Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 20866 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! RPG (How shiny... I wonder what it is?)
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2017, 12:17:59 pm »

((...sorry i might have missed 1 or 2 posts...))
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2017, 01:38:16 pm »

Camp, then move onwards to Blasted Rock!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2017, 07:53:14 pm »

((If I can get a couple more confirmations for ATHATH's plan of action (or alternatives) we can get moving.

Do you want to camp until everyone is healed, or just until morning? Until everyone is healed would be ~4 days...))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2017, 08:18:04 pm »

I suggest two days.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2017, 09:29:10 pm »

"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2017, 11:12:40 pm »

((Ok, let's get moving, 2 days it is.))

Two solid days of rest in the empty hound den gets everyone feeling much better. Much to your delight, fried hound steaks are rather good. Sadly no one has a way to keep them from going bad, so you can't take any with you.

(2 days of rest + 1 day traveling, everyone but flabort is at full health, flabort is at 4/5)

You arrive at Blasted Rock mage school!

Blasted Rock is a school and research center dedicated to fairly tame pursuits all things considered. This close to the center the land is still fairly safe, and free energy levels are low. The school itself is made up of several stone buildings of various sizes. You can see signs for "administration", "supply", "library", and "visitor center". Where do you want to go?

((Last chance to get your loot picks in! I'll do final distribution tomorrow!

Feel free to explore the school singly or in groups. I'll assume everyone is present for any critical conversations.

From here the adventure can go wherever. I'll have a quest or two you can find, and maybe even some rumors of far off places, but where you go and what you hear about will depend on what you ask and who you talk to! This game has no real established story line, I'll just make stuff up as needed, so what happens next is completely up to you.

Before you get too far though you should probably try to find out more about the orb...))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2017, 11:57:42 pm »

Well we can find out what the orb is for. I'll also need a translator to help me restocking on food & potions.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goes to the library
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

You enter the library. The interior is impressive, there are more books here then you ever imagined. Scattered around the floor are tables for reading, many of them occupied by elementals of every description. To the one side is a counter, behind which stands a humanoid made of cool blue flame. He greats you:

"Hello, I'm the librarian here, how may I help you?"

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hello there good sir, would you have any books about orbs in here?"

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

"Orbs? What kind of orb? We have some good books on crystal ball scrying if that's what you mean."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I am looking for somekind of a book of western magitech orbs"

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

"Hmmm... Magitech orbs you say? Let me look in the index." He gathers a bit of energy, says "magitech orb", and cast it twords a giant book inset into the counter. The book flys opens and pages zoom past, finally it stops. "Hmmm... We do have one book that mentions the subject, let me get it for you."

A few minutes pass.

The librarian returns. "Here you go, Magitech Wonders. The index says it should be around page 523. Please do not remove the book from the library, and remember to return it to me when you are done."

Page 523 mentions a "rare magitech item, shaped like an orb. This teleport homer allows those who know it's key phrase to teleport to the homer at will. It is said that this device emits a low frequency hum while in its standby state." Odd, your orb isn't doing anything, but otherwise the description is spot on.

You return the book and thank the librarian. What now?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:15:14 am by milo christiansen »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

((oops, quote instead of edit))

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whisper's to himself Key phrase?
Go out of the library
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34