Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193532 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2017, 02:11:11 pm »

Geez, I'm missing a lot of things, aren't I.

Nothing yet.  I don't really know what to ask.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2017, 02:15:42 pm »

Tea
Explain in your own words the significance of a Finger of Suspicion.
It means someone decided to use an archaic buzzword term to describe someone they suspect but aren't voting. The significance of that is pretty contextual. Why do you ask?
Because I haven't played with you before that I can recall, and I'm trying to get a grip on what you are like as a player, and subsequently use that information to later get a read on you. Very interesting that you describe it as archaic - it tells me that as a newer player, you have a sense of superiority - no, that's not quite the right word for it, is it entitlement? No, maybe something like naivety. That's the one. I do suggest you don't disregard other old and time tested phrases we use on this forum.

flabort: Look, fuck if I know what the mod was doing.  It was funny, it didn't happen during the game itself, that's all I really care about in this case.  Why are you so interested in the subject?
Because it has some relevance to 2 out of 3 claims that have gone on so far. And like I was saying to TolyK, those are pretty much the only thing so far to base reactions on.

PPE:
Geez, I'm missing a lot of things, aren't I.

Nothing yet.  I don't really know what to ask.
TheBiggerFish So come up with something. This is just a pressure vote, but I do encourage you to actually join the game.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2017, 02:19:51 pm »

Yes, I'm trying to do that.

flabort: Do you think pressure votes actually help?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2017, 02:30:13 pm »

Yes, I'm trying to do that.

flabort: Do you think pressure votes actually help?
Absolutely. Why don't you try harder, maybe ask more people questions?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2017, 02:33:49 pm »

Hint: asking people who haven't yet posted this day is one way to make you seem active and yet not cause much to happen!

Hint: don't do that, obviously, as it's not very productive. :P

You might instead want to actually reread a bit and poke at what others have said, TBF.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2017, 02:37:27 pm »

flabort: Look, fuck if I know what the mod was doing.  It was funny, it didn't happen during the game itself, that's all I really care about in this case.  Why are you so interested in the subject?
Because it has some relevance to 2 out of 3 claims that have gone on so far. And like I was saying to TolyK, those are pretty much the only thing so far to base reactions on.
I'm reserving judgement because this isn't a bastard mod, I don't think the moderator would have given out any information other than cheeky references to people's themes to serve as in-jokes.  But who knows.  Why is this the only thing to base reactions off of?  There've been plenty of people who've done crazy things and people who've reacted to them, you can look at all of those things to apply pressure.

Let's give you something to react to: I claim my role as Conway's Game of Life.  Is this my actual role, and why did I do this?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2017, 02:38:25 pm »

If it is, then you're actually pretty awesome.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2017, 02:42:35 pm »

If it is, then you're actually pretty awesome.
Speaking of ways to seem like you're participating while not accomplishing anything...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2017, 02:53:17 pm »

... seriously?

- I am waiting on Jack to reply about the test thingie.
- I've poked some people about their replies to other people. Most notably, about doll's erratic behavior...
- Replied to accusations of being a cult leader, from FoU specifically.

and you're accusing me of trying to look like I'm participating while not doing anything? What exactly are you expecting to happen D1 less than a day after game start? :)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2017, 02:54:32 pm »

and you're accusing me of trying to look like I'm participating while not doing anything? What exactly are you expecting to happen D1 less than a day after game start? :)
No, I'm snarking about you making an irrelevant comment after chastising TBF for lack of relevant play.  Don't mind me.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2017, 03:00:45 pm »

Tea
Explain in your own words the significance of a Finger of Suspicion.
It means someone decided to use an archaic buzzword term to describe someone they suspect but aren't voting. The significance of that is pretty contextual. Why do you ask?
Because I haven't played with you before that I can recall, and I'm trying to get a grip on what you are like as a player, and subsequently use that information to later get a read on you. Very interesting that you describe it as archaic - it tells me that as a newer player, you have a sense of superiority - no, that's not quite the right word for it, is it entitlement? No, maybe something like naivety. That's the one. I do suggest you don't disregard other old and time tested phrases we use on this forum.

You may not have played with me but you have modded me. To rephrase, I think of FoSing as archaic because it's a term I personally stopped using seven years ago in favor of just...not using a buzzword to describe my thoughts instead, but the significance of it is obviously both site meta dependent and in-thread context dependent.

A problem I'm having with this RVS is that I have no idea how asking a bunch of individuals hypothetical what-would-you-do-if-you-had-this-exact-role questions as well as a lot of the theory questions I've seen are productive. Way more people are focusing on these things than would be non-town in a standard game. The emphasis on asking specific formulaic questions to specific people en masse was something I struggled to get reads from in my only past game here that I didn't replace into. So yeah, I do have a bad attitude about bay12's early day1 meta which is probably coming off as snotty, or "naive" as you call it.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2017, 03:27:00 pm »

Pozzai
I'm not going to be a jerk and random vote you for being new - what do you think about the people who would do this? Who do you think is capable of this, and why?
[/quote]

I wouldn't have minded. I do think it's an acceptable way of scoping out players new to a site, to get some pressure on them and see how they react, if they potentially is the crumbly sort of cracker.

I think there's a huge difference in doing this to people who are new, and people who are new to a site, and personally wouldn't do it to completely new players because it's a bit douchebaggerish, and while I can be intense and blunt while playing, I still do put fun > winning.

So who would be capable to do it to a new on site player, more or less everyone, and I have no feelings towards them, hard or otherwise, the few who would not are probably the people most interested in giving newsite players the most positive experience possible.

Who that'd be specifically in this game, Idk \o/

Gonna shower and catch up on rest of thread afterwards !

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2017, 03:27:28 pm »

flabort
Shakerag
Which mafia game in this forum was your favorite to play? What did you learn from it that you can apply to this game?
Hmm.  Hard for me to remember a lot of the games I was in.  Bastard Paranormal 2 was a favorite.  Paranormal 20 was another awesome game. 

What did I learn from those games?  Don't lose?  Inspections are awesome?

TolyK:
I don't have exactly an inspection ability, but...
Is the sk-miller thing an auto ability?
Yup.  Why did you claim that you don't have an inspection?

Tea:  So what, in your opinion, is the ideal D1 play?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2017, 03:28:50 pm »

TolyK:
I don't have exactly an inspection ability, but...
Is the sk-miller thing an auto ability?
Yup.  Why did you claim that you don't have an inspection?
I claimed that I don't exactly have an inspection ability. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2017, 03:29:16 pm »

A problem I'm having with this RVS is that I have no idea how asking a bunch of individuals hypothetical what-would-you-do-if-you-had-this-exact-role questions as well as a lot of the theory questions I've seen are productive. Way more people are focusing on these things than would be non-town in a standard game. The emphasis on asking specific formulaic questions to specific people en masse was something I struggled to get reads from in my only past game here that I didn't replace into. So yeah, I do have a bad attitude about bay12's early day1 meta which is probably coming off as snotty, or "naive" as you call it.

Kind of where I am at as well to be honest.

To me most of these things are just there to WIFOM the hell out of everyone in the game and puts a thick cloud of NAI activity around the place to be done very little with in terms of game progression in my optics >_>
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 95