Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193570 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #420 on: June 01, 2017, 11:02:11 pm »

Alright.  I'm starting to feel like I don't hate my life, so I must be getting somewhat drunk.

But not drunk enough, as I can apparently still catch typos.  Hmm.

Oh well.  Let's get started.

Time for the reads!

Shakerag - all of the -ists.  ALL OF THEM.
flabort - pig fucker extrodinarre.  But in regards to this game, I got's no idea.
TheDarkStar - nothin'
Lenglon - nothin'
Tiruin - Is like seriously Mr. Rogers.  But female.  And not american.  and likely not a sniper.
origamascienceguy - I keep thinking you're origasimicscienceguy.  Which is kind of more interesting.
TolyK - Still untrustworthy since KYOSN.
hector13 - duno
FallacyOfUrist - also dunno
Persus13 - holy shit, i totally have no opinions on most player sin this game
Jack A T - my fellow cher fanboy
4maskwolf - gambit.  But not the cool x-man.  Just a dude with a fucked up avatar/
TheBiggerFish - a kangaroo
doll - reminds me of vector.  Which means I want to punch him/her/it in the face.
Tea - I hate tea.  Dunno about the player. 
Pozzai - Also dunno, but since ponzi is new to bay12, is likely going to get ganed up on.  Scum is likely going to try to push a lynch on this dude.

Ok, need to check on my food because cooking while drunk is totally a good idea exspecailly with a gast stove.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2017, 11:28:14 pm »

Pozzai: Stop buddying Tea, geez.
Dude.  Like.  Listen

So Tea said he/she/it was friends with pozzai before the game began.  And Tea invited Ponzi into the game.  So OF COURCE they're gonna be buddy buddy, because they are buddies. 

Stop acting like dumshit scum looking for an easy reason for a lynch.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0
« Reply #422 on: June 01, 2017, 11:31:40 pm »

Webadict
Tiruin - Shakerag,
Shakerag used a /me tag, which colors in red, not actually voting me.
Ahh, whoops.

Wait.

Why am I apoligozieng.  Webadict is the one who screwed. up. 

Anyway.

I didn't mean to vote for tir.

shakerag

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 01, 2017, 11:34:13 pm »

I'd like to note that it's pretty damn unsurprising that in an unfamiliar gametype and meta, a foreign player has the longest interaction with the only person they've played with before and who's play they've got the strongest grasp of.
Ahh, see?  Here?  As much as I want doll to die in a fire, this is a good point.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 01, 2017, 11:35:41 pm »

Why am I a kangaroo?

@Shakerag: Yeah, friendly, but not buddying.  Either way, Pozzai has mostly convinced me that they aren't actually buddying, anyway, so you're a bit late on that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 01, 2017, 11:37:52 pm »

look, this is giving me a headache. could you please re-post your reads real quick? I think it was linked in the last 3 pages or so by someone else but Im tired and I think thisll clear things up better than anything else would, also reposting wont make me try to flip back and forth between phone browser tabs like a link will.
Aww come on mate, what the fuck do you expect to get from some jackasses reads on D1? 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 01, 2017, 11:38:30 pm »

Why am I a kangaroo?

@Shakerag: Yeah, friendly, but not buddying.  Either way, Pozzai has mostly convinced me that they aren't actually buddying, anyway, so you're a bit late on that.
i dunno.  seems liked a good idea at the time.

O.  right.  gotcha.  Caryy on.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 01, 2017, 11:45:53 pm »

I can't tell if I'm sitposting enough or not right now.

So I'll just say this.  If you're white, male and in college right now - I feel so sorry for you. 

Also, this is why I won't have kids.  That and the fact that I'm a selfish asshole.  and overpopulation.  Also it helps to not be in an abusive relationship. 

So yeah.  Someone should inspect Tiruin, because no one can never read her.  And she's usually scum. 

Holy christ it's weird to see spiders on your secueity cameras. 

I'd watch out for anyone pushing Tea on bullshit reasons too.  he/she/it would likely be a candidate for a scum mislynch. 

Hmm.  well kids, I'm off to play some tf2 for a bit.  bbl

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 02, 2017, 12:10:29 am »

Pozzai - my opinion of TBF's meta? well, first let me give you a heads up that I took something like a year and a half to 2 year break from mafia and only recently came back, so I might be out of tune with current metas on people that were newish back then - TBF, OSG, and TDS. also I myself am not the most experienced at mafia. I did my reading, and can do basic analysis and such decently well, so I might be projecting an 'old vet' attitude... but Im actually not, Ive been actually IN a low number of games, and this is only my 2nd BYOR.
Having said that, my opinion of TBF's meta is that hes shortsighted but energetic. Hes useful early on because his energy generates activity but the later in the game it gets the more he mostly generates white noise. His analysis is lackluster and he doesnt read into peoples posts deeply enough to make emotional reads either. He is pretty much impossible to tell alignment of because his town meta is nonfunctional as town, so hes on my standing list to just lynch on general principal if I dont have anyone better to lynch - hes a permanant nullread. He also has a tendency to bandwagon as both town and scum, and will, again as both, push weak cases with lots of vitriol, generally making him an easy lynch for the scumteam, so a number of vets around here treat pushing a case on him similar to pushing a case on an idle player - not a problem in itself but doesnt generate *real* activity and if done without anything else then it counts as active-lurking.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 02, 2017, 12:16:28 am »

Tir: I think its too early to say ANYTHING about you yet :P You're too good at mafia for me to get a decent read until youve done a lot more stuff ingame.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 02, 2017, 12:21:02 am »

Shakerag - I wasnt sure what the big deal about his reads were, but thered been a big fight over getting them so I wanted to see what the fight was about and if Pozzai could post and explain them.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 02, 2017, 12:45:47 am »

It's more me mentioning the 'everyone' I noted in my first post. Rather than 'everyone', it's moreso the address to everyone. First portions of my post here.
Tiruin: That evening, Jack A T, agent of CSIS, arrived on scene.  There was one witness to the horrible crime, apparently.  A fridge magnet.  He'd seen stranger.

Most magnets don't start by asking everyone for impressions.  She did.  There were not many impressions by then.  The timing was off.

Still, Jack wondered about the magnet's, er, magneticness.  What was a talking fridge magnet doing in the Queen of Canada's living quarters?

But seriously, not sure what you were trying to accomplish there.  Little content to get an impression of you this game at that time, and if you meant it as a way to get mafia-relevant impressions of you in general, it didn't consistently come off that way.  Magnetism is intriguing.  May be worth remembering when evaluating your eventual claim.
Also, if you had the thought of mentioning your role/ability/true name--which may happen while reading this sentence--would you mention it in public?
I have yet to determine my all-powerful true name.  I have considered hinting at part of my convoluted role name, though.  I will say this in public for now: I'm a modified version of WWI's worst rifle.  The time is neither strategically right nor comedically well timed for a name reveal.  Are you satisfied with this response?

Jack, not overly impressed with what they've concluded from their initial 'play' of the day, and while I personally got nothing from it, I would've expected more as a result when a person goes into the game making a play. Usually you have an idea of what you hope to obtain, and in general it seemed lackluster.
Pozzai: 'tis what happens when the mod steps in to declare that the system at the core of the play is mostly just for flavour.  Doesn't help six hours in.

@Jack
Do you have any 'spicy' read on someone who(not necessarily) hasn't been discussed yet you feel could add an interesting addition to the game?
As a matter of fact, I do have a read that goes against the grain.

Reads

Shakerag: Is Shakerag in D1. Has claimed SK-miller: towntell (or at least not-mafia-tell).  Very (PPE: very) (PPE x lots: very) shitposty, though did pursue TolyK a bit.  Might still have a liver.  Miller claim leaves him with a town lean.

flabort: Distant observer, mostly complaining about the laziness of others.  Posts are smaller than they look: non-noteworthy responses sandwiched between lightly trimmed quotes.  Contributed very little, and almost entirely against easy targets. Weak scum lean

TheDarkStar: Exists.  Has some light reads, and is currently on TBF.  Mostly just exists.  Null.

Lenglon: Lots of quick posts.  Currently on Pozzai for evasiveness, where evasiveness is refusal to repost earlier reads.  Situation has changed a bit.  Is trying to move the game forward, and is quite active.  Slight town.

Tiruin: Just showed up, and so far hasn't had much chance for in-depth interactions.  Seems very Tiruin, though.  Tiruin.

origamiscienceguy: Hasn't had the chance to post much at all.  Null.

TolyK: Dragged me into a quicktopic.  Made a big public offer, one that would obviously attract questions.  Openness in quicktopic is reassuring.  Should do more in thread. Town lean.

hector13: Interesting first post, with a serious early vote for Persus.  Won't be active again for a bit, though.  I look forward to his next post. Null for lack of extended content.

FallacyofUrist: Hasn't left RVS yet, aside from a little bit of TolyK examination.  Wary neutral.

Persus13: Hasn't posted often, but has targets and is questioning widelyMild town

4maskwolf: Start of game, he came off well, clashing against social norms to get his opinions out.  Then his contributions started thinning out.  Content-light posts for a while, and nothing for over 24 hours.  I get the impression that he's busy in the background, and look forward to his return.  Null.

TheBiggerFish: Has done almost nothing but bicker with Pozzai (eventually going into a buddying vote that eventually was retracted) and ask who Tea is (several times).  Is at least very actively bickering with Pozzai.  Aggressively unhelpful.  This is somewhat in character, though.  I want reads.  Mild, mild scum.

doll:
1) Either I've fucked up Day 1 for no reason at all and am the most obvious lynch possible on Day 2, or I'm not going to be here come Day 2
2) Therefore, vote me if I am alive D2+ and don't vote me otherwise

Tea: See my last post.

Pozzai: What we're seeing here is a case of culture shock, first and foremost.  Differences in theory are to be expected, as are differences in playstyle.  He's new to Bay 12 and experienced elsewhere.  Seems to have been thrown off by the start-of-day behaviour.  That said, when he posts reads, it's clear that he is putting thought into the game.  More importantly, the reads make him seem genuinely interested in players' alignments, clearly observant and attentive.  Moderate town.  I'd love to see more questioning of suspects, though.

flabort: I understand you like sitting back for much of D1.  People are starting to place non-RVS votes now, though, and are making arguments.  I'd like to see your comments on each sitting vote.

FallacyofUrist: I'd like the same from you that I'm asking from flabort.

4maskwolf: You have a vote on Lenglon from the start of the game for placing the third vote in an RVS bandwagon.  What are your current thoughts on Lenglon?  Do you feel comfortable with your vote there?

TheBiggerFish: Let's see your reads.

Lenglon: What are your current thoughts on Pozzai?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 02, 2017, 01:04:06 am »

Jack - my thoughts on Pozzai? similar to yours actually. He came in feeling decently confidant but got shaken pretty hard by the TBF/doll push against him. I managed to steady him out emotionally by giving a calm and direct line of questions to respond to, and hes trying to regain his footing. I view him as moderate experience + culture shock. Probably a little lost about how to maximize his role but not clueless, and is able to do decent analysis but doesn't have a good baseline to work with. I want him alive from a meta perspective because he seems like a good addition to the community and getting lynched D1 sucks. My vote on him is pressure, not lynch, and Im considering moving it because most of my issues with him are resolved.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 02, 2017, 01:20:06 am »

@Jack A T:
Reads:
Anyone not listed is null or I forgot.

Lenglon: Helpful.  Leaning town.

Jack A T: Comprehensive readlist, townish.

Pozzai: New.  Very much not adjusted to the meta.  Still pinging scumdar a little, but less so.  Mild scum.

Tea: Why am I so incapable of noticing them.  This is really weird.

Shakerag: Strong Shakerag.  Mild town.

Tiruin: As incomprehensible as ever.  :v

doll: No-one is that crazy.  Town.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 02, 2017, 01:22:43 am »

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 95