Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: World's Genesis, (10/10) A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game  (Read 2253 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: World's Genesis, (10/10) A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 04:03:12 pm »

En gazed upon his power. If he were to scale it into "points", it would be 100. There was only so much he could do here. But he would make the most of his power.

En began by creating Worms of all kinds and scattering them across the oceanic world, ocean dwelling, land dwelling, flying, digging, hibernating, active, worms. This cost him 5 points. This left him with 95 points.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 04:17:57 pm »

Ky'rel'soth gazed upon the perfect sphere of a world, marred by the formless chaos of water, and wept.

He turned to the enormous sun, its surface broken by eternal flame that defied his touch, and raged.

Then he at last settled upon the moon, cold and lifeless and barren, but nonetheless, completely and utterly solid, and his heart leapt with joy. It was here he would begin.

Thus did he take stone and sand from the bleak surface of the moon, so marred by repeated meteoric impacts and craters, and create the first race:  The Aya'soth, or Lunarians, a sapient silicon-based life-form. The Aya'soth consume and reorganize inorganic matter to create more of themselves, and are driven by an insatiable desire to "construct" themselves into various shapes, especially spheres and orbs. They range from the size of a squirrel to as big as a bear, and can connect to one another like legos to form complex structures. They communicate by touching each other to share nerve impulses, often settling into a particular shape such as a stonehenge, vestibule of hexagons, or a simple tower to engage in forum-style discussions about "life", the wonders of the different forms of matter in the universe, or of their creator, Ky'rel'soth. These talks can often last for years at a time.
(-5 points = 95 remaining)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:20:00 pm by Xvareon »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 08:54:24 pm »

Yato'ol'sken's three heads completely fought over each for complete control of the harnessed power this entity contained with its existence, with the glowing-white head taking the superiority over the two shadowy, ebony-colored that surrounded them who could only snarl and be cynical. Yato saw the sphere of water as a work-in-progress that need the earliest parts of investment before it is ready, the preexisting sun and moon seemed already destined with their immaterial existence, and weren't of current interest.

Henceforth, Yato centralized into the equator of world where it most focused from the rays of the sun, and calls forth a huge wetlands or a marsh, with the area of land still having soaking amounts of water within the built up ground. This newly founded marsh in the equator, will be referred to as the "Shroud". This will be the beginnings of this world for the age of land. Costing 6 to build the first geographical feature. The marsh once fully completed would take around 1/5 of the entire world's surface area.

Yato isn't done yet, his superior middle glowing head was still in charge of its "subordinates" and called forth its power to bring a new entity to this newly-created wetlands. Yato creates a subspecies of moss named as the, "Sun Moss", where their reproductive rate depends on the amount of sun rays landed upon them. With them being created near the middle of the equator, the Sun Moss is guaranteed to grow at a rapid rate and claiming all of the land for this newly created marsh, or the "Shroud". The Sun Moss wasn't only limited to the wetlands, but could also hastily grew in sun-covered parts of the sea and other future geographical features that had sustaining amounts of light. Costing him 1 point to create a new species.

Yato'ol'sken remained with 93 points, but the irritation and sinister approach of the two other shadowy heads had finally gotten to the glowing head to finally to reproach it and rest until it has gotten full control again.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 11:24:41 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 08:57:26 pm »

In the Beginning, there were Ten.

In the Beginning, the Serpent waited.

In the Beginning, the Words yet formed.

The Words begin with
Alk.

Volth Ur has: 100/100 Points.

Spoiler: Activity Log (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 09:05:29 pm »

Ur-Hakon observed the formless world. It had no mark yet upon it. Ur-Hakon considered, a pause that lasted both an eternity and less than an instant. He stretched out his hand, massive in size and scope. It crashed into the water, causing shockwaves to ripple throughout the world. Great clouds of steam formed from the evaporation caused by the heat of the body of Ur-Hakon.

Accompanied by a blinding flare of light from the sun head, Ur-Hakon separated his hand from his body, leaving in the sea where it began to harden into rock, metal and stone. What remained would become a continent of this world, lying in the North, dominated by 5 mountains that on the borders of the continent.  For now the land remained barren, but it was large in scope, covering roughly a quarter of the world.
Ur-Hakon was pleased with his creation, though now his body lacked a hand, and the molten fires that ran like rivers through it had dimmed a bit.

Points; 100-8=92 ( Let me know if I need to adjust the points, I could see it costing more than 5, though probably less than 10 since I'm not adding to the cosmos or anything.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:55:33 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 10:41:48 pm »

Hak'dir watches her associates closely, and sees an opportunity to make her mark upon the world. As an example to further generations, she creates Dayseed. A tall, hardy grass that grows in the valleys and up the sides of the mountains of this pangean continent. During the days it is a vibrant blue, soaking up the rays from its graceful sun. During the nights, when the cold light of the moon shines, it shrivels and enters a deathlike state. Brown and dormant, it sleeps, only to revitalize in the morning and taking on its recognizable sky-blue pigment once again.

A small tick of her power flows into the land to sprout these plants, if one were to measure it numerically she would have 99% of her power left.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 10:51:09 pm »

Points; 100-5=95 ( Let me know if I need to adjust the points, I could see it costing more than 5, though probably less than 10 since I'm not adding to the cosmos or anything.)

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 10:54:43 pm »

Points; 100-5=95 ( Let me know if I need to adjust the points, I could see it costing more than 5, though probably less than 10 since I'm not adding to the cosmos or anything.)

That sounds fair to me! I'll edit the point cost. I figured 5 was a little low for what I was going for.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 11:07:26 pm »

That sounds fair to me! I'll edit the point cost. I figured 5 was a little low for what I was going for.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 11:09:11 pm »

If I made the wetlands take around 1/5 of the entire worlds surface area, centered around the equator. Does it keep at a 5 point cost, or should it be modified?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 11:15:54 pm »

If I made the wetlands take around 1/5 of the entire worlds surface area, centered around the equator. Does it keep at a 5 point cost, or should it be modified?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 11:36:34 pm »

The titanic hydra Ryazan thinks quietly to itselves. It seems early for destruction. Yet.... is it ever really too early for destruction?

Ryazan's heads split into millions of smaller longer heads which burrow through the Shroud and Ur-Hakon's Hand and create a vast network of tunnels and caverns deep beneath the earth. Spanning the entirety of the world, this vast tunnel network is incredibly complex and strangely hard to navigate due to the method of its creation. Many heads get stuck in this process and are jettisoned from Ryazan's body. These heads and necks become the first Cavern Wyrms. Upon detaching from the main body, the abandoned hydra head becomes snakelike and grows a pair of front limbs. They are quite large, fiendishly clever, and can navigate the tunnel system greater than any living creature. And they're rather territorial, hunting in large swathes of the tunnels. They are intelligent, and can be reasoned with to spare travelers. However this is rarely free, and the intended prey must provide a gift or do a favor for the beast. Or be eaten.

Deeper yet, Ryazan finds the planet's core and bites into it with his venomous fangs. His venom sickens the heart of the world, causing it great distress. The whole planet writhes and shakes in agony as the monsterous titan continues to sink its fangs into the core of the world. Finally Ryazan releases and returns to the heavens. The world continues to shake and churn as the venom works through it. Finally, the world's heart begins to eject the venom and the world calms. A strange metal appears in the deepest caverns as the world attempts to rid itself of the poison. Ryazite is a green metal of various shades. It is as strong as iron, and is not particularly dangerous to be around. However, it is fatal if the metal enters the bloodstream at all. One day, mortals will covet this rare and deadly material, crafting powerful weapons in the name of Ryazan.

In heaven Ryazan assesses his power. It seems he spent 5 five on the caverns, one on Cavern Wyrms, but he is unsure how much it took to create Ryazite.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 11:47:23 pm »

In heaven Ryazan assesses his power. It seems he spent 5 five on the caverns, one on Cavern Wyrms, but he is unsure how much it took to create Ryazite.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:00:48 pm by Ardent Debater »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 11:11:29 am »

Create Smokelers - a family of animals made up of smoke, fogs, and vapours. They come in all sizes and some are threatening predators. They prefer warmer areas over colder, with exceptions.

Create Emotionagrass - a family of grasses of all colours, each colour and tone represents an emotion you feel when wandering these fields. Emotionagrass is very varied in its species and is therefore able to withstand even extreme conditions.

90/100

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 11:50:15 am »

((Does this game progress in turns or do players just keep posting until points are exhausted?))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 [2] 3