Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193358 times)

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Lenglon and Shakerag Fusion Dance
« Reply #585 on: June 05, 2017, 07:07:56 am »

Again, I'm proving a negative - that Flabort is not interested in determining which players are not scum.
I will, therefore, look at every question Flabort has ever asked:
Spoiler: RVS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rhetorical (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Actually useful (click to show/hide)
I don't have a lot of analysis to post because Flabort has no content to analyze.
This is indicative of the fact that Flabort has no interesting in trying to determine the alignments of other players, because he is already scum.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 05, 2017, 08:42:53 am »

Ah, while I remember:
With regards to the strength of my read on 4maskwolf:
1) 4maskwolf ha(d) a very established scum-meta of, essentially, defensive play and lurking
2) I haven't seen a game where scum!4maskwolf didn't comply to this meta
3) I very easily picked 4maskwolf as scum in the recent BM along these lines
4) 4maskwolf is not complying to this meta as it would predict his activity on D1
5) Therefore, it would be very hard for me to pick 4maskwolf as scum on Day 1, regardless of whether this is a result of his improving his scum-play or of his being town
6) My time-horizon for this game is Day 1
7) Therefore, from my perspective (until I am dead and start taking actions at that time) 4maskwolf is town
Outside of his meta, my read on 4maskwolf is strong town anyway, so it's hardly a concern of mine to narrow down how much of that is a result of meta-analysis and how much is a 'naked read' so to speak.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 05, 2017, 08:49:06 am »

Wow, that was sudden and angry.

doll: Do you secretly have a multivoting power or something because that was a lot of votes, geez.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 05, 2017, 09:01:17 am »

TheBiggerFish:

doll: Do you secretly have a multivoting power or something because that was a lot of votes, geez.
Think, man. 

If doll had that many votes, why would he/she/it need to convince us to vote flabort?

Also, hey I survived the weekend.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 05, 2017, 09:05:24 am »

Are you just going to ignore my questions for the rest of the game, in favour of pointless comments?

Notice me senpai.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 05, 2017, 09:12:38 am »

PSA:  I'm going to be on vacation from this Thursday the 8th through next Tuesday the 13th.  I will try to make every effort to sneak in time to read/post.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 05, 2017, 09:20:59 am »

PFP Extend (When does day end? Bad internet = no checky at most free-time area. Will have time to finally post tomorrow <_>)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Are you just going to ignore my questions for the rest of the game, in favour of pointless comments?

Notice me senpai.
It's like none of my words came over to TBF. .-.;
TBF: This is plaintive but why do you miss many people addressing you?
And why do you ask something that you can see the effect of, publicly, later on? Forward planning and otherwise; what purpose is that question?
Because Doll can just vote 'a lot' but for emphasis instead of 'hey I've a ton of votes'.

[...]

If doll had that many votes, why would he/she/it need to convince us to vote flabort?

Also, hey I survived the weekend.
In meatspace; please live and take care of yourself :O You're a rather nice person when a person gets to know you. :p
Now back to work.
Now Tiruin doesn't seem to get it, but active-lurking is the only scumtell.
Well um ._.
TDS, OSG, and a couple others have pretty much done that--while it is, or was, the weekend, TDS has particularly been away for DCSS tournament as I could see his posts, and OSG has been active in other places than post here OTHER than a replacement request [which I'm moreso curious as when I checked, and as a response to 4mask, it could be construed as him active lurking too]

And since this wasn't asked; Flabort
This... there's two options I see. Either you are a Jester asking to be lynched, or novice scum. #6 and #7 are suuuper suspicious.
Why are those two options something you saw and thought reasonable when you read doll's list?

PPE
PSA:  I'm going to be on vacation from this Thursday the 8th through next Tuesday the 13th.  I will try to make every effort to sneak in time to read/post.
You have Lenglon, don't you? :V

It was partially telegraphed [if I've to be serious in doll's "degree of :I"] by the way he addressed his recent posts before the red wall, actually.

How much of the game do you feel confidently covered in reading?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:42:02 am by Tiruin »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 05, 2017, 09:37:21 am »

Webadict: Let's say a tracker follows the mafioso who carries out the kill.  If the mafioso is also targeting someone else with their own powers, the tracker would see both targets, yes?
All targets are shown when tracking normally.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 05, 2017, 09:42:51 am »

« Last Edit: Today at 09:42:02 am by Tiruin »
:-[
^ TFW you try and edit by way of post and you press 'save' while modifying to copy paste because you missed the preview button. -_-

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 05, 2017, 10:06:30 am »

well, first off, doll, my apologies, and what is your preferred pronoun? Im fairly certain ive used both genders in reference to you so in whatever case Im wrong.
next, how close/far is day end and flabort from hammer? I dont want to accidently hammer, and dont want to extend because this feels like a long D1 already and extending I think will just exhaust interest, but am unsure of the votestate and cant lurkertrack to check.
Doll - ive cursory-read your cases on flabort, will be re-reading for details and any questions on the content shortly.
FoU: please post soon
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 05, 2017, 10:10:04 am »

Reading through the thread(seeing what's happened in my absence) now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 05, 2017, 10:17:40 am »

anyone thats not doll - could you verify that doll's listing of flabort's posts is complete? Im going to be assuming it is for now, but would like verification.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 05, 2017, 10:20:38 am »

Also, to the person who said earlier extending was a good idea: yah. Extend.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 05, 2017, 10:31:04 am »

The only people voting flabort right now are Jack, 4maskwolf, and doll. Assuming the three of them only have one vote each, that's 6 away from hammer.

According to the last vote count, day end is at 8 PM CST, which is 9 and a half hours away from this post, give or take an hour for daylight savings.

9 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday, June 5th at 8:00 PM CST. There is an Extension available.[/font]

We need 66% of all players to vote for an extension to pass. That's 10.5 players, so either we need 10 or 11 players to vote for an extension. We've had at least 4 votes to extend. Personally, I don't think we're at a good ending point right now, assuming TolyK responds before day end.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 05, 2017, 10:35:40 am »

EBWOP

That last sentence should say "I don't think an extension is necessary we seem to be at a good ending point to the day." Doll has stuff planned out, and people are rallying around lynching either TBF or flabort. Again, this is assuming I'll have time in a couple hours to look through some posts and that TolyK has a chance to respond.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 95