Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193251 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Spider Smash
« Reply #1230 on: July 04, 2017, 10:00:29 pm »

> If he used his unblockable or action boost ability; nobody knows if it was used on them (unless...they can? Webadict: If someone was acted upon with an ability that permanently boosts them, do they get any message?)
> He wanted to kill people so he would die. So he went to kill two people, despite the two abilities he had being super more useful. o_O Probably because he was bitter (Hah, coffee)
> He could've still used those two other actions because by using Transcendence, he does pretty much die (which lets him 2-shot and otherwise so that's moot), but that means he could've done all 4 actions and die [as well as wiping out both 2 other people]

Webadict: If a person gets killed, but has a revive, what would've happened if there were TWO simultaneous kills used on them? (Because if the redirection theory is correct, that counts as two kills. Two unblockable and anything piercing kills, as redirects go before kills in the action order)
1. No.
2. They are killed, and then they revive. Assuming no other actions.

Webadict: Say the mafia mafiakilled N3.  With Spectator mode added, would they be able to mafiakill D4?
Yes, they can.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 04, 2017, 10:00:45 pm »

Sorry for the late updates, guys. I've been mega-busy.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 05, 2017, 01:53:39 am »

Psh. Don't worry about it.

So I got approached by Hector using his ability that tells me he's town. And another day ability got used on me, and I know who used it.

I think this time I'll refrain from saying exactly what abilities I gained, unless asked. But I'm 99% sure which ability came from who.

So could someone remind me of Hector's claim? I want to see if the ability I got matches up with it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 05, 2017, 02:04:21 am »

flabort: Hector's claim:
I have four abilities: Friendly Neighbour, day action, tell folk I'm town. Used on doll D1, Lengrag D2.

Protect, night action. Used on doll N1, and either Tiruin or TDS N3 (I initially PM'd Tiruin as the target, changed it to TDS, didn't bother asking webadict which was the target after Persus said they disabled TDS' auto watch)

ULTRASUPERDUPERREVIVEMOFOS, night action, 1-shot: revive all players killed during the night, used N2 'cause I'm selfish and thought I was gonna be murdered in the night.

x-shot restorer, phaseless, 1-shot: used D3 on myself.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 05, 2017, 02:07:08 am »

So I got approached by Hector using his ability that tells me he's town. And another day ability got used on me, and I know who used it.

I think this time I'll refrain from saying exactly what abilities I gained, unless asked. But I'm 99% sure which ability came from who.

So could someone remind me of Hector's claim? I want to see if the ability I got matches up with it.
Can you finally UPDATEDLY fullclaim rather than quote a claim that's a day late?

PFP
Reading over Persus and Tea and Hector AGAIN :I
Also being I: at Flabort.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 05, 2017, 02:18:32 am »

Can you finally UPDATEDLY fullclaim rather than quote a claim that's a day late?

PFP
Reading over Persus and Tea and Hector AGAIN :I
Also being I: at Flabort.
I don't see what's wrong with the claims I have been making? Including the quotes, they have been complete at the time.

But I can remind you. I am Peter Petrelli. I have Heroes, Auto, which gains me abilities when targeted or when I target someone. I used the oneshot that I started with to kill Doll, which could only be used on someone who had aided in my first death, but pierced everything except revives. N1 I gained spiders everywhere, which gave web strands to everyone who had one, and I used it on N2. Also on N1 I gained Withdrawal,  which turns me into Caffeine Withdrawal on death and redacts itself. I don't know what Caffeine Withdrawal does, but I assume it gives the abilities listed in Doll's flip. N3 I gained three abilities, probably from using web strands. The first was Bigly, from Lenglon/Shakerag, and it steals a vote. The second was Monster Within, the mafiakill which I can't use because I'm town, but it's a body-snatch. The third was Balance, from you, which makes it so I can't use the same ability twice in a row. N3 I tried to use Bigly on Tea, but they hid and it failed, so I still have that. I also gained Election, which you have, from you stealing my vote.
And finally, just now, I gained an ability from Hector's day action and TolyK's day action. Hectors is a protect, TolyK's was one he copied from someone else.

flabort: Hector's claim:
I have four abilities: Friendly Neighbour, day action, tell folk I'm town. Used on doll D1, Lengrag D2.

Protect, night action. Used on doll N1, and either Tiruin or TDS N3 (I initially PM'd Tiruin as the target, changed it to TDS, didn't bother asking webadict which was the target after Persus said they disabled TDS' auto watch)

ULTRASUPERDUPERREVIVEMOFOS, night action, 1-shot: revive all players killed during the night, used N2 'cause I'm selfish and thought I was gonna be murdered in the night.

x-shot restorer, phaseless, 1-shot: used D3 on myself.
Well, that seems fine. I got the second one of those abilities, and it's called The Best Medicine. I think Hector's probably town.

Which leaves Tea and Persus, basically, right?
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 05, 2017, 02:32:35 am »

[sneep]
So only I targeted you last night :v
And you got two things from two others.
And Hector FINALLY used his day stuff on someone but not mentioning what he did on D3? :P [I believe I might've missed it but it's not in my recall]

Literally an either/or situation because they both CLAIMED revives if either is lynched :V

Still reading up on them but I'm all umpf here, and feeling that one was fakeclaimed (or real claimed since, in checking the mafia flippers, none of them have a revive <_> OR IT WAS FLABORT WITH MAGIC ABILITY INSPECTY POWERS but yeah)
Because ruling out Hector, Tea is the only person that would've done the abductkill (and she targeted her buddy too ;~;) since Persus went ded on N1.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 05, 2017, 02:49:53 am »

[sneep]
So only I targeted you last night :v
And you got two things from two others.
And Hector FINALLY used his day stuff on someone but not mentioning what he did on D3? :P [I believe I might've missed it but it's not in my recall]
Yes. I told you that when I quoted stuff. :P Silly Tiruin.
Literally an either/or situation because they both CLAIMED revives if either is lynched :V

Still reading up on them but I'm all umpf here, and feeling that one was fakeclaimed (or real claimed since, in checking the mafia flippers, none of them have a revive <_> OR IT WAS FLABORT WITH MAGIC ABILITY INSPECTY POWERS but yeah)
Because ruling out Hector, Tea is the only person that would've done the abductkill (and she targeted her buddy too ;~;) since Persus went ded on N1.
Hmm. Where did they claim revives? That is vital information that I had missed. And definitely useful. Actually, I'll go look at their posts in isolation now, don't tell me I want to find it myself now.

Until I get back from looking at that,
Tea, Persus
The best way to prove your towniness to me right now is to either target me asap or let me know your role name; either one, and I'll be able to confirm against your claims which of you is telling the truth by tomorrow. If it's not too late for you.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 05, 2017, 03:27:16 am »

Here's what stood out to me:

Persus Disabled TDS's autos the night before, and then later in the day TDS flips third party. He also has a lame read on Tea; I get that, but rather than reading them as nuetral or null, they FoS them.  Mentions how, "If someone is daykilled, it may clear things up", idicative of a lack of knowledge about whether a mafia exists still or not; could be faked, but unlikely.
Persus's claim. Tried to block TBF N1, was killed and revived due to a two shot auto which changed his role. Has a 1-shot randomize day action. Claims if he dies he'll revive as the Third Defenestration. Can be confirmed if he uses the 1-shot randomize on me right now.

Tea Correcting Tiruin on their claim, about mixing it up with Persus's. Says their revive reloads every cycle, so we would need a night kill to kill them? Seems rather unrealistic. Responds to jack about buddying, and is very verbose explaining two passing comments.
Tea just complaining about being suspected. Immediately after, Tiruin reminds them of their claim of having abilities while dead.
Tea full claims, including role name. Calander Man. I can use my ability from TolyK (who had copied it from Tiruin before she roleswapped) to investigate them and learn for sure if they are town if they aren't lynched today. 1-shot auto that revives on death, reloads 1 cycle after being used. Hide ability, which I can confirm, and a kill and vote that can be used after death. Claims not to have used an action N1 or N2, hid on N3.

I'm all for a Tea lynch, at this point. The second linked Tea post contradicts the third linked tea post, or more accurately Tiruin's interpretation contradicts it. However, their lack of action on N1 and N2 doesn't make sense to me; why not use their hide both nights if it's not N-shot?
I'm suspecting Persus is telling the truth, but I'd like him to try and use his claimed day ability on me before we lynch anyone so that we can confirm his alignment.
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 05, 2017, 03:33:16 am »

[...]

Hmm. Where did they claim revives? That is vital information that I had missed. And definitely useful. Actually, I'll go look at their posts in isolation now, don't tell me I want to find it myself now.

Until I get back from looking at that,[...]
Persus13 has two (sorry Tea x.x)
And Tea has one, and Hector13 used his, and coincidentally Hector reminds me of Toaster due to their age and communication style. :O
And now I feel bad because I may have been disrespectful in hindsight in my games to other people and sorry .-.;

I think this was Hector13's fullclaim as far as I recall.

PPE HUMPFF you got to it before I clicked post, thanks! :I

I'm suspecting Persus is telling the truth, but I'd like him to try and use his claimed day ability on me before we lynch anyone so that we can confirm his alignment.
Persus has a day- *reads*
and a one-shot randomize day action
Oh so he's the SECOND defenestration of prague now!

Hum, if Persy does that, he's confirmed since it seems the Mafiakill was a day kill on TDS

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 05, 2017, 04:16:05 am »

#PFP

Tiruin: Hector claimed using his role reset thingy on D3.

Well, here was a part of a post I made two days ago that I thought was invalidated by the one mafiakill allowed per cycle thing in the OP:

Quote from: OldTea
FallacyOfUrist had the following: (1-Shot, Mafiakill) Server Ban [target]: Kill the target. If the target would resurrect, you steal that ability first.
4maskwolf had the following: (1-Shot, Mafiakill) The Monster Within [target]: Convert the target to your alignment. If this action succeeds, you die and give the player this role. You roleflip as the converted player’s role and alignment.

I suspect that the abduction kill, rather than stemming from a 3rd party, is actually an (X-Shot, Mafiakill) [target] that kills the target and delays their flip for one phase. Mafiakills having weird effects seeming to be a theme is my main reason for feeling that way.

If this is the case, then this very likely means that doll was redirected to kill Persus, and that one of the following things occurred N2:
-> (1) The Monster Within was used on hector, who had good interactions with flipped scum and had used a friendly neighbor abilities; he could fakeclaim that 4mask's initial monster role had a roleswapping thing (similar to Tiruin's initial role)
-> (2) Mafia!TBF's X-Shot was used
-> (3) For whatever reason, they just regularly mafia killed or something else I don't understand

If I'm incorrect, then (FMPOV) the 3P abduction killer is always either Hector (due to not being confirmed as doing anything else N1/N3) or Persus (only person who is confirmed as doing other things that I'm not convinced by their claim that they're unlikely to be able to do multiple actions in one phase). If I am correct and it's from the mafia, then it's either Persus or Jack

~

Having looked up the wikipedia article for the Prague Defenestrations, it's not intuitive to me why the first one would be associated with protect/block, so I'd like flavor explanations for that from Persus.

Flabort - I'm Calendar Man, as previously claimed. I do not currently have any usable abilities that can target other people. I will have to ask how my absentee vote, which I receive after dying once, would interact with your role (whether it just counts as me targeting the vote count, or would count as targeting you). I believe Persus also claimed his role name today.

Jack:

The top tier of my reads list meant "if I knew for a fact that mafia was the only antitown faction remaining in this game, I would be content literally never lynching these people."

Next tier was like, I feel like I have good reasons to believe these two are not mafia (Persus would be hellbussing + assumption that he was killed by the mafia N1; DarkStar<->TBF interactions looked great), but also some reservations.

Your tier was like, I can see how the pushes you made D1-D3 are pro-scum. But I don't find your manner of play anywhere near as actively implausible coming from a town perspective as any flipped mafia. To say it another way, with the axioms I went into the day with, you best fit as a fourth scum, but I wasn't/am not totally confident that those axioms were the right ones.

I don't have access to the same information that TolyK and Tiruin do that makes them townread you. I wish they'd expand upon that rather than just being like, "it'd be funny/sad if he's scum cuz we're planning together!" "we made lots of posts so I think we're all town" etc.

I think I'm at, like, 65/33/2 on Persus/ Jack / {others} being mafia ATM? I think Persus's claim is scummier, my gut thinks Persus is most likely to shoot DarkStar there, I think I mainly townread him but for dying N1 which I have my doubts about now, and I don't like his lazy stance on me today.

flabort- If I'm lynched, it doesn't reload until the end of the next day. So I can die forever from being lynched two days in a row, in addition to what you were saying. Blame Web if you don't like how it's worded!

Jack: It being 22 hours instead of 12 hours somewhat explains why you didn't extend even though Toly was p pro extension. I feel that it's odd that you weren't more focused on the extension bc you didn't post again until after [original DL] hit, but it's less slam dunk odd.

Wrt not emphasizing disagreements- the things I disagreed with you about I was either (1) already explaining/you were engaging with me about (that I was seeing non-TolyK-related alignment indicative stuff) or (2) perceiving as preliminary-ish impressions on your end that I was more interested in just seeing where they went? If I was avoiding conflict with you it was a subconscious thing.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 05, 2017, 04:30:35 am »

flabort: As previously explained, I didn't hide N1 because if I were to be nightkilled I thought it would be more useful to know that and be somewhat more vulnerable than to have hid from it. I also wasn't really expecting to be the target of anything super negative bc I felt like most people were reading me as "new and seems ok"; not who scum or 3P would wanna really cripple. I ended up getting my vote stolen, which made me really mad.

I didn't hide N2 because Lengrag had said that they could give me my vote back, which I didn't want to interfere with.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 05, 2017, 04:33:02 am »

flabort: As previously explained, I didn't hide N1 because if I were to be nightkilled I thought it would be more useful to know that and be somewhat more vulnerable than to have hid from it. I also wasn't really expecting to be the target of anything super negative bc I felt like most people were reading me as "new and seems ok"; not who scum or 3P would wanna really cripple. I ended up getting my vote stolen, which made me really mad.

I didn't hide N2 because Lengrag had said that they could give me my vote back, which I didn't want to interfere with.
Well, N2 you were bamboozled, because unless made permanent a stolen vote goes back at the end of a day.
The Cyan Menace

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 05, 2017, 06:47:26 am »

PFP

Lots of activity through the night.

I did use my x-shot restorer/role reset thing on D3.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 05, 2017, 10:46:13 am »

Blrble this connection I can't even--time to try Wifi in the morrow at public places on phone x.x no quotes but here from then on because bad net!

[lots of ideas and a good query on me and TolyK poking Jack as town reads that aren't probably that refined in public]
I think I'm at, like, 65/33/2 on Persus/ Jack / {others} being mafia ATM? I think Persus's claim is scummier, my gut thinks Persus is most likely to shoot DarkStar there, I think I mainly townread him but for dying N1 which I have my doubts about now, and I don't like his lazy stance on me today.[lots of nice ideas]
It's more like, I've a full mason-ish log of them two. I see them interacting that claims and confirms things done at night [ie TolyK going "I received this! from you", and Jack is, as he claimed back there {Bad net, can't link due to not loading; searchword: "Rifle"}, a giver of things]
That's what co-confirms me on the both of them UNLESS ONE OF THEM IS A THIRD-PARTEE O_O but that's my humor paranoia'ing me

Otherwise, could I question your vote target? If Persus was who you believe he is...what can you explain the abduct-kill on?
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 95