Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193805 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 2: One Up, One Down, And One Nowhere Around
« Reply #780 on: June 10, 2017, 04:01:44 pm »

doll:Can you still talk?  If you can still talk, who did you target?
Do you not know what dead means?
I wasn't sure if it was dead, or dead-dead.  Thank you for clarifying.
That would be a vital ability. I would never hide something like that.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 10, 2017, 04:40:22 pm »

Some jerk took away my vote.
... I told you guys?

TDS:
flabort: You targeted doll last night. I find this suspicious, given that doll flipped town and suspected you were a mafia redirector.
I wouldn't read too much into the redirector part... I understand doll's accusation was that specific, but we have no (public) data regarding actual redirection.

Persus:
Did your abilities change due to your resurrection?

Lenglon/Shakerag:
TDS: I don't feel like answering that right now. maybe later. maybe not.
Oh come on, now; that's a little rude.
Just reiterating: Did you get anything? If yes, don't use it yet. Feel free to ask Wuba about it though.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 10, 2017, 04:52:11 pm »

TolyK: yes we got something
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 10, 2017, 06:12:52 pm »

Flabort: sooo..... about that roleflip that didn't happen...
I genuinely thought it would happen.

doll:Can you still talk?  If you can still talk, who did you target?

doll did not visit me (and he probably didn't visit anyone else, since the planned kills didn't even happen) but flabort did visit doll. doll's stated plan was to visit everyone and since he flipped town with the role he claimed I see no reason to doubt him. To me, it seems likely that flabort blocked doll.

flabort: Explain last night.
1) Doll had lost interest in the game, see their last post, and probably didn't take any actions.
2) After I died, I got a new, different role as per my old role's ability "Backup Role". This means I lost all my old abilities like the redirect.
3) My new role had a one-shot kill.
4) I was still feeling salty towards Doll for their personal attacks towards me, still suspected them for the things they said, and also felt that if they were going to be inactive and drop out of the game, they would be useless as an inactive lump.
5) With that evidence, can you put 2 and 2 together?
(Hint: The answer is I killed Doll)

Shakerag-Lenglon: Why did you target me last night?
flabort: You targeted doll last night. I find this suspicious, given that doll flipped town and suspected you were a mafia redirector.
See above, my other answer to you.

Flabort:
Quote from: Lenglon
Why did you not flip?
What changed in your role, if anything?
What did you do tonight, specifically?
1) Not sure. The ability doesn't specifically SAY I flip, but it certainly implied it. If I were GMing a game and gave an ability worded like that, the person would have flipped because their role changed.
2) Everything. I lost the infinite ability, I lost the power-giver ability, I lost the redirect, and the resurrect got used up. In return, I got a 1-shot kill and an auto. This auto gives me a 1-shot ability whenever I target or am targeted by a player, which if I'm reading it right is a random version of an ability they have. Speaking of which, Webadict, sent you a PM asking about that and my ability from targeting Doll?
3) I killed Doll.

... I told you guys?
Told us what? That somebody had vote manipulation? That YOU had vote manipulation?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 10, 2017, 06:50:10 pm »

1) Doll had lost interest in the game, see their last post, and probably didn't take any actions.
2) After I died, I got a new, different role as per my old role's ability "Backup Role". This means I lost all my old abilities like the redirect.
3) My new role had a one-shot kill.
4) I was still feeling salty towards Doll for their personal attacks towards me, still suspected them for the things they said, and also felt that if they were going to be inactive and drop out of the game, they would be useless as an inactive lump.
5) With that evidence, can you put 2 and 2 together?
(Hint: The answer is I killed Doll)

Flabort:
Quote from: Lenglon
Why did you not flip?
What changed in your role, if anything?
What did you do tonight, specifically?
1) Not sure. The ability doesn't specifically SAY I flip, but it certainly implied it. If I were GMing a game and gave an ability worded like that, the person would have flipped because their role changed.
2) Everything. I lost the infinite ability, I lost the power-giver ability, I lost the redirect, and the resurrect got used up. In return, I got a 1-shot kill and an auto. This auto gives me a 1-shot ability whenever I target or am targeted by a player, which if I'm reading it right is a random version of an ability they have. Speaking of which, Webadict, sent you a PM asking about that and my ability from targeting Doll?
3) I killed Doll.
Why did you kill doll, exact reason. Yes, I know you were voting him yesterday. Did anything change? With doll flipped as town, who do you suspect now?

Regarding point 2, you "lost your abilities but got a 1-shot kill + auto". Was this mentioned in your role?

Quote from: Flabort
... I told you guys?
Told us what? That somebody had vote manipulation? That YOU had vote manipulation?
To be wary of vote manipulation, as it's usual in these kinds of games.
I believe I lowered my chances of getting my vote stolen, so I have it today, where it matters more than yesterday.
(This is to recap the answer I gave to folks about why I didn't vote yesterday, and also to preempt more questions...)

Shakerag/Lenglon: Now that you know what it is, I've taken it back (I can give it back to you if you want, later).
I want to consult with Jack first, plus something odd happened last night, so it'll have to wait a bit, BUT you guys should contemplate if you want to accept. Again, this is voluntary, and it's not a cult. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 10, 2017, 07:39:16 pm »

Flabort: You have seen my fuse ability in action. it is a phaseless 1-shot that has been used up at this time. clarify with Web if your new auto could give it to you, and what would need to be done to make it happen. tell me the results. again, I do have an infinate action mechanic if having me action you 10,000 times is necessary.
Assuming you got it, would you be willing to use it on us and tie your fate to ours? be aware doing this will set your wincon to match ours even if you are currently mafia or 3rd party.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 10, 2017, 07:40:59 pm »

TolyK:
Hello from Wisconsin Dells!

I now know the pain of posting from your phone.

We will have to give that thing some consideration. 

Also, more general question for anyone:. How many BYORs had scum who could revive?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 10, 2017, 07:46:09 pm »

Flabort: You have seen my fuse ability in action. it is a phaseless 1-shot that has been used up at this time. clarify with Web if your new auto could give it to you, and what would need to be done to make it happen. tell me the results. again, I do have an infinate action mechanic if having me action you 10,000 times is necessary.
Assuming you got it, would you be willing to use it on us and tie your fate to ours? be aware doing this will set your wincon to match ours even if you are currently mafia or 3rd party.
Don't jump the gun on this flabort.  Unless you are mafia or third party or cult in which case go ahead and jump the gun.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 10, 2017, 07:48:37 pm »

I may be biased but I feel like taking away my vote is more likely to come from mafia than not mafia and I would welcome people proving that they didn't steal mine via doing whatever the double voting format is.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 10, 2017, 07:50:30 pm »

I took no actions last night so it was almost def intentionally done to me.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 10, 2017, 08:15:08 pm »

again, I do have an infinate action mechanic if having me action you 10,000 times is necessary.
Hmm.

I am hypothesizing that everyone who is left can win, assuming some people are being at least partially truthful. Again, this is tentative on discussion happening.

I may be biased but I feel like taking away my vote is more likely to come from mafia than not mafia and I would welcome people proving that they didn't steal mine via doing whatever the double voting format is.
Flabort Flabort Flabort Flabort
The one problem is that sometimes votes just count as double-power votes, or are just not visible during voting, so this might be useless.

TolyK:
Hello from Wisconsin Dells!

I now know the pain of posting from your phone.

We will have to give that thing some consideration. 

Also, more general question for anyone:. How many BYORs had scum who could revive?
Ha ha. Ha... :/

Sure.

Wuba BYOR's? I don't know, but given how many revives have been claimed I would bet that scum have a revive too.

Wow it's 4 am and birds are singing. Probably time to sleep...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 10, 2017, 08:53:32 pm »

Why did you kill doll, exact reason. Yes, I know you were voting him yesterday. Did anything change? With doll flipped as town, who do you suspect now?

Regarding point 2, you "lost your abilities but got a 1-shot kill + auto". Was this mentioned in your role?

Quote from: Flabort
To be wary of vote manipulation, as it's usual in these kinds of games.
I believe I lowered my chances of getting my vote stolen, so I have it today, where it matters more than yesterday.
(This is to recap the answer I gave to folks about why I didn't vote yesterday, and also to preempt more questions...)
1) Exact reason? I was upset, and I had a gut feeling, which was supported by my interactions with them earlier. It turned out to be wrong. With Doll flipping as town, I am now most suspicious of TheDarkStar and TheBiggerFish, from yesterday's interactions. I want to have another look at Tiruin, Jack AT, and Hector, but at the moment I don't have the focus to grill them; probably later, though.

2) Mentioned in my first role (FHPBYOR), or mentioned when I got my new role? The ability said, "At any time, pick a new role name/idea, and when you die, you will resurrect as that role", paraphrased so I don't get in trouble for quoting the mod's PMs. When I died, I got the message "Your role has changed".

3) How do you believe you lowered your chances?

I'll ask. He just responded about my previous PM to him, saying that he'll get back to me in a second, and I see no harm in asking if I could get a copy of your 1-shot ability.

As for willingness to tie my fate to you, I'm pretty sure we're on the same team at this point, so it depends on how defensible your position is; a single mafia kill could wipe the three of us out if it works and I join you. That said, if it works, would you be opposed to me using said ability to check the alignment of someone else and tie their fate to mine?

I don't recall. I think it happened in either FHPBYOR 1 or 2, but I can't remember for certain. That said, those games were a bit unusual. As for it happening in Webadict BYORs, I would have to check.

Don't jump the gun on this flabort.  Unless you are mafia or third party or cult in which case go ahead and jump the gun.
If I were mafia, I would certainly jump the gun. A chance to turn on my team, rat them out, and win without them? Well, it's not very sporting, but it would be an almost guaranteed victory. As for third party, it might depend on what my win condition was, but with most third parties I think I would want to join you; it wouldn't be as beneficial to me as if I were mafia, though.

again, I do have an infinate action mechanic if having me action you 10,000 times is necessary.
Hmm.

I am hypothesizing that everyone who is left can win, assuming some people are being at least partially truthful. Again, this is tentative on discussion happening.

Flabort Flabort Flabort Flabort
The one problem is that sometimes votes just count as double-power votes, or are just not visible during voting, so this might be useless.
Is this an admission that you took Tea's vote?
Also, if an all-win is possible, I would certainly be for it. My auto ability, which gives me extra abilities when targeted or when I target someone, does also give an alternate win condition - I assume it's in addition to my town ability.

Here, a full claim of my new role, inspired by self-preservation:
Peter Petrelli (Town)
(Auto) Heroes: When I target someone or am targeted by someone (it actually says "a player" here, so I'll include that in my question to Webadict that Lenglon asked), gain a 1-shot version of a random ability (Also something to ask Wuba about, it doesn't say "of theirs", I want to be clear). If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
(1-shot, used) Eerie Arrival: Kill a player that aided in your death. Blahblah blah rules about making sure that the player was one who aided in my death and if I don't pick one or I choose one who is invalid, one will be selected randomly.
And a soon to arrive new one-shot from targeting Doll, Webadict is just busy and forgot to send it, and it will arrive when they get time.
The Cyan Menace

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 10, 2017, 09:25:25 pm »

Flabort - I have reason to believe you were the target of at least one player (TDS) last night. Did you get abilities from them?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 10, 2017, 09:32:00 pm »

Hector13
When you said that the only thing not WIFOM about Doll's claim is that they will die as a result of the claim, did you intend to kill them yourself? Or did you mean by voting today? Do you have any opinions, coming into today, that have changed overnight?

Tiruin
PFP

I'm also in a very euphoric mood due to a significant life event that happened today--and while the net is sputtery, I'll get caught up.

That said, anyone else targeting Doll tonight? It helps me to know! @_@
Well, I guess this was in the part of the thread I was too overwhelmed to read. If I had known about this question, I would have answered yes.

What were YOU targeting Doll to do?

Also, I see you pretty much only talking about the Doll Vs Me case and emotions in mid to late day 1 and not making a case of your own. Why is that?

Jack AT
Your early suspect, Tea, is still alive, as am I and Fallacy who you voted for later in the day. It seems like the mafia purposefully avoided killing your suspects.
That said, I appreciate you putting together the reasons why each person was voting me during that most stressful period. I swear I'll eventually get back to that part that I missed and find the things that I still need to reply to, it seems like that's getting less and less important.

Persus13
I see you also resurrected. Was this part of your role?
What do you think happened to Pozzai that made them not flip?

4maskwolf
It occured to me that I should be interacting with you more, but I can't find much to go off of. Please make a case about why Lenglon-Shakerag is most definitely, positively scum, and a case about why that same person is most definitely, positively town. And explain their interactions with TolyK like I'm Calvin.

Flabort - I have reason to believe you were the target of at least one player (TDS) last night. Did you get abilities from them?
We'll see when Wuba has the time.
The Cyan Menace

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 10, 2017, 09:37:52 pm »

PFP. Am on vacation right now, so my posts will be lessened for several days.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 95