Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193559 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #1080 on: June 24, 2017, 07:42:58 pm »

Alright, here's my Initial Plan to potentially make everyone win.
Based on the info that:
- MAFIA has a 1-shot "mafiakill" called "Monster Within" that converts folks to Mafia. (This info is from Flabort).
- I have an ability to copy abilities.
- I have an ability to distribute abilities.

Requirements:
- Cooperation between town and mafia. (Yeah, I know. But seriously, read it out, then please note the pitfalls as you see them.)

THE PLAN.
I make multiple copies of the "Monster Within" one-shot Mafiakill (thus making it multi-shot), and give ONE COPY to a mafia player ("M").
"M" uses "Monster Within" on a townie (A) that isn't me. M dies, A becomes mafia. I give a copy of "Monster Within" to A.
"A" uses "Monster Within" on a townie (B) that isn't me. A dies, B becomes mafia. I give a copy of "Monster Within" to B.
This goes on as all the remaining townies (except for me) are converted to Mafia (and all-but-the-last-one die).
Finally, final Mafia player uses "Monster Within" on me. I become mafia, no more town are left, and everyone currently alive (as well as FoU) wins.

In preparation, I'm testing Flabort, Tiruin, and Lengrag. I'd strongly suggest one of the Lengrag target me or Jack and join our little chat, but that's not completely necessary.
Um. If it were possible to change monster within to a non-mafia kill, that would be good and a faster win, BUT I guess that's not possible. I'm game for this, although it means everyone town who already died doesn't win. Obviously I can't use my copy of the power, so you'd be able to copy it from me over and over, but there's the flaw of what happens when it comes my turn to be converted?
Unvote, Vote no lynch
I will support this plan, IF Tea is the first one converted. The Monster Within ability's wording gives me an idea, so I am asking Webadict about it, but I think it adds the role to the targets role. I don't know for sure, which is why I have decided to ask for clarification, but given Tea's claimed revive ability, we could revive them, and pass on their revive to the player who they convert. If that is successful, we could modify the plan to convert you sooner, and then duplicate your duplication ability. If it doesn't work, we proceed as you planned it.

I remain skeptical, but I am in support of this plan.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 24, 2017, 07:44:19 pm »

Are we seriously going to be shooting for this everyone wins bullshit?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 24, 2017, 07:54:14 pm »

If it will work? yes. what's wrong?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 24, 2017, 07:59:19 pm »

Of course, if there is any indication that it will not work, even if it is already underway, I will definitely want to put the brakes on it and resume normal play, but right now I think it can.

Also, I just realized, I do not need to be included in being converted to mafia, due to my extra, alternate win condition that is a part of my Heroes ability. This way, TolyK can be the last one converted, and even though at that point mafia will be equal to or outnumber town, since I will have an ability from him and anyone else left alive I will still be town but will win too.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 24, 2017, 08:21:46 pm »

Kinda defeats the point of a competitive game if no cunt loses.

I mean if we all just in'd and webadict said "well done you win!" we wouldn't have wasted the last two weeks fucking about talking past each other.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 24, 2017, 08:27:14 pm »

That's the point.  It is fun to win by beating the other side.  It is a great accomplishment to win by beating the game itself.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 24, 2017, 08:30:00 pm »

Toly thinks the mafia team is FoU/4mask/DarkStar. I think it's more likely to be FoU/4mask/TBF mostly because DarkStar's treatment of 4mask D1 was a lot more negative than I think would be a good move for them. Anyone else have thoughts?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 24, 2017, 08:34:05 pm »

That's the point.  It is fun to win by beating the other side.  It is a great accomplishment to win by beating the game itself.

Yeah, 10 minds against 1. Sounds challenging as fuck.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 24, 2017, 09:56:22 pm »

TolyK - web says you have to use the ability on me. I can't use it to add myself to the chat. it only adds the target, not the user.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 24, 2017, 10:49:49 pm »

Honestly it's like half because I feel left out/envious that everyone else seems to have all this interesting shit and I'm just here like, to hide or not to hide?? So maybe someone has a thought on an interaction that WOULD be useful between our roles?
Uh o-o 'hide' is a conveniently personal action, and...well, we have a bulwark of roles that stops killing and now relies on heavy day play. Mine (Lenglag's), yours, etc.

Also I'm all for everyone wins (Just please make me a Katamari D:<)

I-I'd actually like to be the FIRST to be hit with that. Regardless of my alignment, Lenglon's power makes me conjoin to the TARGET's alignment (we all become one; and the actor becomes the target's alignment; we can all act together)

Problem is that the dead can't win? As in, there's at least 2 alignments [3 if you include third-party unknowns like SK/Cult/Others that really aren't part of the Town/Maffy wincon], and in landing at the end on any one of the end-alignments [sans cult since they're like town/mafia themed wincons; SK is all 'kill everyone else' I think, so if everyone then becomes an SK then...that'd be hilarious?], and what I mean is that there have been people killed who were both Town and Mafia.
So technically everyone can't win and I'm nitpicking :P

Yeaaaaa you worded my thoughts exactly better than I did!

But...yeah. As Lenglon/Shakerag can backup--please use it on me :P
Also I've no idea if Lenglon/Shakerag should be the first recipients of said Alignment-Katamari//Switch and die plan, because given Shakerag's D: ness, andme seeing the role exactly inasfar as I can...I don't really see what's gotten nerfed other than 'lacking miller ability'.

Do you think it would be beneficial to roleclaim that role, Lenglon/Shakerag?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 24, 2017, 10:55:46 pm »

Why is proving you're smarter than the mod entertaining?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 24, 2017, 10:58:55 pm »

Why is proving you're smarter than the mod entertaining?
Actually, it is proving smarter than uncertainty.

See it from my viewpoint--NOBODY knows my alignment, yet they're ready to trust me [/applicable to the person STARTING the plan anyway]; now this is rather more playing against one's uncertainty, doubts, and pseudo-paranoia, because you have to TRUST the other dude in doing this thing for ALL of you dudes to WIN.

Some people may have differing alignments and winconditions; they won't obviously go overt in this. It is also to plan against these kinds of things that makes it pretty precarious in turn. If ever the plan fails on the route; it will also be entertaining because we've to work with what had happened.

Why I'm proposing targeting me with the copy/recharge is because I *CAN* actually be a Katamari-alignment ball, because I can be counter-confirmed by Lenglon/Shakerag. Instead of whomever has to out-claim that Monster Within.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 24, 2017, 11:11:54 pm »

Toly thinks the mafia team is FoU/4mask/DarkStar. I think it's more likely to be FoU/4mask/TBF mostly because DarkStar's treatment of 4mask D1 was a lot more negative than I think would be a good move for them. Anyone else have thoughts?
How do you know this? o_O [did I miss something from TolyK?]

Kinda defeats the point of a competitive game if no cunt loses.

I mean if we all just in'd and webadict said "well done you win!" we wouldn't have wasted the last two weeks fucking about talking past each other.
It's the initiative of personal/individual spirit to CHOOSE what to do with your abilities.
It is the initiative of the people to CHOOSE what to act upon to create our future. It is the social conditioning underlying the lynch and why it is needed to be done to do so.
Also I'm actually the Spirit of Mafia Gaming, so yeah I'm all for this. Balance and all that fun \o/
I mean TolyK could be an SK for all we know because nobody tried investigating him!

Ninjedit: I just realized it'd be better if I was selected last >_> because I can just SIT HERE and be a WALL.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 24, 2017, 11:16:39 pm »

But you're not even proving you're smarter than uncertainty. That's how you play the game normally.

If you commit to "everybody wins" you cease to give a fuck about your wincon because you're working with the players you're meant to be playing against, you cease to give a fuck about everyone's alignment because, hey everybody is going to win so what the fuck does it matter?

My issue is thus: webadict gave us some rules to play the game (alignment, wincon, and role) we play the game as it's meant to be played. Then, partway through, some of us decide that those rules don't matter, they're going to try to hack the game and break it instead, because somehow that's more fun than doing what they literally signed up for.

I don't play mafia to prove I'm smarter than other people. I play the game because, funnily enough, I want to play the game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 24, 2017, 11:23:27 pm »

If you commit to "everybody wins" you cease to give a fuck about your wincon because you're working with the players you're meant to be playing against, you cease to give a fuck about everyone's alignment because, hey everybody is going to win so what the fuck does it matter?
You...are aware that some players can lie about this right?
I mean to give my honest opinion--I AM all in for this, but I've noted recently (at least when the roleclaims started rolling) was that too much high-poweredness with at least 2 Mafia makes it a very precarious game; especially with ALL DEM INSPECTS/Revives, which brings in the idea that there ARE third-parties. It just so happens that said third-parties aren't Lenglag/me.

So, there's that issue. You want to play the game because you want to play the game; play the game as normal then, because TolyK's plan is a very slow snowball effect. It'll take NIGHTS at least, around Night 10, to even get this rolling right.

My issue is thus: webadict gave us some rules to play the game (alignment, wincon, and role) we play the game as it's meant to be played. Then, partway through, some of us decide that those rules don't matter, they're going to try to hack the game and break it instead, because somehow that's more fun than doing what they literally signed up for.
So like, we're all veteran Mafia players. We all know WINCON above everything [even friendships because even if the game ends, we'll be friends :3 {super sorry Lenglon/Shakerag, it's just...the emotional attacks weren't in context at all. Yeah frustration, but blaming the other person with a lack of details...doesn't.}

Point being, I can see MANY people are for the plan. But I am suspicious that there will be kinks in the way for its fruition.
You going against it really pokes my alignment reinforcement though :P so that's one less dude on my list.
Well...on the Cardcaptor's list. <_< I'm just...a political wall.
*AHEM* [/vaguepoliticalpun]
Yeah.

It's actually committing to everyone wins because it is wincon aligned :P

But let's ask.

Webadict: Can a Mafia convert to a Town alignment and vice versa? May we know the situations wherein alignment conversion will fail because of incompatible alignments (If any; and if any, can you state them?)
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 95