Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: World's Genesis, (10/10) A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game  (Read 2259 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This game will be using a simplified version of Iiteum's Titans of Creation, which were excellent examples of worldbuilding, and I heavily recommend that you read them. The core concept of World's Genesis is that the players are Primordial Titans of unimaginable power, shaping and creating a whole new world in their image. Depending on how this goes, I may run an additional game in the result.

RULES:

- Each Titan starts with 100 points.  No more points may be earned.
 - Creating a new law or amending an existing law (or set of laws) of physics costs 25 points, or 2 if limited to a specific area (e.g. anti-gravity, magical ley lines, halt of ageing, the rudiments of a magic system).
 - Altering the cosmos costs 10 points. (e.g. A new moon, a new sun, destroying a world, tearing a rift in space and time) Note that the world starts with a moon and a sun.
 - Creating a major geographical feature costs 5 points (e.g. mountain, sea, jungles etc). Note that the world begins covered in a global ocean, with no landmass
 - Creating a new broad family of life costs 5 points (e.g. trees, giant mushroom forests, dragonkin, giant vortices of light-reflecting obsidian).
 - Creating a new sapient race costs 5 points, but note: In this game, this race will never become more advanced than the Stone Age.
 - Creating a specific new type of creature or plantlife costs 1 point (e.g. dragons, trolls, golems, triffids, cinnamon, chaos mushrooms).
 - Creating a special landmark costs 2 points (e.g. magical monolith, motherlode of gold, well of sorrows).
 - Creating a special artefact costs 4 points (e.g. the infinity sword, the bottomless bag, the bone of contention).
 - Creativity and originality, while not necessary, are greatly appreciated by myself and by other players.
 - Remember, you're a Titan, petty squabbling over minutiae is beneath you.
 - As a participant in this thread, it is your responsibility to keep track of your own points, and post the total, along with expenditures, every post you expend points.
 - More rules and costs, as and when needed.

Spoiler:  Titan Sheet (click to show/hide)

Because I'm a masochist with an absurd amount of free-time, I'll be accepting no less than !!!10!!! Titans. Once I've gotten 10 Titan applications, I'll begin the game and cease accepting new Titans from then on. Updates will be somewhat frequent, and comprehensive to the best of my ability.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:39:08 pm by Ardent Debater »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: World's Genesis, (0/10) A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 10:47:57 pm »

Cool! This sounds fun! Question:  Do we get to do only 1 action per turn? And in what order do our actions occur?

Name: Ky'rel'soth
Appearance: A floating mass of pale golden light, in which dances three black stick-like shapes of different size, which eternally attempt to re-arrange themselves into a coherent shape, but always seem to fail.
Goals: His obsession with shapes and the order of matter itself is at the core of his agenda. He is fascinated by the concept of a world that remains in the shape of a perfect sphere, the shape he views as the most stable composition of matter in existence. Ever he seeks to attain such a shape for himself, but can only live this dream vicariously through his myriad creations. Putting matter to rights in neat, orderly shapes is his primary goal; he abhors the chaotic formlessness of water, while at the same time admiring its quality to become solid ice, for example.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:50:09 pm »

Name: Volth Ur
Appearance: A serpentine dragon composed of poetry and mathematical concepts, he bears the sigil of infinity between his non-discrete antlers.
Goal: Adding the right amount of spice to the recipes of others.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 12:38:24 am »

My yes for this game is so strong that I'm posting from a 3DS.
Name: En
Description: An oddly familiar mass of strands.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 12:57:06 am »

Name: Hik'dir
Appearance: An eight-eyed highland cow with long fur that is tied into neat braids. Her eyes are arranged in a circle on her face and only one golden eye is open at any given moment. Once it closes, the one next to it opens. So the cycle goes.
(Optional)Goals: The belief and realization of the belief that all things occur in cycles of activation and release. Inhale then exhale, sunrise then sunset, birth and then death. Something that exists permanently, such as a manmade monolith or the shoreline of an ocean is seen as an affront to this belief and must be made to fit this cyclical nature.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 12:58:54 am »

Name: Yato'ol'sken
Appearance: A conglomerate of black tentacles appears to form a three-headed shadowy dragon with very visible, light-violet blood veins surrounding the entire body. The middle dragon head and neck, is brightening grayish-white.
Goals: To reach the far ends of duality, whether the system of duality is already registered or has to be created, it cares for not.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 07:29:15 am »

Name: R'rrandyl
Appearance: A gigantic cloud of sickly purple colouration. Cloudy tentacles come out of its spiral shaped body.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 01:15:26 pm »

Name: Ky'rel'soth
Appearance: A floating mass of pale golden light, in which dances three black stick-like shapes of different size, which eternally attempt to re-arrange themselves into a coherent shape, but always seem to fail.
Goals: His obsession with shapes and the order of matter itself is at the core of his agenda. He is fascinated by the concept of a world that remains in the shape of a perfect sphere, the shape he views as the most stable composition of matter in existence. Ever he seeks to attain such a shape for himself, but can only live this dream vicariously through his myriad creations. Putting matter to rights in neat, orderly shapes is his primary goal; he abhors the chaotic formlessness of water, while at the same time admiring its quality to become solid ice, for example.
Name: Volth Ur
Appearance: A serpentine dragon composed of poetry and mathematical concepts, he bears the sigil of infinity between his non-discrete antlers.
Goal: Adding the right amount of spice to the recipes of others.
My yes for this game is so strong that I'm posting from a 3DS.
Name: En
Description: An oddly familiar mass of strands.
Name: Hik'dir
Appearance: An eight-eyed highland cow with long fur that is tied into neat braids. Her eyes are arranged in a circle on her face and only one golden eye is open at any given moment. Once it closes, the one next to it opens. So the cycle goes.
(Optional)Goals: The belief and realization of the belief that all things occur in cycles of activation and release. Inhale then exhale, sunrise then sunset, birth and then death. Something that exists permanently, such as a manmade monolith or the shoreline of an ocean is seen as an affront to this belief and must be made to fit this cyclical nature.
Name: Yato'ol'sken
Appearance: A conglomerate of black tentacles appears to form a three-headed shadowy dragon with very visible, light-violet blood veins surrounding the entire body. The middle dragon head and neck, is brightening grayish-white.
Goals: To reach the far ends of duality, whether the system of duality is already registered or has to be created, it cares for not.
Name: R'rrandyl
Appearance: A gigantic cloud of sickly purple colouration. Cloudy tentacles come out of its spiral shaped body.

Congratulations, you're all IN! We only need !!!4!!! more Titans to begin the game!

Cool! This sounds fun! Question:  Do we get to do only 1 action per turn? And in what order do our actions occur?

You can do as many actions per turn as you have points to do so, but in my opinion, spending too many points early on takes out a lot the fun, they're your points though, so do what you will! Actions occur in chronological order, with the earliest posts occurring first, and the latest posts occurring last.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: World's Genesis, (6/10) A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 01:37:08 pm »

Name: Rell
Appearance: A single light, akin to a candleflame of amber hue.
Goals: To safeguard the races that will come from destruction at the hands of greater powers.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 01:54:21 pm »

Name:Ere-Hkeuh
Appearance: A large, earthen figure first made of terra-cotta-ish soil covered in fur-like brown grass. As wild life is added to the world, his form shift to include the form of those animals. He can shift the specifics of his shape as he wills, but he sees no reason for such now other than optimum battling.
(Optional)Goals: Ensure and make apparent the natural, feral, wild side of the world, so that mortal, sentient life cannot forget or underestimate it. He does not oppose order or society; merely the lack of the wild part of the world, or its rejection.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 02:23:21 pm »

Name: Robotitan Ryazan
Appearance: A giant multi headed hydra. It's colors and eyes change based on mood. The number of heads also varies.
Goals: Destruction, Creation, Intrigue, Destruction, Destruction, Death, Destruction, Intrigue, Destruction. In that order.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 03:02:36 pm »

What would a prophecy that has a 100% chance of occurring cost? E.g. "On the twelfth night of the twelfth age, the dragon of Sympanter will rise and greet the children of the Crawling Lord with the merriments of the Piclker-Saints." Obviously, these have no chance of occurring in the game itself.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 03:22:12 pm »

Name:Ur-Hakon
Appearance: A giant being of molten lava, with a burning sun as a head. As he spends his power, his body harderns and the star dims.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 03:29:26 pm »

Name: Rell
Appearance: A single light, akin to a candleflame of amber hue.
Goals: To safeguard the races that will come from destruction at the hands of greater powers.
Name:Ere-Hkeuh
Appearance: A large, earthen figure first made of terra-cotta-ish soil covered in fur-like brown grass. As wild life is added to the world, his form shift to include the form of those animals. He can shift the specifics of his shape as he wills, but he sees no reason for such now other than optimum battling.
(Optional)Goals: Ensure and make apparent the natural, feral, wild side of the world, so that mortal, sentient life cannot forget or underestimate it. He does not oppose order or society; merely the lack of the wild part of the world, or its rejection.
Name: Robotitan Ryazan
Appearance: A giant multi headed hydra. It's colors and eyes change based on mood. The number of heads also varies.
Goals: Destruction, Creation, Intrigue, Destruction, Destruction, Death, Destruction, Intrigue, Destruction. In that order.
Name:Ur-Hakon
Appearance: A giant being of molten lava, with a burning sun as a head. As he spends his power, his body harderns and the star dims.

Congratulations, you're all IN! We now have the !!!10!!! Titans necessary to begin the game, and sign-ups are closed! I will update as soon as possible!
What would a prophecy that has a 100% chance of occurring cost? E.g. "On the twelfth night of the twelfth age, the dragon of Sympanter will rise and greet the children of the Crawling Lord with the merriments of the Piclker-Saints." Obviously, these have no chance of occurring in the game itself.

1-10 points, depending on scale seems reasonable. Price-check with me if you're unsure.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World's Genesis, (10/10) A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 03:52:06 pm »

TURN ZERO: Genesis

This humble world has drifted through the starless void for countless millennia, it is barren and lifeless, save for the ocean that encompasses its whole and the primitive plankton, and algae within it. The world is not without company, a pale golden sun illuminates its surface, and a humble moon, one-fourth its size orbits it. By chance or by intent, the world has a 24 hour day-night cycle, and a 365 day year. It is filled with nigh infinite potential, and it cannot be known what the future holds.

10 Primordial Titans, eldritch beings of incomprehensible power, have arrived from beyond the cosmos to shape this world in their image. Ky'rel'soth, Volth Ur, En, Hik'dir, Yato'ol'sken, R'rrandyl, Rell, Ere-Hkeuh, Ryazan, Ur-Hakon. Each of them has their own vision, each of them their own aspirations and ambitions, together they will shape reality in accordance to their whims, together they will form creations pleasing in their sight, and together, they will bring Genesis unto the world.

What are their first deeds?

Spoiler:  The Cosmos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Creations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:55:59 pm by Ardent Debater »
Pages: [1] 2 3