Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193788 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Bring Out The Lanterns
« Reply #690 on: June 06, 2017, 11:10:31 am »

Damn.  If you get called out by Tiruin you should re-evaluate your life's choices.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 06, 2017, 01:02:58 pm »

And this is why I didn't want to extend.

Shorten
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 06, 2017, 01:14:59 pm »

It's worth noting that there is no rule about shortens in the OP.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 06, 2017, 01:35:17 pm »

Nobody ever used them before!

But my feeling is majority rules on Shortens. 50% to Shorten.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 06, 2017, 01:39:56 pm »

Nobody ever used them before!

But my feeling is majority rules on Shortens. 50% to Shorten.
Of course you'd require more players to extend over shorten. 

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 06, 2017, 01:44:32 pm »

Somebody asked me if I still think TolyK is a cult leader given the new info I have.

The answer is... maybe. I can make a semi-informed guess on how he showed me what he did with what information I have, and I'm not sure why a cult leader would have an ability like what I'm picturing. There might be something hidden about it though, so that's where the maybe comes in.

That said, I'm still thinking he's some flavor of nasty, given the lack of scum hunting I've seen from him. Maybe it's an arsonist variant. /speculation
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 06, 2017, 01:58:55 pm »

Oh god dang it.
Furck this.

I chose this game, a Wuba BYOR, because I thought it would be silly and light hearted at the start and serious analysis wouldn't start until after a random kill, day kill, or no-lynch day 1. I thought day 1 would be slow, like all Wuba BYORs. I thought the Bullshit would be quite low, and WIFOM wouldn't start until later.

I'm not sure how you guys let Shakerag, Tiruin, TDS and TBF get away with their bullshit of ending conversations and selectively ignoring shit, but the wagon that formed against me for... what are you even voting for me over again? I can't even tell, especially in Doll's posts.

So I was hoping for a low Bullshit, low emotion game. Because goddamnit, now I'm making an AtE. And I don't even mean Appeal to Emotion, I mean a goshdang Affront to Emotion. I haven't even been able to read everything since my reads because I'm dealing with some serious depression and shit IRL. In fact, it's the fact that I was taking mafia too seriously and every wagon against me as a personal attack that caused me to leave Bay12 two years ago - so yeah, this is my first and last mafia game since my return.

But then we have three newbies to the site come in - one brings a haystack of WIFOM, one brings piles of emotional bullshit and personal attacks, and the third pushes the game far faster than I can keep up with with a crazy number of posts. The three things I was hoping wouldn't be present so I could relax with a fun game. Instead, this has turned into a political Mess.

You want to know why I've been suspect about Doll's claim of infinite actions since the start of the day? I'll counter claim.
I am FHPBYOR, Town. I have an auto that resurrects me, once, and that makes me suspicious of Tea's claim that they can resurrect one person they killed - besides the fact that they'd be using an action after they died. I have two night actions; one randomly redirects the target, and one gives the target a random 1-shot out of a set list of one-shots (Protect, Inspect, Kill, Track, Watch, Karma (?), Bus, Redirect, Guard, Block). And finally I have my own one shot, the most counter of the counter claims against Tea, which gives me infinite actions for the phase that I use it, and it reads that it does not count towards my one action per phase, and that any actions taken that phase can be targeted at any number of targets, so long as I target each person only once (each). NOTE that it doesn't say that it causes me or anyone else to die.

So, vote me off with your BS wagon, at least it will help my team figure out which of you voters is scum (Doll), and I'll be back, with more powers than before (Because my resurrection power is called "Backup Role"), and I'll be confirmed town at that point. And sure, the mafia may consider a confirmed townie a threat, but they also may consider Shakelon more of a threat, or they may decide to look for a different target because the confirmed townies would be protected.

Now, I promised responses in the morning, and then didn't reply yesterday. I pretty much was in a haze of depression what with my medication not working that day, and I'm still trying to "wake up" from my mental state. So I may or may not bother reading through everything that's been said and replying, depending on if the pills kick in today or tomorrow. I swear it's like half the pills in the bottle are placebos.

And it's worth noting that just over a year ago, which is about a year after I stopped posting on Bay12, my little brother died; I was already on antidepressants, but that shit apparently didn't warrant an increase in dosage. Neither did starting college. Soo... fuck.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 06, 2017, 02:13:21 pm »

Claim: I have an infinate action mechanic, and my theme was related to extremely high action counts. this combo is why in RVS I softclaimed that my theme had a direct impact on my role.
I retract my Shorten
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 06, 2017, 02:23:31 pm »

Oppose shorten.
~~~
Karma is the one that does to your target whatever they did to their target. I think.
~~~
So... you think doll is lying because her role is too similar to your own?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 06, 2017, 02:29:03 pm »

Claim: I have an infinate action mechanic, and my theme was related to extremely high action counts. this combo is why in RVS I softclaimed that my theme had a direct impact on my role.
I retract my Shorten
Out of curiosity, does your infinite action mechanic reflect Doll's claimed version or my claimed version more?

PPE
Oppose shorten.
~~~
Karma is the one that does to your target whatever they did to their target. I think.
~~~
Too similar and too different. Diametrically opposed, one might say. In an unbalanced, unfair way that I don't believe that Wuba would ever do. I can't recall them ever making a power that kills the user as a side-effect, and I can't see them making a power that lets you undo what you did posthumously.
The Cyan Menace

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 06, 2017, 02:33:36 pm »

one brings piles of emotional bullshit and personal attacks
Is this in reference to me?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 06, 2017, 02:35:02 pm »

one brings piles of emotional bullshit and personal attacks
Is this in reference to me?
No, you're the one who is causing the game to go at a blurred speed.
The Cyan Menace

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 06, 2017, 02:39:31 pm »

My infinate action mechanic is diifferent from both of yours by a signifigant margin, but it is slightly closer to yours.

ppe: tea posts slowly, the fast posters are me and pozzai.
also, in BYOR 14 Shakerag killed himself and revived himself every day. wuba very much has made suicidal roles in the past.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 06, 2017, 02:41:05 pm »

I retract my Shorten
Out of curiosity, does your infinite action mechanic reflect Doll's claimed version or my claimed version more?

PPE
Oppose shorten.
~~~
~~~
Too similar and too different. Diametrically opposed, one might say. In an unbalanced, unfair way that I don't believe that Wuba would ever do. I can't recall them ever making a power that kills the user as a side-effect, and I can't see them making a power that lets you undo what you did posthumously.
I can't recall webadict making a power that fuses two players together either, but here we are.

To answer for Lenglon... nevermind, she just ninja'd me.  I agree with what she said though.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 06, 2017, 02:43:12 pm »

Oh for... I mentioned before I can't keep track of the three newbies and I keep getting them confused. I almost accidentally voted for Tea when I meant to vote for Doll in my rage filled post up there. So W/E.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 95