Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193781 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #960 on: June 21, 2017, 03:53:25 am »

I would not be against a massclaim at this point.

Fallacy's Interactions
Dead scum means time to look back.  First, at what Fallacy himself did:
Spoiler: Fallacy's Own Actions (click to show/hide)
Overall, Fallacy's own actions tell me little about other players.  They do leave me more comfortable with TolyK, but that's about it.  Fallacy kept disconnected from the rest of the game, gave generic reads D1, and worked to avoid giving reads on the way to the grave.

That said, Fallacy was a major topic of discussion throughout the game.  Most players took some sort of position on him at some point:
Spoiler: Positions on Fallacy (click to show/hide)
Fallacy's death was a matter of quiet consensus from D1 on.  I would be surprised if none of the support/scumreading was bussing.

D1, though, there was a credible option far better for scum than a Fallacy lynch: a flabort lynch.  With the amount of action interference going on, scum probably had a way to undermine doll's kills.  Flabort's lynch, regardless of alignment, would be favourable for scum.  Possible scum on the flabort wagon, but likely scum off wagon (pretty large margin for the wagon, not needing much scum help).  D2 was messy and rather quieter on Fallacy, but the consensus held.

I'll want to look more closely at everyone, but at a few people in particular: 4maskwolf (on flabort D1, then weak Fallacy wagon reasons D2), Tiruin (completely non-positioned, but observing), TDS (stated suspicion of Fallacy D1, position disappeared D2), and Hector (on Fallacy D1, not quite on Fallacy D2).  That, though, I'll save for later.

Tea: In your FoU activity analysis, you put the Fish progression posts out of chronological order, as if June progressed to May.  What do the two posts indicate to you if put in the right order?

On TolyK: TolyK has been focused on an Everyone Wins strategy for a while now.  Latched onto it a while back in the quicktopic, as soon as he saw certain relevant powers.  I've been skeptical.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 21, 2017, 05:11:54 am »

I am OK with a massclaim.

That said, we need to [Webadict: Extend] because ~24 hours is definitely not enough...

Tiruin:
Quote from: TolyK and I'm on phone
Okay, assuming you're not lying (it doesn't seem to be the case), then I think it's possible to make everyone win as long as one person can get infinite (or at least 10) actions for a night. I want to see what others will claim, though, before spilling the beans. It has to do with cooperation between the mafia  and the town, though. I'll symbolically vote for No Lynch
Symbolically, I'm having flashbacks to TolyK, the town poisoner. And now I'm REAL wary of you--moreso because when you do these plans, while well-meaning, would be better off in how you socially handle it x.x Like one, if you propose such a plan, massclaiming would help. Planning due to that too. That aside, I saw that other request on ne and have more to post. This will come later wgrn in not suffering on phone net.
Hehe. And you remember how that ended up, right? :P
That said, I am inclined to trust you ATM because you've been at least partially truthful.
Have you tried to figure out anyone's alignment yet?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 21, 2017, 06:18:00 am »

Hehe. And you remember how that ended up, right? :P
That said, I am inclined to trust you ATM because you've been at least partially truthful.
Have you tried to figure out anyone's alignment yet?
I'm having an in-game headache lately. -_- And yes I do--but in context, it was from a TON OF TWISTY STUFF ON YOUR SIDE :I
And here--I still feel it's with a lot of twisty stuff on your side. But the benefit is I have some kind of foothold: Jack A T.
So EH. I:

And what about that thing you mentioned on N2?

I'm okay with a massclaim but awaiting Flabort or TDS or whatever.
Because someone is blocking me and that someone didn't claim outwards--guessing that someone is scum (or, y'know, my everything is failing and what is this :v).

I am OK with a massclaim.

That said, we need to [Webadict: Extend] because ~24 hours is definitely not enough...
I didn't know we can extend?

Webadict: Extend

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 21, 2017, 06:22:30 am »

OH MY GOODNESS OF COURSE THIS WASN'T POSTED THANKS TO SOMEONE ELSE POSTING. GAH.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I edited the '2 new replies' because this should've been before TolyK's post but noooo. :-\

Yooo hot diggity. I likeeeee how darkstar is all solvey with the night actions I just feel like he has made no connection to most htings being talked about during the daya ever., I wanna know why fourmask thohught having him watch tiruin was the best way to learn about tiruin. i did nothign last night btdubs.
Me either, and 4mask just plugged my notes on people with his posts <_<

Also you okay Tea?

TolyK: I had a question to you back in Day 2 about what had happened to your everythingon me...
Unvote Tiruin.
And this?

Quote from: AlsoTolyK
So, you have 2 night actions? Also, actions failing twice is incredibly convenient, just sayin'.
...So just sayin', what can you draw about me SAYING THAT IN PUBLIC!? :I
I mean I get you're being nudgingly nudgey, but this passive-whateverness of telling me how 'convenient' it is, is :I
Because if you want to infer me having a motive or whatever, do it with a nicely made case. Like Flabort, except with a lot less lens of prejudice and more compelling notes. Like how doll steamrolled flabort D1, but with a lot more respect (a bit more anyway, doll was respectful) and less needless bitterness.

Currently going to vote for Tiruin based on older suspicions, this might be retracted as I get info regarding N2.
Wow. Not "D2", but N2.
Also 'on older suspicions' but you never communicated with me at all. Like ever. -_-
Like when I bolded your name at the end of D2 and it never got a response, ever.

Tiruin: You've claimed that you were blocked but (according to 4mask) I saw you act. At the very least, I'd like a full description of what you did last night.
I protected Lenglag, and added 'maybe TolyK will act on them' because that boosts the whatever. Then I get a "You failed".
According to 4mask, "I saw you act"

Wat.

How 'according to someone else' MAKES YOU SEE SOMETHING when you're not in tandem or alignment with them unless you're scum!? (or...weird wording)
At the very least, that's all I did right there :v

Everyone:
Alright, can we assemble who claims to have targeted who, and claimed + flipped powers? I'll go ahead and (re-)claim some things right now. (Below is not an actual quote, it's a summary + a bit of info.)

Quote from: TolyK
I have a Day ability to make a chat, which I used D1 to add Jack.
I used an ability N1 on Shakelon, which failed. I used an ability N2 on Tiruin, and I'm waiting for confirmation on what happened.

Jack has claimed a few things in our chat, which I'll let him decide on.
I've no idea what you did. :v
Because all I got is me failing.
Again.
You meanie :I I think.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 21, 2017, 12:46:11 pm »

Ok reading some stuff and thinking about other stuff.

webadict:  Can you give a list of circumstances under which you would give a player a "you failed" sort of message from their night action (as opposed to giving no message at all in regards to their night action)?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 21, 2017, 12:47:45 pm »

Also, can we guarantee that 4mask successfully redirected TDS to Tiruin?  There seem to be a number of redirecting shenanigans going on, which makes me wonder if we have a (partial-)nexus...

Can anyone confirm a directly targeted night action actually landed on their target?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 21, 2017, 01:02:19 pm »

extend, I'm finding great difficulty finding time to read and post right now.

flabort, could you explain how you receive powers from other players acting on you?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 21, 2017, 01:06:19 pm »

Can anyone confirm a directly targeted night action actually landed on their target?
Shakerag: N1, both targets were hit as intended.  N2, one definitely did not and the other is unknown.

Extend.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 21, 2017, 01:24:23 pm »

Extend, I also need more time.

Also, can we guarantee that 4mask successfully redirected TDS to Tiruin?  There seem to be a number of redirecting shenanigans going on, which makes me wonder if we have a (partial-)nexus...

Once Tiruin claims her night action and target, we'll know who I targeted. Assuming that Tiruin doesn't end up claiming that she targeted someone else or that I targeted someone that also targeted Shakerag-Lenglon.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 21, 2017, 01:33:40 pm »

extend because so busy.

I took a look back through FoU's posts myself.  I am inclined to say that, from that, TolyK is almost certainly not aligned with FoU. 
1 - FoU was constantly on TolyK's ass, and it didn't feel like bussing

The only other thing of note I saw was FoU opposed the shorten on the flabort lynch.  Unfortunately, as was noted by Jack A T, he didn't have a lot of substantial interactions.  I don't have time right now to check on everyone else's interactions with FoU though.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 21, 2017, 01:34:14 pm »

Tea:
Out of curiosity, what is your preferred alignment?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 21, 2017, 01:42:14 pm »

TDS:
I protected Lenglag, and added 'maybe TolyK will act on them' because that boosts the whatever. Then I get a "You failed".
According to 4mask, "I saw you act"
also, she addresses you in that post and you haven't responded to her.

Tir's, 4mask's, and TDS's claimed for action/interaction last night all check out from what I can see.
Tir attempted to protect us (action failed)
4mask redirected TDS to Tir
TDS watched us and himself.

TDS saw himself be target of us and 4mask.
TDS saw his target target us, and be the target of us.

all the above checks out internally. however:

Flabort has claimed to have been actioned by us, a mafia member, and someone else.
Flabort was specifically not targeted by us, yet his claim of ability granted by us checks out, meaning we were redirected to him from someone other than TDS and Tiruin.
Since not ALL of our actions were redirected, the redirect was not aimed at us, it was aimed at one of our targets - said target redirected actions that target them over to Flabort.
so we had at least two redirectors last night, one defensive and one aggressive. the defensive one is not TDS, not Tiruin, and probably not 4mask. the aggressive one definitively was 4mask.

I haven't decided what to think about this as a whole. the only concusion I've drawn so far is just that 4mask's redirecting TDS was super-scummy.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 21, 2017, 01:45:15 pm »

Flabort: could you speculate on why the mafia would have actioned you last night? I'm trying to guess if you were the intended target or if the defensive redirector was the target of the mafia action. I notice you aren't dead so whatever action it was wasn't the mafiakill.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 21, 2017, 01:48:09 pm »

Tolyk:
Okay, assuming you're not lying (it doesn't seem to be the case), then I think it's possible to make everyone win as long as one person can get infinite (or at least 10) actions for a night. I want to see what others will claim, though, before spilling the beans. It has to do with cooperation between the mafia  and the town, though. I'll symbolically vote for No Lynch.
We might be able to help out there.  But, yeah, would need to hear what the plan is about.

Also, you never answered my question from the end of D2 - Do you get a benefit from more people using that ability you're tossing about?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 21, 2017, 01:50:17 pm »

One thing, because redirects are messy.  Partial claim to get some info:

Everyone: Last night, I gave beer cans out, targeting Persus13 and Lenglon/Shakerag.  The latter has reported that no messages came in N2, indicating that they did not receive their beer can.  Who received a beer can last night?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 95