Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193589 times)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #1095 on: June 24, 2017, 11:31:15 pm »

Toly thinks the mafia team is FoU/4mask/DarkStar. I think it's more likely to be FoU/4mask/TBF mostly because DarkStar's treatment of 4mask D1 was a lot more negative than I think would be a good move for them. Anyone else have thoughts?
How do you know this? o_O [did I miss something from TolyK?]

Tiruin: You've claimed that you were blocked but (according to 4mask) I saw you act. At the very least, I'd like a full description of what you did last night.
This post, among others, leads me to believe that TDS and 4mask are mafia.

Tiruin: Who do you think is most likely mafia?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 24, 2017, 11:33:07 pm »

Oops PFP didn't mean to put the question in the quote.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 24, 2017, 11:36:16 pm »

I am very much aware that people can be lying about their intentions, which is all the more worrying that you guys seem quite content to put your genitals in each other's mouths, come what may. Pun intended.

It is quite difficult for me to be motivated to play the game normally when this nonsense is being mooted and apparently accepted as the way forward, regardless of how slowly it'll roll on. Some of you are probably genuinely committed to this, which means you have no interest in figuring out alignments, which means we'll essentially have two games going on of all you with your crotches in your faces and the rest of us wondering what the point of trying anymore is.

My interest now is solely I n arguing over this, rather than alignment seeking stuff. That interest would be there regardless of alignment, because "everybody wins" fundamentally goes against what I find entertaining about mafia.

I played one game of mafia in which everybody won, and (sorry flabort) it was the most unsatisfying game of mafia I think I will ever play.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 25, 2017, 12:35:21 am »

I am very much aware that people can be lying about their intentions, which is all the more worrying that you guys seem quite content to put your genitals in each other's mouths, come what may. Pun intended.
:V
Pun not taken.
You're focusing too much on the impression.
Also you gave me culture shock.

Toly thinks the mafia team is FoU/4mask/DarkStar. I think it's more likely to be FoU/4mask/TBF mostly because DarkStar's treatment of 4mask D1 was a lot more negative than I think would be a good move for them. Anyone else have thoughts?
How do you know this? o_O [did I miss something from TolyK?]

Tiruin: You've claimed that you were blocked but (according to 4mask) I saw you act. At the very least, I'd like a full description of what you did last night.
This post, among others, leads me to believe that TDS and 4mask are mafia.

Tiruin: Who do you think is most likely mafia?

There's TDS but I'm still referring to my earlier list >_> There is SOMEONE being covert, as I assume 3 Mafia.
Someone that isn't 4mask.
Who is most likely Mafia. :v [4mask]

It is quite difficult for me to be motivated to play the game normally when this nonsense is being mooted and apparently accepted as the way forward, regardless of how slowly it'll roll on. Some of you are probably genuinely committed to this, which means you have no interest in figuring out alignments, which means we'll essentially have two games going on of all you with your crotches in your faces and the rest of us wondering what the point of trying anymore is.
That's TolyK for you. We're not him :P

My interest now is solely I n arguing over this, rather than alignment seeking stuff. That interest would be there regardless of alignment, because "everybody wins" fundamentally goes against what I find entertaining about mafia.

I played one game of mafia in which everybody won, and (sorry flabort) it was the most unsatisfying game of mafia I think I will ever play.
So this one game represents all others? :P
Seriously, context. This is ALL THE MORE ENTERTAINING because while I am being overtly open to the plan, I'm all [THERES SPIES THERE] in people trying to ruin it. It paves an open path for others to know what actions do what, and the knowledge of all these massclaim-inferences tell me that there's a gordian knot of fun in doing that.
So therein it's not that it became more 'bland' because of ANXIETY [because anxiety is, actually, a futuristic thing], it's that there IS a path that people know the end goal of.

Getting to that area, anywhere in between, is the fun.
I mean, it's the journey that counts too.

It's like you've caught up too much on the impression :v
Thanks Tea; I'd LOVE FOR TOLYK to expound on that N2 thingy to me though :V He didn't say nuffin!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 25, 2017, 01:02:53 am »

Apologies, I tend not to pull punches (well... I am, but only the endless swearing I would otherwise do) when I'm in a bad mood. Graphic metaphor is something I indulge in during those instances.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by impression; I am mostly worried about my enjoyment of the game (which was rapidly approaching nil, perhaps moving slowly away from it for the moment) and a repeat of the unsatisfying nature of flabort's "everybody wins", which was unsatisfying by dint of everyone winning. The journey for me will suck ass not be enjoyed, because the destination sucks ass is entirely unappealing.

The biggest issues with the two plans we have is:

Katamari: scum: "let's have all the townies be one thing so we can kill them all with one action"

Monster Within: takes too pissing long, scum win, which goes against my current wincon.

I mean this all kinda boils down to what y'all find entertaining. For me, this is not, hence my ultra-butthurt and incessant whining on the matter.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 25, 2017, 01:30:52 am »

Katamari: scum: "let's have all the townies be one thing so we can kill them all with one action"
Hence why I suggested me going first, because I'll startbeing an armored katamari :P
But yeah <_< The long way is I'll be last and I'll just sit here and be a wall.

So are we voting for 4mask or not? He's coincidentally outed as scum thanks to both Flabort, and Persus for quoting it and connecting the dots.

Also goodness I killed that quote back there.

Monster Within: takes too pissing long, scum win, which goes against my current wincon.

I mean this all kinda boils down to what y'all find entertaining. For me, this is not, hence my ultra-butthurt and incessant whining on the matter.
It's more like making a goal in the future, wherein any/all folks who can get it accomplished will help. Others will form a defensive perimeter around. :P
Spoiler: Fixed it (click to show/hide)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 25, 2017, 07:33:39 am »

Webadict: Can a Mafia convert to a Town alignment and vice versa? May we know the situations wherein alignment conversion will fail because of incompatible alignments (If any; and if any, can you state them?)
Anti-Town alignments cannot be changed. Town may convert to Mafia, but Mafia cannot convert to Town. This is because Anti-Town players (Mafia, Sk, Cult, Lyncher, and Assassin) have the problem of information not present to the uninformed majority.

Also, because I have no idea why you think I would put an everyone wins condition in a BYOR. I will absolutely guarantee that there is no such thing available in this game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 25, 2017, 07:54:44 am »

SO! How's about that Katamari-Tiruin hum? :D

Also totally lynch 4mask dudes. Ya dun wan be Maffya. :I

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 25, 2017, 08:16:05 am »

Tiruin was just modconfirmed to be town. I was just modconfirmed to have started the game as town.

If Tir was anti-town she couldn't have the ability to swap roles with me pre-fusion then use the fuse to change alignments to town.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 25, 2017, 08:21:38 am »

I can make bad choices as town too! >_<

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 25, 2017, 09:38:54 am »

Tiruin was just modconfirmed to be town. I was just modconfirmed to have started the game as town.

If Tir was anti-town she couldn't have the ability to swap roles with me pre-fusion then use the fuse to change alignments to town.

So you can prove that the ability isn't a red herring for you, and that the mafia/anti-town don't have role (notably not alignment, byraway) swapping abilities?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 25, 2017, 10:00:20 am »

EBWOP

That last part doesn't make sense, mornings. Yas.

Makes more sense as a question directed at webadict anyway:

webadict: if an anti-town faction has received an alignment-changing ability like Lenglon's fusion ability - which is claimed to change the user's alignment to the target's alignment - what would happen if said anti-town faction used it on a town player?

Could any anti-town faction/player start this game with an alignment-swapping ability?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 25, 2017, 11:41:48 am »

So you can prove that the ability isn't a red herring for you, and that the mafia/anti-town don't have role (notably not alignment, byraway) swapping abilities?
This could be useful to know, since Flabort's claiming he recieved a mafia kill that can swap roles.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 25, 2017, 12:00:08 pm »

1-shot, mafiakill (gained N2): Monster Within: Convert target to your alignment, if successful you die and flip as their role + alignment, they gain this role.

Just as a reminder, this is flabort's claimed ability there.

So... my interpretation is that it converts the "kill" to mafia, while the user dies and flips as the role and alignment of the target. The target gains the role, presumably meaning that particular 1-shot mafiakill.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, this would only make sense as something for an individual player to do if they retained their original alignment, as a mafia player choosing to use this and no longer being part of the mafia would be quite silly. Except if the mafia is losing, and they decide they don't want to be on the losing team no more.

Also we may need to figure out how this interacts with revives/resurrections.

Anyway, given that webadict seems as disinclined as I do for an "everyone wins" scenario, this particular ability feels more and more likely to be made up.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 25, 2017, 12:07:32 pm »

EBWOP

That last part doesn't make sense, mornings. Yas.

Makes more sense as a question directed at webadict anyway:

webadict: if an anti-town faction has received an alignment-changing ability like Lenglon's fusion ability - which is claimed to change the user's alignment to the target's alignment - what would happen if said anti-town faction used it on a town player?

Could any anti-town faction/player start this game with an alignment-swapping ability?

Poor wording on that second one, again...

Could an anti-town faction/player start the game with an ability that makes the user's alignment change to their target's alignment?

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 95