Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193719 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 2: One Up, One Down, And One Nowhere Around
« Reply #885 on: June 14, 2017, 07:41:08 pm »

unvote, byraway. FoU is likely to have my vote at the end of the day, but I'd like to reach the deadline rather than hit him with a hammer.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 14, 2017, 09:45:15 pm »

[1*]Stop using TolyK as an excuse to sit around and do nothing.  Not only have you done almost nothing regarding TolyK, but you're also doing almost nothing regarding anyone else with the excuse that you're too focused on dealing with TolyK.
[5]: Did you miss the post where I made a case on TolyK based on his lack of scumhunting, nyah?
[2*] I am quite aware of that, initially a secondary component of your case.  You, however, have decided to avoid my point: while the primary portion of your case got negative feedback, you did nothing to try to persuade.  You did nothing to stabilize a failing component and you did nothing to redirect your critics to the secondary component.  When you sort-of-largely dropped the cult leader part and started just repeating the secondary portion, you did nothing to try to persuade.  You made the occasional statement to show you still were voting for TolyK, but kept to the background.  As days went by and nobody joined you, you did nothing to try to persuade.  Instead of trying to persuade us to lynch your target, you tell us that you're trying to persuade us to lynch your target.  Why?
Actually, here's a question for everybody: what is your read of TolyK, nyah? It seems to me that I'm the only one paying attention to him, nyah.
[3*]I'm cautious.  Not the most active, in part clearly due to being busy. What he does get in is focused on using his role, and he has given me reasons.  The impression I currently have is misprioritization more than malice.  Currently have a couple questions for him over there, as they involve material not yet public and I don't distrust him nearly enough to break privacy yet.
[8]: Is his lack of scumhunting not evidence enough, nyah? I did cite that in a case post, nyah. Do you not think a lack of scumhunting is scummy, nyah?
Are you defending your cult leader, nyah?  :P
I am aware of your point.  A lack of scumhunting can be scummy in many contexts (albeit not all), [5*] such as one where the player obviously has time but does little more than try to portray themself as a serious contributor and scumhunter.

[4*]I love the insinuation of ill intent, joking or not.  Why include that?
What does it matter, as long as I'm scumhunting, nyah?
[6*] Why do you put so much effort into announcing this and similar things?  Why is your self-portrayal so important?
[1*] Hm, nyah. I think you're right, nyah. With regards to the second part, not the first part, nyah.

[2*] Because apparently I need a better day game, nyah. Good advice, though, nyah.

[3*] Fair enough, nyah.

[4*] Because your defense of Jack A T lends support to my (relatively crazy) cult leader theory, nyah. I'm going to need a bit more than that before I take TolyK being a cult leader as my position again, nyah. Continued defense of him over multiple days, maybe, nyah. It would be easier to figure out if you're a cultist if TolyK gave you the communications day 2, nyah.

[5*] I like how you turn the conversation away from TolyK and towards me, nyah.

[6*] Because I don't want to die, nyah. Since I know I am town, it is to my advantage to appear town, thus not be lynched, and help the town agenda till the end.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 14, 2017, 10:43:49 pm »

Also I'll vote to Extend because I haven't found a good alternative target yet.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 15, 2017, 12:30:57 am »

Ayyyy reeeds! :O Having horribad internet at the moment; it's hindering my performance.

Sectioning my post to address many things.
I don't think so.
Well, I'm currently suspecting Tiruin for not having ANY suspects more than I suspect you for the mafia avoiding your suspects, right now, actually, so I'm going to unvote you and vote her.
flabort: Alright.  It seemed like there were a few links missing: why them not killing one of the people I voted for makes me look suspicious, what makes it look like they actively avoided my suspects, and why this doesn't point at anyone else whose vote targets weren't nightkilled.  Can you clarify?
Well, it's less suspicious today than it would be tomorrow, hence me unvoting you for now, BUT, you had the most suspects and changed votes the most out of anyone day 1; as such, if you were scum, then you were spreading out "suspects" to look town, but then the scum killed one of your non-suspects so that you wouldn't have to come up with new fake-cases on the remaining suspects of yours - in fact, your fake suspects would look even more suspicious for having survived.
But then, it's still early in the game and probably too early for me to pull out that card. I was pretty much just jumping on the first thing I noticed about you and blowing it out of proportion while I looked for anything else suspicious.
Flabort, I'd love for you to make a comprehensive case on me rather than one that tries to invoke a meaning by itself.
Because you're not representing me there--you're representing your viewpoint, and I have mentioned before that your viewpoint is both LACKING and...it's not definitive, as if there's an agenda beforehand (and it's really being sandpaper-y with my D1 notes on you AND doll)
Do you think my 'lack of suspects' has any validity when I've concisely detailed my views on who ISN'T MY SUSPECTS (and thus, can be suspected in itself of 'maybe she's scum! Because she's playing it safe and withholding her views!'), because ANY OF THESE are not mentioned by you other than a generalization up there.

Tea
Tolyk
Jake
Persus
4mask
Tiruin
TDS

Can y'all provide some feedback on this whole hector-Lenglon back and forth? I'm worried I'm letting my not insignificant frustration cloud my judgment.

It might even get you assholes to actually post for a change. :P
I stand by what I said before, in that I'm STILL BLOODY SEEING LENGLAG THE SAME [but for Hector, adding notes] (and that 6pt message is mean :I I'm still culture shocked by how casual y'all use expletives! It's like Captain America in the modern time)
Problem is, what I've got in my list of notes is that I'm feeling more confident that there is a 3 person (y'know, approximately) scumteam, because there's a sense of a lack of standing out--as those I've noted AS standing out are partly playing...somewhat shallowly. Like Flabort. :v

That said, I'm unsure why you're chasing after Lenglag ifinasmuch as that LENGLON's power fused with SHAKERAG--Shakey may have been SCUM [Mafia] and she joined him and is backing him up; HOWEVER it seems unlikely given how they've been posting lately, and within the details of what had happened last night.

Unless I'm forgetting, TolyK, were you the dude who stated you'd do a mass-block N1?
I recall reading something on some kind of that back in Day1.

Now lets' have some Day 2 reeds.
Many are gray because i haven't had time (because no net :V) to update my notes and otherwise.
Everyone: Why is FoU or Flabort being the spotlight of the day? (as far as I've gathered as it seems anyway)

4maskwolf -  Same as FoU
FallacyOfUrist -  Haven't followed on this guy thanks to a ton of otherguys that were more interesting [no offense]; hasn't stood out to me earlier.
flabort - I'm now unsure, rather than my earlier (and better) read back on D1 given his behavior lately [and the content within]; while it is understandably believable that one forgets or otherwise misplaces information about their OWN ROLE, especially in IMPORTANT situations like 'I revive when dead -- I'm on the lynching block? [I guess I didn't ask that one thing on what happens :x]'...there's a strange lack of quality that's consistent now that he's making a case...to me?
Bias aside, re-reading his chats with doll do give the same feeling that they may both be town [I was more certain about doll, and to reiterate which is why I chose not to target him thanks to that, by believing his earlier notes of 'I'm ded d2']

hector13 - >_> I'm totally lacking time. Gray. What I've read thus far ias pretty okay-ish though. More details to follow if I can.
Jack A T -  Tied with TolyK;
Lenglon-Shakerag - Town. Or SK. Whatever. Both are against mafia. And I'm doing all I can do protect their pink cloaks. :3 ...Because Shakerag is a pink shyguy.
Persus13 - I've not read much on him (Ok I have), and he's in the gray too. There's little standing out about him as I'm recalling only vagueness when I try to recall out of the many people present.
Tea - Town; with Pozzai. But Pozzai somehow never flipped :V But I still believe he's town.
TheBiggerFish - Ugh. Where's the activity. Unsure if scum because it's unhelpful, but the night never speaks as much as the day.
TheDarkStar - Gray; following up.
Tiruin - Hi. Boop me tonight or poison me. :v
TolyK - Curious; hasn't followed up on me lately despite his stance on the latter part of Day 1; tied with Jack in a way. Somehow has something with Shakerag/Lenglon that I may have lost in my page re-reads. If grouped as scum; TolyK/Jack/Shakerag may be a team :V as impossible as it seems.

Also I'll test if I've a vote; TheBiggerFish.
Why I'm doing that is the same as before--he's a middleman in my reads list of gray, and middleman meaning 'he's not participating but posting literally everywhere else on the forum; what posts he does here is pretty much in brevity and not leaning one way or another--in a proactive way'.

TDS

unvote because I can see townflabort killing off doll. I mean, I can see scumflabort doing the same thing, but it's not enough to make me think he's scummy. I need to reread his interactions before I decide to vote him. Fallacy is still on my suspicion list (from yesterday) but I need to read through today again.

PPE: Bleh, this was supposed to be posted yesterday.
Why would Flabort kill off doll, to bring up the presumption given EVERYTHING OF DOLL'S CONTENT YESTERDAY?!
Also why have you never mentioned that DCSS is taking up your time back in my somewhat-casual request yesterday? :P

Also I'll vote to Extend because I haven't found a good alternative target yet.
Wasn't it stated by Webbywubs that we can't extend?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 15, 2017, 01:38:34 am »

Goodness gravy I've missed a few pages because those that I could load were old ones stuck in old tabs <_<

To clarify on Hector-Lenglon/Shakeys: How hector responded, while having quite a pointy tone in itself, is also much on why I mentioend the okay-ish part (How he spoke), and why I'm voting TBF is because I saw the response to Hector and...that's it.
...Nothing thereafter in his posts or his post log, considering Hecty both answered Lenglon's response and TBF. These in 'how' Hector speaks, alongside how he prodded FoU's note on "I'm scumhunting"; 'no ya ain't :V', is more on why I wrote okay-ish.

TBF: Activity in this thread please, even if others you'rre playing in or posting in are important too.
@Tea: On here; sorry for my messiness .-.;

1. "Initiative of communication" is '[I/me] taking the effort to initiate or start a conversation or communicate with [this subject or party]'.

2) Who are you referring to when you say flabort's emotional reaction to his lynch makes sense because he is being voted by someone in absentia??
Err, I think that was to flabort or whomever commented (I think it was Lenglon) on his emotional RE-action to doll's post. Yeah doll was voting...in absentia, but I'm saying flabort's reaction is sensible because in my perspective: It's a normal response when someone has something, especially personally, to react in a D: way, as it's squandering something else that's important [the lynch].

Err, did I understand you right?

I'm trying to understand your play yesterday, in that you seemed to be very cagey and to be dropping softclaims everywhere. You then encouraged TolyK to press you. You then started giving a reason behind many of those cagey softclaims. I don't understand why you felt the need to be so much less cagey about what you'd been saying about your role at that point. Can you elaborate on that?
I'm softclaiming because I want to be targeted--essentially by scum :P (It's also why I've blatantly mentioned 'please don't investigate me I'm town', and made it super blatant) I'm unsure why it's being seen as cagey, but I can see how that's understood on a re-read >_>
And yes I encourage tolyK to press me because I see his interest in me even if I'm unsure of his alignment. All of this will be explained later on, but my play yesterday is more actually revolving around 'please target me [scum]'. :O Nothing else.

But I am still serious in knowing who else will target Lenglon/Shakerag. :P

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 15, 2017, 02:50:15 am »

Tiruin:

Quote from: Tiruin
(x) ...ALso doesn't it make sense to be PRETTY upset that one is to lose an ACTUALLY IMPORTANT and rather pragmatic ability/auto because of the reasons presented--including a vote of one person in absentia?
Doll, in as far as I believe in his competence, would probably have actually left since that's one part none of us can control; but I don't believe he would leave the follow-up unread. What I mean is he may lurk through this, and thus I'm still targeting his husk of an account later on.
Specifically the in absentia part doesn't make sense to me because the saltiness about being the main wagon primarily predated doll's exit from the thread -- what you quoted in the post that I just quoted was from waaay before doll was in absentia. So I'm having trouble understanding why, before flabort really verbally reacted to doll specifically being absent, you were thinking of that as a good explanation for how flabort was thinking of his lynch. I'm also  confuddled by how much conviction you seem to have about that (since you're using stretchy points to communicate that conviction IMO) when the strength of your flabort townread doesn't seem super strong.

~

I see ~0 pro-town motivation for you suddenly being so open about how you wanted people to target you the second that TolyK started pressing you, if your intent was to be targeted by scum specifically. Don't necessarily think you should go into it right now but do note that it's something I'll be expecting an explanation for down the line.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 15, 2017, 03:07:44 am »

I see ~0 pro-town motivation for you suddenly being so open about how you wanted people to target you the second that TolyK started pressing you, if your intent was to be targeted by scum specifically. Don't necessarily think you should go into it right now but do note that it's something I'll be expecting an explanation for down the line.
Yes >_> <.<
Because I'm being open about it now as I do (...subtly?) believe it's pretty obvious to them.

That's why I'm noting it openly, now.
Compared to before.

...It's not 'sudden'. :P
And I've not stated HOW I "want" people to treat me (seriously why am I seeing an idea of assuming my intent to how others will act to me @_@), I've stated something general and vague at the time of writing back then.
Also to dissuade TolyK, because I'm leaning on him being town :v and not to waste stuff on me, by being pretty transparent.

*ahem*
Yep.

I'm also  confuddled by how much conviction you seem to have about that (since you're using stretchy points to communicate that conviction IMO) when the strength of your flabort townread doesn't seem super strong.
You got my main point :D
Yes it wasn't super strong. Back then it's more me seeing something with Flabort/Doll's connections. It's not super strong now either, but I am doubtful that he can be in a scumteam with that kind of attitude. However I'm not leaning onto these doubts because how he's acting is moreso something outside a subtle groupplay at the current time.

...Back then, me 'thinking about him thinking about his lynch' wasn't before his reactions, but after, and addressing what someone else was reacting to about his reaction.

Also sorry for messiness. Not good net = not good time. :-X
So I'm having trouble understanding why, before flabort really verbally reacted to doll specifically being absent, you were thinking of that as a good explanation for how flabort was thinking of his lynch.
Err, I think I'm lost in wondering what you were referring to (which was on wondering what I was referring to?) :-[ :-X
Basically what I was referring to back there was me giving my own opinion on flabort's emotional reaction to being lynched and why I thought it made sense, as compared to Lenglon(?)'s reaction quoted.
Can't load it right now because rains + bad internet :I But I'll try to get in more if you need any clarification there.

Otherwise, it's 4pm Thursday and there's around 12+ hours left before day end.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 15, 2017, 04:57:48 am »

My reads posted above are me going emotional, and just saying my impressions. now to let rational me take a swing.

So... Flabort killed doll, Pozzai Im guessing "killed" himself for one day and will be back tomorrow, and that means the scumkill was probably Persus13.
I might need to adjust my read of him then.
anyways, Ive decided TolyK is probably town or 3rd party, because reasons, Flabort is probably town, because other reasons, Hector is probably a friendly neighbor (town), and I can clear myself and shakerag.
That leaves...
FoU, Tiruin, Tea, Jack, TDS, TBF, and 4mask.
of the above, TBF and Tir are in reserved unreadable slots, so Ill ignore them for now.
FoU, Tea, Jack, TDS, and 4mask.
Jack Ill leave to TolyK as his problem.
FoU, Tea, TDS, and 4mask.
emotional me didnt like unvote, Fou, LengRag either so Ill vote him to put him in prime lynch territory in case of no
extend and put one on ourselves for mechanics reasons, leaving our other votes in Shake's hands as is fair.
and that leaves Tea, TDS, and 4mask, all of whom got super-quiet when their votes were taken.
Tea and 4mask: why shouldnt we make the votes we stole permanantly stolen?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 15, 2017, 07:34:33 am »

My reads posted above are me going emotional, and just saying my impressions. now to let rational me take a swing.

So... Flabort killed doll, Pozzai Im guessing "killed" himself for one day and will be back tomorrow, and that means the scumkill was probably Persus13.
I might need to adjust my read of him then.
anyways, Ive decided TolyK is probably town or 3rd party, because reasons, Flabort is probably town, because other reasons, Hector is probably a friendly neighbor (town), and I can clear myself and shakerag.
That leaves...
FoU, Tiruin, Tea, Jack, TDS, TBF, and 4mask.
of the above, TBF and Tir are in reserved unreadable slots, so Ill ignore them for now.
FoU, Tea, Jack, TDS, and 4mask.
Jack Ill leave to TolyK as his problem.
FoU, Tea, TDS, and 4mask.
emotional me didnt like unvote, Fou, LengRag either so Ill vote him to put him in prime lynch territory in case of no
extend and put one on ourselves for mechanics reasons, leaving our other votes in Shake's hands as is fair.
and that leaves Tea, TDS, and 4mask, all of whom got super-quiet when their votes were taken.
To clarify, we received a mod message that hector13 lets us know he is town.  Which, truthfully, is not a guarantee but is more likely than not accurate.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 15, 2017, 09:00:51 am »

Extend. Still on vacation.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 15, 2017, 09:41:35 am »

PFP and BLUH
LengRag;
Now that you've got a vote on yourself, who'd you pick with that other vote?

Also why did you steal the votes from those people you stole from (Can't seem to find it or mention of it :-[)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 15, 2017, 10:00:04 am »

Tiruin:
PFP and BLUH
LengRag;
Now that you've got a vote on yourself, who'd you pick with that other vote?

Also why did you steal the votes from those people you stole from (Can't seem to find it or mention of it :-[)
Well, actually, we tried to steal the votes from everyone.  There was a chance for each target.  Tea and 4mask just happened to be the ones we got successes on. 

Just to restate:  Why did we try to steal everyone's votes?  Well, partly because we could (hey, it's a BYOR), but also because with our combined abilities if we controlled the vote we'd pretty much be able to steamroll anyone anti-town.

TolyK:
I'm thinking of doing that chat thing with you.  Just waiting on Lenglon to give the thumbs-up.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 15, 2017, 10:25:24 am »

Shake: Im against doing it. I'll put the details of why in our quicktopic.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 15, 2017, 10:59:18 am »

Unvote(LengRag), vote+1 FoU

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 15, 2017, 01:41:12 pm »

I mean, you have more information about how good of a thing that is to do from your POV than I do, so it doesn't make much sense for me to wildly speculate. Not having a vote has made me feel a lot less invested - in tandem with my lack of fun stuff to do at night, it makes meaningfully impacting the game feel like an uphill battle, and I guess I'm just not willing to put more effort in than most of the people that can actually decide the lynch.

I find it unlikely Pozzai would intentionally fake-kill himself N1 because we have a thing about finally both making it to D2 in a game together (has never actually happened). Although, that IS often because he dies N1, but I would think this would be the game where that wouldn't happen. Still seems less likely for him to do that than the avg person.

I have light townreads on both 4mask (trending down) and Dark Star (trending up) so I think we have better odds of hitting scum in your reserved unreadable pool.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 95