Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193757 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #975 on: June 21, 2017, 01:57:26 pm »

Jack - your beer can failing to arrive might not have been the result of a redirect.

TolyK - I notice that you did not talk about handing out the ability you've been handing out each day today. have you reached your limit or something along those lines?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 21, 2017, 02:12:57 pm »

Tolyk:
Okay, assuming you're not lying (it doesn't seem to be the case), then I think it's possible to make everyone win as long as one person can get infinite (or at least 10) actions for a night. I want to see what others will claim, though, before spilling the beans. It has to do with cooperation between the mafia  and the town, though. I'll symbolically vote for No Lynch.
We might be able to help out there.  But, yeah, would need to hear what the plan is about.

Also, you never answered my question from the end of D2 - Do you get a benefit from more people using that ability you're tossing about?
I don't get any benefit. I was showing it so that you had better reason to trust me.

TolyK - I notice that you did not talk about handing out the ability you've been handing out each day today. have you reached your limit or something along those lines?
No, I haven't reached any limit. I've no reason to give it out, though. Have you guys decided on joining or not? :p
If I'm not forgetting anything, you still can join. I'm not against it, and (unless it's recently changed) neither is Jack. I've laid most of a "plan" in my conversation with Jack. However, it's fairly shaky, so I'm trying to figure out something that's more robust before I announce the details publicly.

Can anyone confirm a directly targeted night action actually landed on their target?
I'm almost certain I actioned the right target (Tiruin) N2.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 21, 2017, 04:09:43 pm »

I support the mass claim and also the Extend. I especially want to see Tiruin, Hector13, and TolyK's claims right now, but seeing Jack AT's and TDS+TBF's claims is also very important.

Flabort: could you speculate on why the mafia would have actioned you last night? I'm trying to guess if you were the intended target or if the defensive redirector was the target of the mafia action. I notice you aren't dead so whatever action it was wasn't the mafiakill.
Possibilities I can think of, without assuming that the mafioso is Tiruin, are role investigations, attempted vote steals, watching to see who I action, a redirect, or dousing.
Adding in the idea that the mafioso might be Tiruin, I might surmise that in addition to the other ideas, it's possibly a protection action against third party or vigilante kills, watching to see who actions me, or an attempt to duplicate my action.
Given Tiruin's claim of watching me, I am inclined to think that they were telling the truth and watching me, though.

extend, I'm finding great difficulty finding time to read and post right now.

flabort, could you explain how you receive powers from other players acting on you?
See: My claim. Specifically, the Auto power "Heroes". Quoted here for your convenience.
Quote from:  Original Role, lost on revive
Flabort’s High-Powered BYOR (Town)

Auto (Triggered on lynch day 1): Backup role: I could choose a rolename, and when I died I would revive as that role.
Night, target: Randomly Selected: Randomize the target.
night, target/self: high power: Give target a random 1-shot from a preset list (Protect, Inspect, Kill, Track, Watch, Karma, Bus, Redirect, Guard, Block)
1-shot: Infinite Actions: does not count towards one action per phase, on the phase used any actions used may be targeted at any number of players, though each player only once.
Quote from: The role I revived as
Peter Petrelli (town)

Auto: Heroes: Whenever targeted by someone or I target someone, gain a 1-shot version of a random ability of theirs. If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
1-shot, target (gained as part of the role, used N1): Eerie Arrival: Kill a player that aided in my death.
1-shot, Night (gained N1, used N2) Spiders Everywhere: all players with web strands gain an additional web strand.
1-shot, auto (gained N1): Withdrawal: Become caffeine withdrawal, granting additional abilities, after death. Ability is [REDACTED]
 on death.
1-shot, Night, target (gained N2): Bigly: steal a vote from target. can destroy ability to make vote steal permanent, votes return if I die.
1-shot, mafiakill (gained N2): Monster Within: Convert target to your alignment, if successful you die and flip as their role + alignment, they gain this role.
auto (gained N2): Balance: Cannot use the same ability twice in a row.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 21, 2017, 09:46:56 pm »

Hey guys. I'm away from my computer, so I won't be able to update today. I'll update tomorrow though.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 21, 2017, 11:54:12 pm »

flabort:
I support the mass claim and also the Extend. I especially want to see Tiruin, Hector13, and TolyK's claims right now, but seeing Jack AT's and TDS+TBF's claims is also very important.
I would normally be all for a massclaim by this point, but I have some reservations.

So, I think I'm comfortable enough with enough game time passing to basically say that my role (at least to my perception) is pretty obviously geared up to be a LYLO breaker.  And now, after having Lenglon merged with me, I would appear to be able to 100% win a 1v1 or 1v2 scum situation and have fairly good odds in a 1v3 scum situation. 

So I'm understandably (I hope) a little leery of giving away too many details of my abilities/defenses. 

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 22, 2017, 12:37:04 am »

Tea: In your FoU activity analysis, you put the Fish progression posts out of chronological order, as if June progressed to May.  What do the two posts indicate to you if put in the right order?

Ohhhhh. I think I got mixed up from having too many tabs open and thought that the May post was from FoU's string of June 5th posts, which...were actually only about Toly.

Unvote

I think it makes FoU's forgotten null lurker bloc less likely to be meaningful. My impression is that FoU thought Toly was quite possibly 3rd party, and didn't really care if it was a mislynch, and so decided to hyperfocus that and not spew any other interactions.

It's actually still weird that FoU had a change in read/activity about TBF considering I don't think TBF's post quality changed much over the course of the day, which I had previously been interpreting as opportunism since consensus was going against TBF (when I had the posts in the wrong order.) I think it makes TBF a more likely partner for FoU particularly because wagons at the time besides FoU were {me, TBF, and technically Lengrag bc they were self-voting}, and he put all of us in kinda-scumhunting tier.

I agree with most of your analysis in the post this quote is from BTW.

vote TheBiggerFish

-

Tea:
Out of curiosity, what is your preferred alignment?
Town. I tend to have an easier time reading people who are the same way.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 2: Mafi-Oh So Dead
« Reply #981 on: June 22, 2017, 01:08:20 am »

I was going to do an unofficial votecount, but the only vote that's changed is Tea's vote.
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 22, 2017, 08:44:06 am »

Hey guys. I'm away from my computer, so I won't be able to update today. I'll update tomorrow though.
So um, since there's no official notice on the extension--CAN ANYONE mention if we CAN extend?
I don't want to be rushing through tomorrow [my Friday >_> GMT +8] to just know that the day ends in the inconvenient timezones I've got. Since I've got busyness from 8am to 5pm.

Flabort: could you speculate on why the mafia would have actioned you last night? I'm trying to guess if you were the intended target or if the defensive redirector was the target of the mafia action. I notice you aren't dead so whatever action it was wasn't the mafiakill.
Possibilities I can think of, without assuming that the mafioso is Tiruin, are role investigations, attempted vote steals, watching to see who I action, a redirect, or dousing.
Adding in the idea that the mafioso might be Tiruin, I might surmise that in addition to the other ideas, it's possibly a protection action against third party or vigilante kills, watching to see who actions me, or an attempt to duplicate my action.
Given Tiruin's claim of watching me, I am inclined to think that they were telling the truth and watching me, though.
Oooo, hello scumbag.

So you have SOMEONE ELSE who knows one ability of mine and tacked it onto yours :3
You say that you get one-shots from people WHO TARGETED YOU.

I'll highlight something very imprecise--but convenient for me since I don't have to spend something valuable on you now.
Which I would've done to prove both of us town if you are town but eh >_>

extend, I'm finding great difficulty finding time to read and post right now.

flabort, could you explain how you receive powers from other players acting on you?
See: My claim. Specifically, the Auto power "Heroes". Quoted here for your convenience.
Quote from:  Original Role, lost on revive
Flabort’s High-Powered BYOR (Town)

Auto (Triggered on lynch day 1): Backup role: I could choose a rolename, and when I died I would revive as that role.
Night, target: Randomly Selected: Randomize the target.
night, target/self: high power: Give target a random 1-shot from a preset list (Protect, Inspect, Kill, Track, Watch, Karma, Bus, Redirect, Guard, Block)
1-shot: Infinite Actions: does not count towards one action per phase, on the phase used any actions used may be targeted at any number of players, though each player only once.
Quote from: The role I revived as
Peter Petrelli (town)

Auto: Heroes: Whenever targeted by someone or I target someone, gain a 1-shot version of a random ability of theirs. If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
1-shot, target (gained as part of the role, used N1): Eerie Arrival: Kill a player that aided in my death.
1-shot, Night (gained N1, used N2) Spiders Everywhere: all players with web strands gain an additional web strand.
1-shot, auto (gained N1): Withdrawal: Become caffeine withdrawal, granting additional abilities, after death. Ability is [REDACTED]
 on death.
1-shot, Night, target (gained N2): Bigly: steal a vote from target. can destroy ability to make vote steal permanent, votes return if I die.
1-shot, mafiakill (gained N2): Monster Within: Convert target to your alignment, if successful you die and flip as their role + alignment, they gain this role.
The orange is exactly my Auto.
I have NEVER targeted Flabort. I have ALWAYS targeted Lenglag.

This makes sense if I have webs--I have NO INDICATION whatsoever of gaining whatever that thing is. And it seems either you were acted upon OR you have targeted 3 people who has webs. Somehow, (this being the only reasonable bit I can add onto), I was one of them. The other two, however, are unknown.

Ninjedit: Ok I re-read and this strengthens my leanings and notes that Flabort isn't damn Mafia instead. Woo.
So I'll just drop what notes I've got <_< Written in Tiru-crazy [I was PMing Webadict because he's both impartial, and doesn't comment on my blabbering whatsoever so that's why my tense is like that here]
{Yes I'm talking to myself as if someone is listening but this is Webadict and he doesn't bias}

Send at the time of this post (because it's lonely and I like PMing webadict -_- also I did that because there's no way to notepad whatever when you connect on public internet in other places that don't accept USBs so yeah)
Sure-Town reads/To-Be-Booped later:
Jack A T - Pattern/Behavioral analysis. And/or epic bus on the OverUrist. For two consecutive days. Same applies to Persoos. But being killed does set off townmarks. Alongside notes of pattern searching and explicit wording in their votes D1.
Persus13 - Killed and Revived Night 1 - Pattern analysis/gray. Uncertain. Going to ask for massclaim because something is up within pattern searching protocol.
hector13 - Died and Revived Night 2 - Behavioral/pattern analysis. He's with Lenglag due to how he behaved to them.
Lenglon-Shakerag - Created Day 1 - Totally my best friend/s ♥ ♥ if scum I'ma kill y'all. But their behavior points towards non-maffy. Most likely third-party/benevolent town-ally or whatever. Either way I love them and I'm going to cry if they're mafia.

Townish:
TolyK - FoU voted him? But sparing gray.
Tea - Behavioral/Interactional analysis

Ugh:
flabort - Lynched and Revived Day 1 <- Bloody town. Interaction basis; pattern analysis. Lacking pattern analysis present but FoU's interactions with him give credit. If he's scum, give me something sour to eat.

Leftovers?:
4maskwolf - Uh :'(
TheBiggerFish - Really sporadic; bet he's scum, as he's not giving those fishy town vibes in his brevity
TheDarkStar - Probably not Mafia given his D2 vote. Before this, was suspect due to his dayplay. Suspect inasmuch as TBF isn't being proactively pointy. Must re-read but his D2 reaction is notable.
Tiruin - Hi

This can't be that possible.
Someone must be going undercover <_< OR there are third-parties that are malevolent to town or otherwise because of ALL THIS somewhat-active passive dayplay.
Yes active/passive. In that order. Respectively. Important.
At the lack of private-public notes I'm sending this because ARGH this.
If it fails I'ma be so grump. :I

FLABORT: Since I find your posts LACKING and not connecting the dots you mentioned up there before, I'll do it here (because either you did it before and I'm grumpy, so I missed it, or you didn't do it before and I'm grumpy, so I missed it.)
[Seriously you have to copy paste the (town) bit?]
Quote from: Flaborty
Peter Petrelli (town)

"Kill a player that aided in my death; "used N1"
"All players with web strands; yet the only abilities I've gained are THREE ABILITIES. Tiruin says she has no idea about it (just as TOLYK's mention of sending her something on N2 wasn't even. TOLYK doesn't even respond to her. Tiruin's words)"
 on death.

This is unknown.
1-shot, mafiakill (gained N2): Monster Within: Convert target to your alignment, if successful you die and flip as their role + alignment, they gain this role. This is unknown and whoever is webbing people will benefit a ton if they claim whoever they targeted.
SOmehow I HAVE WEBS AND WHY DID SOMEONE SEND IN A WEBSPINNER SPIDER ROLE!? Why not a jumping spider!? They're cooler, calculative, and eccentrically eyesight-awesome! D:<
[/quote]
*AHEM*
I believe Flabort 'killed' doll by that one power used N1.
That means Persus was targeted by either the scumkill or Pozzai was--however this 'abduct kill' seems to be consistent in D2.
However in D2, the abductkill wasn't seen, hence it must have been a one-shot or additional modifier.

Hence I will infer that Persus and Hector; both players with a consistent and a rather relative/flexible behavioral play, have been targets of the scumkill.

But what the heck is up with those revives!? I will infer that this is in danger of being a high-powered game in which a multikiller exists. I can infer within reason that either Persus or Hector may be non-town, but AT LEAST THREE PLAYERS having bloody revives [hmph I don't have any :I] does denote something bigger.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:47:53 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 22, 2017, 08:48:37 am »

« Last Edit: Today at 08:47:53 am by Tiruin »
I broke quote tags <_< And then edited it and then it still had broken tags.
And I won't edit that again just to remove-remove it again because of validity :I
HMPH slow internet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 22, 2017, 08:51:09 am »

Also, Flabort, if you have gotten that 'auto' from me, I do believe you have also known either something more valuable, or instead of a one-shot, you got an auto :v
With the strange same exact wording as the auto I have.
Hence my needle-tip precarious suspicion on your face.

You cannot have gained an auto when your bloody auto explicitly says 'one shot'.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 22, 2017, 10:28:40 am »

« Last Edit: Today at 08:47:53 am by Tiruin »
I broke quote tags <_< And then edited it and then it still had broken tags.
And I won't edit that again just to remove-remove it again because of validity :I
HMPH slow internet.
Stop editting!

But yes, you will get an extension.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 22, 2017, 04:10:55 pm »

Quick post while I muddle my way through too many posts: clarification questions.

Webadict: A few questions:
*If a player had a power that acts as flabort describes Heroes, and that player was hit by multiple counts of the same multi-target power at the same time (by redirect?), how many powers would they get?
*If a player had a power that acts as flabort describes Heroes and used a power that acts as flabort describes Spiders Everywhere, would they gain powers through the use of the latter?  Spiders Everywhere is not a targeted power as described, so I would think not.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 22, 2017, 04:12:13 pm »

Oh, and Webadict: If a player had a power that acts as flabort describes Heroes, could they get an auto out of it?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 22, 2017, 04:13:42 pm »

I keep meaning to post here and forgetting, my bad.

I'll try to post tonight, if I don't forget again.

Jack, I did get a beer can from you.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 22, 2017, 04:17:58 pm »

Also, Flabort, if you have gotten that 'auto' from me, I do believe you have also known either something more valuable, or instead of a one-shot, you got an auto :v
With the strange same exact wording as the auto I have.
Hence my needle-tip precarious suspicion on your face.

You cannot have gained an auto when your bloody auto explicitly says 'one shot'.
Webadict told me that he could not have made that ability into a one shot.
Webadict Are you sure you didn't make any mistakes?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So what you're saying is that you weren't watching me as you claimed earlier? That is very inconsistent of you.

Quote from: Tiruin

Interesting that you would claim that the auto belongs to you. This does seem consistent with your claimed trait that knowing someone's rolename powers up your abilities, so now I'm beginning to question my suspicions of you. Well, not just now, but you get the idea, this is just the first thing that really jumps out as me as conflicting with my read.

Quote from: Tiruin
Is "This can't be that possible" a typo? or a translation error?
I believe so many players having revives is part of a defense vs Monster Within, possibly, or against other special kills.

PPE:
3 posts. I definitely want to see Wuba's answers to Jack's questions, even though I know the answer to the third one.

Post one of two I am writing up right now, if this is posted than I missed the preview button.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 95