Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 20842 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements RPG! (Into the wizard's lair!)
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2017, 03:11:05 am »

I am gonna look for the next exit down
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2017, 04:21:03 am »

"Any hints, professor?"
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2017, 09:28:15 am »

((Both exits are level, you seem to have reached the main body of the old ruin. Don't let your guard down though!))

"Hmm, these carvings are really very interesting. The left set seems to indicate an armory or workshop, and the right living quarters. I am surprised that we have not encountered any bandits here yet... I don't suppose they are sleeping? If so it would be very sloppy of them."
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2017, 01:03:37 pm »

"An armoury? Certainly worth a visit." Skia pauses. "Though if they are sleeping, would be a shame to waste out chance now."

"Are these bandits likely to be so lax?"
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2017, 01:06:06 pm »

"How should I know? Knowing what bandits are likely to do is what I hired you for!"
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2017, 01:13:44 pm »

"Wait a secound..."
Go back a floor up and look for more hidden doors
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2017, 01:15:57 pm »

"Bandits tend to act under instruction of their leader. A figure that only you here are acquainted with."

Skia sighs.

"However, if you can be of no assistance here, I would suggest the armoury. More advanced equipment would certainly lend us an edge, and would tell us how well armed our enemies might be."

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 20, 2017, 01:18:02 pm »

((@PaPaj: You already searched that floor.))

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 20, 2017, 01:19:07 pm »

((Did i miss any floors or were there just these two?))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2017, 01:21:10 pm »

((The entry, the "landing", and now the main floor here.))

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 20, 2017, 01:23:57 pm »

I am gonna look at the entry then

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 20, 2017, 01:29:57 pm »

While everyone is debating which way to go, PaPaj slips away back to the entry, to search for anything that may have been missed. (6) No secret doors are found, but in a pile of debris you find a dagger that is still in good shape. It's not any better than the one you have, but maybe you can sell it or use it as a spare.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 20, 2017, 01:31:26 pm »

nice
Go back to the others while still noone suspects that i might have left

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2017, 08:48:57 pm »

"The armory is likely to have some gear we can loot. But there may be enemies present, and they would have access to plenty of weaponry. Nevertheless I think we should go there first. There will likely be less bandits there then the liveing quarters"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2017, 10:26:37 pm »

((I'll just level with everyone: The combat system I'm using is starting to be a problem. Not a huge problem, and not in a way you may expect, but a problem none-the-less.

The issue is equipment.

The system is designed for fast light games with minimal bookkeeping, which makes it flexible enough to work with my setting, but starts to break down on longer adventures. As of yet it hasn't been a problem, as not much has happened in the way if progression. Once better equipment appears on the scene I need to figure out what stats should be boosted, and right now I only see a few unappetizing solutions.

1) Armor boosts armor, weapons boost armor penetration.
2) I retcon a -1 to everyone's innate armor (to keep armor number from getting too high), armor boosts armor, weapons boost damage.
3) I don't allow weapons or armor to have anything but a +1 to damage or armor, but I try to come up with other bonuses for equipment.

I don't like 1, since that basically devolves into throwing larger numbers at the problem. Late game would be exactly like early game, just with bigger numbers. Boring.

2 seems OK, but I will need to keep equipment bonuses low, leading to good equipment being really rare, and only a little better than the ok stuff.

3 would be really hard. What kind of bonus makes sense for an artifact sword? Dagger? Bow? It would be very hard to make meaningful items that people actually want to use.

I think option 2 with a small mix of option 3 is my best bet, and with loot quickly becoming required I need to do something soon. Unless someone has a better idea, don't be surprised if your 1 armor suddenly becomes 0. Also I will probably cap innate armor at 2. Elementals that don't wear traditional clothing will still have armor options, and elementals with innate weapons will be allowed to get items or similar that boost their damage.

Numbers will remain low, but even so, I hope to make new weapons/armors fell like meaningful Improvement. Keep in mind that this is an all new setting, being run by a novice GM who has never run, or even played, a game like this before. Some growing pains are to be expected. Feel free to make suggestions!

Anyway, I won't be doing anything imediatly, but I will be soon.))
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34