your bones. I hereby revoke your title.

Coldheartedly,
Loraeth Lumann-Pye, King of Sylthas.

Letters can be intercepted or blocked, based on intrigue skill and actions.

Personal chats
Of course, there's personal chatting too. A player can choose to visit someone, or someone can visit a player. There will also be banquets, tournaments, balls, marriages and other occasions for players to attend. Players choose their own colour for talking. Please make sure to pick one not taken yet. Benefits of personal conversations are:

-personal touch, can increase opinion of you
-harder to intercept
-if intercepted, there is no way to prove anything

Secrecy and intrigue
Things that are not 100% confidential, are to be posted in the thread. Players should know, however, that metagaming is not allowed, and will be punished. You may know that someone has recieved a marriage request because rumours quickly circulate, but you won't know every single thing that has been said, unless you're secretly eavesdropping. Non-confidential things include: public/national actions, general letters, conversations in public places and more.

Secret conversations will be done in PM, either with me or between players. Be sure to CC me in EVERY message. Not doing so will be considered metagaming, and severely punished. This is for game-related reasons (spies eavesdropping etc.). If you forget once, just send a copy/quote of the message to me.

Secret actions will also be PM'd to me.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2017, 02:02:56 pm »

So, how exactly are letters to be sent? Would we send them to you and you forward them or not depending on outside interactions or what?

Also my spelling keeps going wonky, good thing I tend to catch everything while proof reading.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2017, 02:08:27 pm »

Looks good, but what's a 'CC'?

Avanti!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2017, 02:10:29 pm »

Basically a second recipient for a message. If SMF doesn't support CC I know it can support sending a message to multiple people.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2017, 02:20:31 pm »

Basically a second recipient for a message. If SMF doesn't support CC I know it can support sending a message to multiple people.
This. Maybe SMF calls it something different but you can forward a message to multiple people. I'd like to get the messages between players too so I know what's happening.

So, how exactly are letters to be sent? Would we send them to you and you forward them or not depending on outside interactions or what?

Also my spelling keeps going wonky, good thing I tend to catch everything while proof reading.
"public" letters, those that have no real need to be kept a secret, can just be posted in the thread. Secret letters to NPC's would just be sent to me, as I represent them. Secret letters to players, or groups consisting of/containing players, would be sent directly to the players, as well as me.

If letters are intercepted, I'll send a message around. Knowledge of the letters should then be "forgotten"/retconned. I don't expect it to happen often though.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6