Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28339 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken
« Reply #345 on: June 08, 2017, 12:25:28 pm »

Gruuuuuuuugh
NCA: GET. ON. THE. FUCKING. BOAT

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2017, 04:33:21 pm »

Hey, just felt like stating an idea, I would like it to be that Marco's good guy dad died leaving him with his abusive and cruel mother because the opposite is used too often and I'm kind of getting sick of it.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 08, 2017, 05:50:57 pm »

Cinderella. Got it.

Also, I've been driving a lot these past days, so don't expect an update until midday tomorrow.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2017, 05:55:54 pm »

Cinderella. Got it.

Also, I've been driving a lot these past days, so don't expect an update until midday tomorrow.

Not Cinderella! Though now that you point it out I notice that you are accurate.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 08, 2017, 05:56:27 pm »

Cinderella. Got it.

Not Cinderella! Though now that you point it out I notice that you are accurate.
So, Cinderella.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2017, 06:14:13 pm »

Cinderella. Got it.

So, Cinderella.
Shut up Glass.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2017, 06:46:10 pm »

Cinderella. Got it.

So, Cinderella.
Shut up Glass.
So Cinderella.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2017, 07:09:25 pm »

Cinderella. Got it.

So, Cinderella.
Shut up Glass.
So Cinderella.
Shut up johiah

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 08, 2017, 07:11:37 pm »

Cinderella. Got it.

So, Cinderella.
Shut up Glass.
So Cinderella.
Shut up johiah
You're only making it more tempting to taunt you. Besides, you mentioned that the moniker was accurate.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 09, 2017, 12:12:36 pm »

Turn 24

Time seemed to stop. For what felt like two whole days, everybody desperately wanted to move, but time wouldn't allow it. There was no reason for this to happen, that anybody could know, but finally, things started moving again.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: none
CA: deep breathing (5)
There are only so many ways to describe somebod breathing. Everybody is familiar with the process (except maybe the underwater guy, who knows if he understands how breathing works) Rest assured, it was a very beautiful breath that Saraket took.
success

Daisypants:
NCA: consider moving (4)
Now that the Kraken was underwater, you prepare yourself to leave the ship if needed.
+1 to NCA's involving movement (1 turn)
CA: none

Marco:
NCA: Remember suffering (5)
You recall your insuferable childhood, wraught with demon rituals and blood sacrifices. It was these rituals that gave you the power of demons, if only your human body was strong enough to use their true power. You remember the suffering, and some of that power flows through you.
+1 to next attack
CA: magic beam eye (4-1-1+1+1=4)
You unleash a beam of pure darkness. It strikes the water, and refracts in every direction, surrounding the beast. The shadows then converge, into the eye socket, filling the void, and exerting a demonic force in every direction, ripping open flesh while the Kraken was yet underwater.
100 damage to head

HeadChopper:
NCA: Prepare to strike the Kraken (1)
Now that you were safely on a ship again, you prepare to strike the Kraken, should it appear. But you are utterly exhausted from your swim (the lobster farm didn't exactly give you practice for swimming) and you collapse to the ground.
-1 to next turn actions
CA: none

Grug:
NCA: Swim to ship 6 (6)
Seeing the Kraken disappear underwater put a new kind of fear in you, and you swim so fast, so furiously, that you to collapse onto the deck once you climb aboard.
-1 to next turn actions
CA: none.

Urist:
NCA: Play FNV theme (4)
You play a apacalyptic sounding melody, but without a full orchestra behind you, the sound isn't all that invigorating.
CA: Magic Beam (head?) (2-1=2)
This next shot also misses wildly, but at least you are putting on a show!

Sally:
NCA: Get to ship 5 (Free teleport)
A clumsy young girl falls out of the air into ship 5. She bore a striking resemblence to somebody else. "Has anybody seen my twin sister?" She said. "I was told she was last seen applying for a job here."
CA(Magic Bolt?) Tentacle 1 (6-1=6)
You wave your pretty little stick around, and a ball of plasma launches in a random direction. It strikes the barely-still-functioning tentacle, exploding it in a starburst of gore and blood.
100 damage to tentacle 1, tentacle 1 is destroyed
Level Up!

Free Attack: Wave ship 5 (3)
A wave from under the water comes in responce, crashing into the ship, and throwing you to the ground. Some water splashes over the side and gets in your eyes and messes up your hair.
10 damage to ship 5, 10 damage to sally, -1 to sally next turn actions.

Abdul:
NCA: Console Bubbles (2)
You try to tell Bubbles that everything will be okay (despite all your predictions of doom) Unsurprisingly, Bubbles isn't all that consoled.
CA: Magic Bolt eye (6-1=6)
You unleash some concentrated light energy which follows Marco's dark magic. The light and dark have a battle inside of the eye socket, but your magic is the winner when all is over. The darkness flees, and all the while, the inside of the Kraken was getting more and more mutilated.
120 damage to head

Sitcher:
NCA: "Get out of the water you idiots. What did I tell you?"
CA: Magic Eye (1)
Sitcher seems to have some trouble setting up his beam of light
Failure.

Kraken

Ram Ship 6 (4)
The Kraken chases after the Anchor man, but just misses him as he clambers on board ship 6. With all the momentum, the Kraken decides to just ram the ship as hard as possible. The kraken then emerges and starts attacking ship 6.
40 damage to ship 6

Kraken is now emerged

Kraken

Status

Currently emerged
Attacking ship 6

Head HP: 2185/3000
Eye HP: 0/200
Tentacle 1 HP: 0/300
Tentacle 2 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 3 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 4 HP: 0/300
Tentacle 5 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 6 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 7 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 8 HP: 300/300
Arm 1 HP: 200/200
Arm 2 HP: 200/200

Eye is destroyed, all Kraken actions have -1 modifier

Attacking the eye always carries a -1 modifier (cause it's a small target)
After Eye is destroyed, subsequent damage to the eye will instead deal double damage to the Head
While Submerged, it is immune to all attacks except magic attacks.
While emerged, all body parts can be targeted by all ranged attacks, but adjacent attacks can be landed on all body parts except the eye only if the Kraken is attacking the same ship as the attacker is on. (If it is attacking the ship you are on, you are at adjacent range)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Possible Status effecs:
Immobalized: You cannot do any NCA, and your CA can only target the body part that is immobalizing you with an adjacent attack, while having a -1 modifier
In the Ocean: Your CA has a -2 modifier, and you must succeed in a NCA to swim back to a ship quickly.

Ships

The HP of all the ships are seen here. The ships are connected via bridges in a circle (1 is connected to 12 and 2, 5 is connected to 4 and 6, etc.) If a ship is destroyed, the connections will be lost, so don't get trapped.

Ship 1: 100/100
Ship 2: 100/100
Ship 3: 100/100
Ship 4: 100/100
Ship 5: 100/100
Ship 6: 60/100
Ship 7: 100/100
Ship 8: 100/100
Ship 9: 80/100
Ship 10: 100/100
Ship 11: 0/100 (destroyed)
Ship 12: 100/100

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, Headchopper, Daisypants, Marco Ruyn, Sitcher

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper, neckslicer, Faker, Bruce the Hero
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

We clearly need a mini-arc where Cinderella leanrs the power of love.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 09, 2017, 12:18:10 pm »

Hey, what about -1 mods to the Kracken's actions?

Anyway, as usual, shoot it in the eye! If possible, use more than one arrow.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 09, 2017, 12:29:59 pm »

With a burst of angry sign language, the elf draws back his impractically ornate bow and prepares to fire again. Tonight will be seafood, or nothing.

Daisypants
NCA: Do nothing.
CA: Shoot for Tentacle 2.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 09, 2017, 12:36:38 pm »

Sally
NCA: Be confused because you just talked even though you are mute and by the fact you don't have a sister.
CA: Magic Bolt tentacle 2
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2017, 12:56:12 pm »

Headchopper

NCA:Recover from exhaustion.

Light Attack tentacle 2.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2017, 01:34:22 pm »

I think I just leveled up, also, hooray for Marco's horrendous childhood trauma  :D.

NCA: Study my teamates once more, attempt to gleam all the information I can.

CA: Magic beam the beast's eye.

We clearly need a mini-arc where Cinderella leanrs the power of love.
Please tell me this is not my character's new nickname.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:27:56 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29