Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Against the Gods (IC) (10/8) - Year 3  (Read 6385 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Against the Gods (IC) (10/8) - Year 1
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2017, 05:42:02 am »

The Prince of Guerrand suppressed his irritation at the blatant snub by the Royal Protector. She'd not even acknowledged either of his proposals. Guerrand and Graņif were natural allies, especially given the monster at their border. They needed to show a strong and united front against Varxsea and any others who might be looking with hunger upon their lands. Marrying her was not ideal - his people would much prefer a younger woman with many child-bearing years before her - but he could think of no better way to cement an alliance.

He snapped back to the conversation, playing it back in his head to make sure he'd heard that right. The northerner was rather spectacularily mad, but past her heathen fanaticism, her words... concerned Filios. He considered his words carefully.

'Have any of you heard of something called a 'Torian Deal'?' he asked, adopting a casual tone. 'Or of an ashen-skinned man with a spear? I fear there may be something to your words, Fyrdottr. It seems several of us have been approached.'
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 10:37:32 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ĄNo parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2017, 11:03:40 am »

"He seemed as a man, but too beautiful for this world. His mere presence made my pains fade from me, and yes, he seemed of great magical power."

The Royal Protector, despite the coincidences, saw only a passing familiarity between the figures. That said, she did have other aspirations. "Hmm...quite interesting. Perhaps you ought send some of your priests to my court so that I may learn more at another time."
The Prince of Guerrand suppressed his irritation at the blatant snub by the Royal Protector. She'd not even acknowledged either of his proposals. Guerrand and Graņif were natural allies, especially given the monster at their border. They needed to show a strong and united front against Varxsea and any others who might be looking with hunger upon their lands. Marrying her was not ideal - his people would much prefer a younger woman with many child-bearing years before her - but he could think of no better way to cement an alliance.

He snapped back to the conversation, playing it back in his head to make sure he'd heard that right. The northerner was rather spectacularily mad, but past her heathen fanaticism, her words... concerned Filios. He considered his words carefully.

'Have any of you heard of something called a 'Torian Deal'?' he asked, adopting a casual tone. 'Or of an ashen-skinned man with a spear? I fear there may be something to your words, Fyrdottr. It seems several of us have been approached.'
"Neither of these are familiar to me, unfortunately."

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:20:24 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2017, 11:27:31 am »

Sensing a lull in the discussion, and feeling the need to turn away from the superstitious, Well, it seems the issues have been discussed and that interested parties may discuss them further in private. Were there other issues to bring before this group? For if we are here to discuss spooks and sprites, Jautonlund has nothing to discuss.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2017, 11:36:00 am »

"Hmph, all this talk about ill omens makes me think you all have far too magic. Varxsea has no such omens, prophesies or even voices carried in the wind. For us, our threats are merely material and can be dealt with in a material fashion."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2017, 11:38:20 am »

Sensing a lull in the discussion, and feeling the need to turn away from the superstitious, Well, it seems the issues have been discussed and that interested parties may discuss them further in private. Were there other issues to bring before this group? For if we are here to discuss spooks and sprites, Jautonlund has nothing to discuss.

"Agreed, unless anyone else has anything of note to say, this meeting ought end soon."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2017, 12:29:30 pm »

"I agree that we should adjourn soon. I have nothing more to say."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2017, 09:32:03 am »

when the meeting is over I Head home, And brush up on my (rather general and basic) Knowledge of magic over the year.

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2017, 02:49:54 pm »

Rinklefich returns home and organizes an expedition into the Wilds to gain better understanding of it as well as to collect specimens of strange plants and animals.
Rinklefich also begins investigating magic, creating a National Joutonlund Magic Institute to collect mages and study magic.
Ricklefich also allows his tradeships to visit Stills Atoll in order to sell goods and raw materials to the merchants there.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2017, 03:51:04 am »

Send a trade mission to Granif, to formalize trade ties in an official treaty, to ensure stable exchange. Top it off with a non-aggression treaty.
Send envoys to Guearrand to sign permanent mercenary deals (guaranteed jobs in exchange for discounts). Top it off with a similar non-aggression treaty.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2017, 04:04:13 am »

Develop even more luxuries, especially for sale to other nations
Work out a trade deal to sell off excess luxuries, assuming there is such a thing
Begin preliminary investigations into magic
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2017, 03:36:52 pm »

Graņif accepts the Enorian Republic offers.
Graņif holds court. The Royal Protector desires to determine what can be done to increase her people's happiness.
The Royal Protector announces that she requires a magical advisor.
Organise meeting with the Trade Corporations to determine what is currently in demand, what is common on the market and future trends in the world market.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2017, 02:22:09 am »

Undertake a tour of Guerrand, tending to the people's troubles, finding out their concerns. A good Prince must tend to his people's happiness.

On tour, search the archives of temples, libraries and monasteries for information on magic, the Fallen Kingdoms, and any mentions of the mysterious people described during the meeting.

Accept the Enorian offer... as long as those discounts are not too unreasonable.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ĄNo parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2017, 07:04:59 am »

Varxsea starts to implement a public education system, ensuring basic curriculum to ensure that, eventually, every Varxsean is able to read and possibly write. In addition, a religious element is in place in the curriculum to ensure that each and every student is inundated with loyalty to the Autarch.

A formal military academy is established in preparation for a massive armed forces reform; with a requirement that in ten years time all officers in the army must have graduated from it. Intended to not only cover military tactics and strategy, the academy is to be the epicentre of modern military development with the core of it's teachers being formed from retired officers and the like from the army.

The Varxsean inquisition in founded in regards to the rumours of magic. If said rumours prove to be true, the inquisition is charged with ensuing no mage on Varxsean soil lives long enough to practice their dangerous craft; to suffer the mage to live is to invite the catastrophes that brought down the fallen kingdoms and created the ash wastes back into being. In addition, the Inquisition is also tasked and trained for rooting out heresies & crime (All crime is heretical), acting as the investigators in regards to crime. Loyalty to the Autarch and their commands is considered a high priority trait in the inquisition, along with a significant conscience; ensuring that these powerful individuals do not abuse their powers for personal gain is a necessity in making the inquisition effective.

Furthermore, in addition to the inquisition, a uniformed police force is started, though only introduced into the larger cities at this point. Primarily intended to act as a deterrent for crime by being visible and detecting crime by just being more present around the cities. Intended to be a civilian force, the Varxsean police are a full-time professional police force capable of keeping the peace without help from the military, thereby freeing up the military for offensive campaigns. Equipped lightly in comparison to the professional military, the police are generally armoured with chainmail shirt, bracers and a helmet designed to be worn with one's mask & equipped with slender iron clubs. The police are intended to act in conjunction with the detectives; the police detect crimes and pass them on to the inquisition to solve and assist the inquisition in making arrests in those cases.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2017, 08:30:33 am »

((This is not the turn update yet. Several actions are conditional on others or happen in the timeline before that))

Var Caedwys, Mid-Spring

The Spring Hails have started to subside and for a change, the weather in Var Caedwys is good.

At the same time, the people are in an uproar. Outraged masses have gathered in front of the Palace of the Fyrdottir. Somebody has tried to kill her! Knives in the Dark, Drezillian by appearance. The confusion is great, but the Fyrdottir is still alive. The Assassins failed, slain by the ever trustworthy Fanatics. The walls were painted with the blood of the Assassins and justice was served for now...yet Var Caedwys hungers for more...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2017, 08:44:42 am »

Varxsea offers condolences to Var Caedwys over the attempted assassination of the Fyrdottir, and condemns both Drezillia and the city of assassins for the barbaric act of targeting a ruler of a nation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6