Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193288 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Server Takeover
« Reply #1140 on: June 28, 2017, 10:04:52 pm »

Tea I tried to target you last night, with a vote steal. Instead my action failed, and... well, there's really no point to me voting you because my vote was stolen instead! But, I want to make it clear that I am very suspicious of you right now, and I'm going to do a Posts in Isolation post on you later.

Everyone, especially Webadict Waiting on Webadict to tell me about any abilities I may have gained. Until I get a response, I'm not assuming anything, but I am theorizing that it's possible that I was blocked? No, blocks would not say "your action has failed", iirc.

TheDarkStar I have to take the time to re-read what you've done and haven't done.
Tiruin Well, with 4mask flipping with the abilities I was suspicious you had, you're pretty much in the clear in my eyes.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 28, 2017, 10:35:58 pm »

I was actually planning on asking if there was any sort of precedent for 4 mafia with this # of players at daystart. It does appear that that's the case which is a good thing IMO. Stumbling around 3P hunting is not rly my idea of a good time.

My view of the game state:

TolyK - if this dude's scum with FoU my mind will explode.
Tiruin - Lengrag said so + her interactions with TBF/4mask led me to believe this anyways
hector13 - very probable friendly neighbor; also spent D1 pushing, like, only FoU and TBF, and doesn't even remember this well enough to feel like he's done anything this game which is not the attitude of a suicidal busser like... ever?? the lengrag push D2 seems more paranoid town??

flabort (i need an inbetween green color) - he's wearing his heart on his sleeve and liveblogging all of his thoughts and mod questions....so just town, i think, having gotten some emotional space.

TheDarkStar - Ok like, I've only ever seen him be scum, and he tends to ignore the shit out of his buddies and push low hanging fruit. the fact that he legit wanted to kill TBF D1 when he could've put more effort into shading people like me/Pozzai makes me think he's town. if his post count was higher i feel like i'd be able to lock him either way tho; just can't quite get there as is.
Persus13 - May or may not have legit died n1; pretty good FoU interactions + very townsided assessments of the game throughout. For some reason I feel like it's more possible that role shenanigans would lead him to try to be the scum to make it to endgame than p much anyone, but I don't find it that likely.

Jack A T - TBH this is more of a lack of a townread than a scumread but I can see how pushing me D1 --> flabort ---> hopping on FoU after doll-Leng-etc. camp started pushing FoU is advantageous for scum. Him using a helpful night action on 4mask, who he had as null in a readlist mid-day1, is mildly indicative of them as partners. If there's super special TolyK reasons that I'm wrong on this I'd like to hear it.

vote Jack A T

PPE: Yo flabort, as previously claimed I am planning on hiding for the rest of the game unless someone convinces me not to. I did last night. It will also take at least 2 day phases worth of stuff to kill me FYI because I revive on death (also as previously claimed).

Also please do read my posts. Kinda feels like no one remembers them X_X.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 28, 2017, 10:45:05 pm »

Why not? 4mask did it to FoU when FoU was less than useless.
4mask made this really big weird show of questioning FoU about the "nyah" thing before pretendvoting him, as well as paid no attention to FoU until literally mid-D2 despite him being a main wagon D1.

flabort's 4mask case was fine imo. Was there something that pinged you about it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 28, 2017, 10:45:51 pm »

Well that rather strongly hints at another scum player still in the game. From the flavour it also appears like the last one.

Also, Tiruin apparently stole my vote, so that's awesome. Understandable, but still totally awesome.

I'm inclined to see Persus and TDS as Town, Tiruin and flabsy as maybe-probably, Jack a little less so 'cause of their vote on TDS toward D2 end of which I was not a fan; watcher and fracker are, imo, very easy to mix up. Not so sure about Tolyk.

That leaves Tea, and I guess me, 'cause I haven't really done anything.

Okay, let's do this from the other side and see how we do, since I'm second-guessing myself on this from thinking who's town.

Flabort was D1 lynch, unlikely to be a bus that early. Has been collecting abilities from other players, one of which was the mafiakill of 4masks, implying he was acted on by the mafia, thus unlikely to be mafia. Could've been a means by which the scum make more copies of 1-shots, though, so perhaps not so solid a read.

Persus was an N1 NK, unlikely to be scum, as was I N2, the only one. Doesn't clear me as I could've been killed with the knowledge I had a revive to give me some towncred.

I would like to point out Tiruin claimed to be the originator of flabort's Balance auto, in which it says they can't use the same ability ability two times in a row, though also claimed to never have acted on him. This means Tiruin was redirected onto flabort or flabort targeted Tiruin, or something to do with the webs that I'm not sure about since I'm unapologetically not paying much attention to things.

Anyway, the body snatching kill thing happened N1, not on N2, and then on N3. Could be a Balance influenced thing, maybe just coincidence.

Tiruin also stole the role of Lengrag, who claimed to have super-duper LYLO breaking powers, which seemed like a quite ridiculous thing to do. They're now dead, after at least Lenglon was put into a QT with Tolyk. This all makes me feel very uneasy about Tiruin.

Tolyk is not scum, 'cause FoU was on their bum all game. I very much dislike their non-use of their vote though.

TDS has been claiming to be a watcher/tracker dude, who was redirected by mafia, and if they did would come up with a better excuse between them than what 4mask did. It seems quite unlikely that mafia would redirect mafia, so it's quite unlikely TDS is scum.

Tea called the scum team as we know it here. This could quite easily be an opportunistic bus seeing as how FoU was revealed scum, and 4mask and TBF dropped off the face of the Earth on D3, while we were all happily thinking this was a 3-scum game. FoU may've knackered it though, since there's no reason for him to have chosen the two game modes he did if there was no scum left. Then again, there's not much to choose from. FoU's flip here.

I'm thinking Tea just has good instincts there. Seemed pretty sold on FoU's lynch D2, I'm not sure Tea (or anyone, really) would bus their scum buddies  on two consecutive days this early. That seems like madness, but I've never played with Tea before. They seem pragmatically analytical though, which leads me to believe mad gambits are uncommon in their play.

Jack is someone I don't like, but I can't explain why (gut feeling, need to read posts) and it's goddamn late so I'm going to bed.

Er... some order, in this lost... I don't know yet. Will read again tomorrow at some point.

If I had a vote, probably be voting Jack or Tea at this point, leaning on Jack, this prior to looking into things though, so perhaps that's the uncertainty talking. My gut apparently wants Tea to be town though, and Jack to be scum, so bugger it I'll be more certain:

Jack

PPE: I'll get to that question tomorrow/later, Tea.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 28, 2017, 10:47:06 pm »

So, like, do we get two "bah" posts?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 28, 2017, 10:55:44 pm »

Actually, wait. 4mask would be insane to make a huge case on his partner flabort D1 when FoU and TBF are the other wagons at the time. Flabort's not mafia.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 28, 2017, 11:22:29 pm »

Yay insomnia.

I won't read stuff tonight, but will kinda contextualise my "let's look at people as potential scum" as being done kind of in isolation, and Tiruin should be added as a potential votee at the end of it, meaning the order would be Jack, Tir, and Tea.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:51 pm »

PFPFP
Also, Tiruin apparently stole my vote, so that's awesome. Understandable, but still totally awesome.
I um, can't read sarcasm, so either you're happy I did something that contra-'d what you did, or you're happy that I did something? o_O Also I vote stole all of y'all (the failure rate is 1/# of persons targeted), meaning 1/5.
I vote-steal-shot 5 people; literally everyone not in TolyK's mason chat. Lenglon-Shakerag and Jack A T are in the chat with me and TolyK. Because non-mason chat :P (Actually given what TolyK said, he can invite literally anyone o_O)
Something very interesting. I've the exact role that lets me steal votes; however I do not know who I stole them from (I got a 'You gained a vote (x Total). You gained a vote (x Total).' so...as Lenglon-Shakerag is abducted (SO THERE'S AN ESS KAY!), I am super curious as to what's going on as somehow Lenglon-Shakerag got notes on who they targeted but I did not. Or at least webby messed up the results PM but still. :v

Also Jack A T: What happened to you and your night action.

So three of the Mafia team are dead, but the game isn't over. But the after death shenanigans seem to imply theres a Mafia player that's still alive. So there's two main possibilities here, that one Mafia player is remaining, or there are no Mafia players left and all that's left is a third party. The lack of a second kill again could support this. Or the second N1 was a one shot. At any rate, if someone is daykilled, it may clear things up.
[...]
Tea - I can't remember anything except they were also being frustrated by this game. I'll need to fix that
[...]
Tea You said you control the dead; the 'dead FoU' is still bloody acting.
BUT, Persus; I don't see how it implies a Mafia still alive. The rule is in action and seems isolated from whether Mafia live or not?

Also dudes, turn your pages to Night 1. There was a kill--Persus absorbed it in his face, and then there's the abduct-kill(Presumed kill because Pozzai died the next night; N2).
SOMEHOW this is working again rather than disappearing N1.
SOMEHOW some stuff happened between then and now that didn't let it occur on N2/N3 if I presume it hit only on N1.

Also seriously people haven't fullclaimed yet. Hector, Persus, Tea, TolyK (Or at least, Tea and TolyK didn't do it in a nice list format :P)
NEXT
Webadict:
Quote from: OP Rules
- I cannot answer questions about player's roles unless that player's role is available to be seen (i.e. Roleflips.) I cannot answer questions about your role in thread. I can, however, answer generic questions. I will simply ask you to rephrase the question, if I deem the question is bad.
When people submit roles for this BYOR; is it possible for them to not be given any abilities at all?

Tea I tried to target you last night, with a vote steal. Instead my action failed, and... well, there's really no point to me voting you because my vote was stolen instead! But, I want to make it clear that I am very suspicious of you right now, and I'm going to do a Posts in Isolation post on you later.

Everyone, especially Webadict Waiting on Webadict to tell me about any abilities I may have gained. Until I get a response, I'm not assuming anything, but I am theorizing that it's possible that I was blocked? No, blocks would not say "your action has failed", iirc.
Fullclaim it when done.

I doooo! D: But I kinda forget more if it's not organized in a list--I do remember you have an ability to Hide, and to affect the ded.

Jack is someone I don't like, but I can't explain why (gut feeling, need to read posts) and it's goddamn late so I'm going to bed.

Er... some order, in this lost... I don't know yet. Will read again tomorrow at some point.

If I had a vote, probably be voting Jack or Tea at this point, leaning on Jack, this prior to looking into things though, so perhaps that's the uncertainty talking. My gut apparently wants Tea to be town though, and Jack to be scum, so bugger it I'll be more certain:

Jack

PPE: I'll get to that question tomorrow/later, Tea.
I am...curious.
But something happened last night that blocked some people if I infer right and, I do await TDS' post and the rest (TolyK and Jack) as it seems everyone else has posted.

Hector/Persus/Tea; what did you do last night and why haven't you claimed it in the day?

So, like, do we get two "bah" posts?
Was this one of them? :P
Also yes, you're effectively two players always--it's just that you conjoin and be 'one target'

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 29, 2017, 12:11:52 am »

Can I just mention how salty I am about FoU's post death ability?
We really have to kill the last remaining mafioso twice, and they kill during the day now?

At least it's unlikely to fire off until the first votecount. And if it doesn't fire off during that first vote count, we can look at who's been inactive to test suspects. Or, if it does, we can look at who HAS been active.

Tea: I... see. Yeah, I had forgotten that you were planning on hiding. Um, I'm still suspicious about the revive thing, though. It could be you used Survival mode to hide and use your mafiakill, so that when your teammate changed the mode it wouldn't affect you during the night, and it could be changed to today. Furthermore, now you can repeat the kill during the day, and nobody would be suspicious when there's no kill at night later, because the mafiakill is now a day ability.
However, hiding is usually a pro-town power (Hector, Jack, you are good at digging up past Wuba games. Any where the mafia could hide?). Aaand my action failing pretty much confirms that you indeed were hiding, so I'll trust that you aren't lying about your role. Which pretty much makes you pro-town right now, with a very slim chance of being nasty.

Reads (summary, lazy, will probably do longer reads later)
Myself: Duh.
Tea: Thinking about it, their claim makes sense, and I pretty much confirmed it last night.
Tiruin: Every case I had which pointed to them being scum has been since contradicted with new evidence. Especially 4mask's flip.
Hector While I need to reanalyze them, I feel I can trust them.
Persus I'll be honest, I pretty much ignored them day 3, and I don't remember what my stance on them before was, so I really, really need to go over everything again.
Jack AT Ditto Persus
TolyK Well, their plan/idea definitely isn't going to work out (and would have lead to a mafia win), their experiment on me hasn't happened yet or failed somehow, and finding mafia was less interesting than breaking the system.
TheDarkStar Only active towards the end of Day 3, hardly active during Day 2, and pretty active Day 1 but hardly productive. Definitely need to go over each of their posts one by one, and soon.

I also want to mention, Lenglon-Shakerag died the same way that Pozzai did. That is definitely the mafiakill, or there's an SK. Which indicates that the kill on Persus was not the mafiakill, unless the SK is the abductor. Likely we will get a useful answer out of someone's claimed abilities. Jack's, for example.

Summary of claims I remember/can find:
Me: modified JOAT, gain powers from targeting or being targeted. Town, but also alternate win condition of having powers from all living players.
Tiruin: swapped roles with Lenglon-shakerag, which we know is "fairly defensible" and has a vote steal, which I have a copy of (because failed actions aren't used up). I can confirm the existance of the votesteal.
Lengrag(dead): Tiruin claimed her old role for them, so likely what they had. Modified JOAT what with that auto,[/url] and they didn't deny the claim, and I can confirm the existence of the auto.
Jack AT: Crazy long role name, can shoot ammo at people granting them abilities. Can currently target 3? people each night with that, can upgrade ammo/targets during the day. Personally cannot confirm any of this.
TDS: Sees who visits him, tracks someone, has a day ability that Wuba will announce when it's used, 1-shot inspect. Personally cannot confirm any of this.
TolyK: The ability to copy an ability from 1 person and the ability to distribute it to another. Also an experiment which I have no clue if it worked or not, or what it was. Distributes QTs, or was that someone else? Personally cannot confirm any of this.
Tea: A reloadable revive and fun post-death abilities, only night action lets them hide, when dead has a kill and a vote. I can confirm the existence of the hiding, though I have no ability from them that I know of.
Persus: Gives beer cans.
Hector: Had a revive.

So nobody has claimed the source of the web strands ability I got, but if I am to assume that nobody action-ed me N2 and all my gained actions that night were from the Web Strands ability, then Tiruin, Lengrag, and 4mask had all been given web strands. Tiruin is the only one with webstrands left, it would seem.

Hector, Persus I would like more information about your roles, please. The mass claim basically happened, but you didn't participate.

PPE:
PFPFP
I um, can't read sarcasm, so either you're happy I did something that contra-'d what you did, or you're happy that I did something? o_O Also I vote stole all of y'all (the failure rate is 1/# of persons targeted), meaning 1/5.
I vote-steal-shot 5 people; literally everyone not in TolyK's mason chat. Lenglon-Shakerag and Jack A T are in the chat with me and TolyK. Because non-mason chat :P (Actually given what TolyK said, he can invite literally anyone o_O)
Something very interesting. I've the exact role that lets me steal votes; however I do not know who I stole them from (I got a 'You gained a vote (x Total). You gained a vote (x Total).' so...as Lenglon-Shakerag is abducted (SO THERE'S AN ESS KAY!), I am super curious as to what's going on as somehow Lenglon-Shakerag got notes on who they targeted but I did not. Or at least webby messed up the results PM but still. :v
That is not consistent with Bigly, the ability I got from Lenglon-Shakerag who claimed I had the ability exactly as it came from them.
Furthermore, what makes you think there's an SK, not a fourth mafioso? Why would FoU use the ability he used posthumously to protect the remaining mafia if there were no remaining mafia?

While my previous cases on you are void, this makes me worry again.

Also seriously people haven't fullclaimed yet. Hector, Persus, Tea, TolyK (Or at least, Tea and TolyK didn't do it in a nice list format :P)
I doooo! D: But I kinda forget more if it's not organized in a list--I do remember you have an ability to Hide, and to affect the ded.
That is not what Tea claimed, as far as I saw. They claimed they have ways to avoid dying, at night they can hide to avoid being actioned on, and they have a reusable revive. When they are dead, they gain a kill and can PM a vote. That sounds like a fullclaim to me.
I never saw them being able to claim the dead when I went back to make this post and collect/collate claims.

Fullclaim it when done.
Obviously. But Wuba needs to respond.
I am...curious.
But something happened last night that blocked some people if I infer right and, I do await TDS' post and the rest (TolyK and Jack) as it seems everyone else has posted.

Hector/Persus/Tea; what did you do last night and why haven't you claimed it in the day?

Tea hid. I can confirm, because my vote steal failed. Persus hasn't claimed their action last night because they haven't posted yet, and Hector has only posted that they haven't had time to read yet. So patience.
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 29, 2017, 12:50:28 am »

Spectator - The Mafiakill is a Day action.
Wow this is bloody annoying.

Tea, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 29, 2017, 01:15:47 am »

That is not what Tea claimed, as far as I saw. They claimed they have ways to avoid dying, at night they can hide to avoid being actioned on, and they have a reusable revive. When they are dead, they gain a kill and can PM a vote. That sounds like a fullclaim to me.
I never saw them being able to claim the dead when I went back to make this post and collect/collate claims.
You can easily see their post history, and...yeah, I misremembered her theme versus her claim.
Tiruin Well, with 4mask flipping with the abilities I was suspicious you had, you're pretty much in the clear in my eyes.
...? o_O I claimed the Auto of Balance.
...And I forgot on if you got your answer on being able to grab autos but please link it for me since I can't find it somehow.

Also what were you suspicious about anyway?

Also my above post was a reaction to the impression that Tea did stuff.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 29, 2017, 01:19:47 am »

Tiruin I had been suspicious both the webs and monster within ability had come from you. Obviously not.
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 29, 2017, 01:26:23 am »

:v I dislike chain posting for myself, but I keep pressing post instead of preview :I
Also the above 'impression' to clarify, was me acting on the vague idea that Tea affects or lets the dead affect the game. And given my view on her as towny led to the reactionist "Wat".

Extend

I also want to mention, Lenglon-Shakerag died the same way that Pozzai did. That is definitely the mafiakill, or there's an SK. Which indicates that the kill on Persus was not the mafiakill, unless the SK is the abductor. Likely we will get a useful answer out of someone's claimed abilities. Jack's, for example.
[NOBODY claimed yet anything on this. Tea; Hector; Persus; TolyK, haven't claimed. Action claims too, aren't yet done. I claimed all of mine :V
And yes last night I Bigly'd y'all not in TolyK's chat.
PPE:
PFPFP
That is not consistent with Bigly, the ability I got from Lenglon-Shakerag who claimed I had the ability exactly as it came from them.
Furthermore, what makes you think there's an SK, not a fourth mafioso? Why would FoU use the ability he used posthumously to protect the remaining mafia if there were no remaining mafia?

While my previous cases on you are void, this makes me worry again.
REELY? O_O
(Night) Bigly [target]: Steal the target’s vote(s) for the next Day Phase. You may choose to destroy this ability to make your steal permanent. These votes return if you die.
What 'isn't consistent' with Bigly? That's exactly what I got and I shared the full roles I have (had have, and now have) on TolyK-chat, so at least 2 people can reconfirm me :P
Also to copy from said chat-chat:
 I've done some thinking--let's put (or at least for me) the benefit of the doubt that there is ONE Mafia left. Because, and this is why I believe this, while Webadict sorta-modconfirmed a death, there was something weird with the role and stuff (He flipped Mafia. He flipped blank. He also flipped something explicitly silly and referencing TBF's name or such--somehow I had a random thought that there's stuff to Jack A T because my earliest impression when I got the Foam Finger was "...did someone make a role about pre-game talks?" :P)

So I'm of the impression that there's still a Mafia alive--there are DEAD shenanigans [seriously those people got modkilled/LYNCHED, what is this unless someone stole FoU's DAY ACTION AND USED IT AT THE START OF DAY 4]
Meaning yeah there is a 4th Mafia alive and I'm moreso acting on information we discussed in TolyK chat :v

I mean, I was with the impression that 'hey all 3 maffy are dead and I'm assuming there's 3 mafia' through the night :V That's retention for ya.

Tiruin I had been suspicious both the webs and monster within ability had come from you. Obviously not.
Um...how does this make sense, when you obviously noticed the MW was a Mafiakill?
I mean it sounds like Shelob of LotR, but I'd never pick something spidery unless I had a good reason to do so.
That and if you were suspicious...that's MAFIAKILL emboldened there. There should be a degree MORE than suspicious :P

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 29, 2017, 01:32:25 am »

You just aren't paying attention to the game, are you Tiruin?

Don't you remember when I was voting you because you had to be mafia? That was when I thought the Strings and Monster Within were yours.

As for why Bigly contradicts what you said, Bigly targets a single person, not X people. And it does not have the failure chance you described on the vote steal ability in that post which Bigly contradicts.
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 29, 2017, 01:36:07 am »

You just aren't paying attention to the game, are you Tiruin?

Don't you remember when I was voting you because you had to be mafia? That was when I thought the Strings and Monster Within were yours.
...I still don't get how you reasoned that they were mine. :v

That's me paying attention to the game.
...Unless I missed your reasoning [sorry x.x]

As for why Bigly contradicts what you said, Bigly targets a single person, not X people. And it does not have the failure chance you described on the vote steal ability in that post which Bigly contradicts.
. . .HOW does that contradict what I said when I swapped Lenglon-Shakerag's role?
Also the failure change is from another ability, not part of Bigly :P The exact quote that I wrote is Bigly in full as is; if there's any weirdness, please boop the Tiruin.
Cuz I'm all :v at you...r claim?

Ninjedit: ...And then I realized I'm doing that thing again with my parsing that it is a single-target thing, and that my power to hit multiple people on a multiplication/dividend is part of another ability.
Yay Tiruin. Go wordings. Your languaging is betterish if Englished more.
>_>
I am shame.

To clarify my thought process overall regardless of game/alignment/whatever: I read things, vividly memorize, thent ranslate to understanding. That understanding is then used rather than its first rote context. :V
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 95