Poll

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Yes
- 4 (50%)
No
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Game Over - Il Palazzo wins  (Read 33910 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 27 - To Glory
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2017, 06:30:52 pm »

If you mean in its most basic form, it's "if you have a fort that's not under siege, spectral peltasts, hoplites, archers (who can shoot underwater), commanders, ephors, and philosophers will spawn (roughly in that order of frequency for troops and commanders, respectively) and if the fort has a temple spectral kouretes will spawn as well (much less frequently)", and that goes for both land and sea provinces. However, I don't know the precise relationship between number of candles and number of freespawn aside from "more means more". Ephors (and other undead priests) set to summon will get one spectral troop (usually peltast/hoplite, sometimes archer, rarely kourete) per holy level, and if their holy level is above one, all the spectres spawned in a given round will be the same (so if the RNG gives a spectral prophetized ephor kouretes, you get three).

And of course, since all these wretched lost souls are conscious amphibians with Str 10-12, they're an absolute miserable bunch of vermin to root out of castles...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:33:29 pm by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2017, 01:46:38 am »

No, I did mean actual formulas. I've had a 1-candle fort generate something like or 7-8 peltasts, which would be good even for my becandled home province, so it's obviously chance-based to a large degree, possibly with some soft cap. I just want to know how much one does actually gain by getting/sacrificing one extra candle when designing pretenders.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2017, 08:06:02 am »

Oh, Lanka, you slanderous knave, you. 13 UW provinces is, like, twice what we've got.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2017, 08:14:41 am »

You're both malakal.

I should've gone underwater.  StR isn't that bad and nemedians are really strong against therodos so I could've held my own down there.  I don't see myself lasting much longer.  For the record I had a singularly horrible starting location.  One underwater (should've gone there, but still), two 60+ barbarians.  Of the three viable provinces, one was immediately cut off by a river on three sides so it didn't go anywhere.  One led directly to two other players.  The last was a swamp, cordoned by mountains to lead to a wasteland, which led to another player.  If I'd picked somebody with more than just slingers the barbs probably would've been doable, but an awkward start either way.
Shoes...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2017, 09:29:17 am »

I should've gone underwater.  StR isn't that bad and nemedians are really strong against therodos so I could've held my own down there.
You know there are two lakes, right? And that I'm in the other one?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2017, 09:45:08 am »

How would you be so sure of that unless you have 13 provinces and can see the entire coastline?
Shoes...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2017, 10:38:12 am »

Oh, I've spread out a bit here and there. Just not so much in the lake. The lake is scary and occupied by Marverni.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2017, 12:05:07 pm »

In re: freespawn numbers... I've never seen formulas produced anywhere, and my personal experience is "it's flaky and pretty varied". Very helpful, I know.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2017, 12:56:30 pm »

Given that there are 24 sea provinces and you already took plenty of land provinces...

###

There is a lot of cheeky expanding going on with people trying to encircle/cut off others from indi lands...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2017, 02:00:25 pm »

Oh, Lanka, you slanderous knave, you. 13 UW provinces is, like, twice what we've got.

The real criminal here is the leaker.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2017, 02:29:28 am »

True, might be the biggest betrayal ever

#ever
#who trusts Il Palazzo that much?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2017, 02:47:20 am »

I know I probably shouldn't say it, buut...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2017, 03:09:38 am »

Well that seems to be the end of that.

I was out of practice for expanding as Fomoria, but I dunno how much practice can get me into 60+ barbarian indies with slingers and giants.  Maybe nemedians would've done it.  Maybe I would've immediately run into lanka and ermor if I'd gotten through them. 
Shoes...

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2017, 06:34:34 am »

So hey Dominions on Steam just updated to 4.31 so here's hoping that doesn't mess anything up.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2017, 12:07:46 pm »

I was wondering if we could agree not to use skelly amulet assassins? These fuckers are plain broken, imo, and should be banned forever.
I'm not even sure if anyone can feasibly pull them off, but just in case...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26