Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 20836 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements RPG! (Into the wizard's lair!)
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2017, 07:29:40 am »

((Your EXP is listed on your character sheet in the first few posts. Skills cost 2 EXP, hitpoints 3, and armor points 4.))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2017, 08:16:27 am »

((Your EXP is listed on your character sheet in the first few posts. Skills cost 2 EXP, hitpoints 3, and armor points 4.))
((Ah, ok. thought the recent fights would have earned more, since I am/was saving up for more armor before I invest in skills))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2017, 10:00:11 am »

((You only get EXP a when I say so, generally at the end of a particular part of an adventure. EXP I this system is more like gaining a level...

In other news: I will be working on version 2 of the basic rules today. Expect sudden minor changes to everyone's stats in the near future. Don't worry, any changes will be reflected in similar changes in enemies and such. I'm just tweaking the system not nerfing anything.

I will probably be dropping Simple D6, but I will replace it with what amounts to the same thing with tweaks to better fit this setting.))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2017, 11:33:55 am »

Skia nods to Ortflab.

"I'll take that as assent for the fireball then."

Boost the scroll
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2017, 04:22:51 pm »

The professor takes the gems and the scroll, together with some bits of copper and silver wire from his pockets. These components are then quickly assembled into a complicated device consisting of a scroll in a wire cage with a gem at either end. "Here" he hands the device to Skia "this will trigger if you throw it with intent to cause harm. The intent is important! This device is no longer a normal scroll. Don't worry about your gems, they should survive the explosion just fine."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2017, 11:21:27 pm »

Ortflab hovers and motions to the doorway where the trap is, in an inquisitive manner.
The Cyan Menace

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 15, 2017, 02:11:43 pm »

"If you have the trap, and I have the scroll, we just need a volunteer for door opening duty."
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #412 on: August 16, 2017, 03:01:19 am »

Ripple forms two arms and shrugs. (Door opening isn't one of Ripple's skills.) Ripple checks for hidden items.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 16, 2017, 04:14:16 am »

Skia looks at the silent party.

"I guess I'll just have to get out fast then."

Skia approaches the door, careful not to let any of her allies who might trigger the track follow her.

She stands by the door, ready to open it and shoot the fireball in (and cause much harm) as soon as the party is with her.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 16, 2017, 07:44:01 am »

((@OrtFlab: What is your plan for the alarm? Drain scroll, just run through, something else?))

((Edit: In other news, the draft v2 rules are over here, enjoy! I'm not sure when I will update this game to the new rules, probably not before this dungeon is finished. Converting character sheets is actually rather easy, but I expect your legacy characters will break the rules a little since I don't feel the need to do any nerfing...))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:34:50 pm by milo christiansen »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 18, 2017, 12:45:43 pm »

((New rules looking good. And not going to object to being a little bit broken ;P ))

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2017, 06:35:10 pm »

((If there isn't a solid decision on what to do about the trap soon I'll roll a die against a table of all the solutions made so far.))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 19, 2017, 06:20:01 am »

Ortflab draws the drain scroll back out, and enacts his role in the plan as best as he understands it.
The Cyan Menace

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2017, 07:50:25 am »

((Dramatic drum roll))

(5) OrtFlab casts the scroll flawlessly, and everyone charges down the hall to Skia. As soon as they get close, Skia rips the door open, and casts the fireball into the room.

(2/6,4/4,2/3,1/6,1/5) The fire ball is... Impressive. It doesn't do huge damage, but it singes everyone quite effectively.

Before the party can get more than a few steps into the room, the mage casts a shield spell bisecting the room and preventing your advance.

((Dramatic monolog coming soon! As in right after breakfast.))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 19, 2017, 09:15:26 am »

The mage is bipedial, and clothed in flowing robes and a hood. Purple energy crackles from every gap or hole in the robe, clearly his alignment has an Energy primary.

"Ahh, professor, how good to see you" the mage hisses "and I see you brought some of your lab monkeys."

"I hope you don't think this shield will stop me, or even slow me down" the professor replies mildly.

"Of course not, but it will keep your monkeys and mine from being too distracting for a bit."

"Well, you know what I want. Return my artefacts and I won't rip your head from your worthless body."

"Artefacts? Me, steal artefacts? Surely not." the mage turns to the giant bone golem beside him "Do you remember any artefacts Boney?"

"Boney smash?" the golem asks in a rumbly voice.

"Boney?" the professor asks incredulously. "I see you only hire toughs of the highest quality. Clearly my 'monkeys' will have no trouble with the 'outsmarting' part of the coming unpleasantness. Now return my artefacts and I will leave."

"Hmm. No. You see, one of those dusty books you never use contained the last bit I needed, soon there will be five Pillars. Look" he gestures at the bone golem "the first of the servants of your new lord! Made him myself, no need for one of the other four busy bodies."

"Wait, you made him, and you named him boney? I'm sorry Boney, I called the wrong elemental dumb. Anyway, enough of this farce." The professor raises his hands, with the right he sends out an energy bolt at the mage, while the right makes a little motion to dismiss the shield between the two sides.

"Kill them." The mages orders, and begins throwing magic of his own at the professor.

There are 5 enemies in the room:
The mage (range 8 )
Boney
A crystal golem, probably a spellcaster (range 6)
A spidery flesh type with a dagger clamped in each set of claws
A lithe humanoid mechanical armed with a shield and spear

(Party: 6 Enemies: 4) The party gets the first round. Everyone without a range specified is in melee. No one is in stealth.

Fireball results:
Boney is lightly singed
The crystal golem is in fine shape
The mechanical is injured
The spider looks quite sickly
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:29:22 am by milo christiansen »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34