Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193478 times)

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Lenglon and Shakerag Fusion Dance
« Reply #540 on: June 04, 2017, 04:26:48 am »

All of these players are more or less inactive recently, but I'd just like some quick consensus:
Does anybody think any of Flabort, FallacyofUrist or TheDarkStar are town?

I just want to flash them in the spotlight for a moment since with the way this is going, they aren't going to draw attention to themselves.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 04, 2017, 04:30:32 am »

I have no reason to believe any of them are town, no, except for the fact that the majority of players are (probably? :P) town...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 04, 2017, 04:33:30 am »

My reads of those 3:
Flabort - poison (emotion), idle (mental)
FoU - mild town (emotion), scum (mental)
TDS - null (emotion), un-noticed (I think hes idle? but am not sure, might have just missed posts?) (mental)

TolyK: you gonna explain why you didnt vote me earlier?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 04, 2017, 04:47:44 am »

oh, to explain what poison means, its along the lines of condesention + lies / slippery phrasing, the kind of person who debates to win instead of debating to determine whats right. dirty tricks coming naturally, that sort of thing. It doesnt mean scum alignment, but it does mean I have to factcheck every single little thing they say and doublecheck context on responses and quotes. Even if they're confirmed to be on my own team!

dealing with that kind of person is exhausting. Im not saying he is like that, but I havent done the extreme backchecking needed to be comfortable saying he isnt, and he feels like he is. sooooooo, yeah, thats a thing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 04, 2017, 04:48:02 am »

Lenglon:
Sure. For one, I'm fairly afraid of vote manipulation, as I have reason to believe there will be. Given this fact, and also that I didn't have a concrete read on you at the time, I didn't feel it wise to pressure-vote you. If you had become more suspicious, I'd have voted you, but currently my suspicions are elsewhere (and I'm not revealing them at this time to the public, because I'm curious to see how they work when not under pressure).
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 04, 2017, 07:29:24 am »

-.-
TolyK - I dont buy that but I think youre hiding a power, so Ill let you go for now.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 04, 2017, 07:46:49 am »

dealing with that kind of person is exhausting.
I guess it's lucky I'm dying tonight then, eh?

So I've looked over some of the more questionable ones and I guess these are my reads in order of most to least town:
doll
Shakerag (via Lenglon)
Lenglon
Pozzai
Persus13
4maskwolf

Tea
hector13
TolyK
Jack A T
Tiruin

origamascienceguy
TheBiggerFish

TheDarkStar
flabort
FallacyOfUrist

Besides placing themselves at the top and me in some netherworld abyss, does anyone strongly disagree with this?
In particular, does anyone still have a problem with Tea, or any of the other players in the Black&Bold section?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 04, 2017, 08:07:55 am »

I have no major issues with it. Id do some minor rearrangenements, and TDS's slot in the bottom 3 would be open to change, but thats about right.

4mask - Where ya at? Whatcha think of doll's murderlist?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 04, 2017, 08:28:51 am »

This is only half of what I planned on posting, but I have to be somewhere, so I may as well post this and do the rest later.

doll:
I think one of your kill targets should be OSG. He's an unknown quality at this point, and we have no idea when he'll get replaced, plus he's revivable if he's town or town-aligned.
Besides placing themselves at the top and me in some netherworld abyss, does anyone strongly disagree with this?
In particular, does anyone still have a problem with Tea, or any of the other players in the Black&Bold section?
I'd make some rearrangements to the list, like Lenglon, I'd move TDS up the list a bit, but that's the only major change.

Pozzai:
You're lumping people in the game into an indistinguishable "they" in this post and its really weird, since I don't think you're using it as a gender neutral pronoun here.

I use "they" a lot, because it's the gender neutral way of speaking of people. As long as I'm not 100% certain of people's gender, I tend to keep it gender neutral, which I have done the entire game, except one instance where I think Tea initially said "he" so I in terms responded with "he" about Lenglon, how come you haven't noticed that other places?
I have noticed it. In fact, I specifically mentioned that this was really weird because you were not using it as a gender neutral pronoun in my post (the bolded section). Reread your post again, and you'll notice that you use they in response to doll's question about other players, which creates the impression of "the other players are out to get me" when most of the actions you were referring to were solely by TBF. But you don't refer to any player by name, so the usage of "they" instead distances the other players and turns them into this anonymous force that's attacking you.

You're verbally supporting a case on me, that I, and even Doll themself agreed on was "weak"

It's a kind of non-commital way to keep pressure on a person, while deciding whether you want to be on the wagon and actively pursuing the lynch, or stepping back later if things change. The fact that you're now trying to make it sound as if you were not actually scumreading me, makes the manner of reminding people of the case even worse.
I'm making it sound as if wasn't actually scumreading you, because I wasn't. I found elements of your play suspicious, and so I poked at them and tried to get you to post your reads, but I didn't see you as scum. If I thought you were scum, I'd have voted you or given you the blue finger of suspicion.

Tea:
Way more people are focusing on these things than would be non-town in a standard game.
Are the people non-town, or are the things non-town? Can you explain your first sentence quoted a bit more?
I expanded upon it starting in the 3rd paragraph of this post. I think in general spending lots of time asking things that are unlikely to yield alignment indicative info is active lurking/more trying to look helpful than anything and thus a scumtell. But that behavior IMO was prevalent to the point that it was clearly to some extent a feature of site meta more than something that useful to look at as an individual tell.
Thanks for clearing this up, it was your grammar usage that confused me here.

What's wrong with thinking long term? Why would FofU be expecting to die soon? More importantly, why does that make him scum as opposed to unprepared town? I understand you're suspicious of him for more reasons than that, but you put this one first, which implies its the most important.
"Underprepared" sounds like it could have a more coded meaning than I'm aware of, but from what I can tell I think not prioritizing getting reads and thus being underprepared is a scumtell, so.
I meant unprepared in terms of not planning on dying that night. But I understand where your coming from now. I need to read back through Fallacy's posts, because he's been bugging me a little, so I'll look for that when I do.

hector13:
Fair enough. Much better post, though lol at only spending an hour on a WoT :P

Still a bit iffy about you bringing up the hammers, 'cause it was D1 and as Tolyk pointed out, 9 voted are required to hammer at this point. Seems like an awful lot of votes to be worried about.
Man, editing this WoT down was annoying. Also I definitely spent more than an hour writing two of my giant posts this game.

My thought process was basically "There are three votes are Tea, I wonder if there are hammers? Oh there are, I should remind people that there are."

So you voted FoU in this post, do you plan on lynching him on day end

If yo
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 04, 2017, 10:18:47 am »

I had some unexpected events occur over the last few days that limited my ability to write a full post.

Anyway:

doll:

dealing with that kind of person is exhausting.
I guess it's lucky I'm dying tonight then, eh?

So I've looked over some of the more questionable ones and I guess these are my reads in order of most to least town:
doll
Shakerag (via Lenglon)
Lenglon
Pozzai
Persus13
4maskwolf

Tea
hector13
TolyK
Jack A T
Tiruin

origamascienceguy
TheBiggerFish

TheDarkStar
flabort
FallacyOfUrist

I'd put Pozzai in the bolded section, tea in the unbolded section, and TBF in the lowest section.
  • Pozzai just doesn't give me as strong of a town vibe even though he's fairly active. He leans more third party but not evil third party to me.
  • Tea leans more scummy to me. Nothing especially serious, although he feels excessively defensive sometimes
  • TBF seems scummy because his posts are low on substance. He makes cases on people that only exist because he ignores things they say (see my vote on him). Sometimes it seems like he's just pushing a lynch to push a lynch and not to actually find scum.

...and of course I'd put myself at the top, but that's a given. And I'd put you in the bolded section because you don't give off a strongly town read but you do have an audacious claim that will get you lynched very quickly if you're lying.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 04, 2017, 10:43:59 am »

TDS: Can you speak more to your Persus and 4mask reads?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 04, 2017, 10:47:10 am »

TDS: can you speak more to your flabort and FoU reads?

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 04, 2017, 10:49:02 am »

TDS: can you speak more to actually doing some work as opposed to discussing reads without actually gathering information, or was your plan to active lurk through D1?

• Pozzai just doesn't give me as strong of a town vibe even though he's fairly active. He leans more third party but not evil third party to me.
Gonna have to see an explanation for that one.

The strength of my read on 4mask is based on meta, and the fact that he hasn't followed the behavior chronic to D1 scum!4maskwolf which I used to find him in the BM.
For this reason, players not sharing that meta-context should have a weaker townread of 4maskwolf than I do.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 04, 2017, 10:55:06 am »

TDS: Can you speak more to your Persus and 4mask reads?
Tea - Why persus?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 04, 2017, 10:57:50 am »

Nvm, I see why now.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 95