Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193613 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #990 on: June 22, 2017, 04:34:42 pm »

Okay, just have some time to make some reads/observations:

D1 lynch - flabort was the lynch vote.  Voting him were:
doll - flipped town
4maskwolf
Lenglon - is town
Pozzai - flipped town
Tea

Statistically speaking, I would think one of 4maskwolf or Tea would be scum.  Of course, this assumes a lack of extreme shenanigans (which, to be frank, are at least possible in a BYOR) along the lines of Lenglon having a hidden extra alignment, Pozzai/doll flipping as a false alignment, etc.

Voting FallacyOfUrist at the end of D1 were:
hector13 - only death on N2, revived
Persus13 - one of three deaths on N1, revived
Jack A T - shares a chat with TolyK

I would be inclined to think that scum wouldn't be trying to bus that hard on D1, so that's points against these three for being scum.  Also, with hector13 and Persus13 catching unclaimed kill attempts (as far as I remember), it would seem slightly further unlikely that they are scum (granted there could be redirects/reflections/etc., hence "slightly").

On D2, the lynch on FallacyOfUrist was:
Jack A T - ended D1 and D2 voting for FoU
Persus13
Lengrag x 3

Also noting FoU was voting for TolyK at the end of D1 and D2.

So, just looking at statistics and voting patterns:
4maskwolf - Possibly scum by statistics.  Did also do that redirect thing against Tiruin.
flabort - Likely non-scum.  Hard to picture as scum getting bussed D1.  Also fairly open on sharing role information.
hector13 - Likely non-scum.  Didn't vote on D2 though.
Jack A T - Possibly non-scum.  Consistency on FoU works in his favor.
Lenglon-Shakerag - Hi there.
Persus13 - Likely non-scum, but just under hector13 due to being one of multiple deaths. 
Tea - Possibly scum by statistics.  Didn't have a vote on D2, but would have voted for FoU.
TheBiggerFish - Total wildcard.  No vote on D1, voted hector13 on D2.
TheDarkStar - Voted TBF on D1, and no vote on D2.  Also a wildcard.
Tiruin - Voted TBF on D1 and us on D2.  Typically hard for me to read, but gut is leaning scum.
TolyK - No vote on D1, flabort on D2.  Proposing everyone wins scenario.  Leaning town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 22, 2017, 05:00:43 pm »

Quick post while I muddle my way through too many posts: clarification questions.

Webadict: A few questions:
*If a player had a power that acts as flabort describes Heroes, and that player was hit by multiple counts of the same multi-target power at the same time (by redirect?), how many powers would they get?
*If a player had a power that acts as flabort describes Heroes and used a power that acts as flabort describes Spiders Everywhere, would they gain powers through the use of the latter?  Spiders Everywhere is not a targeted power as described, so I would think not.
Please rephrase the question or provide the relevant quotes, so that I don't answer this question improperly.

Webadict Are you sure you didn't make any mistakes?
Not this time.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 22, 2017, 05:16:46 pm »

Quote from: The role I revived as
Peter Petrelli (town)
Auto: Heroes: Whenever targeted by someone or I target someone, gain a 1-shot version of a random ability of theirs. If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
<snip>
1-shot, Night (gained N1, used N2) Spiders Everywhere: all players with web strands gain an additional web strand.

Webadict: See above.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 22, 2017, 06:31:33 pm »

Still working on my other big post, didn't mean to post the other one but I think I'll leave it as is, because it was mostly complete.
Thought I'd comment on some things that have been posting since then.
Statistically speaking, I would think one of 4maskwolf or Tea would be scum.  Of course, this assumes a lack of extreme shenanigans (which, to be frank, are at least possible in a BYOR) along the lines of Lenglon having a hidden extra alignment, Pozzai/doll flipping as a false alignment, etc.

I would be inclined to think that scum wouldn't be trying to bus that hard on D1, so that's points against these three for being scum.  Also, with hector13 and Persus13 catching unclaimed kill attempts (as far as I remember), it would seem slightly further unlikely that they are scum (granted there could be redirects/reflections/etc., hence "slightly").

So, just looking at statistics and voting patterns:
4maskwolf - Possibly scum by statistics.  Did also do that redirect thing against Tiruin.
flabort - Likely non-scum.  Hard to picture as scum getting bussed D1.  Also fairly open on sharing role information.
hector13 - Likely non-scum.  Didn't vote on D2 though.
Jack A T - Possibly non-scum.  Consistency on FoU works in his favor.
Lenglon-Shakerag - Hi there.
Persus13 - Likely non-scum, but just under hector13 due to being one of multiple deaths. 
Tea - Possibly scum by statistics.  Didn't have a vote on D2, but would have voted for FoU.
TheBiggerFish - Total wildcard.  No vote on D1, voted hector13 on D2.
TheDarkStar - Voted TBF on D1, and no vote on D2.  Also a wildcard.
Tiruin - Voted TBF on D1 and us on D2.  Typically hard for me to read, but gut is leaning scum.
TolyK - No vote on D1, flabort on D2.  Proposing everyone wins scenario.  Leaning town.
I have to agree with this, but for different reasons. I'm pretty much leaning the same ways, as you will see in my next big post.

Webadict Are you sure you didn't make any mistakes?
Not this time.
Explain. *distressed dalek noises* Do you mean, you're not sure this time, or you didn't make any mistakes this time?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 22, 2017, 06:54:23 pm »

No mistakes. Come on, if I made a mistake, I'd say it, then I'd never update the game again and flee the country.

Oh, by the way, my update will be a little late, I'm packing some suitcases.

Seriously though, Day extended to Monday. I will have a vote count up around 9.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 22, 2017, 07:07:55 pm »

PFP (because woooo wifi at review center \o/ [and yet it doesn't show that fancy phone logo in my posts -_-)
@Flabort I do believe I clarified (ie In a post to Tea way back) that, NO, I did not act on you N2, and next, me saying The words that came off.to you as 'ima watch Flabort' was more "this dude in my sights" rather.than blatantly announcing my.night action :P ..i mean, its like you took THAT seriously rather.than my context that you were good at listimg (but in your perspective lens >_>) of all my prior posts. Its that I track high priority peiple and ive been "watching" your behavior intently due to my notes pointing toqards high-powered play (since D2), and a subtle/covert dayplay.

Also 'gut is leaning scum' ...wow :v i mean you wouldnt notice your own prejudice EVER since you tried.making a "case" on me what with all the leading emotional words and idead framing my actions.in a certain intent. Thats very clear V:

And yes im on phone. All these buttons are so small.D:< but i make bigger.posts just to show (and hug Lenglon) that details-by-phone is possible.

@Flabort: whaddya mean by i'nconvenient.of you'? ||| also tht 'this cant be possible' was written as an "as-if" speaking with someone (that being webby in PMs) but its more.my.internal.monologue. I do that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 22, 2017, 07:08:07 pm »

Having some (presumably) minor health issues preventing me from having energy and motivation for this right now, will hopefully get a substantial post in tomorrow or Saturday.

In the mean time, I'd like 4mask to walk is through their thought processes on redirecting an investigative ability, specifically their thoughts on how it would help the town, if they considered any drawbacks of doing this, and how all this influenced the final decision to do it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 22, 2017, 07:10:41 pm »

PPE wow phone view isn't friendly :v I mistook Sgaketag as Flabort. Because virwing in reply.mode isn't shpwing specific nnes (my 2nd paragraph there).

Inasfar as my duspicions are concerned, 4mask stands out. But I'm still awaiting TDS' response.as a secondary suspicion and redvote.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 22, 2017, 07:12:34 pm »

A few thoughts.

I have a town read on Tiruin.  Troubled by her minimal positions days 1 and 2, but I have a town read anyway.
Spoiler: Material on Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Tiruin: I've noticed you've been a lot more willing to vote without strong reads than I've usually seen you be.  Any reason?  Second, why make it so clear that you were using the foam finger?  Finally, please confirm that you used the foam finger.

4maskwolf: I'm finding your behaviour odd, particularly with regards to voting.  I have a few questions:
*When did you begin to suspect FallacyofUrist?
*Was there anything to your suspicion beyond NYAHNYAHNYAH?
*During D2, your only comment on flabort was a rejection of his viewpoints question.  You felt pretty strongly about flabort D1, but dropped the case D2.  Why?  What is your current read of flabort?

TheDarkStar: Have some stuff written out on you on my end, but first I need answers to a few questions. You went through D2 suspecting Fallacy, but not voting for him (or anyone).  Why?  In addition, what led you to drop the TBF case?
Finally, to be absolutely clear, your action claim is that you are a watcher who watched ??? last night and flabort the night before, seeing who visited them?
Please answer my questions for once.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 22, 2017, 07:13:55 pm »

Tiruin:
N1 you protected me, is that correct?
N2 you again protected me, is this correct?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 22, 2017, 07:53:52 pm »

I have more time today and there are less people to read than last time I did reads, so today I'm doing proper full analysis of some people. Not everyone, eg Tiruin I already looked at this way, and lengrag would be too much of a headache to analyze this way, what with the formatting.
Spoiler: 4maskwolf (click to show/hide)
Summary: Can create a lot of content on a single subject when called for (posts 18, 20, 22), but not much content per post otherwise. Could be excused by lack of time, if not active lurking.
Breadcrumbing sounds suspiciously like the Mafiakill ability I gained, but they claim to have targeted TDS the night that I gained that ability, backed up/prompted by Lenglon's question to them.

I definitely want to see more out of them, and fast, ESPECIALLY their claim.Unvote Tiruin, Vote 4maskwolf

Spoiler: hector13 (click to show/hide)
Summary: I thought I had tunnel vision. Never claimed a bad phone connection, only times they mention not having ability to post is for weekends and nights. So any lack of content or inactivity is inexcusable. Fortunately for them, they are fairly active, just overwhelmed. What I feel is actually bad for them is that they weren't paying attention to anyone but FoU, TBF, Lenglon, and me, and they weren't even paying that good of attention to me. Also that they have antagonized the three people they have focused on so much. I have a hard time saying that the lynch on FoU could have been a bus, but I don't want to rule it out either.

Spoiler: Jack AT (click to show/hide)
Summary: Neeeergh, even more target fixation. But, he keeps up enough conversations that despite that he does seem effective at his hunt. Definitely was influential in getting FoU lynched. Makes me think that Lengrag was randomized, both in things aimed at them and things which they aimed. Friendly, one of the few people who kept my mental health in mind, and I certainly appreciate it, but I do have to wonder it it was buddying - though I'm inclined to think not.
Either town or very effective scum. Probably town.

Oh god I don't want to do more.
I was also going to cover Persus, TBF, TDS, and Tea in this post, but I think I've done enough for now. My head hurts and I am getting tired and I have chores to do soon. I really need to clean the kitchen, badly.

PPE:
No mistakes. Come on, if I made a mistake, I'd say it, then I'd never update the game again and flee the country.

Oh, by the way, my update will be a little late, I'm packing some suitcases.

Seriously though, Day extended to Monday. I will have a vote count up around 9.
Like when you forgot you had modkilled OSG? *cough*
PFP (because woooo wifi at review center \o/ [and yet it doesn't show that fancy phone logo in my posts -_-)
@Flabort I do believe I clarified (ie In a post to Tea way back) that, NO, I did not act on you N2, and next, me saying The words that came off.to you as 'ima watch Flabort' was more "this dude in my sights" rather.than blatantly announcing my.night action :P ..i mean, its like you took THAT seriously rather.than my context that you were good at listimg (but in your perspective lens >_>) of all my prior posts. Its that I track high priority peiple and ive been "watching" your behavior intently due to my notes pointing toqards high-powered play (since D2), and a subtle/covert dayplay.

Also 'gut is leaning scum' ...wow :v i mean you wouldnt notice your own prejudice EVER since you tried.making a "case" on me what with all the leading emotional words and idead framing my actions.in a certain intent. Thats very clear V:

And yes im on phone. All these buttons are so small.D:< but i make bigger.posts just to show (and hug Lenglon) that details-by-phone is possible.

@Flabort: whaddya mean by i'nconvenient.of you'? ||| also tht 'this cant be possible' was written as an "as-if" speaking with someone (that being webby in PMs) but its more.my.internal.monologue. I do that.
Oh relax. It's clear you've had a stressful day today, plus the phone isn't helping right now, so have a relaxing bath and come back and rethink that. Like I just said in the previous post, I'm questioning myself right now and I know I was probably a bit too hard on you. Especially with new evidence that has come to light when I reread the thread.
PPE wow phone view isn't friendly :v I mistook Sgaketag as Flabort. Because virwing in reply.mode isn't shpwing specific nnes (my 2nd paragraph there).

Inasfar as my duspicions are concerned, 4mask stands out. But I'm still awaiting TDS' response.as a secondary suspicion and redvote.
Er... well. I'd like to know why you suspect them, but since I too came to that conclusion independently, I... lost my train of thought, sorry. I had a reply in mind, but I lost it.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 22, 2017, 09:37:00 pm »

@Lenglon (am on phone): I really feel like Shakerag is impression reading me :p that said, I doublefeel like you didn't read my posts thoroughly :P (See: orangr.highlight in Flaborts post, in my post--that IS MY auto)
N1: I Investigated Lenglag (I spoofd my 'passive investigate' for attraction)
N2: I protected Lenglag.

Both failed. V: but.that does.mean I got somrones attention. I did both because of yhe "doublr-target" principle, and "when you pair a millerSK with a conjoiner, you want to make sure, or at least they're non-Mafia'.
So yeah.

@Jack: Its that through D1/2 I was acting covert in Day (not.that outstanding worksmanship), as I was acting on my role arsenal.

PFP more later. Break done
 Can't wifi

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 22, 2017, 09:38:51 pm »

Quote from: The role I revived as
Peter Petrelli (town)
Auto: Heroes: Whenever targeted by someone or I target someone, gain a 1-shot version of a random ability of theirs. If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
<snip>
1-shot, Night (gained N1, used N2) Spiders Everywhere: all players with web strands gain an additional web strand.

Webadict: See above.
Quick post while I muddle my way through too many posts: clarification questions.

Webadict: A few questions:
*If a player had a power that acts as flabort describes Heroes, and that player was hit by multiple counts of the same multi-target power at the same time (by redirect?), how many powers would they get?
*If a player had a power that acts as flabort describes Heroes and used a power that acts as flabort describes Spiders Everywhere, would they gain powers through the use of the latter?  Spiders Everywhere is not a targeted power as described, so I would think not.
1. That ability is a little vague. My interpretation of it is that you would likely only gain one power, as it doesn't appear to be related to the number of abilities that are targeting you, but the number of players. If the ability was from the same person, it wouldn't increase the number of powers.
2. Not being a targeted action is NOT the same as not targeting a player. In this case, you would be indirectly targeting any player with web strands. However, without a clarification as to what constitutes that last line, I'm afraid I can't be of more help, as that may change the nature of this ruling.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 22, 2017, 09:50:37 pm »

Ok reading some stuff and thinking about other stuff.

webadict:  Can you give a list of circumstances under which you would give a player a "you failed" sort of message from their night action (as opposed to giving no message at all in regards to their night action)?
Typically, a "Your action has failed" action is reserved for when you are unable to find your target (Such as a Hide action) or your ability fails to hit a valid target (Say, an ability requires targeting a dead player and it hits a living player due to a redirect). This would NOT include roleblocks, which generate a block message. Additionally, many failures may be action-related, so there may be conditions applied that allows for their failure, as failures DO NOT reduce the number of uses an ability has remaining (1-Shots are not used when they fail.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 2: Mafi-Oh So Dead
« Reply #1004 on: June 22, 2017, 09:52:46 pm »

Sorry for my lateness in updating.

Day has been Extended! +48 Hours

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - Lenglon, Tiruin, flabort,
flabort -
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Lenglon-Shakerag - Shakerag,
Persus13 -
Tea -
TheBiggerFish - Tea,
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin - TheDarkStar,
TolyK -
No Lynch - TolyK,

Not Voting - hector13, Jack A T, Persus13, 4maskwolf, TheBiggerFish,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday, June 26th around 8:00 PM CST. There is no Extension available.

Quote from: Current Rules
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 95