Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193523 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #1065 on: June 24, 2017, 02:09:34 pm »

I want a private chat with people I trust, mostly because there is some sensitive info that occurs there first, before I spill it out to the public.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 24, 2017, 02:12:37 pm »

I am not mafia, and as far as I know and believe Jack isn't either.

Also, whether I would lose or not is debatable - in a high-power game, there can be still a scenario where the Mafia can lose (on purpose).

Regarding the actions succeeding - I do not currently know if I can copy a used 1-shot. That's an alternate vector to take this ("blobbing" everyone together :D), so (I think) I asked Wuba about it.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 24, 2017, 02:18:22 pm »

TolyK: The reason I am hesitant to join your chat is a paranoid suspicion that you are a 3rd party and you gain power from it spreading, and I suspect that you are currently mildly crippled by my refusal to use it.
However, your claimed abilityset has almost completely negated my fears.
so...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 24, 2017, 02:32:25 pm »

TolyK: The reason I am hesitant to join your chat is a paranoid suspicion that you are a 3rd party and you gain power from it spreading, and I suspect that you are currently mildly crippled by my refusal to use it.
However, your claimed abilityset has almost completely negated my fears.
so...
You and Shakerag can throw out inspects like candy or protect each other by the way. :3
Just saying since TolyK was a good choice secondhand <_>

I want a private chat with people I trust, mostly because there is some sensitive info that occurs there first, before I spill it out to the public.
Did you think about this and Lenglag earlier?

Tir: MY defensive mechanic ALSO causes actions to give a "fail" message. MY defensive one, not Shake's, is why your PROTECT failed last night. Mine affects ALL actions, friendly and/or hostile ones.
...I don't see it at all. [It's NOT in the role that got swapped, meaning you still have it]
Also in checking up background lore [as...I can guess where web got those powers pretty well :P], is it that missing power in that list?

TolyK: Are you mafia? If so, I will NOT attempt to harm you, but I need to know for your plan to work. in that case just convert Tiruin last, because she CAN solo-oppose the scumteam.
I'm all for this [and I'm also open to being investigated to soothe worries as I don't have those defenses IN THE DAY :v]

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 24, 2017, 02:35:46 pm »

Yeah, I did. Technically, I could just force Lenglon+Shakerag (or just Lenglong? idk) to join right now by actioning them.

In fact, Lenglon, if you want to join, I can probably do the joining for you. Or you can instead pick someone (such as Tiruin or Flabort (?)) to join as well as you.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 24, 2017, 02:42:07 pm »

Huh.  Well good job Tiruin.  That pretty much killed my interest in this game.  Cheers!
-_-
I'm done.

Blame me more, you jerk.
Sorry hon, it's not your fault/personal.  Lenglon/webadict know the tip of the iceberg on this one.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 24, 2017, 02:42:33 pm »

Tir- STOP CLAIMING WEAKNESSES. Are you TRYING to die? YOU ARE THE SCUM'S #1 TARGET AS OF THE MOMENT YOU TOOK OUR ROLE. IF YOU GIVE AWAY HOW YOUR DEFENSES WORK YOU WILL DIE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.
Also, re-read my abilities, because you DID get it, you ARE misreading how your defenses work (thankfully), and, again read the defensive mechanic that came from me, not shake. your current role has TWO layers of defenses, and the one that is way more complicated (mine) is also way more robust, and ALSO returns "fail" messages.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 24, 2017, 02:47:18 pm »

TolyK Im joining your chat att.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 24, 2017, 02:49:59 pm »

Sorry hon, it's not your fault/personal.  Lenglon/webadict know the tip of the iceberg on this one.
:-\ :-[ :'(
Yeah <_< I'm only feeling it thus far.
But please keep on playing. :-X
Tir- You ARE misreading
Either it's me connecting sentences that are individually isolated (like how I went all Dx from Shakerag), or that that one sentence is fully unattached to the previous sentences.

A-also I may be publicly misreading it.
Yeah let's go with that ._.

Anyway we've got a few claims still not had.
Jack A T
TolyK
TBF
4mask
hector(?)
Tea

TolyK Im joining your chat att.
Tell him everything.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 24, 2017, 03:48:35 pm »

My theme is that Permanently dead players can still influence the game.
My role name is a villainous character with a time-related motif. I was hoping I'd end up being town due to reverse psychology and it worked XD

My role design is pretty trolly, in that all I can really do while alive is evade death/some bad things happening to me but that I do have a couple of fun post-death 1-shots.

I have a 1-shot auto that reloads every cycle that lets me revive.
My only night action (can use once per night) lets me hide.

When I die I have a 1-shot that lets me PM Webadict a vote, as well as a 1-shot kill action.

I decided not to hide N1 cuz I figured scum probably wouldn't see me as enough of a threat to target me w/ nasty things, and if someone were to try to kill me I thought that'd be useful information. This unfortunately resulted in me getting my vote stolen, which pissed me off p badly cuz (1) I could've prevented it and (2) having no vote pretty well cripples me since I can't do anything fun until I die, and why would scum ever bother killing someone that has no vote. I didn't hide N2 because I hoped I'd get my vote back. Having now claimed it will take some convincing me for me to not just hide forever.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 24, 2017, 03:56:29 pm »

Why the claim?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 24, 2017, 04:04:32 pm »

Honestly it's like half because I feel left out/envious that everyone else seems to have all this interesting shit and I'm just here like, to hide or not to hide?? So maybe someone has a thought on an interaction that WOULD be useful between our roles?

But for the other half, hide is so early in night action order I don't feel like there's a ton of downside to having claimed. FoU did have a counter against revive roles but I'm pretty paranoid that there's scum out there that can revive/fake it because lots of people have been able to and I wanted to make that known.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 24, 2017, 04:05:49 pm »

PFP. Wait, is the vote stealing permanent?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 24, 2017, 04:08:04 pm »

Ours COULD have been, but shake and I decided to give them back.
Tir has that ability now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 24, 2017, 04:11:22 pm »

TheDarkStar: Do make sure to answer my questions when you have time.

I am...

The Ross Rifle, If The Ross Rifle Was Loaded With Those # Gloves That Tiruin Has Seen That Get Used In Stadiums, And Was Also A BYOR 0 Role That Distributed Random Useless Powers.
Was intended to be my version of a pseudo-Shakeragian role.  Pre-game chat happened, and a chunk was added in the middle.

I have three powers:
*A night action: the rifle.  Fires ammunition at targets.
*An auto: the ammunition.  Let's me select the type of ammo I fire.  Each ammo type is a 1-shot power I grant to my targets.
*A day action: an upgrade system.  I can upgrade either the rifle or ammo each day.

Ammo types:
*Foam fingers: 1-shot day action.  User gives target extra vote.
*Foam hats: 1-shot auto.  Next time holder is targeted, all actions targeting them are randomized.
*Vuvuzelas: 1-shot night.  User redirects all actions to themself.
*Used beer cans (gained D2): 1-shot night.  User disables target's autos for a cycle.

I started out with one target per night and 3 types of ammo.  Days 1 and 3, I upgraded my rifle, each time increasing my maximum targets by one.  (I wanted a Mk. III rifle, as it isn't a proper Ross rifle until it jams all the time.)  Day 2, I upgraded my ammunition.

N1, I gave Tiruin and 4mask fingers, as both came off well the day before and because I saw fingers as the least disruptive power in the set.  N2, beer cans for Lengrag and Persus: the rest of the Fallacy wagon.  Beer cans just because, well, I have a WWI rifle that fires beer cans.

I am willing to support Everybody Wins, though a bit skeptical.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 95