Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28415 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2017, 07:49:52 am »

Gruuuuuugh
NCA - flip the fuck out about KRAKEN
CA - Heavy attack tentacle 4

"GRAAAWHRAAAAGRAH!"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2017, 08:15:16 am »

Daisypants
NCA: Do nothing
CA: Shoot Tentacle 4.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2017, 11:36:47 am »

NCA: Swim towards the Kraken and grab his head.
CA: Pinch the eye (Quick Attack).
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2017, 11:39:51 am »

Abdul
NCA: Stop petting bubbles and realize that I'm in a mortal battle on board Ship 3
CA: MAGIC BEAM Kraken Eye
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2017, 02:45:39 pm »

Turn 19

Abdul had been hard at work making his prophecy. So much so, that he didn't notice Bubbles had carried him over some bridges to ship 3. After scouting, this was indeed one of the best places to be. Smart horse.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: none
CA: Arrow Shot eye (5-1=4)
You draw your bow, and wait for your lung to be completely empty before releasing. The arrow flies with a slight vapor trail in the humid ocean air, creating a perfect arc that lands right in the Kraken's massive eye. The eye had no eyelid, so the open eye simply stares straight at you. You must admit, all the blood coming out of it made it was even more terrifying.
60 damage to eye

Daisypants:
CA: shoot tentacle 4 (3)
You notice the entire body, along with all it's tentacles, clinging on to ship 11, draggin it down with it's weight. You decide that shooting the eye was not worth the risk, and instead, you go for one of the tentacles. From the crossbar, you draw your bow in as show-offy of a manner as you can muster, and you fire a shot that lands at the tip of the tentacle you were aiming for. It wasn't the most practical location to hit, but it sure as hell made you look like a good archer.
30 damage to Tentacle 4
Level up!

Marco Ruyn:
NCA: Examin Sitcher (6)
You carefully examine Sitcher while he did his previous attack, and with a little help from your... friends... you deduce exactly what Sitcher did. Mind you, you have no idea how to do it, but at least you know what Magic Eye and Magic blast do. Unfortunately, you are so meticulous in your investigation, that you miss out on your attack.
CA: none

Zombie Young Johnny:
CA: heavy attack tentacle 1 (4-1=3)
You draw back your sword from under your coffin, and strike at the nearest tentacle. It was wrapping itself around the deck, but your strike puts a deep gash into it.
40 damage to tentacle 1

HeadChopper:
CA: Quick attack tentacle 1 (5)
With your pincers, you did into the squishy flesh of the tentacle, and remove parts of the inside. The tentacle did not cease it's movement however, and it did not look like you would be fast enough to stop it from bringing the ship down.
100 damage to tentacle 1

Bruce the Hero:
NCA: swim to the Kraken (2)
You trip over the railing, and fall into the ocean, completely disorientated.
Bruce is now in the ocean

Abdul:
NCA: get to ship 3 (free telport)
Bubbles had gotten you to ship 3, and bubbles has never been wrong to you before, so you accept it as the best possible position.
CA: Magic Beam Kraken's eye (2-1-1=2)
You try to snipe the eye of the Kraken with a beam of fire, but you forget that water kind of puts out fire.

Grug
NCA: Freak out (6)
The Kraken!? Here!? Oh No... Oh No... I can't swim fast enough to escape... I need to fight it with these... People.
+1 to your next attack
CA: none (too freaked out to do anything)

Sitcher:
CA: Magic blast eye (2-1-1=2)
Sitcher notices the bloodied eye of the Kraken, and goes for the kill. But he misses just like Abdul. However, the explosion of his shot does some damage, but not much.
20 damage to eye

Kraken

The Kraken noticed Bruce in the water, and decided to postpone pulling ship 11 down until he made the easy kill.
CA: Bite Bruce (3)
The silly warrior was completely lost, and didn't see the shadow of the Kraken underneath him until it was too late. The beak of the Kraken closed along his lower body, and severed him in two with one bite. The second bite downed the rest of him.
Bruce the Hero is dead

Kraken

Status

Currently Emerged
Attacking ship 11

Head HP: 3000/3000
Eye HP: 45/200
Tentacle 1 HP: 160/300
Tentacle 2 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 3 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 4 HP: 270/300
Tentacle 5 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 6 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 7 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 8 HP: 300/300
Arm 1 HP: 200/200
Arm 2 HP: 200/200

Attacking the eye always carries a -1 modifier (cause it's a small target)
After Eye is destroyed, all attacks by the Kraken have a -1 modifier
After Eye is destroyed, subsequent damage to the eye will instead deal double damage to the Head
While Submerged, it is immune to all attacks except magic attacks.
While emerged, all body parts can be targeted by all ranged attacks, but adjacent attacks can be landed on all body parts except the eye only if the Kraken is attacking the same ship as the attacker is on. (If it is attacking the ship you are on, you are at adjacent range)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Possible Status effecs:
Immobalized: You cannot do any NCA, and your CA can only target the body part that is immobalizing you with an adjacent attack, while having a -1 modifier
In the Ocean: Your CA has a -2 modifier, and you must succeed in a NCA to swim back to a ship quickly.

Ships

The HP of all the ships are seen here. The ships are connected via bridges in a circle (1 is connected to 12 and 2, 5 is connected to 4 and 6, etc.) If a ship is destroyed, the connections will be lost, so don't get trapped.

Ship 1: 100/100
Ship 2: 100/100
Ship 3: 100/100
Ship 4: 100/100
Ship 5: 100/100
Ship 6: 100/100
Ship 7: 100/100 (Immune 1 turn)
Ship 8: 100/100
Ship 9: 100/100
Ship 11: 100/100 (grappled)
Ship 12: 100/100

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, Headchopper, Daisypants, Marco Ruyn, Sitcher

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper, neckslicer, Faker, Bruce the Hero
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

I realize I messed up my giant squid anatomy. It has two tentacles and 8 arms. Oh well. The Kraken obviously bears no resemblance to a giant squid... none whatsoever...
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2017, 02:50:58 pm »

Excellent job with the sacrifice, Bruce.
Daisypants

NCA: Nothing. But nothing in a haughty, superior way with many dramatic gesticulations. (Just do nothing.)
CA: Shoot Tentacle 4. Again.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2017, 02:54:15 pm »

Doesn't a target have to be immobilized for the bite attack to hit, so shouldn't Bruce still be alive?

Marco Ruyn

NCA: Begin studying the Kraken for weak points besides the eye.
CA: Another Magic bolt to the beasts eye.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 05, 2017, 02:57:17 pm »

Doesn't a target have to be immobilized for the bite attack to hit, so shouldn't Bruce still be alive?

It says it can also be done against targets in the water.

Headchopper

Combat action:Heavy Attack Tentacle 1.

NCA:After attacking, move to ship 12 before the Kraken sinks 11.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:43:38 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 05, 2017, 03:00:14 pm »

Deep breathing. I have a cycle worked out.
Hmmm... carefully (very carefully) climb up to the crows nest.
EP, you ninja'd me for the answer. :(
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2017, 03:11:35 pm »

It says it can also be done against targets in the water.
Mistakenly read the or as an and. Also, what were you thinking CABL!?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 05, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »

Just to be clear, if any one of you repeatedly create copy-pasta characters to suicide them into the ocean, I'll start making the kraken act unpredictably.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 05, 2017, 03:38:59 pm »

Zombie Young Johnny
Quick Strike to tentacle 1
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 05, 2017, 03:43:18 pm »

NCA: Feed onion ring to Bubbles, let it ponder the hard decisions.
CA: MAGIC BEAM Kraken Eye, preferably not fire this time.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2017, 12:05:34 am »

Turn 20

The Kraken was momentarily distracted by Bruce the Hero (Everybody decided to see his graceful flop over the railing as a sacrifice rather than a mistake) The Kraken once again tried to bring the ship down.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: climb up into the crows nest (5)
You put your bow in your quiver, then climb up the rigging of the ship into the crow's nest. You see a young lad in there, but he says, "all your's sir." Before jumping out and down a rope as fast as he could. You can't tell if he said those words out of respect, or out of fear.
+1 to all attacks while in this location
CA: deep breathing (4)
You breathe rhythmically while climbing to the crows nest, and take deep breaths at the top to lower your heart rate, and calm your nerves
success

Daisypants:
There was a boy in your crows nest as well, and you flick him off while balancing on the cross bar, and nocking an arrow with one hand.
CA: shoot tentacle 4 (5)
You turn away from the shocked boy, and fire your bow at the same tentacle. This time, your shaft strikes at the base of the tentacle, which you know causes much more damage, even if you can't see clearly from this distance.
120 damage to Tentacle 4

Marco Ruyn:
NCA: Study for weak points (2)
The surface of the Kraken was entirely smooth and homogeneous. You can't seem to find any part that is weaker than others.
CA: magic bolt eye (3-1+1=3)
You aim another magic bolt, this time, an electric bolt. But the eye proves too small of a target, and your bolt strikes nearby, still doing some damage, but not quite enough.
15 damage to eye

Zombie Young Johnny:
CA: Quick Strike Tentacle 1 (4)
You once again blindly swing your sword at the direction you smell the Kraken. You feel your sword slice deep into the tentacle, and smell the blood coming out of the wound. The Tentacle flaps around slightly, as if it was losing functionality.
50 damage to tentacle 1

HeadChopper:
NCA: none (NCAs happen before CAs)
CA: Heavy Attack Tentacle 1 (2-1=2)
You draw back your pincers for a deep, devastating attack, but the small flailing of the tentacle caused by Johnny's attack causes your attack to miss.

Abdul:
You feed one of your onion rings to Bubbles, giving the horse gratification for a job well done.
CA: Magic Beam Kraken's eye (6-1-1=6)
You Shoot a beam of Ica at the Kraken's eye. The beam grows in diameter as it travels through the water, freezing the ocean water around it. The sharpened cone of ice plunges straight into the open eye of the Kraken, ripping through the entire tissue, and causing it to lose functionality.
100 damage to eye, eye is destroyed
Free Attack: wave ship 3 (3-1=2)
In response, the Kraken uses its body to send a massive wave in the direction it thinks you are from. However, without the ability to see what it is doing, the wave passes harmlessly by.

Sitcher:
CA: Magic eye (6)
With the eye destroyed, Sitcher prepares his trail of light, focussing it on The Kraken.
success

Kraken

Pull down ship 11 (4-1=3)
The Kraken strained to pull down the ship all the warriors were on. But without it's eye, it was struggling to stay oriented. The ship lists dangerously to the side, but not quite deep enough to take on water.

Kraken

Status

Currently Emerged
Attacking ship 11

Head HP: 3000/3000
Eye HP: 0/200
Tentacle 1 HP: 110/300
Tentacle 2 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 3 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 4 HP: 150/300
Tentacle 5 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 6 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 7 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 8 HP: 300/300
Arm 1 HP: 200/200
Arm 2 HP: 200/200

Eye is destroyed, all Kraken actions have -1 modifier

Attacking the eye always carries a -1 modifier (cause it's a small target)
After Eye is destroyed, subsequent damage to the eye will instead deal double damage to the Head
While Submerged, it is immune to all attacks except magic attacks.
While emerged, all body parts can be targeted by all ranged attacks, but adjacent attacks can be landed on all body parts except the eye only if the Kraken is attacking the same ship as the attacker is on. (If it is attacking the ship you are on, you are at adjacent range)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Possible Status effecs:
Immobalized: You cannot do any NCA, and your CA can only target the body part that is immobalizing you with an adjacent attack, while having a -1 modifier
In the Ocean: Your CA has a -2 modifier, and you must succeed in a NCA to swim back to a ship quickly.

Ships

The HP of all the ships are seen here. The ships are connected via bridges in a circle (1 is connected to 12 and 2, 5 is connected to 4 and 6, etc.) If a ship is destroyed, the connections will be lost, so don't get trapped.

Ship 1: 100/100
Ship 2: 100/100
Ship 3: 100/100
Ship 4: 100/100
Ship 5: 100/100
Ship 6: 100/100
Ship 7: 100/100 (Immune 1 turn)
Ship 8: 100/100
Ship 9: 100/100
Ship 11: 100/100 (grappled)
Ship 12: 100/100

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, Headchopper, Daisypants, Marco Ruyn, Sitcher

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper, neckslicer, Faker, Bruce the Hero
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

Deep breathing was supposed to require a 3 or higher for success, and I realize I never wrote that down anywhere. Hopefully that doesn't make it not worth it. Because making it guarenteed would be broken. The same thing applies for magic eye. (which is why he Sitcher failed first time.)

Also, Enemy Post, NCAs happen before CAs.

There was a comment earlier about exp. I can't seem to find it, but I remembered it just now. I think the level progression speed is doing very well. Saraket and Abdul are both almost level 4, which is decently high. (I've only planned attacks and skills as high as level 10, which are absurdly powerful)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2017, 12:20:19 am »

Headchopper

NCA:None.

CA:Light Attack tentacle 1.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29