Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 186858 times)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 5: Two People Left...
« Reply #1350 on: July 12, 2017, 04:22:38 am »

I mean, you're the mod, you decide what's fair and tell us with sufficient notice?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 12, 2017, 04:27:16 am »

If that's the case, by default, I will need to declare Tiruin the hammer winner. She has 3 votes to Tea's 1 vote plus 1 temporary. I'll consider that the defining win.

But this also means that Tea is able to hammer Tiruin during Day++, at her discretion, since her temporary vote works from death.

Tea, do you hammer Tiruin?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 12, 2017, 04:28:18 am »

I win when all anti-town factions are dead, so yes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 12, 2017, 04:31:11 am »

You do not. The win will actually go to any SKs. You choose if Tiruin wins or the SK wins.

I know this is anti-climactic, but I want you to know the consequences before you decide.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 12, 2017, 04:34:04 am »

I'll hammer her for the insincere hugs, I guess.

gg Lengrag

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 12, 2017, 04:35:03 am »

It is done.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 12, 2017, 04:36:15 am »

And sorry to flabort et al. for not thinking that through a bit more, but I didn't trust that we didn't need to kill Persus twice and I prioritized that. :/

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 12, 2017, 04:37:16 am »

I'll hammer her for the insincere hugs, I guess.

gg Lengrag
The heck?!
Wow that's the worst and most hurtful reason I've ever had. -_-

I regret nothing now in anything I've done to you. >_>

You do not. The win will actually go to any SKs. You choose if Tiruin wins or the SK wins.

I know this is anti-climactic, but I want you to know the consequences before you decide.
What.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 12, 2017, 04:39:13 am »

You mean the SK; the person who as an aside pretty much badmouthed me and invoked a ton of unnecessary and needless points, wins.

>_>
Well it's better than the Mafia.

"insincere hugs"
I'm done. Even if it's technically post-game; I'm throwing this in. It's not worth winning if the people are petty and spiteful and choose to declare ANOTHER PERSON'S intent as something fake.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 04:40:46 am by Tiruin »

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 12, 2017, 04:50:12 am »

Posting after the hammer when the mod has previously asked you not to do so post-hammer to say *hugs* / seemingly tactically appeal to emotion to dead players tilted me enough to make an arbitrary decision in the other direction, yes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 12, 2017, 05:00:17 am »

My internet died while writing. PFP.

Tiruin, this is Tea's decision. It is also a game. Her role was the deciding factor in who won, and she can choose who wins for any reason.

But let's remember one thing: This is a game. There will be no hard feelings.

Tiruin, I'll explain where you could have won in a bit. Same for you, Tea.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 12, 2017, 05:09:22 am »

I wasn't posting AFTER the hammer, as said by PPE, and yeah I'm acting on emotion (sorry x.x)
But the hugs is pretty much sincere--also in realizing that yeah, it's also part of the reasoning of the hammer; I'd be fine either way if there was any actual better reason.

I mean the whole day 5 I've been on slow-as-molasses internet, on my phone, which can't even type well and zooms in with every keypress I do, so I have to write by short term memory.

Tiruin, I'll explain where you could have won in a bit. Same for you, Tea.
I should've hammered Tea. :P I know.
And yes there's no hard feelings to others as PEOPLE; I'll reiterate my earlier (somewhere in D2 I think) mention about that stance towards people and their actions--just like as said to Doll, the same to anyone who feels like my actions are insincere [since...that creates a really rude characterization; I can understand non-sincerity in-game. I can't, if personally made]. So it's to the action and interpretation, though a bit of time and thought helped [hence the sorry...so sorry again x.x], but just to clarify it here.

<_<
The PPE is there for that reason. I'm not a person who 'tactically' manipulates others--it's something I've been averse to no matter what I've been in (and I've graduated Psychology x.x so that's even a more indirect intensity to it, especially with my dislike of 'manipulation' of people as, both in my culture that I grew up in and my personal principles, everyone else is just like me--so I treat everyone else with how I'd like to be treated and what I'd like the best for them)
But...yeah I can see how that could've been parsed as manipulation >.<

Sorry. :-[ :-\ It's been a really stressy week for me, as a total aside, with a bit of background as currently trying to help out people in domestic violence situations (out of forum) and stuff on that level of pressure...yeah.
It's actually MORE out of character for me to have acted as I did post--but I'm not editing it out, despite how shame-y I feel about...reacting like that. It wasn't what was happening and more an impression I received that I dwelt on unhealthily. (really sorry .-. to Lengrag too.)

Anyway should've saved the hugs for later when I would've died anyway, or not. But I was still betting to die. :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:16:34 am by Tiruin »

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 12, 2017, 05:20:16 am »

I mean, the PPE part is actually what I had the most problem with -- despite us being warned to not post during night phase/during action processing, you tried to convince your audience that you were still town. So the entire genuine sentiment behind your post, whatever it may have been, was completely lost on me. Because I was sitting there for like 40 minutes worrying about if flabort had a secret post-death kill that he was going to not use on you due to believing AtE you made when you shouldn't have been posting at all, etc. The fact that you said PPE means you intentionally posted at night. <_<

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 12, 2017, 05:24:54 am »

But anyway, sorry for screwing up, team town. I'll be getting off your lawn now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 12, 2017, 05:29:09 am »

Tea throws caution to the wind. She arms the explosive device and hides it on Persus13's body. Her encounter with death had taught her a thing or two, and it was time to end her reign of destruction. Perhaps, if she had saved this, she could have won the game. It's hard to say for sure whether what she did was the right call or not, but she shrugs her shoulders anyway.

And then... there were three.

Tiruin stands before a massive hammer. The hammer is bigger than she is, and she hoists it like nothing. She holds it high above her, its power showing clearly. The weight of it should be too much for her. It glints in her eyes. She wishes she could stop this needless violence. But she slams it down nonetheless.

She would have won. She would have ended it. But she didn't know two things.

One, that she should've hit Tea instead of flabort. Tea, after all, was the Calendar Man. She controls the calendar. Tiruin had gotten Tea to use her miniature explosive and removed one threat, but she never took into account the remaining one. That of time itself. flabort, on the other hand, didn't have any voice remaining. He never got his final power from Tea. He was almost a hero.

And two, the hammer had been stolen from its previous owners, the last of whom crushed beneath it. And its parts stolen from one ever present threat.

Her name was Lenglon-Shakerag. She had been born of an odd pairing. The self-described inexperienced Lenglon and the carefully wreckless Shakerag. And all hope had looked dead. But from the corner of their... her eye, she saw it.

This is the shape that takes form when Tiruin effortlessly swings the hammer into Tea.

Tea has been lynched!

Tea was Calendar Man (town)!

Vote Count
------------------------
Tea - Tiruin, Tiruin, Tiruin,
Tiruin - Tea,
No Lynch -

Not Voting -

But the problem is that the dead can be vengeful. And the more dead you spite along the way, the more often they may decide to spite you back.

You see, Tea has her own hammer. A hammer that has been prepped for just this occasion. This hammer is merely one vote big. But you know the thing about a hammer?

A hammer is deadly at any size.

Tiruin has been lynched!

Tiruin was Utsuho Reiuji, The BYOR 0 Role That Makes Mafia Great Again (cult)!

Vote Count
------------------------
Tiruin - Tea,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Tiruin,

1 To Hammer. Day Ends on Thursday, July 13th around 8:00 PM CST. There is no Extension available.

And just like that, everyone was dead.

Everyone was dead in the town of Sundown.

And they could now see the Sheriff sitting back in the bar. Web-san was taking a drink. Because this bar was the greatest bar there was. It's owner, the newly formed Lenglon-Shakerag, was already dispensing drinks when the last two came through the ghostly doors.

Lenglon-Shakerag could finally hold the ragin'est shindig this side of the underworld. Which is all she ever really wanted, anyway.

Because in the end, she wanted Mafia to be great again.

And then there were none.

Lenglon-Shakerag (sk) has won.

Calendar Man

(1-Shot, Auto) Rewind: You revive on death. This ability reloads 1 Cycle after use.
(Night) Holiday: You celebrate a random holiday and rob somewhere that isn’t here. You become untargetable.
(1-Shot, Unusable) Doomsday Device [target]: This ability can only work after death. Kill the target.
(1-Shot, Unusable) Absentee Vote: This ability can only work after death. You can send a vote to me to add to the vote count once.

Utsuho Reiuji, The BYOR 0 Role That Makes Mafia Great Again

(Auto) Bullet Hell: You can use any number of actions each night. Your chance to hit is equal to 1/(# of actions). If you use more than 1 action, you must choose an equal or greater number of player targets or all of them. The chance for an action to hit you is equal to 1/(1 + # of actions targeting you).
(Auto) So Great, The Greatest: If you end the Day with at least 1 vote on you (including your own), you become immune to kill and inspect actions.
(Auto) Rigged: If there’s a tie, your vote breaks it. You may choose to use this even if you’re not voting for any tied player.
(1-Shot) Leg of Decomposition [target]: Kill the target.
(Used) Leg of Fusion [target]: You house the spirit of the target, merging yourself with the target. You become their alignment, adding your actions to their role and yourself to them. You become the same player, gamewise, though you both act independently.
(1-Shot) Third Leg’s Control Rod [target]: Redirect all actions that target you to the target instead.
(Night) Bigly [target]: Steal the target’s vote(s) for the next Day Phase. You may choose to destroy this ability to make your steal permanent. These votes return if you die.
(1-Shot, Night) Election: The following Day begins with an election. The President decides who’s lynched for that Day. If you’re elected President, you gain an additional vote permanently.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:32:37 am by webadict »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 95