Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193225 times)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Spider Smash
« Reply #1245 on: July 05, 2017, 01:37:36 pm »

I think Persus is at least one (if not both) mafia and the abduct killer. But probably both. Pozzai had a weak scumread on Persus, no read that I can recall on 4mask, and scumreads on FoU and TBF. Persus also seemed to have a null-negative opinion of Pozzai. So Pozzai is a good/unlikely to be protected kill from either a 3P or mafia perspective from Persus there, in my mind. (Although, I guess it's also possible he was bodyguarding someone else and died for it ?)

Given that the mafiakill was able to be done in addition to a separate action until the start of this Day phase, I'm not sure why ability confirmation is clearing -- or is it the manner of speaking about it that you think well of? What in the Mason type log is something that you especially think Jack is unlikely to come up with as mafia?

I no longer think Hector has much 3P equity as I dunno why he'd have a protection ability in that case! Has that ever been a thing?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Spider Smash
« Reply #1246 on: July 05, 2017, 02:14:30 pm »

Wait, you're saying you think Persus is the abduct-killer? PFP, I will full read and vote in about 1.5 hrs.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Server Takeover
« Reply #1247 on: July 05, 2017, 06:41:20 pm »

You look around you. An ever-dwindling collection of girls.

Where has hector13 gone? She was here just a second ago.

You ask the Narrator to locate her, but I can't. I don't know where she went! She probably died!

This... This isn't good. Something foul runs amuck in Sundown.

hector13 has been killed!

hector13 cannot be found!

Votes Reset.

Vote Count
------------------------
flabort -
Jack A T -
Persus13 - 
Tea -
Tiruin -
TolyK -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Persus13, Tea, TolyK, Jack A T, Tiruin,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends on Thursday, July 6th around 8:00 PM CST. There is no Extension available.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Day Disappearance
« Reply #1248 on: July 05, 2017, 07:47:43 pm »

Well, I was going to comment about how activity indicates that Tea probably did that just now, but I just checked, and...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Persus has been active recently, but not made any posts recently. It's possible he used that time for PMs, or he was just logged in to read something else, like the Future of the Fortress report.

Seriously, though, two daykills in one day? Not good. Webadict With the daykill happening so close to the end of the day, I think  the extend availability counter should have been reset with the votes. And if it does, I call for an extend.

Seriously. Who killed TDS, and who killed Hector? If one of those belonged to a townie that would have been nice, but nooooo, we have neither kill being claimed, and there's only two people who's claims haven't been confirmed one way or the other by inspects and copies etc. I think between Tea and Persus, one might be an SK and the other mafia, now.

Way to keep the game interesting until the end, Wuba. I am wracking my brains for some way to resolve this.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 05, 2017, 08:23:50 pm »

Yeah, I suppose it's fair to extend the Day until Friday. I just want to make sure there's some activity before I extend it.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0
« Reply #1250 on: July 05, 2017, 08:29:16 pm »

This series of events lends credence to my Persus-is-the-mafia-abduct-killer theory.

Maybe a dead player killed TDS??

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 05, 2017, 09:10:22 pm »

Joy.  Two killers, both in the day.  The abductkiller (mafia) going after a solid townie, having already fired N1 and N3 (possibly N2 as well).  The other shooting TDS, with no other known kills but a couple possible ones.

Tiruin is neither killer, role vetted by Lengrag.  TolyK spent his day action.  Hector spent his day action and definitely isn't the abductkiller.  Flabort is not mafia, and while I cannot outright rule out him being the other killer, burning a kill on doll N1 seems a very wasteful hostile move and what we've seen of his role has been trustworthy.

That leaves two people for two killers.  (PPE: Or a corpse shot TDS, but I'm not seeing who it would be in that case.  TBF has the most open flip, but he hasn't been online since before the day started.)  I think I have pretty good odds here.  Still, I should be careful in voting.  We know the mafia can kill every cycle.  We don't know if the other killer can as well.  Best to go after the most likely mafioso first.

Tea troubles me.  The buddying feeling has weakened, but the voting behaviour is still off and scum-consistent.  However, I am more troubled by Persus.  My thoughts on Persus had been shifting for a bit before this.  The main factor protecting Persus, his death, grew weaker and now is weaker still.  Having searched through historical BYOR roles several times this game (we need an easy-to-browse archive), I'm increasingly wondering about his claim: losing almost every action after the first death makes play unusually dull afterwards.  Unusually harsh for Webadict.  The D1 voting behaviour is also quite off: voting for Fallacy, but focusing in-thread on flabort.  Supporting the latter wagon from the outside, effectively.  Great position for mafia when dealing with a wagon rolling well.

So, I'm voting Persus.

Responses later, after dinner and whatever else.

Tea: Any idea who that dead player could be?  I'm not seeing any likely ones.

Webadict: Please prod Persus.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 05, 2017, 09:39:06 pm »

There's a lot I need to respond to, but its late, so I'll post tomorrow.

Flabort, I'll target you with my randomize.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 05, 2017, 10:32:17 pm »

Tea: Any idea who that dead player could be?  I'm not seeing any likely ones.

4mask (or, less likely, FoU) could have a post-death day/mafiakill.
One of TBF's partners may have been able to talk Web into letting them submit a night action on his behalf (idk if there's any precedent for that on this site, but I've seen it happen elsewhere).
I suppose Pozzai could have one but I find it unlikely he'd have waited so long to use it.
If doll killed Persus/someone and Persus/someone has a daykill, doll could have copied that per one of his claimed abilities, but I feel like doll would have most likely used it sooner and on a different person under those circumstances.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 06, 2017, 12:52:25 am »

I'll vote for Persus too, because process of elimination. :|
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 06, 2017, 12:55:23 am »

:v
2 more to hammer Perzeus. hope he's not actually a god in disguise.

Tiruin
Also I suspect something happened but gotta boop webadict

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 06, 2017, 01:26:35 am »

Tea: 4mask is a possibility, but his role looks pretty solid as is. We can safely rule doll out, as doll hasn't visited since the 27th.  As for TBF, there is mixed Webadict precedent for submitting night actions on the behalf of teammates, but it leans towards rejection in recent games.  Might as well check, though.

I no longer think Hector has much 3P equity as I dunno why he'd have a protection ability in that case! Has that ever been a thing?
Rarely, but yes.  BYOR 9 had an SK-ally with a one-shot that made the target unkillable for a cycle.  BYOR 4 had a survivor with a more classic protect integrated into a secondary wincon.

Jack: It being 22 hours instead of 12 hours somewhat explains why you didn't extend even though Toly was p pro extension. I feel that it's odd that you weren't more focused on the extension bc you didn't post again until after [original DL] hit, but it's less slam dunk odd.
I had mixed feelings about the extension at the time, if I recall correctly.  There was still stuff to do in the day, but morale (mine included) was low and declining.  Exhaustion, frustration, anger all over.  Extension would be useful, but it would prolong and worsen anti-town and non-fun conditions.  Sleepily decided to wait and see: flabort had time, I had time.  Had I come back on with no extension and no flabort response, I probably would have voted to extend, but since there was an extension, I took the day off.

Webadict: Can scumteam members submit actions on behalf of teammates?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 06, 2017, 09:05:13 am »

Woo, web finally got back to me and...I'm stripped of defenses now \o/
Because~ I had a redirect n-shot; and SADLY GIVEN TIMING, it got processed when webby was online :v
Because that was early in the day, and it was onto Hector13.
Hah, they're totally buying my overt defense claims \o/ Thanks Lenglon-Shakerag. That worked well.
Now I can be killed in the night though .-.; the only thing that that scuffle with L-S was, was that it blocked inspects but n-shot defended from kills.

Soooo Persus13. Any last words before you revive? :V
Meaning we're not shortening nor hammering so take your time I:
Spending time. :I

And Tea is that weird abduct-killer.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 06, 2017, 09:47:05 am »

Doublepost for annoyance, but I SOMEHOW cannot even post in that bloody quicktopic anymore -_-

In the least this is a snippet I'm posting in public.
Does anyone understand why my messages are at times, being BLOCKED from posting even if there's no URL? There's no explanation and I have to go back and ctrl+a/c this to just save what I write :/
I even had the time to copy, paste, save in offline notepad++, and copy how uninformative it is.

Your message has been blocked. Please wait 2 seconds for the next page to display.

Thanks Quicktopic. -_-
*COUGH* [/totallyovert]

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 06, 2017, 03:27:57 pm »

And Tea is that weird abduct-killer.

Nope. Again, I have one usable active ability right now, and it's night-only. I don't understand the rest of this post either but maybe that's for the best.

I confirmed that if I were to absentee vote someone (when I gain access to that ability), it does not count as targeting the person I'm absentee voting, so I can't get flabort-checked that way. If there's something Jack (or anyone else) can send me to confirmably do during the Day, I'd almost definitely not hide to that end. I'm just really not that interested in not hiding just to get my vote stolen when I can do nothing besides talk and hide at that point, so. Is there a better reason not to hide tonight?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 95