Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193409 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #945 on: June 20, 2017, 04:44:11 pm »

note - My vote is NOT pressure. that's a lynch vote. redirecting the information gathering role is a pure-scum move, through and through, helps town noway, nohow.
Blah blah blah that's not true in the slightest, especially in a BYOR where role's are crazy.
Prove it.
Or at least make an argument to back it up. I see no way what you did wasn't scummy enough to make you prime lynch on the spot.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 20, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »

note - My vote is NOT pressure. that's a lynch vote. redirecting the information gathering role is a pure-scum move, through and through, helps town noway, nohow.
Blah blah blah that's not true in the slightest, especially in a BYOR where role's are crazy.
Prove it.
Or at least make an argument to back it up. I see no way what you did wasn't scummy enough to make you prime lynch on the spot.
How about you actually read the post I made right before that and respond to it rather than beating a dead horse?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 20, 2017, 05:18:05 pm »

4mask
The one where you tried to excuse yourself redirecting the watcher to Tiruin because you didn't have an inspect of your own and were failing at your daygame?

Is that supposed to somehow be a valid explanation at all?

please explain the theorycraft behind redirecting a claimed watcher having even a chance in hell of not being a scum move.

please include how you redirecting the watcher is better than the watcher picking their own damn targets, especially since you might have died last night and (if you weren't scum) you'd have been unable to tell us where the watcher had been redirected, making their N2 watching action useless even if they had ended up watching either the scum or the scum's target.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 20, 2017, 05:25:37 pm »

Unvote Tiruin.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 20, 2017, 05:28:11 pm »

Hmm. I was quite certain one of the abilities I got last night was from you. Yes, one of my abilities gained last night has the [mafiakill] tag. I asked Wuba for clarification, and the ability cannot be used by someone without access to the mafia kill, so except for telling me that I was visited by a mafioso and what sort of mafiakill they are capable of, it is almost useless to me.

Um, who else claimed vote stealing, with the ability to make it permanent, besides you? The vote stealing ability I got is NOT the Mafiakill, FYI.
Huh.  Lemme ask webadict something.  Either he goofed or something weird happened.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 20, 2017, 05:30:48 pm »

LakeRag

Just in case there are day ending early shenanigans.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 20, 2017, 05:34:19 pm »

Hmm. I was quite certain one of the abilities I got last night was from you. Yes, one of my abilities gained last night has the [mafiakill] tag. I asked Wuba for clarification, and the ability cannot be used by someone without access to the mafia kill, so except for telling me that I was visited by a mafioso and what sort of mafiakill they are capable of, it is almost useless to me.

Um, who else claimed vote stealing, with the ability to make it permanent, besides you? The vote stealing ability I got is NOT the Mafiakill, FYI.
Huh.  Lemme ask webadict something.  Either he goofed or something weird happened.
Probably something weird happened. When I asked him about when the night was ending, he said my abilities were making it take especially long to finish up.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 20, 2017, 05:37:47 pm »

I was probably a bit hot on that vote-unvote, but I really need to think a bit now.

Sure, I'll repeat my claims, and add to them since my abilities are growing.
Quote from:  Original Role, lost on revive
Flabort’s High-Powered BYOR (Town)

Auto (Triggered on lynch day 1): Backup role: I could choose a rolename, and when I died I would revive as that role.
Night, target: Randomly Selected: Randomize the target.
night, target/self: high power: Give target a random 1-shot from a preset list (Protect, Inspect, Kill, Track, Watch, Karma, Bus, Redirect, Guard, Block)
1-shot: Infinite Actions: does not count towards one action per phase, on the phase used any actions used may be targeted at any number of players, though each player only once.

Quote from: The role I revived as
Peter Petrelli (town)

Auto: Heroes: Whenever targeted by someone or I target someone, gain a 1-shot version of a random ability of theirs. If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
1-shot, target (gained as part of the role, used N1): Eerie Arrival: Kill a player that aided in my death.
1-shot, Night (gained N1, used N2) Spiders Everywhere: all players with web strands gain an additional web strand.
1-shot, auto (gained N1): Withdrawal: Become caffeine withdrawal, granting additional abilities, after death. Ability is [REDACTED]
 on death.
1-shot, Night, target (gained N2): Bigly: steal a vote from target. can destroy ability to make vote steal permanent, votes return if I die.
1-shot, mafiakill (gained N2): Monster Within: Convert target to your alignment, if successful you die and flip as their role + alignment, they gain this role.
auto (gained N2): Balance: Cannot use the same ability twice in a row.

If Tiruin indeed has had two actions and has been watching me this whole time, I believe that Spiders Everywhere and Monster Within both probably came from her, then. And how would she get two actions? FallacyofUrist's gamerules ability. Why did her actions "fail"? The targets revived or were protected, or else there's another auto ability in effect preventing her from body snatching someone.

Okay, assuming you're not lying (it doesn't seem to be the case), then I think it's possible to make everyone win as long as one person can get infinite (or at least 10) actions for a night. I want to see what others will claim, though, before spilling the beans. It has to do with cooperation between the mafia  and the town, though. I'll symbolically vote for No Lynch.

PPE:
When I asked him about when the night was ending, he said my abilities were making it take especially long to finish up.
Not the first time, either...  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 20, 2017, 05:44:12 pm »

Flabort's vote steal ability came from us, he named it correctly.
We specifically targeted everyone BUT flabort.
much confusion is had.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 20, 2017, 06:30:24 pm »

just verified with web, no mod error, we did not target flabort but he got our vote steal anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 2: Mafi-Oh So Dead
« Reply #955 on: June 20, 2017, 07:20:11 pm »

You see a message written in blood.

"How close are you to the end, I wonder?"

At the end is a smiley face. And it's signed... Web :|

You can almost hear his laughter.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - Lenglon,
flabort -
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Lenglon-Shakerag - Shakerag,
Persus13 -
Tea -
TheBiggerFish -
TheDarkStar - Tea,
Tiruin - flabort, TheDarkStar,
TolyK -
No Lynch - TolyK,

Not Voting - hector13, Jack A T, Persus13, 4maskwolf, Tiruin, TheBiggerFish,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends on Thursday, June 22th around 8:00 PM CST. There is an Extension available.

Quote from: Current Rules
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 21, 2017, 01:04:49 am »

It's also a good way to poke at TDS's alignment as well, insofar as how much information he reveals on the matter and in what manner he goes about it.  I'm pretty convinced he's town at this point.

Sorry by the way, TDS, I won't hijack you again in the future now that I've gotten all the information I wanted out of it.
PFP and wifi at review center. This is my fiiiirst post by phone :D
That said, do I take it that you know TDS' power, and then redirected him on me? Meaning you know the extent of said power?

PFP because quoting is cheesy with trying to snip.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 21, 2017, 01:12:23 am »

Flabort: Tell me one thing; what did you do last night?
And, are you sure you will live through today?

I'm asking in purely general questions. Because I care about you.
And you're really hot.
I used my Spiders Everywhere 1-shot that I gained the night before, giving a web strand to everyone who already had a web strand. This was an untargeted ability.

I am not sure I will live through today, just like how I was not sure I would live through last night or the day before.

WhyTF would you call me really hot after I accused you of being unnaturally nice towards me? Where are you even getting that idea?
Wow quoting on phone is butts. But I am both curious on why you denote Mafiakill in the first place, and that you're high in my sights of wondering if you're town or not. Id love to know why you're doing that when nobody else can prove it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 21, 2017, 01:32:48 am »

Quote from: TolyK and I'm on phone
Okay, assuming you're not lying (it doesn't seem to be the case), then I think it's possible to make everyone win as long as one person can get infinite (or at least 10) actions for a night. I want to see what others will claim, though, before spilling the beans. It has to do with cooperation between the mafia  and the town, though. I'll symbolically vote for No Lynch
Symbolically, I'm having flashbacks to TolyK, the town poisoner. And now I'm REAL wary of you--moreso because when you do these plans, while well-meaning, would be better off in how you socially handle it x.x Like one, if you propose such a plan, massclaiming would help. Planning due to that too. That aside, I saw that other request on ne and have more to post. This will come later wgrn in not suffering on phone net.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 21, 2017, 02:08:08 am »

Yooo hot diggity. I likeeeee how darkstar is all solvey with the night actions I just feel like he has made no connection to most htings being talked about during the daya ever., I wanna know why fourmask thohught having him watch tiruin was the best way to learn about tiruin. i did nothign last night btdubs.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 95