Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193760 times)

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2017, 08:04:07 pm »

Typically it's just "these are what mafia is" "don't act like an idiot" etc etc.
NYAHAHAHA!

Now, from the top:
1. What games are going to be hosted soon.
2. New player stuff, you can skip this.
3. Mafia setup discussion and review, for mods.
4. I'll get back to this one.
5. Ah, lurkertracker. The thing that you zap a thread with and it tells you who's lurking, no searching needed. Also counts votes. Mafia Tools and Utilities.
6. New player stuff.

I'd recommend you take a look at 4. Notable Games Archive. Start by reading the BYOR section. It's funny.

But what if I am lazy in terms of reading extra effects ! I tend to phase in and out of threads of games I'm in while doing work or other things... Having to read other threads outside the game thread means I'll be distracted !

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2017, 08:09:41 pm »

@Tea

What's your 3 strongest leans/reads at this point of the game, what one thing do you consider the most important factor this far?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0: Timer Dings. Locking Thread. Sending Roles (100%)
« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2017, 08:24:17 pm »

Note: I'm making a bit of a rule change. I am unable to process Day actions as they happen. As such, I will have any Day action submitted be processed when vote counts happen (Approximately 8 PM Central.) As such, there will be NO Day actions at the end of the Day. I will warn you when you are reaching the end of the allowable Day action time.

Additionally, I am watching the thread as closely as I can. You are all hilarious when you try to guess what I'm thinking. But, if I miss a question, feel free to PM me about it.

Now, go back to what you're doing. And be more Anime Cowgirl-esque, doll. You earned this.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
doll -
FallacyOfUrist -
flabort -
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Lenglon - 4maskwolf,
origamascienceguy -
Persus13 - hector13,
Pozzai -
Shakerag -
Tea - Pozzai, Jack A T, Lenglon,
TheBiggerFish - flabort,
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin -
TolyK - FallacyOfUrist,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, origamascienceguy, TolyK, Persus13, TheBiggerFish, doll, Tea,

9 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday, June 5th at 8:00 PM CST. There is an Extension available.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2017, 08:37:03 pm »

But what if I am lazy in terms of reading extra effects ! I tend to phase in and out of threads of games I'm in while doing work or other things... Having to read other threads outside the game thread means I'll be distracted !
You aren't expected to spend one hundred percent of your time on a single mafia game. And you don't have to read all of the BYORs. Start with one, preferably a shorter one with more of the players that are here. It's not mandatory, but it might be helpful to understand how webadict BYORs generally work.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2017, 08:55:14 pm »

Ah yes this is typical of Shakerag. He's town guys, no worries. I definitely think you should read #4, it's funny as shit, but yes he is clearly shitposting. [1] Fallacy why are you shit posting?
[1]: Am I? Is that typical of the entirety or majority of my behavior? But if you want to know why I asked Shakerag those questions... I was probing for reactions. Like usual. Shakerag isn't giving me much to work with, though.

And I finally made it through the stuff addressed to me. Whew.
Well, it might help to give him something that isn't tailored to his BS.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 31, 2017, 09:53:22 pm »

Webadict:If we request a votecount, will that proc day actions?

Pozzai:If you have reads, share them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2017, 09:55:05 pm »

Pozzai:If you have reads, share them.

Already did >_>

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 31, 2017, 11:03:39 pm »

Sorry for not posting, my siblings need the computer for their finals (my finals are all done, but theirs are not) I promise to read through and post a reads list of everybody tomorrow, with a couple in-depth reads if I notice anything strange.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 31, 2017, 11:56:21 pm »

Return question:
Given your current alignment, would you rather be a different one? Why?
I did roll my preferred alignment. I think the only reason I would want to be a different alignment is that I feel like I would have more information about wtf I actually need to do to win.

@Tea

What's your 3 strongest leans/reads at this point of the game, what one thing do you consider the most important factor this far?
Lenglon seems town/motivated to think critically + work with others for this post.

It will absolutely be known if this changes but TheDarkStar has better tone than I've ever seen from him + isn't being disgustingly agenda-y so maybe he's not mafia for once.

FallacyofUrist is, uh. Thinking about the game like someone who expects to be around for a long time, for whatever reason? Which is probably a better tell in a standard game than here but I don't quite follow why he's directing effort toward the things that he's directing them to, or why he thinks he's getting ~nothing out of Shakerag but isn't ranking Shakerag in a similar category to doll/TheBiggerFIsh. He's doing lots of theory talk about scumtells that seem fairly divorced from what people are doing in the game itself, lots of ~I'll look into getting actual reads later~, lots of Here's What I'll Care About on Day 2. I didn't like his reaction to being asked why he was shitposting - sounded to me like ~I'm Self-Aware of What I Usually Do And I'm Telling You About It Even Though It Wasn't Asked Of Me~ (x).

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2017, 12:11:12 am »

*snip*

Did you have any pre-planned actions/attitudes for this game as you occationally does?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2017, 12:32:05 am »

*snip*

Did you have any pre-planned actions/attitudes for this game as you occationally does?
Nah, other than generally wanting to post more / second-guess myself less.

Do you think my reads are bad?

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2017, 12:42:41 am »

*snip*

Nah, other than generally wanting to post more / second-guess myself less.

Do you think my reads are bad?

One is a meta so probably can't feel one way or the other about that, do you read them in a Vaimes sort of way?

I didn't see the thing you did about Lenglon to be fair.

And I think I need to be in a better(read more awake) state to see whether I can follow your thoughts on Fallacy.

It was all on people I generally had no idea about, so that's interesting at least.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2017, 03:50:29 am »

Pozzai: +1 to this:
You aren't expected to spend one hundred percent of your time on a single mafia game. And you don't have to read all of the BYORs. Start with one, preferably a shorter one with more of the players that are here. It's not mandatory, but it might be helpful to understand how webadict BYORs generally work.
At least look at the roleflips to get a sense of the kinds of roles there are typically in these games. Note that there can be different power levels, of course.

I'm now basically waiting on Jack.

OSG
Sorry for not posting, my siblings need the computer for their finals (my finals are all done, but theirs are not) I promise to read through and post a reads list of everybody tomorrow, with a couple in-depth reads if I notice anything strange.
Please do. Can you specifically also say what you think of the general direction that players are pushing? I'm interested in how your thoughts compare to mine.
Please do.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0: Timer Dings. Locking Thread. Sending Roles (100%)
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2017, 04:07:46 am »

Woah, I missed this. Plenty of things I don't like, Hector:

Pozzai

Do you think it's wise to be telegraphing the things you find scummy so early?
Hold on, are you saying that we shouldn't be calling out scum play?

Persus13

I don't like you.

Also, this game has hammers, so please be careful about bandwagons on people.

This is a part of why.

The rest of your post seems rather... wooden, like it's there just to be there.

Mostly I don't like you.
"A woody sort of sound... Gaud.... GAUD..."
Jokes aside...
- Why don't you like the post against wagons? Granted it's 9 to hammer, so it's premise is incorrect, but why else?
- You don't like the person > You think they're scummy? In terms of what you just said. How is that particularly relevant?
- Is it because you're fighting over number 13? :p
- Can you explain why you say there's no substance in his post?

doll

hector13
Blah blah competent player don't want to clog this up with RVS is that a good idea kashira nano desu ne
Is what I'm doing a good idea at all, do you think?

I like this question. I really like this question. If I could make a question human and have s-

*cough*

I mean, sure, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You're a competent player too.

I might come back to this later. Then again, I might not.

Unless you want me to not engage in a tit-for-tat "who can be more ambiguous" thing... while entertaining, I s'pose I'll go with my gut and not do that.

Sure, I like what you're doing. You're being typically verbose though, which I'm not a fan of, and you're taking up a great deal of attention early doors, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The tone of your D1 posts has changed again though; uncertain if that's intentional or you're just having fun with what you have right now.

This isn't something I can really give an accurate thought on, given I need to see how you conclude it. Presently: so far, so good.
So, what do you think about doll now, after not much more had been said by her (i.e. after she's gone quiet)?
FallacyOfUrist
What's your role, FoU-chan?

10) Have fun with the wifom, nano desu
What, expecting me to answer? How about this: I'll tell you what my role isn't. For Day 1: Seto Kaiba. That is, that's not my role.
Now, the question is, whether you're scum trying to get role information out of this, or town trying to see how I react to blatant role fishing.

Return question: Pick two of these five questions to answer.
1. Are you willing to provide a list of Japanese honorifics and what they mean to this forum?
2. Does your theme have anything to do with peacocks?
3. If you had a night kill that only works on cult leaders and survivors, would you use it in lieu of your normal actions?
4. If you had a self-revive that only works during the first two cycles, would you make an effort to direct the scum kill to yourself?
5. Rate each of these questions in terms of usefulness on a scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest.
How is this supposed to help? I get it's a reaction test, but aren't we out of that stage already?
I'm sad there's less of it than I thought :'(
Of the game or of your own post? Yours seemed to have been pretty hefty. :p
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2017, 04:11:07 am »

...Pozzai/Tea back and forth sounds weird.

This post brought to you by "Mafia at 5 in the morning".
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 95