Poll

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Yes
- 4 (50%)
No
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Game Over - Il Palazzo wins  (Read 33799 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 27 - Crazy Cluster*uck
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2017, 06:16:26 am »

Before I got violated by 3 players at once, I had 2 provinces with temples, making priests. They just reanimate long-dead all day and the occasional high priest for a bit more.

I put all my eggs in a now broken basket, since any kind of late-game scaling was lost a long time ago.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2017, 06:23:45 am »

Do you get mound kings from regular priestly reanimation as well? Or does that require spells?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2017, 06:26:33 am »

Revive king, 3 death gems.

They are quite good, you can put bows on them and when Tir'na'ogh tries to assassinate them they sometimes just lance-charge the assassin right in the face.

They are so cheap, they where a big part of the rand-gen game, since you can just rez them, put a skelli-spam-ulet on them and call it a day (total price 4 Death Gems in that game for me).

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 15, 2017, 01:29:50 pm »

Hosting postponed for AlStar

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2017, 03:17:29 pm »

Hosting postponed for AlStar
Thanks for that - things have been a bit crazy lately, but I should be able to get my turn in after work (call it 3 hours or so from now.)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2017, 06:47:49 pm »

Last chance to stop me!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 16, 2017, 06:16:35 am »

The Walking disco of sun spell spammers that could do that is busy killing my undead.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 16, 2017, 09:46:55 am »

No, seriously. AlStar better pull off a heroic defence, or it's a win in two turns.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2017, 01:04:08 pm »

Alright, I'll be claiming the last throne point this month. I don't think it can be stopped with sufficiently high probability.

I'll send my armies to attack whatever I can, or set them to patrol if at a fort, so that people can get some last turn epic battles, if they care (give me a shout if you want to coordinate some battles).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:54:58 pm by Il Palazzo »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 17, 2017, 01:58:45 pm »

All in @140 (Lovendale, the castle to the right of Lanka)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2017, 06:32:05 pm »

I set all my guys to patrol outside of Ur is you want to hit them. Probably my scripting is again insufficient to do any serious damage.

Thanks all for the game and belated apologies for disappearing for a week.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 19, 2017, 12:48:37 am »

Even if I got knocked out before the end, it was a lot of fun. Thanks everyone. ^_^
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 19, 2017, 01:27:29 am »

Oh right this, sorry I'll get my turn in a few hoursish.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2017, 04:24:49 am »

Thanks for playing everyone.

I realise how bland this victory is. All I've done was cast Earthquake ever since I hit evocations 5, pretty much all the time.
Weirdly, Hinnom being the only remaining nation who would just shrug it off, was busy fighting everyone but me.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2017, 05:23:42 am »

Shademail Haubergeon I'm guessing? I was figuring I had another turn to breach the fort, as you'd be theoretically teleporting your Pretender in, but with that force that was just a pipe dream, a cobbled together force of all the lizard mages I ever recruited bar a few...

Now, since Eyes of God was in fact 'dispelled' this final turn, everyone can see the score charts now yeah?...

I really should've screenshoted them earlier to rally support...

Now, my list of regrets:

The only thing I learned about my tactics is that turn one defensive earthquakes hard counters it. Nothing you can do about that at all really, unless I blitzed Construction 8 for the Sword of Augelmer for its autocast of Will of the Fates. And with a heavy communion trying to equip every single mage with an anti-quake item is prohibitively expensive... The two major battles I had, one was a cobbled together mageline which your archers unerringly shot at. Lucky at targeting the guard squad I guess... I appreciate you not quaking it into oblivion though, I'm fairly certain you had a lab with which to resupply. The other? I must've assigned one slave too few or something... Set off a Fire Storm without a Fire Fend as a result. It was as self-destructive as it was helpful.

The fact that I truly and utterly overcompensated on that one army for the Throne of the Elements... That set me completely on the back foot there... Well, that and my delays in initiating that assault... I was waiting on Lanka, we'd make a coordinated assault with him being bait basically... Should've just charged in, I would've preempted his invasion of Tir na n'Og. Yes, wouldn't have quake resistance then. Or any heavy defensive measures. Or the +9 morale (or was it +8?) commander of awesomeness. And I would've had a huge target on my back as Marverni wouldn't have made their power-play. But I'd still have Fire Fend, Heat From Hell, Fire Storm, Relief, Mass Regen, Flame Javelin Spam, and a whole lot of Pillar of Fire casters... I spent like 30 minutes on that formation too, making sure that every Auger was neatly in that box, no more than 3 to a square.....

But oh well, Well Played I suppose, Hinnom never anticipated you just taking his throne huh?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26